• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: the highest room in the tallest tower?

Is the author taking the piss?

yedont answer that


The wind picked up shortly after I began walking, causing my coat to billow wildly. I heard the huffing and puffing of three guardsmen trying to keep up. "hey, slow down" I simply stopped in my tracks.
"well? I suppose Shining told you to come with me did he? thats fine, could use the company"
I looked over to see the three... okay scratch that.
a woman stood there proudly in her guard armor. "What?" she sneered.
A burly man looking to be around 30 years old had an aloof nature much like Big Mac has. "dude, yer staring"
the third member of the group, a skinny man simply slapped the burly one in the back of the head.
"thanks for pointing that out, for the record, What are your names?"
the woman raised an eyebrow, but then sighed. "It makes sense, my name's Showdown" I extended a hand... she just glared.
"I'm Rocky Rhoads" the burly man shook my hand. the name suited this guy to a tee
"And I am Sweetspot" I raised an eyebrow at the skinny man.

"So what are we doing, exactly?"
I simply chuckled. "Ever played super mario?"


Tirek grew frustrated, he had never lost in his entire life... well.... almost never lost.
"So, I win again?" Twilight sighed. "what exactly did you hope to gain from this anyway?"
Tirek paused for a moment, then looked at the bookish beauty with a sly grin.
"Simple," he cackled. "one, keep you away from your fellow elements...and two?" his face turned to one of malice.
Both Twilight and Trixie could feel the killing intent coming off the dark lord.
"Kill the last of the Pendragons"


The three soldiers looked at me in confusion. "Never mind," I sighed as we continued walking.
"any ideas about the tower? as in where the fuck is it?" I asked, Showdown simply face-palmed.
"You mean you don't know where it is?" She asked with a tone of annoyance in her voice.
she then pointed forwards, "its that way" I looked to where she was pointing, then looked up. I could see the top of the tower. sighing inwardly, I drew the Pendragon.
Showdown suddenly to a sweep around the area. Anarchy Jumped out along with several of Tirek's loyal warriors.
"You three, Bust some heads, He's mine" I got into a low stance.
Anarchy simply smiled, "this is going to be fun"

He darted towards me, I simply moved left. he tried again from the back, However, I swung round with the sword catching him off guard. he then caught the blade in between his hands, I simply shrugged as i kicked him away. as he flew back, I stayed put. he then sped towards me again, Managing to knock the sword away. I simply cracked my knuckles.
He leapt forwards towards me, I then brought my knee up, colliding with his throat.

he began to cough as I picked the Pendragon up. "any last words?" I said, "maybe along the lines of don't kill me?"
As i spoke my piece, he stood up. then lunged forwards. I brought the sword across.
I watched as he fell to the ground, clutching his fatal wound. "Go in peace" I brought the sword back around, removing his head in the process.

I sheathed the sword, and continued walking.


Tirek had been watching from the window, in a fit of rage he swung out, catching Twilight across the face.
Turning around to look at the young woman, he chuckled darkly. "Trixie? I might just have a use for you after all"
Twilight sank back into the corner with fear. She now prayed that Alan would get there soon.


Showdown, Rocky and Sweetspot found themselves far behind the knight. "Damn it!" Showdown shouted.
"what is it this time?" Sweetspot looked over to the Seraphim warrior.
Rocky was humming a small tune, blissfully unaware of the current situation, Or so it seemed.
"that... Gallant... whatever... It's like he's... following his heart or something"
Rocky looked over to the others. "well hey, If some demon had my girlfriend, I'd follow my heart too" He stated calmly.
the others turned to him for a moment as he continued. "It's kinda like one of those damsel's in distress stories you know?"
Sweetspot caught on quickly. "well then, It's down to him" the two men turned back, leaving Showdown confused.
"Aren't you coming, Showdown? we may as well report back"

PreviousChapters Next