• Published 31st May 2012
  • 8,994 Views, 332 Comments

Equestria Noire - PonyManne215



Detective Cole Phelps sacrificed himself, being carried away by a flood. Where did it lead him?

  • ...
22
 332
 8,994

Mad About the Mare

Author's Note: This is something that's been plaguing my mind ever since I wrote the case with Gilda. I'm going to be completely vague on this, so for those of you who understand it, too bad for you. It's better to not understand. In the end, Cole will have to choose. There, I said it. Prepare yourselves, the end is nigh. Well, in a couple more chapters, really. Also, when you finish this chapter, you're probably going to ask that of all things I could have used as a filler chapter, why did I choose this? Well, to be quite honest, it was mainly because of the Rarity picture on my page. After seeing my friend send it to me in a PM here, the picture's been etched into my mind for all of eternity. Accounting this new rape picture of Rarity saying "Bend Over" with a seductive smile has caused this. Don't blame me for the main subject of this chapter, blame the guy or girl who started that "Bend Over" meme with Rarity. And the ending of this chapter is not a troll attempt on my end, it actually fits into the next chapter. I thought it best to end it there.



‘The world is changing. Activists are sprouting up everywhere. People are starting to leave their ignorant shells. Tolerance is being embraced for the general public. Equality for every race is paving the way. Through all of this radical change, one can seemingly feel afraid or misguided. It’s pretty easy to end up this way. Hell, most of the people are. But what they don’t realize is that they’re not alone. In everyone’s life, there is at least one person willing to be there for them. There’s always a person willing to see things through to the end. Someone who watches over each other in times of great need or desperation. People need friends. People need a family. People need love.’


Carousel Boutique
4:44 AM


Somehow, Cole Phelps had managed to sleep an entire day away. Judging from his actions of the previous day, Twilight had been probably throwing a fit or some other form of disdain for the unnecessary amount of violence that the usually level-headed detective displayed. Cole just didn’t care for all of the troubles of the previous day. He was worn out, dreary, and was crowded with the thoughts of the mysterious schemers.

There was something worthwhile out of it all, Cole Phelps had finally freed Fluttershy from the torment of the griffins. He had finally done what he sought out to do in the first place; help the innocent. The human took relief in that fact. For one reason or another, he felt.....lifted. He felt like he was redeemed for his sins in a small capacity. The feeling was great to him, in fact, he wished to have more of it. So he swore that he would continue his crusade against crime.

Cole’s heavy eyes slowly opened, giving him some vision of his surroundings. The room was dark, as per usual. He had preferred a room without any lighting as to remain stealthy should any robbers decide to check inside of the room. He had learned this curious trick back from his olden days. His shoulder and body felt sore, as if something was lying on top of him. He tried to get up, only to be put back down. He craned his neck forward as to see what obstructed his movement.

And there, upon his torso, was Rarity. She was lying horizontally across his own body. She was sleeping deeply as Cole heard her soft little breaths of air. It took him some time to put together the meaning of this matter. Before long, he gasped as he held a hand to his mouth, stopping any audible noise to escape.

‘Did she?.....No...No..that’s not like her..Besides, how would that work?..I’m not..like that.’


Quelling the obscene thought, he slowly and gently moved her aside so that she could sleep comfortably while he left. After wrapping a sheet around her, he turned his attention to the bathroom door. Hopefully, she wouldn’t wake from the noise. He stepped inside of the room and began to brush his teeth, following his usual routine. After spitting out the toothpaste, he rinsed, and so forth.

Now was one of the best moments of each day; the shower. Cole stepped inside and turned the handle to a startling cold. After a few seconds of the freezing ocean, he adjusted the temperature to a mild. Following the bland water came the warm change. And after relaxing in the warm shower, Cole turned the handle to hot. The water hit his face as he closed his eyes, gathering his thoughts. The room quickly began to fill with steam as he was blinded by the intensity of the blast. It was relaxing to say the least. Everyone had their quirks, and Cole Phelps’ quirk was the love of hot water. It seemed to just soothe him.

