• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,833 Views, 118 Comments

Stuck Like This - Ink Trail



Things change but this time is it better or worse?

  • ...
3
 118
 1,833

Chapter 2

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the following, MLP FIM and Equestria Girls belong to Hasbro, Studio DHX and Lauren Faust.)

Her first stop was Carousel Boutique, she wanted to see if Rarity could make some clothes for her new self. As she approached the door she hesitated a little but collected her thoughts and opened the door. As always she saw the pearl white unicorn fixing up display stands for the masses, she couldn't help but smile at this sight. Soon the hood and cloak caught Rarity's attention. "Hello and welcome to Carousel Boutique where every thing is chic, unique and treis magnifique!" she said with glee.

She doesn't even know who I am. thought Twilight, this may have been good for her but she felt kind of worried. Would Rarity be afraid of the new her or will she accept her new form? No, she's my friend. she thought combating the negative thoughts that flooded her mind. "Rarity.....we need to talk." she said.

"Twilight!?" she exclaimed with the usual over dramatic gasp. "Where have you been darling!? I've been worried sick about you! Also why are you wearing that um.....charming cloak?"

Same old Rarity she thought. She was glad to see her friends over the top reaction to every little thing, while annoying at some times she was glad to see her reaction now. "I know and I'm sorry. I have a really big problem now." she said.

"Big as in you used a Height Spell?" said the fashionista pony as he examined Twilight's current height. "You didn't step in Poison Joke did you?" she said backing up a little. "I have enough problems keeping this mane perfect as it is." she said showing off her violet mane.

"This is beyond a simple height spell." She took a deep breath. Here we go. "I'm going to show you something but I need you to promise me you won't shun me for how I look. I've had enough mental discourage from myself."

All Rarity could do was raise an eyebrow. "Twilight don't be ridiculous! You are my friend and one of my closest ones too. I wouldn't shun you even if you wore something garish!" she said to Twilight trying to cheer her up.

"Thanks Rarity." Twilight felt a river of tears building up but not of sadness but of happiness. Slowly she reached for her hood and took it of her head, letting her dark hair fall down her back. "This is the new me." she said.

Rarity just stood there as she looked up at her friend. Indeed she looked nothing like her but her voice and her eyes assured her it was her friend. "Dear Celestia! What happened to you Twilight? Did an experiment go wrong?" she said. "Should I grab a chair for you?" she said in a concerned voice.

Twilight smiled at her friend's generosity. Despite every reaction she thought Rarity would do she was glad Rarity understood her plight. Letting emotion take control she knelt down and hugged her friend staining her fur with tears. "Thank you Rarity. Thank you for understanding." she said her voice breaking up.

Rarity while initially shocked at the sudden reaction of Twilight, embraced her giving her a reassuring hug. "Anytime Twilight, anytime. But if you don't mind me asking how did you end up like this? Surely it wasn't a spell was it?"

Twilight told Rarity of her last trip and the malfunction in the mirror, she also told her about the self exile she put herself through in the castle and the many times she donned the cloak and hood, she ended when she got to Spike telling her it was going to be okay. Rarity listened to every word, absorbing every bit of information. "So that's why we've haven't seen you in weeks?" she asked.

"Yes." she said as she looked at herself in a mirror. "I was just afraid that you guys might not want to see me. I didn't know how to deal with being stuck like this....." she felt her knees wobble but willpower made her stand up. "But now I'm going to reverse this, problem is I don't know how."

"Well it sounds like Princess Celestia could help you. After all she knows a lot about magic. She could reverse what happened to you." said Rarity.

"Spike wrote a letter to her. Before he wrote it, Princess Luna was the only one who knew about this, I begged her not to tell Princess Celestia. But now it's time she knew. Twilight said grabbing her cloak. "Thank you for understanding Rarity." She said.

"Anytime Twilight. Just for you, I'll make clothes for your....um, condition." said the white unicorn with a nervous smile.

Same old Rarity thought Twilight as she giggled. Putting up her hood she left the Boutique and looked around as she walked to Sugarcube Corner. Hopefully Pinkie won't freak out. thought Twilight. As she entered she was welcomed by noise makers and confetti.

"Hey Twilight! Missed you!" said Pinkie. "So anything new? Any new spells? Any new books? Any news from the school thing? Tell me!" she asked excitedly.

Twilight giggled at her friends excited curiosity. "Hello Pinkie I missed you too, but I don't have anything new....well that's kind of a lie. You see-"

"Your mirror thing had a malfunction making you look like what you do in that alternate world, got really super duper sad and lonely, decided to cheer yourself up by seeing us, and saw Rarity?" said the party pony.

Twilight stood there with her jaw wide opened. "How did you......I mean......but........wha..........how?" the girl mumbled trying to comprehend the situation.

"Just a hunch." said Pinkie smiling her incorruptible innocent smile.

Author's Note:

Pinkie and Rarity are introduced int this chapter! I will do the Mane 6 soon enough. Maybe the CMC. Plus I decided to go back on updating it when Season 5 ends. See you in Chapter 3!