• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 287 Views, 0 Comments

The Broken Crystal - AngelRoseScrolls



Once broken. All that remains can be pieced back together... But what if some of those pieces ends up shattering more pieces? More puzzels and riddles to be solved. Only to find out on who I really am.

  • ...
4
 0
 287

Prologue

My breath seemed shaken when I woken to the land that I laid in. Everywhere was full of thick fog yet I could faintly see that I am in a forest. On one half of my mind, this place was unsettling and did not look normal. Though the other half claimed that this was something that I would find pleasant. But... Who am I to be exact? My head was pounding as I tried to think, to remember anything. What in Equestria happened?

Carefully raising to my hooves, I walked onwards to find sign of other life. Every bone in my body ached, noting that I was possibly out for some time. Eventually, I could see a lake up ahead. Once reaching the murky water, I could faintly see my reflection. Dark fur, slightly mattered by dirt and dried blood. My mane and tail as black as coal. I had a horn the same colour as my fur but had a crack which worried me on if my possible control of magic would be affected. I then looked at my rank where my cutie mark of red crystals were placed. However the most noticeable was the torn red materiel on my back with the silver clip that wrapped around my neck. It bothered me in a way which brought me to take off the trashy object.

"Who... Am I?" I asked my reflection, noticing how deep yet dry my voice was. I needed a drink but should I drink this water? What if this was full of diseases or what if some creature left their remains in it. Disgusting! Having my mind made up, I started walking into the dark forest; to then find a path. 'What a convenience' I thought sarcastically. As each hoof was placed on the dirt path leaving a small cloud of smoke, I looked around with my bright red eyes trying to seek any sign of any possible being lurking amidst.

Heaving out a sigh, nothing seemed to interest me anymore. It felt like that I was walking in circles at this rate. Everything looked the same. The trees, the path, the rocks, the plants. Even the same looking crow. "I must not be mad already? Everything looks the same! Could I be possibly repeating the same path or am I being tricked?" I questioned myself, taking notes on the pros and cons all my current matter. It felt like hours now, never more it could have been only a few minutes. I need to sit down...

'What is that?' I saw something though the trees. Light? Could it be a possible house? Or even a village? I walked towards that direction on the path and found a cottage full of.... Plants and animals. In my mind I felt disgusted. Everything looked... Peaceful and colourful, it's awful. But, it felt pleasant too. Why must my mind confuse me this way? From what I could see, the source of this light belonged to the cottage that sat on a little hill. Someone must be home. Should I enter or not? My stomach already answered. I needed food and water now and the only way to get it was to ask whoever lived there could give me some.

Now on my way to the front door, something felt off. My horn started to hurt suddenly, sending me a pounding ache into my skull. I could feel the magic that tried to spark, strong and powerful but just couldn't reach the point of working. Yet, as soon as it arrived, it disappeared afterwards. "W-what in Equestria's n-name was that?" I gasped, feeling myself breathless. Before I could do or say anything else. The door in front of me opened and there stood a yellow Pegasus with a long pink mane and tail. She gasps seeming to be frightened of my presence. "Yes hello. I'm lost and extremely hungry. Would you be so kind and to give me some food and water? I've just woken up by an interesting lake from the forest that I have just wondered from", I tried explain with politeness, though no one could be fooled to think that it was perfect. I'll add that for my things to do and practice on.

"O-oh my goodness... I'm sorry. I thought that you were someone else. Oh dear, you're hurt! Come inside and I will help you", she said ever so quietly. I had to strain my ears to just hear her. Once inside the room and I was placed onto a seat and was told to stay put. Following her requests, it gave me time to look around the room. More animals... Of course. Soon enough, the Pegasus returned, holding a plate of delicious looking cookies and her tiny bunny companion held a glass of water. I smirked, glad to finally quench my hunger and thirst. The pony gave me time to enjoy my snack and to swallow my drink as she took care of the animals. 'Much better. Now this was what I needed and I do have to say that this place does seem a little... Cosy'. During that time, she stayed in the room; seeming to be too scared to leave. Why? I do not know.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to ask for your name. O-oh I'm Fluttershy by the way", I could hear her speak. I racked my brain to think on what my name was. I still didn't know... "I do not know. All I remember is waking up at the lake, seeing my reflection and finding my way to here", was my response. She was even kind enough to hand me a brush so I could brush off the dust on my dark fur. "You've lost your memory? That's terrible! I'm sure that my friend Twilight can help but... Oh she must be in bed now. We can visit her in the morning?" The mare replied, the name that she mentioned blasted another shock of pain to my horn and head. That name seemed familiar, whoever she is. I did also seemed to reconise the Pegasus's name too, never the less, the feeling wasn't as strong. I could only nod in agreement to her as my mind and heart was set to one thing. I must find her. Twilight... I will find you.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment