• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,833 Views, 118 Comments

Stuck Like This - Ink Trail



Things change but this time is it better or worse?

  • ...
3
 118
 1,833

Chapter 1

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the following, MLP FIM and Equestria Girls belong to Hasbro, Studio DHX and Lauren Faust.)

It was morning again in Equestria just like any other day but she wondered will they react differently? Will they know it's her? Will they look in her eyes and see the pony they love? Conflicted she put on a silk black cloak, ironically it still fit her new body. She made her way down to see number one assistant making breakfast. "Morning Twilight." The young dragon said as he prepared the food. "I'm not sure if your body could take your old food so I made PB&J." he said as he put it down on a plate.

"Thanks Spike." she said as she knelt down to pat him on the head. Sitting down in her crystal seat, (which felt ice cold) she ate her sandwich. "This is the best you've made Spike, kind of wish I had your skills at making these. I would if I could but." She felt the top of her head where her horn used to be but due to the "incident" a while back it was gone......possibly forever. She put her sandwich down and got up hoping to escape the wave of tears that could take her. "Hey uh Spike. I'm going in my room."

"Are you sure? I know you've been feeling down after that uh.........thing, that happened to you. If you want I can talk to you." She sat down next to the young dragon.

"Thank you Spike. I haven't been feeling the same since....you know."

"Yeah, I was there."

During her last visit to Canterlot High a malfunction happened in the machine hooked up to the mirror it some how changed her into......this. She avoided contact with the ponies outside, afraid that they might scorn their Princess of Friendship, she even avoided Princess Celestia. Princess Luna was the only one who knew of her plight but Twilight begged her not to tell her sister about Twilight's new form, the shock to Celestia could be too much. Nevertheless she still went outside if she needed to, wearing a thick cloak to avoid eye contact from other ponies.

"I'm sorry for what happened Twilight, but you have to let it go. Even if you look different you're still Twilight." The dragon said trying to comfort her.

"How can you be sure that other ponies will think that? They have never seen this before!" she said almost to the point of crying, hot tears fell down her purple cheeks. "I just don't want them to see me as a monster.....I just want to be normal again." she put her face into her hands as she wept. Spike walked over to her and hugged her arm.

"I know......that's why we need help."

"But who would help someone that looks like this? What kind of pony would overlook what I look like?" she asked voice breaking from the tears.

"Princess Celestia" the baby dragon responded.

"What!? But.....but what will she say about this?" she said in surprise. " I can't just stroll up to the castle looking like this!" Spike nodded in agreement but was still determined to help his friend.

"Then we'll bring her here. I'll just write a letter to her." As he reached for the quill Twilight grabbed it, Twilight was kind of fast in her new body. While she was missing her horn her hands were suitable replacements.

"No! Please don't! Last thing I need is the princess canceling my-" The baby dragon put his hand on her mouth.

"Did she cancel your studies when I saved Equestria?" she looked down to the ground and back up at Spike and shook her head "And did she cancel your studies when you became a Princess?" Again she shook her head. "And did she cancel your studies during those times you caused a problem?" She gently grabbed his hand and lowered it shaking her head.
The baby dragon grabbed the pen out of her hand. "Exactly, Twilight she'll understand that this wasn't your fault. You didn't choose to be this way, it just happened." Twilight was touched by her assistants words of wisdom.

"Thank you Spike, I hate when you go all Spike the Sage on me." Spike laughed at this and began writing.

"You know, you could make me a teacher once in a while." he smirked.

She gave him a nice try look. "Eh worth a shot." The baby dragon blew his fire onto the note and the ashes floated toward their destination.

"I hope she gets the message. I want to go back to walking on all fours. And I kinda miss flying." Twilight thought aloud.

"It's not so bad being a biped." said Spike. "I live with it everyday. Walking on all fours though? That's hard, how do you ponies do it?"
Twilight giggled at his question. For the first time since the accident she was her old self again......well almost. "Should I tell the girls that you want to see them?"

"No I'll do it. I was going out anyway till my emotions got in the way." she said as she got up and walked out. "I'll see you afterwards Spike." she said as she knelt down and gave him a hug.

"Try not to scare anypony okay?" he said as he hugged her. She walked out of the castle and made her way to Ponyville, taking a deep breath she collected her thoughts and put her hood on as she made her way to the village.

Author's Note:

My first MLP Fanfic ever!!!! So tell me what you think! I'll update it when Season Five ends so until then this is Ink Trail wishing you good bye and safe travels! I actually got this idea from a dream about Human Pinkie Pie going to Equestria and staying as a human.