He embraced the silence that filled the bathroom as he continued to clean himself. Had his eyes been open, or had he lingered on one of the other modes of water, less steam would have been created and he would have been able to see a very sleepy Rarity enter the room. He took a bar of soap in hand as he glided it across his arm muscles. That’s when he tensed up. He heard a loud yawn from behind him. Instinctively, he covered his male appendage as he remained mute for the entire duration.

Just a few moments earlier...

Rarity had just woken up. She scolded herself for falling asleep while comforting her hurting friend. She had to admit to herself though, she had a good night’s rest. Who knew that she could sleep the entire day? Talk about beauty sleep. Luckily, Sweetie Belle had gone to sleep over Apple Bloom’s, so Rarity’s sister being locked out of the home was not a worry. She dragged herself out of the bed, noticing Cole’s absence. “He must have left already.” She said to herself.

As she stepped inside of the guest bathroom, she felt steam waft into her face. It felt pleasuring in a sense. The warm sensation caused her drowsiness to multiply. She yawned from her tiredness.

‘I could go back for more beauty sleep..’


She shook the thought of sleeping in out of her head. She was not going to be Rainbow Dash anytime soon. She took an extra toothbrush from the jar nearby and cleaned her pearly whites. After finishing, she sniffed the air, distinctly smelling something clean and familiar.

“Lilac? Why do I smell lilac?” She questioned.

Shrugging of the confusing scent, she took a brush nearby in hoof and began to style her mane. She had definitely tossed and turned in her sleep as she saw that her previously styled mane had some misgivings, knots, and stray hairs. Deciding to cleanse her hair, she eliminated any imperfections and once again, her unkempt mane was returned to its beautiful normalcy. All the while she was doing this, her eyes were closed. She opened her eyes and moved closer to the mirror. As she inspected herself, she finally noticed the shower was on.

“Oh dear, Cole must have forgotten to turn it off. No matter, what’s done is done.”

She went over to the shower door and pulled it open, expecting to turn the valve to its resting position so that the flow of water be cut off. Instead of seeing what she had expected, she bore witness to a naked Cole Phelps, struck with a look of embarrassment, shame, and utter horror. Rarity, the lady that she was, was frozen. Her mouth lay agape as she stared at his fully bare form. Thankfully, she didn’t see Cole’s....manhood in its entirety. The silence had reached an all time high.

Seething and wincing from this experience, Cole stammered out, “Uh...R-Rarity? I’m up here.” He motioned one hand, the other still trying to cover himself. The mare in question snapped out of it as she looked to his face. Finally accessing the entirety of what was transpiring, she nervously and awkwardly smiled at him.

“I’ll just...l-leave you here to your shower then, o-okay?” She muttered while bolting for the door. Her face was shaded a complete red.

In his opinion, no one or no pony had ever spoken words more true. Now having his mood for a thorough shower ruined, he washed off the remaining suds and stepped out. He quickly dried himself with a towel and then grabbed whatever was next to him. Just as if God himself had planned it, he took in hand his first garbs that he had worn on his first day in Equestria. He wore his silver/gray suit, and his red tie, complete with the matching silver white-lined fedora.

Hesitantly, Cole opened the door and stepped into his room. Sighing from relief, he gathered his belongings from the cupboard nearby. He just wanted to get this day over with. He knew that dealing with Twilight was going to be difficult.

‘Today is going to be a handful. Well, in this case, a hooful.’

Phelps chuckled at his own weakly attempted joke as he stepped into the hallway. It was deadly silent. Hopefully, he wouldn’t have to encounter Rarity after their....untimely morning wakeup call. Stealthily, he lightly stepped downstairs to the foyer. So far, the lighting was out and it meant that Rarity was probably inside of her room. He hastily ran outside of the door and shut it tightly. He turned and immediately walked in a disturbed manner to the Ponyville General Hospital. After what he did, that was the best possible place to take the two detainees for care.

Rarity hid from Cole as he left the Boutique. She watched him exit from a half-shut door in the dark living room. After he left, she heaved a delighted sigh. Now that he was gone, she could think on what in Celestia’s name had just happened.

‘..So I sort of slept with him..I walked into the bathroom while he was there, and I....saw him..’

