• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Devestator

didn't even make a dent


The being that was Tirek began to brace himself for a barrage of attacks. moving quickly, he ducked, dipped, dived and dodged his way back to his tower. once he was inside, I quickly took a moment of rest.
however, That moment of rest was cut short by a shield to the face. As I attempted to regain my senses he kicked me across the earthy floor beneath me. I scrambled to my feet angrily. "That was a cheap shot Tirek"
Tirek simply laughed before grabbing his sword from the wall. as he pulled the sword out, the hilt of the blade collided with my shoulder as i attempted to get another back strike.

As I flew into a spin, I extended my sword, gaining an equal opportunity strike.
he defended with his shield. as he defended he made jabs to my body in order to get me to abstain from attacking.
I used the shield to my advantage, Jumping up onto it and then front-flipping. as i front-flipped, I brought the sword down, catching his back. something tells me his back is a weak point... looks like all those years of Legend of Zelda finally paid off I thought to myself. my train of thought was soon crashed as the shield hit me in the back.

I fell into a roll, and then landed on my back. he began to laugh. I simply raised an arm, and a middle finger.
"I'm done" I got up and simply focused on gaining a killing blow. I sped forwards, and leapt into the air. He raised the shield to defend, but soon lost the shield.. and his fingers. "try blocking now, dipshit" I was a tad stressed, but soon found out his fingers could grow back. "oh for fuck sake" I found myself being picked up, and thrown through the air.

I then hit the wall, and a new wave of pain greeted me, hello pain, I scrambled to my feet. my breath, raspy and haggard.
Tirek looked at me quizzingly for a moment. "You can barely fight.. let alone stand.. what are you going to do?"
it was true, I could hardly stand now. I looked more monstrous than Tirek did. Blood had run down my arms, dripping off my knuckles. my nose was bleeding slightly. I had blood trickling down my nose, dripping off its tip. and my torso was coated in dried blood.

I was badly injured, but still kept fighting. "Why do you persist?" Tirek asked.
"I've got too much to lose if I don't" I was done being calm and collected. I looked at the Pendragon sword and decided It was crunch time. Regaining my footing, I stood defiantly, going for my original cocky stance. "and besides," I cracked my neck. "all this talking is making me bored"

Tirek's face fell, he took a few steps back from me clearly seeing the anger on my face.
but then he simply brought the blade down in an arc over me. I raised my sword to block,
the ground shook.


Twilight and the others were nearing the location of the battle. "How much longer, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked.
Pinkie Pie was running along side an in-flight Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy flew along side Rarity, mentally preparing herself for a nasty sight. "Wha..what if we're too late?" Fluttershy asked with a worried tone.
"have a little faith Darling", you remember when he crashed through my roof? he was injured and still cleaned up his own mess?... if he can get up from a fall like that and still keep going... there's nothing he can't do..well... except fly"

As soon as Rarity said those words, Alan flew past them "eh.. Hi girls" He then crashed into a tree.
"although i've been wrong before"

"ALAN!" Twilight quickly rushed over to her hero.
Rarity and the others looked on with dropped jaws, Alan was a wreck.
"okay, Here's the plan... Use the elements on me"
Twilight slapped him across the face. "NO! I can't... we can't... it..."
"Twilight, do you trust me?"
she simply nodded. "then do it, I've got this feeling that... well... It has to be me, all it will do is stone him"
"are you sure?"

Alan shrugged his shoulders, "after the elements do their thing, get the hell out of here"


I stood bracing myself.

"Ready Alan?"
"Ready" there was a bright flash of light
and then darkness.

PreviousChapters Next