• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 1,380 Views, 33 Comments

Fears - Short Stories



The mane six must face their fears to prove themselves to Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
11
 33
 1,380

Betrayed

"Ooo, what is this place?" An ecstatic Pinkie bounced through the light pink room, looking left and right for each hop. It was no use, though; the only thing in the room was the color pink, and a door with her cutie mark printed on it at the farthest wall. "This place doesn't have a party?" She asked herself, abruptly placing her flank on the ground, trying to think of a way to spice things up. "Boring! This place needs some music!"

She looked towards the door, beginning to stand up. "Maybe there's some party supplies in here..." With that, she began hoping towards the door, unknowingly hoping towards her doom.

Pinkie froze, seemingly staring off into nothing. "Hey! Spoilers!" She called, "and I'm looking at you, silly!" he should probably keep the fourth-wall breaking to a minimum. She huffed, then began hopping once more, saying her signature "Okie dokie loki."

It didn't take long for Pinkie to reach the cutie mark-imprinted door. As soon as she reached it, the door opened for her; on the other side was a grassy hill. On top of the grassy hill was a tall tree, a picnic basket resting beneath it, but nopony was around to claim it for themselves. "Maybe there's party supplies in there..." she mumbled, hopping happily towards the abandoned picnic basket, her eyes closed.

Suddenly, a limbo stick appeared in mid air, hovering at the height of Pinkie's chest. With her eyes still closed, she somehow hoped over the hovering stick and continued on her way. She heard somepony say something, but couldn't interpret it. Again, the stick appeared around her chest and again, she hoped over it.

This happened yet another time before some scuffling in the bushes that were surrounded the hill and the picnic began to rustle. Not all of them, of course. The ones that were nearest to her, on the right. She stopped hopping and humming, opening her eyes to see where the noise could've been coming from.

All noise suddenly stopped, no gradual end or just end in general. Just a sudden stop that made the pink pony's suspicions rise higher. She stood there for quite some time before shrugging and continuing her merry way to the picnic basket.

A pink flash lit up the inside of her eyelids.

She opened her eyes to see what happened, and found herself at the top of the hill instead of at the base. Neat! She also saw that the single picnic basket was unpacked, the checkered picnic blanket and all the foods laid out perfectly; which was odd, considering nothing but the basket was there a moment ago.

Her five new friends were there as well.

"Hey, guys!" Pinkie cheered, "you having a picnic break before taking on Nightmare Moon's quest?" All five shot her a rather annoyed look, but none of them spoke up. "What?" She asked, "did I do something wrong?"

The five exchanged a look Pinkie didn't quite understand before silently nominating Twilight as their speaker. "Yes," she answered, "you did do something wrong. Incredibly wrong. I can't believe you haven't noticed it yet."

Well, that was rude... Pinkie thought, instantly dismissing it; Twilight was knew to this whole 'friendship' thing, She might be extremely blunt before she meet her new friends, but Pinkie would never know.

"What?" Pinkie prodded when she realized Twilight wouldn't continue. All four, minus Twilight, had turned their backs on her. "What did I do?"

Rainbow scoffed before turning her head around to face the party pony. "You don't know what you did?" She asked in a cruel tone; Pinkie shook her head. "You failed Nightmare Moon's test!" The blue sky that was around them suddenly turned dark, stars popping up here and there and a full moon rising above the tree they were under. Rainbow's eyes went wide, as if hypnotized, and she slowly turned her head back to it's normal position.

Pinkie's expression changed from confusion to worry. "S-so?" The mean looks the others were giving her were making her nervous.

"So?" Twilight mocked. "So?!" Don't you realize, you pink buffoon? So we can no longer trust you! So we can't hang out anymore! So we can no longer be friends!"

Those four cruel words hit Pinkie's heart like a bullet. The worst part? Nopony tried to defend Pinkie--not even Fluttershy! They were all still shunning her!

It felt like Pinkie was dropped into an endless, spiraling, unforgiving abyss. Had they seriously stopped being her friend, right then and there? She felt dizzy and faint. It was her worst nightmare all over again.

Author's Note:

A limbo stick appeared in mid air, hovering at the height of Pinkie's chest.

Twilight (and the others) was trying to hurt Pinkie, making her trip and land on her face/making the pole go painfully into her chest/throat.

Ugh... *shudders*


It was her worst nightmare all over again.

Pinkie had a dream that all the ponies in Ponyville stopped being her friend and ditched her, similar to what happened here, but not with the mane 5. :fluttershysad: