• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 1,374 Views, 33 Comments

Fears - Short Stories



The mane six must face their fears to prove themselves to Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
11
 33
 1,374

Prolouge: Quick End

When this lavender unicorn first appeared, and I teleported her away from her five travel buddies, I didn't think much of it. She didn't look like the type that could 'defeat me', per-say. When she started running towards me, with her horn charged up, I thought she was ready for battle, and charged towards her, as well.

Then she teleported, over to where the elements lay in stone. I was starting to get nervous as I saw her ignite her horn again, this time not for teleportation. "Just...one...spark..." I heard her murmur, as her magic surrounded all five elements. Enough was enough; I teleported over to where she was, she was so busy concentrating, she didn't even notice my presence.

"Enough!" I yelled as I shot her away with a hard blast of my magic. She went skidding across the floor, looking quite hurt. Good. That's what she gets for trying to overthrow me. I look at her as her expression changes from horrified to smug; she looks like she's looking at the elements surrounding me. I look down, curious to see what she sees, and immediately regret I did.

The elements were shinning in her light-pink aura, and her horn had stopped glowing; only meaning one thing: She ignited the spark.

"No!" I say, stunned; I didn't think it was possible. What, with my 1,000 years trapped on the moon, it gave me plenty of time to come back with a battle strategy--plenty of time to think of every possible thing that could happen and over come it, new dangerous possibilities forming in my head each day. Unfortunately, I hadn't planned for a simple unicorn from Canterlot--I presume-to come into the battle, I had been expecting my sister, so I could fight her--and win, then banish her to the sun for 2,000 years. She would hate that, just as much as I did, and finally see my pain.

The stones stopped glowing. "No!" I heard the unicorn say, almost mimicking me. A delighted smile creeps upon my lips. I start to laugh, at the doubts I just had, what was I thinking? There was no way a pony half my height could ever defeat me! I crush the elements for good measure. "No!!" She says again.

"You little foal!" I say, loving the play-on-words. "Thinking you could defeat me? Now you will never see your princess, or your sun! The night will last forever!" I throw in an evil laugh for good measure. The unicorn looks terrified, once again, and I know I have her in my clutches. Then I hear voices.

And not the voices in my head that made me get revenge, no, outside voices.

"Don't worry Twilight, we're here." A voice says, this voice is high-pitched, energetic, and sweet all the same.

"Don't worry, we'll be there." A more southern accent says, concern mixed into her voice.

The unicorn--Twilight, from what I heard, lets out a happy gasp. Thats not a good sign for me, I find myself with my mouth hanging open, and close it immediately. "You think you can destroy The Elements of Harmony just like that?" Twilight asks, more than a statement than anything. "Well, you're wrong, because the spirits of The Elements of Harmony are right here."

I was speechless for a second, then a word found it's way to my lips. "What?" I felt my expression change from from surprise to disgust without thinking.

"Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of... honesty!" As she spoke, some shards from the elements I broke picked themselves up and whisked around the orange earth pony, the pony looking confused, and a little frightful, of what would happen next. "Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of... kindness!" Twilight continued, more shards picking themselves up and surrounding the frail yellow pegasus, this one seemed terrified, and tried to huddle herself into a ball while hovering in mid-air. "Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of... laughter!" Twilight continued, some more shards surrounding the bubbly, bouncing, earth pony. She didn't seem scared one bit.

"Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift represents the spirit of... generosity!" The white unicorn stared at the shards, tried to back away as they came near her, then realized it was no use and stood still, letting them revolve around her. "And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire represents the spirit of... loyalty!" The blue pegasus, the one I was keeping my eye on, looked at the shards surrounding her with a smug expression. She must be playing it cool, in front of her companions.

"The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us!" Twilight claimed, pointing an accusing hoof at me, but I found a loophole almost instantly.

"You still don't have the sixth Element! The spark didn't work! " I yell, trying to get that fact through their thick heads.

"But it did!" Twilight argued, "a different kind of spark." She turned her back to me, facing her friends instead. "I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all... are my friends!" Just then, a orb of light so bright I had to shield my face came down and landed--if that was possible--on the unicorns head, after the light left, there was a purple crown that matched her cutie mark sitting just behind her horn. "You see, Nightmare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the... the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth element: the element of... magic!"

I saw them about to lift up, probably about to over throw me. Panicking, I decided to tell them what really happened. "Wait!!" I cried. The six ponies, who were starting to rise in the air, (minus the pegasi) stopped and somehow hovered instead. Twilight looked down at me with irritation, something she felt she had a right to hold.

But she didn't know the full story.

My side of the story.

The unpublished side of the story.

"I want to tell you what really happened." Twilight switched her expression to confused. "Before you reform me, of course, and I lose my memory."

Twilight sighed and she, along with her new-found friends, plopped down on the floor in front of me. I cackled, not believing how foolish these ponies were! I fired up my magic and teleported all six of them to my post-home on the moon.

I then went and paid a little visit to my sister, teleporting her to the sun for 2,000 years, like I planned. My reign of the night went on forever, Discord eventually adding in his own little twist of things. I heard about a changeling attack in Canterlot, and King Sombra returning in the Crystal City.

For some reason, ponies were slowly becoming mind-controlled little zombies with the same equal sign cutie mark, but I didn't care one bit.

Equestria had fallen, all thanks to me.

Author's Note:

Had to get THAT ending off of my chest. OK, next chapter is full story without interruptions. (hopefully) :twilightsmile: