• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: First we crack the shell

then we crack the nuts inside


Trixie stood ready, waiting in the main throne room. She had in her grasp a spear.
Now all she could do was hope that she wouldn't die. Her captor had met a fate much similar to one she would meet if she didn't take the chance and leave while she still could. Tirek had promised her power, and she believed him.

What a fool.


I walked up to the door slowly, expecting resistance. None came.
Knocking on the door, I heard nothing. the door was unlocked. "Castlevania much?" I said to myself.
Booting the door open, I adopted a fighting stance, moving through the door.
"no one here... weird" I looked around, hearing the shuffles of feet.
another door, I pushed it open, but it didn't budge.
I pulled it, Didn't budge. "fuck it" I brought the sword down onto the hinges, breaking them.
the door fell to the floor with a thud. I looked into the room, seeing the throne.

A woman jumped from no-where, brandishing a spear. she stood there shaking in front of me.
as she looked into my eyes, she shirked back to the far wall. "Trixie w-will stop you" I shrugged my shoulders.
"Where's Twilight?" Trixie's eyes widened for a moment.
"Upstairs, please don't Kill Trixie" I simply pointed to the door.
She still looked afraid, "go on... go" she gave a small smile.

I attempted to walk up the stairs but was pulled back. adjusting my trajectory, I flung out an elbow.
the elbow connected with something soft. as I got out of the pile, Trixie stood up and rubbed her injured boob.
"eheh... sorry," I then brought down the hilt on her head, knocking her out.

I stood at the staircase and sighed. "come on... dude... think Flash"
the first step I took was fine, the second again... fine
It was on the third... I began to run. Soon I had to sit down to take a breather.
"I'm almost there Twi, hang on" I stood back up.


Tirek sat in wait, he had opened up his own private armory, Grabbing his meat-cleaver of a sword.
with a fierce look on his face, he rose to his feet. "You know... Ms sparkle... Under different circumstances this would be the part where I let you go... but in this case," He brought the oversized blade above his shoulder. However, he was brought to a stop, as Alan tapped on his shoulders. "Excuse me, Long tall and ugly" Tirek swung around.
"who are you?"
Alan looked to see the woman, who almost began to panic. "Hey Sweetheart... You might want to close your eyes for a moment, Oh and when you can... go get the other elements... I has plan"


Tirek swung the flat side of the sword, Knocking the knight out of the window. He soon followed in pursuit.


"Shit shit shit shit shit, not one of my best ideas" I drew the sword and plunged it into the building, slowing my descent. Looking up, I simply began to repeat my small chant of shit. Tirek was hot on my tail.
I pulled the sword from the stone wall and launched myself away.
Landing in a clearing. I stood up and dusted myself off.
Tirek landed in front of me, still carrying that herculean blade. I opted for a mid stance.

"Bring it on"

Tirek leapt up into the air, sword at the ready.
I stood my ground.

PreviousChapters Next