• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 249 Views, 4 Comments

Apocalypse How? - Idle Game Player



Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom wander aimlessly in a devastated land looking for answers.

  • ...
 4
 249

Chapter One

"Are you sure we're goin the right way?" Apple Bloom nudged Sweetie Bell while they were walking down a dirt road.

"I'm positive. The mail pony that we met a while back said just to keep on following the dirt road until we find the vault." Sweetie Bell said as she pulled out a map from her saddle bag.

The road ahead of them was mostly barren, save for a few trees that managed to survive. The air was dry, as very little rain fell the majority of the year. Any rain that did fall was pretty soon scooped up by the trees and ferns. Apple Bloom walked up next to one of the trees, and leaned her body across it. "Yah want to just stop and make sure that we're goin the right way? There appears to be nothin for miles on end out here."

"Again Apple Bloom, that's what the mail pony told us, and the map says that we're right on track." Sweetie Bell rolled her eyes. The amount of stubbornness Apple Bloom possessed had nearly gotten them killed several times in the past. She stood there blankly looking at her for a few moments. It was going to be nearly impossible to try and tell her that they were going the right way even with the map. She thought of the one few things that will get her to shut up and agree. "Would you like it if we stopped by the nearest town and com-linked Twilight to confirm that we're going the right way?"

"Yes that'd be perfect! I've been wanting to tell Twilight of all that I've learned about the natural world!" Apple Bloom's eyes beamed outward and sprinted towards Sweetie Bell. "And I promise that once Twi tells us this is the way to go, I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Do you Pinkie promise? Last time we talked to a person you didn't even trust that kind mailman!"

"Well yeah! He had a gun and threatened to kill us right off the bat! What pony in all of Equestria would trust that guy!" Apple Bloom threw her hoofs in the air in protest.

"Who wouldn't have a gun in a place like that? Anyway the nearest town is like fifty miles away, so we'd better get moving." Sweetie Bell started to walk down the road.

"Oh all right I Pinkie promise. We should be able to reach the town in a few days. Any little dainty shacks along the road that you know of?" Apple Bloom ran along side her best friend.

"According to the map..." Sweetie trailed off a bit while turning the map around. "The nearest one is right here."

"But that's around ten miles away! That's at least a days' walk, maybe a little under twenty hours if we hurry!" Apple Bloom's eyes widened. While she might have been accustomed to longer walks, they always were able to find some small place to stay during the night. She started to breath heavy in panic and start to hyperventilate. "There are bad things that happen to people who walk along at night!"

"Calm down Apple! If we hurry we can make it by nightfall even without a cart! Ten miles is only a couple of hours, and it's midday! We'll be fine as long as we don't run into any bandits!" Sweetie Bell grabbed her friend and hugged her tightly for a few minutes. This seemed to calm her down just enough for her to focus better.

"Alright I trust you Sweetie. After all we earth ponies have the capacity to travel great distances without breaking a sweat! Sometimes I just need a boost in my own self esteem." Apple Bloom said while giving her friend puppy dog eyes.

"I know. Times like these are tough, but we need to make it through." Sweetie nuzzled her friend. "Come on, we got a town to go to!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Far above them stood a mare peering out over a nearby hill.

"Can you two tell if they have the Orb?" She bickered at her two henchmen. The two stumbled over each other while walking towards her.

"I have sensed that they currently do not posses the orb." The first henchman said in a withering tone, getting more bitter with each syllable. "But my sensing magic has also picked up something else."

"Oh? Will it help us locate the Orb or the One?" She moved in closed, and slightly rubbed her hoof onto her henchman's face, letting a creepy smile grow with each passing stroke.

"Um, no, but it will help with solving with why we are in this mess. I think that's more important than two measly kid-" He was stopped abruptly by the force of her magic, crippling every possible bone in his body.

"I don't WANT to know what started this apocalypse like every other pony! I want to find out the orb! You do remember what power the orb possesses don't you?" She screamed at him, and slapped him across his face.

"N-no my lady. I forget why exactly this orb is more important than our current situation." He said, fumbling his words.

"Celestia you're pretty damn frekin useless aren't you?" She tossed him towards the side, just a few feet from the edge of a steep drop-off. "The Orb gives a pony the unlimited ability to control another ponies' mind! Do you know how long I've waited for this? My whole damn life! And now that I am in reach of possessing this grand artifact, I can seek revenge on the people who have hurt me the most." She grinned, and walked over to her mook.

"Please my lady, have mercy on me. I only wanted to help end this crisis!" He desperately cried out to her.

"Pfft, mercy is for the weak. Have you ever noticed why I never want to end the situation?" She lifted him with her magic once again, this time bringing him within a hoofs reach. He shook his head. He had always figured that while she was different from the other ponies, she still wanted things to return to the way they were, what ever that meant. "You're pathetic; not once in our five years of traveling together you never even bothered to ask why I am going on this adventure? Well since you're usefulness is almost at an end I'll tell you. It's because I have connections with the creature that put this darkness upon us, and he promised me a handsome reward if I were to get several key ingredients for him. So far we've only had one, and I'm really trying my patience with you Stinger. Your days are over." Still levitating him in the air, she grabbed a sword out of her saddlebag and swung, cutting him in two. She released his corpse from her grip and let his remains trickle down the slope.

"Rumble, I want you to send a message to the world at the nearest town. Tell them that Starlight Glimmer is back!"

"Yes my lady, but where will you be going?" He said with an ever increasing monotone.

"I am going to follow those two girls. I think they might be the key to finding the Orb, and the items that He requested."

"Right away my lady." Rumble bowed and headed on his way. Starlight looked up at the sky. She was so close to realizing her potential in this ransacked world. All she needed was the right people for the job, and those two girls looked to be perfect replacements.

Author's Note:

So if this chapter looked to be a bit short, then congrats! And yes I did do this on purpose, as I like to write shorter chapters, which makes for a faster (sometimes too fast) of a pace.

While I know this isn't the best work ever, and I'm not the best writer ever (hell, I wouldn't even say that I'm anywhere near average), I still think I did a good job with this. Feel free to comment if you agree or disagree. Don't worry, I won't delete your comment no matter how offensive I may find it.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Comments ( 4 )

Interesting start. Would be nice to know what time period this is set in. Wondering if the CMC are adults or not. Though I can't see them being allowed out there if they weren't.

Sweetie Belle has an "e" at the end of her name. Please fix this error.

6412119 Don't worry, everything will be revealed later on! Though for the CMCs age, they're a little older than in the show, but it's normal for ponies who are older than ten to be wandering around in the wasteland. Though in towns the family culture is still pretty much the same.

6412440 Thanks for catching that!

Login or register to comment