• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,833 Views, 118 Comments

Stuck Like This - Ink Trail



Things change but this time is it better or worse?

  • ...
3
 118
 1,833

Chapter 5

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the following, MLP FIM and Equestria Girls belong to Hasbro, Studio DHX and Lauren Faust.)

Starlight sat near the mirror just staring at it, then she looked at her hoof and back at the mirror. "Why did my hoof turn into a um.......hand?" she asked still wary of what transpired.

"I don't know exactly. I guess with me I turned into a dog and Twilight changed into something from the other world." he said cleaning the floor near the machine. "It's like ours but different."

"How different?" asked the lavender pony.

"Well the inhabitants of that world don't use magic, they use these things like hoof or handheld phones, these things called computers, cameras, and these cool machines called cars! They even have these things called TVs." He explained to Starlight. "Now I kinda wish I could go back, but ever since the accident me and Twilight are nervous." he said.

"Why is it still on?" asked Starlight. "Wouldn't it be better to turn it off and fix it?" she asked. Her answer was given from a sad look from the baby dragon. "What?"

"It's not that simple. She wants to keep it on so she can run some tests." he said. "So far nothing." For weeks the wondered what happened to the mirror, almost to the point where she obsessed over it. "It kinda scares me, I'm afraid I'll never see those versions of my-" there was a slight clattering, as if something fell on a floor.

"What was that?" she said as she got off the couch. She walked to where the noise was, Whatever it was, its in here she thought to herself, to her surprise she found what looked like a black rectangular object. "Huh?" she said aloud. Using a levitation spell she picked it up and studied it, it looked like it had what looked like a window in the middle and a small button beneath it. She stared at it with curiosity, before the dragon stared at it.

"Where did you get this?" he said with puzzlement in his voice.

"I just found it on the floor." she said as she looked at the peculiar thing. "What is it, is that one of those cell phone things?" she asked.

He just stared at it. What's this doing here? It should be at Canterlot High! he thought to himself, he looked afraid but then he calmed down a bit. "Eh, poor guy from CHS probably lost it. It probably flew through the portal." he said putting it down.

Starlight just looked at the phone for a second and then walked back. "How was the other unicorn like me?" she asked. "Did she try to ruin everyone's lives too?" She often wondered who this "Second Student of Celestia" was, and how did she ended up in the other world.

"Her name was Sunset Shimmer." he said. "She was kinda like you, only it didn't take us a whole month to get her to see the light, we did it in three days!" he said smiling, but it faded when saw her raising an eyebrow at him. "Heh.....no offense." he responded nervously.

"None taken." the violet unicorn said through gritted teeth.


(Twilight POV)

The sun had begun to set over the forest next to Fluttershy's cottage, it was almost nighttime. Last stop of the day, then back to the lab for more tests. thought Twilight. Knowing Fluttershy, it was obvious she worried the most, she hoped that Fluttershy was alright. she approached the oak door and knocked on it softly (It kept the animals asleep). She heard hoofsteps make their way to the door.

"Um....w-w-who is it?" a soft, meek voice said.

"Fluttershy, it's me Twilight." Soon she heard some locks unlock and the door opened to a yellow pegasus with pink hair.

"Twilight? Is that you?" she asked looking up at her friend.

"Yes and no." soon she told Fluttershy of her predicament.

"Gosh, that sounds scary. Have you fixed it yet?" asked the pegasus.

"That's the strangest thing, there's nothing wrong with the mirror." said the Princess.

"Um..m-maybe you made a mistake?"

I made a mistake? "Fluttershy, I never make mistakes." She soon received a raised eyebrow. "Okay maybe a little." The eyebrow was still raised "Okay, a few." It didn't vanish "Okay I've made a few, but this isn't one of those mistakes where I caused the-" Soon a noise blared out scaring Fluttershy. It sounded like.....an alarm horn?

"What is that?" trembled Fluttershy.

Wait......that can't be. Not even bothering to put on her cloak she ran to the source with Fluttershy in tow.

"I've never seen you run this fast before!" the pegasus softly exclaimed.

Oh dear Celestia let me be wrong. When she came to the source all she could do was gasp in horror, and confusion. I was right. Her thoughts were correct, she was staring at what looked like a vehicle from Canterlot High. "No....why is this here!?" she asked herself.

Fluttershy peeked and looked at the large machine. "What is that?" she asked approaching it carefully. "I've never seen anything like this before in Equestria. " she looked at the machine lost in the bright red of the paint.

"Why is this here? It's not supposed to be here!" Twilight panicked and started to sweat. Why is a car here in Equestria!? It's supposed to be at Canterlot High!

"Um Twilight, are you okay?" asked the yellow pegasus.

"NO! This isn't supposed the be here!! More importantly, how did it get here!?" she asked in a panicked voice and soon her hair was getting unruly form the multiple questions.

"What is it though?" she asked.

"It's a car. It's like a carriage only it's more, well advanced." she explained.

"Ooh." said Fluttershy

"Sorry to cut this visit short Fluttershy, but I have to get back to the Castle and run some tests on the mirror, I'll see you soon!" she said lifting her cloak up and running off.

"Oh okay, bye Twilight." she said. She turned her head toward the vehicle and and walked back to her house.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the delay. But here is Chapter 5, already things are getting a little rocky. Why did a cellphone come out of nowhere in Twilight's Castle and why is a car in the forest near Fluttershy's house? Keep reading Stuck Like This to find out.