• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 1,833 Views, 118 Comments

Stuck Like This - Ink Trail



Things change but this time is it better or worse?

  • ...
3
 118
 1,833

Chapter 6

(Disclaimer: I do not own any of the following, MLP FIM and Equestria Girls belong to Hasbro, Studio DHX and Lauren Faust.)

(Thoughts are indented, reading is in bold)

She just stared at the device like a cat waiting for it to do something. "You know, you've been staring at that for an hour." said Spike. "Aren't you going to get bored? What are you waiting for?"

"I heard a humming noise from it. I wanted to see if it'll do it again." explained Starlight.

"It's probably on vibrate." Starlight looked at him with a puzzled expression. "It's so they don't get in trouble at places like the mall, the movies, and school." he explained.

"Mall?"

"Take my advice, don't got here. All you'll find is a bunch of shops and posters for some pretty girl or guy." he said soon the door opened and he saw Twilight standing and panting. "Twilight, you okay?" she ignored him and took off her cloak and looked at the mirror. "Hey what's wrong?"

Starlight looked at this new creature in awe,why did Spike call it Twilight? Was that her? Why does she look like that? the questions bounced around her mind like a ball.

"Spike, we have a problem, I saw a car next to Fluttershy's house!" explained Twilight in horror, Spike shared the same expression but Starlight was confused.

"But how?! I-I-mean why was a car there!?" Just as Twilight was about to explain she saw a hint of violet and looked up to see Starlight Glimmer, with a confused look on her face.

"When did Starlight get here?" she asked.

"Never mind that! I've got something else. to tell you." he picked up the cell phone and gave it to Twilight. "This came about an hour ago, it's like it appeared out of nowhere!" said Spike.

Twilight held it in her shaking hands, sweat beads were filling out her forehead, it was like having a heart attack. "How did these things get-" something hit the ground and they looked to see what looked like a small plastic case that read, Power Girls "Oh no.....not again."

"Power Girls? Please give me Power Ponies any day." This remark earned him an angry look from Twilight. "But, I'll take what I can get." he laughed nervously.

"Twilight what's going on? Why are these things popping up?" asked Starlight.

"I don't know..." soon she heard a burp.

"Looks like Princess Celestia responded." he said as he opened the letter.

"Dear Twilight, you are needed in Canterlot immediately, strange objects have been appearing all over Equestria, I apologize for not responding to your previous letter but I had to deal with these sudden occurrences while I could. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Sincerely, Princess Celestia

"All over Equestria?!" exclaimed Twilight. "But......how is this possible? The Portal is here!"

"Maybe another portal opened?" said Starlight. "I mean there doesn't have to be just one."

"That's.......a really good point." said Twilight. Why would there be just one portal?"

"Or maybe someone opened a portal?" said Spike in fear. "But who would open a portal?"

Starlight pondered about this possibility, it both amazed her and terrified her. Who would open a portal to another dimension? More importantly? Who was powerful enough to do that? Dimension magic took an awful amount of energy to pull off, all she could do was a small window to another country!

"Maybe Celestia knows who's causing this, whenever there's a problem, she always knows the culprit." said Twilight.

"Is it wrong that I say Discord did this?" asked Spike crossing his arms. "I mean this has his claw-writing allover it." While the girls forgave Discord, Spike wasn't so forgiving, especially during the battle against Tirek.

"I don't even know if Discord can do something this scale in power," Said Twilight. While he can open portals to another dimension, it's possible he doesn't even know of Canterlot High.

"Well in any case you should go to Canterlot. Me and Spike will stay in Ponyville to make sure no strange things pop up." said Starlight. "The less CHS devices appearing the better."

After what seemed like an hour of packing, (and double, double, double, checking) Twilight put on her cloak and headed to the train station. Surprisingly news spread quickly, ponies were talking about the items from another world. I gotta find out what's causing this. she thought. But first, I need to have Celestia change me back. She got on the train and enjoyed the ride to the castle.


After the train ride she made her way to the castle. "And when I got near it, music came out of nowhere! It sounded it like it came from Kind Sombra!" said a colt.

"Look at these letters on these buttons, who would make buttons this small?" said a mare

Okay I really have to find out who or what is causing this. thought the Princess of Friendship. As she made her way to the castle she saw what looked like a carriage made of crystal. Cadence and Shining are here too? This may be bigger than I thought, why can't it be small threat like the bearbug? Twilight complained in her head. She soon made her way to the throne room, but was a little out of breath due to the stairs. This was so much easier with two legs!

She soon entered the throne room to see Princess Celestia , Princess Luna and Cadence talking to each other about the current events. "Have the guards noticed anything going on?" asked Clestia.

"I haven't received any word from the squad we sent out. At least some of our men will keep the peace while this....situation develops the answer." said Luna.

"Um....excuse me, Princess?" Cadence lit up as she heard the voice.

"Twilight!" she said excitedly. She galloped toward her sister-in-law and hugged her. "It's so good to see you, but....why are you taller than me?" she asked.

"Heh, it's kind of a long story." said Twilight.


"I'm afraid that story will have to wait." said Luna. "Hello Twilight, it is great to see you out of your, as you say it "funk"." said the night Princess. She sounded kind of.....sad, for some odd reason

"Thank you Princess Luna." said Twilight as she removed her hood. "What's wrong?"

"Spike told me of your present situation." said Princess Celestia. Like her sister her voice was sad....almost heartbroken.

"I was hoping you could change me back." Said Twilight "I think being a unicorn could better help me in this situation, I can probably help seal portals." she said.

Soon the hurt expression on Celestia grew. "I.....I'm sorry Twilight." the words were heavy with sadness.

"W-what do you mean?" said Twilight with her voice breaking, she felt her knees starting to wobble and tears sting her eyes.

"I'm afraid changing you back, is beyond even my power."

Author's Note:

The plot thickens. Who or what is causing these portals to open up and how will Twilight stop this with no magic? Keep reading to find out. (I was almost going to put this on hiatus because.....I was lazy. :raritycry: But I punched my laziness in the face and continued wring for you my dear readers. Of course Equestria Daybreak will be on hiatus till I can work on it.)