Her cheeks flushed into a rosy red as she giggled at the thought of seeing someone naked, but it was awkward nonetheless. She berated herself for being so intrusive and for being so ignorant. To her, she quickly realized that the analytical detective wouldn’t forget to shut off the water. She also had wished that she didn’t stumble into the shower so blindly. But she also berated the detective for being so quiet. Had he just sneezed, coughed, or whispered, the whole debacle would have been avoided. She shook her head at both herself, and Cole. But then the images of Cole standing there kept entering her mind. She didn’t see all of it, but she saw enough to know the humans and ponies weren’t so different after all. Well, their sexual appendages anyway.

‘..I saw his...’ Again, she laughed as the pink color came back to her cheeks.


Ponyville Hospital
5:14 AM

Eventful morning aside, Cole was already anxious about the day. He had lost his cool when that whole happening had occurred but he got over it as he walked to the medical facility of Ponyville. Unfortunately, he lost his cool again the moment he saw the big red “Ponyville General” plastered on its front. He adjusted his collar, feeling as if it were strangling him. A few lone beads of sweat rolled down his face’s right side as he moved closer. He was within visual range of the hospital’s visiting hour schedule. The doors opened themselves, again amazing the WWII era soldier. He stepped inside and met a familiar face.

“Well, nice to see you again, Detective.”

“Likewise, Nurse Redheart.” Cole waved, “By any chance, is Twilight or any of the griffins here?”

“Well...yes and no,” She began, her previous warm greeting smile was replaced by a look of worry. “Twilight brought them back and they’re under heavy watch. Also...she may have warned the security staff to be wary of you.”

Swallowing his manly pride, he took the news in stride. “And where is Sparkle?” He thought it best to take things back a notch with Twilight. Perhaps she wasn’t exactly in the state of calling Cole Phelps a friend.

“Last I remember, the archives. She was looking through our medical records to see if she could find any history on Ms. Gilda or the other fellow.” The Nurse explained.

“Thanks, I guess I’ll go see her.” He said through gritted teeth.

“Good luck.” She wished sincerely.

Phelps left the pink maned mare to her duty as he walked down the sanitized hallway. If he recalled correctly, the archives room was right around the corner from where Octavia had been bedded. And his memory served him right when he saw the small wood sign that read “Archives”. Taking a deep breath, most likely his last, he opened the door and stepped inside.

“Hey there, Spar-” Cole was stopped by a hoof in his mouth.

“You.” Twilight hissed with venom.


Ponyville Marketplace
5:46 AM

After cleaning herself up and getting over the previous matter, Rarity thought it best to go out for breakfast. The alone time would certainly help her think things through. Still though, how would she approach Cole? He lived with her so she would have to speak to him about it eventually. Her absentmindedness caused her to collide with the window of a building. After regaining her composure, she checked to see where she had ended up. She went inside as soon as she read the label displayed on the storefront.

“My favorite! Cafe Le Petite has the best coffee.” Rarity rushed to a waiter who properly seated her. She looked upon the menu and quickly chose a French Vanilla Coffee with a salad to get her day started, more than it already was. It wasn’t long before Rarity’s mind started to wander. She was just perplexed on how they would get passed this occurrence. Contemplating about a male caused her to realize something. She looked around to confirm her suspicion. “Am I the only mare here?!”

The entire cafe was crowded, sure. But there were only stallions there and a mare except Rarity was not within sight. Surrounded by ponies of the opposite gender, she paid for her half-eaten food and barely touched coffee and left in a hurry. She needed to go somewhere that was peaceful and quiet. She headed towards the park. All around her, stallions were in abundance while mares were virtually nonexistent. Today was not her day.

With much more energy, she galloped towards the park in a flash. Within moments, she arrived at the park and proceeded to scan the area for any benches she could relax at. Off near the trees was a single bench that seemed perfect. She travelled over to the bench and was not surprised when she saw who else was there. She quietly and slowly approached Detective Cole Phelps.


Ponyville Park
6:02 AM

Well, the visit at the hospital was just what Cole had expected. He was scolded, threatened, and given death glares all the while from his partner. She had explained to him the ethic of using brute force over reason. And every time he had tried to explain himself, speaking of Fluttershy’s predicament, Twilight held a hoof up to silence him. She proceeded to tell him how he could’ve have gone about this another way instead of being a “complete idiot and jerk”. Not to mention the fact that he had injured the griffons very badly.

