• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Discovery

meanwhile in the dark recesses of some unknown location


In a dark hall, a gathering of people were conversing until finally a call for order was heard.
"SILENCE!" a loud booming voice commanded. sure enough, the hall fell silent.
"soon thou shalt heed the call to arms," a gruff sounding voice echoed around the room. "when our lord is finally free, we shall march on to Canterlot and take what is rightfully ours" there were several murmurs throughout the hall.
"who dares question the authority of Sakaar?" the Gruff voice belonged to a hooded figure. the hooded figure walked down from the steps leading to a dark throne.
A small, skinny man was pushed into the front. "Master Sakaar, I" Before the man could finish speaking, His throat was slit, blood becoming a small lake upon the floor. Sakaar was a ruthless shell of a man, leaving nothing but bodies and blood in his wake. Fueled by a blinding lust for power, and above all else, a mindless servitude to a powerful being.

Sakaar grew impatient.


It was a new day in Ponyville. I was currently running back and forth, making deliveries to various homes.
I had a small problem at first considering that Ponyville was still new to me. Luckily, I ran into an unlikely ally in this little quest. Her name was Ditzy. She claimed to know Ponyville like the back of her hand. the final delivery was pretty damn easy. I just handed the box over to her. "here's your muffins Ditzy" I gave a warm smile as she flew off with a thank you.
As i walked along fro the rest of the day, I found myself back in the town center. Pinkie Pie walked towards me, with a spring in her step. She then grabbed me by the arm, dragging me off.
"Pinkie? where are we going?" She simply looked down and smiled manically.
"You'll see" she then blindfolded me.
I twitched my ears to see if i could pick up any different sounds.
i could hear the call of the wind and footsteps on a dirt road. Pinkie Pie was humming a song as she dragged me along.


Sakaar was furious.

His foolish minions had no idea where his lord's body was being kept.
In the end, he decided upon a more darker approach. discovering the solution in a leather-bound book.
"Grab the whelp's body," He ordered the guards.
the guards picked up the carcass of the skinny man. they then threw it into a corner. "good, you've got the idea, we need sacrifices"


I found myself being pushed into a large area, hearing no sounds or movement. Pinkie removed the blindfold from me.
Opening my eyes to complete darkness, I felt uneasy. "uh Pinkie?"
"surprise!" What else could I do, I jumped high enough to grab a beam above me.
As I hung off, I took a look at the different people. then I saw the banner. Welcome to Ponyville, Gallant Knight.
I dropped down. "Are you surprised?huh are you?" Pinkie Pie asked enthusiastically.
I simply hugged her. "thanks pinkie, and judging by the amount of air I just got... I was definitely surprised" I chuckled.
After a few minutes of basic introductions, I simply perched myself on a seat with a glass of punch. I watched the different people play party games and basically chatting. "Pinkie, wheres the music at?" I asked, she simply pointed towards a crazy blue haired woman who was still setting up her equipment. She then watched me walk over to said woman.

"yo, Blue... need a hand?" She looked up, her shades perched on top of her head. She gave me a cocky smile.
"yeah dude, just plug this in" she held out a plug.
I plugged it into the electrical system, and her set-up came to life. "So.. Gallant Knight huh?" the blue haired woman then extended a fist. "Vinyl Scratch, at yer service" we bumped fists.
she then jumped behind her mixing desk and worked her magic.
I was expecting a cacophany of crap. but somehow, she made techno her bitch.

I looked over to where Twilight was sitting... however, i was standing face to face with her at that point.
She had a slight blush and a smile on her face. "Enjoying the party?" I barely heard her voice over the music.
The music had the tempo of a heart beat. "yeah, course i am" i gave her a wide smile.
glancing over to the punch table, i noticed a bottle hidden under the table. "oh well"
I walked over and poured out two glasses of punch, handing one over to Twilight.
"some prankster spiked the punch, not that I'm complaining" I took a sip, letting the new flavor dance along my taste-buds.
What was once a tropical fruit punch, was now a fruity kick in the teeth. "Vodka if I'm not mistaken" I smiled.


It had been a few minutes since the party had ended, and I was left to carry a now passed out Twilight back to her home.
Rarity walked with us to her home, ensuring both her safety and making sure i wouldn't take advantage.
She watched as I carried her up the stairs, sneaking up behind me as I lay Twilight down on the bed.
I bent down and whispered in the sleeping librarian's ear, then left with Rarity in tow.

"Alan? is... is everything alright?"
I gave a small smile as i walked with Rarity.
"every-thing's just fine"

PreviousChapters Next