• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: To save a life

step one....


"Come on... stay with me scoots, wake up" I tried to keep calm as I carried her.
I began to run, even if my legs threatened to give out.
not stopping for even a microsecond. Each person I passed had the same worried expression as they saw the bloodied shirt and increasingly worried expression as I ran. "Dr Whooves," I burst into the waiting room.
"Mr Knight... what on Equestria happened to you?"
"Don't worry about me... FUCKING SAVE HER!" I couldn't help it, I got angry.
Angry at myself for not being strong enough, angry at my already clouded mind.
I placed the small girl on the Hospital bed and reluctantly watched as she was wheeled straight into surgery.
"Come one, Scoots... jeez, i've been here for 4 weeks, already killed a few people... and nearly gotten a child killed...
What kind of man am I?" I sighed before finally collapsing onto the seat in exhaustion yet again.


Lord Tirek was not pleased, Sakaar had failed, that was certain.
The demon began to pace back and form, growing to admire his new, more humaniod form.
He grunted for a moment before calling forth his minions. "As you know... Sakaar has failed.... You shall ensure that this will not happen again, Understand?" The three minions each saluted with a "yes Lord Tirek".
Tirek looked out to the window to see a lone seraph, shivering in fear.
"ahhh, you there... anything to report?" Tirek huffed.
"the...last Pendragon has appeared my lord... Please don't kill me my lord"
"kill you?" Tirek laughed as he plunged a clawed hand into the messengers chest, Ripping his heart out.
"now why would you suggest a thing like that?"


I found myself in my mindscape again,the wind was blowing strong. a storm was brewing. I had a headache.
looking over the trees and various other foliage, Arthur looked at me with a small amount of sorrow and alot of Regret. "It wasn't your fault" He placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Yes it is... it always is... How the hell am i going to beat Tirek.... If..." Arthur sighed.
"Harmony" He uttered this one word.
"It isn't your fault... now wake up"
"what?" I looked confused.
"Wake up, Alan" Arthur's voice slowly began to change as the mind-scape began to move like an earthquake.
"WAKE UP ALAN!!!!" Arthur screamed, but he sounded oddly like...


"Twilight?" I said groggily to The unknown woman calling my name. I was suddenly enveloped in a hug.
I felt tears hitting my shoulders, as she began to cry. "Shhh, Calm down" I placed my hand on her back, and stroked her hair as she cried. "Y-you could have died, or... you could have..." she continued to sob.
"Could have been... but I'm not" The doctor walked in. Scootaloo's Parents had began to bombard him with questions.

I waved them over. "listen, you two... what was she doing out at that time of night?"
Their faces fell. "she might have escaped, she had a thirst for adventure"
I looked at them for a moment. "Has," I corrected. "I refuse to believe that Scootaloo is dead"

her father Looked at me "Damn it, it should be you! ever since you came here she's been caught up, put in danger!" I took out the sword and handed it to him.
"That sword is a part of my bloodline" he looked at the blade, then to me. "with it... I took the life of Scootaloo's would-be killer"
he watched as the tears rolled down my cheeks. "but the one thing I can't do with it... is bring her back"

Scootaloo's father was about to say something. "When i arrived here... all i had were the clothes on my back, and the blood in my veins... Blood which has been spilled protecting Scootaloo.... and you pin the blame on me" I sighed.
"Its less than i deserve" I sighed as I walked up to the doctor.
"How is she doc?" He looked down for a moment.
"not good, three broken ribs, a fractured femur and one of her wings is broken"
"Fuck... Is she awake?"
"no"
"get her parents in there... and dont let them leave"

I sat back down next to Twilight, her Purple eyes now bloodshot red. "Alan?" she squeaked out. "I... Dont want to be alone tonight" I simply wiped away some stray tears.
"I know Twi... neither do I" I kept her in my arms and kissed her forehead. She had fallen asleep shortly after.
Spike walked in looking for her.


"Hey, Think you can carry her?" I looked at the small dragon.
"my arms hurt, but I'll manage" I smiled weakly as I picked her up in a bridal style carry.
He saw the slight discomfort i was in, but then noticed I was smiling.

It was now 3 in the morning. Celestia's sun had begun to ascend into the skies.
the three of us reached our destination slowly. Carefully manevouring through the door, I carried Twilight up the stairs and laid her in the bed. Spike simply smiled at the gesture and threw a towel at me.
"Go have a shower man, and then..." he threw a pair of my jogging pants at me "put those on and get into bed, She'll appreciate it"

well, when the dragon's right... He's right.

PreviousChapters Next