Twilight informed Cole of just the extent of his outrage. Apparently, the male griffons as going to need serious hospitalization from the broken ribs and bruised body muscles the human had caused. That wasn’t the worst of the brunt either, as Gilda had it much worse. The bullets had managed to sever a major tendon used for flying and the possibility of flight for Gilda was going to be limited. There was even the chance of her not flying at all.

After finishing her long planned speech, a taken back Phelps stroked her mane in an effort to get on her good side. That action had given him something, alright. The moment he stroked her mane and spoke the words “I’m really really sorry”, he got a good slap on the face. That was when Twilight had officially forgiven him. Finally, Cole Phelps got his chance to interrogate the two apprehended criminals. They didn’t speak much due to their new found fear and stubborn attitude, but Cole did manage to get one thing.

‘Who the hell is “FFB”? He or they have been showing up in both of these crimes. This is bigger than I thought.’

He managed to escape a barrage of questions from his partner when she turned around to use the little mare’s room. While she was taking care of business, he slipped out of the back door and immediately went to the park to come to some sort of conclusion. He sat down on the nearest bench as tried to examine everything that had phased him. Everything from the evidence, to the culprits, to the crimes themselves. They made no sort of connection within his mind. What was a ticket or two to some concert worth that a pony got kidnapped and the Detective himself, along with his friends, were being targeted as hits.

‘It just doesn’t make sense..’

Phelps was snapped out of his daze when he heard a voice speak up from his side.

“Hey there, didn’t expect to find you here as well.” Rarity chirped.

“Right..me neither..” His thinking was getting him nowhere, and Rarity’s presence was not helping.

Rarity coughed a few times as they remained silent for the next five awkward minutes.

“Sooooo...” She overdrew her beginning to break the silence. “Bad morning for you as well?”

“You have no idea.” Cole replied.

The morning’s events kept on appearing in her mind. She bit her lip, regretting her next choice, but continued onward.

“So..is that the normal size for humans?” She gestured towards his private area.

Seized by the sudden question, Cole began to have a coughing fit. “W-what?! I’m not sure that’s appropriate for a young lady to ask.” He reasoned.

“I know, I know. I’ve been telling myself that as well. It’s just that......well.....curiosity, you know?” Rarity attempted to give him a convincing smile.

He turned to meet her and shook his head. “I know that it killed the cat.” He recited the old saying.

“Someone killed a cat? My poor Opalescence is home alone!” Rarity tensed up at the thought of a cat killer.

“Never mind, it’s just a saying. Why are you really so interested?”

“Oh...I...I don’t know to be honest. I just feel..some sort of feeling that compels me to know you better.” She looked down at the ground.

“Listen, I know you mean well and all, and I appreciate all that you’ve done, but I see where this is going. I have a wife, Rarity. I’ve done something once that I’m not exactly proud of....And I promised myself I wouldn’t do it again. Other dimension, world, heaven, I still plan on keeping that promise.” The detective tried to explain as gently as possible.

“Oh..that’s quite alright, really. I feel silly for intruding so much.” For some reason, her mood felt glum. The moment he had finished explaining, some subconscious thoughts had been quelled, leaving Rarity to be left in confusion and despair. Why did she feel so badly? The prospect of an interspecies relationship was not unheard of, rather, it was unique.

Cole, feeling a bit harsh in what he had said, just turned away from his friend. He looked to the sky as the sun was rising. Rarity had looked at it too, but looked back at her friend. She looked down at his lap and noticed something bulging out. The fashionable mare tapped lightly on his shoulder, gaining his attention.

“Cole?” She asked in a soft voice.

“Yes?” Cole looked to meet her and saw two big shiny blue eyes staring right at his. The eyes seemed so reminding. They were blue, and had a feel to them that was not unlike his wife, Marie’s. If he weren’t able to see anything but her eyes, he’d have mistaken Rarity for Marie herself. The rising sun seemed to brighten the oceans of blue that were the Element of Generosity’s eyes. One could swim in them for eternity.

Finally, Rarity bit her lip before smiling at him warmly. She tilted her head to the side, seemingly amplifying her beauty. “Do me a favor?”

“What is it?”




“Bend over.”