• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 2,067 Views, 50 Comments

Champions of the Elements - The Philosopher King



Yakyakistan and the Gryphons have gone to war with Equestria. Twilight and co. discover an ancient, powerful to magic to save Equestria. But the magic summons creatures from a whole new realm.

  • ...
8
 50
 2,067

Jesters and Dragons

“Urgh…” said the Card Master. He was… in a bed. “Must have finally died…” he thought.

“Hey, you’re finally waking up bud. Was starting to think I would have to find a new partner.” said the man next to him.

“Shut up Malcolm, now I know I ain’t dead yet, because I wouldn’t be dealing with you right now if I was. Unless you’re dead too…” said Twisted Fate.

“Tobias, we ain’t dead. We were summoned to a new world, and we’re gonna have to defend it from two hostile countries. Otherwise, they take our heads.”

“Just what I wanted to wake up to, another crisis situa-” He stopped speaking when he noticed Ryze, Vi, and Gnar in the room, alongside five… ponies? “Malcolm, we must’ve died. Because I’m seeing multicolored ponies in this room with us, alongside that damn Piltover officer and Ryze…”

“GNAR!!!” shouted a small orange creature.

“Holy Hell!” shouted T.F. “Never liked that thing…”

“Well, we’re stuck with him, because Fluttershy likes him. Now-”

“Wait, who? And who are these ponies anyway?”

“They’re… summoners somehow. The yellow one is Fluttershy, but the important thing you know is the white one,” he pointed to Rarity. “is your summoner. She is Rarity.”

“Hello miss,” said Twisted Fate.

Rarity laughed and blushed a little bit.

“Anyway, we got to get going. As I said, war’s about to kick off. Countries have proclaimed war; they’re just waiting for a time to strike. And the best part, is there’s a third country to the north that just hasn’t said anything yet. And apparently, the major in espionage. So they’re gonna know exactly when to strike.” finished Graves.

“Don’t got a choice do I? But from the looks of it, Lady Luck is smiling.” said the Card Master.

“Well, now we got you awake…” said Ryze. “Isn’t there a sixth friend you mentioned Twi-”

“SURPRISE!!!” shouted the head of pink mare from a hole in the barrel of Graves gun.

“WHAT THE F*CK!!!!” screamed Graves, as he was brandishing it when it happened.

“Yeah… that’s her.” said Twilight.

“I know just who she can summon…” said T.F.

“No, we are not bringing Shaco into this.” said Ryze, closing the summoning book.

“You can’t say you would imagine her working with anyone else?” said Graves, agreeing completely with Fate, and yanking the book out of Ryze’s hands.

“Well… alright, but I’m relying on you two and her to keep him under control. That means no killing people, and no torture.” said Vi. “I will not let him be my problem…”

“Oooh, is he a clown?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“Actually, he prefers the title ‘Demon Jester.’” said Graves.

“Sound evil, but fun at the same time!” replied Pinkie Pie.

“Yep, she’s his kind of crazy…” said Twisted Fate.

“Alright, copy this down onto paper, and focus on the runes.” said Graves after flipping to the page of the Jester.

“Okie Dokie Lokie!” she replied, and she connects to the paper. Finally, a man a manic mask on his face appeared from the spell. He wore the garbs of a jester in red, black, and white, and the mask had strange, glowing blue pupil-less eyes.

“How about a magic trick?” asked the Jester.

“Ooh, I love magic tricks!” replied Pinkie Pie. And in a flash, Shaco disappeared, and came up behind Pinkie Pie for a backstab… only for his dagger to bounce off a blue hued shield that hovered slightly above her skin.

“Gah…” he said behind her. Pinkie still didn’t notice him; the shield made no noise. “Look…behind you.”

“Oh there you went! You showed up behind me, that was some magic trick!” she replied.

“She’s lucky a champion can’t harm summoners…” grunted Graves.

“Quite lucky and true indeed, Graves.” said Shaco.

“Shaco, there are rules here. No killing people unless they’re a member of one of two countries. A third if it gets involved.” said Ryze.

“Aww… you know homicide is the ultimate part of comedy, and you have to make me endure without it until we get to the battlefield. Great…” replied Shaco.

“Anyway, we most likely should be going.” said Ryze.

“What about me? You guys have been ignoring me ever since you got back with the others!” said a disgruntled dragon.

“Wait, do I know you?” asked Ryze.

“Ryze, I introduced you to him when I summoned you. He’s Spike, my dragon assistant.” answered Twilight.

“That’s a dragon?” asked Graves. “He looks like a damn baby lizard! I’ve killed dragons with Shaco in the jungle of Summoner’s Rift a hundred times his size!”

“Hey! Take that back!” shouted Spike.

“Pfft, nope.” replied Graves.

“Graves, I think he can be a summoner. Perhaps…” He took the book from Graves and flipped through it for a page. “Shyvana can be his mentor. He might be able to tap into something to make a powerful duo with her…I sense energy in him.”

“Alright, do what you want Ryze. If she burns the city down… not my fault.” he said, forever holding his peace.

“Alright, here are the runes. Copy them, and start the summon by focusing on the paper.” said Ryze, somewhat nervous. No one even knew he had a nervous voice. The only ones they heard were ‘out of battle’ and ‘in battle.’ And even then, they sounded very similar.

“Alright then.” said Spike. He focuses on the the runes, and successfully summons a blue-skinned woman. She wore a helmet with a pair of horns, along with what appeared to be light armor.

“Where am I?” she demanded to Ryze, right to the point.

“Small defenseless country is about to go to war with two more countries and a third has a possibility of joining into the fray at any point. We defend and fight for this place.”

“I am all for defending the weak, it fits the code of Demacia, after all.”

“Umm… hi?” said Spike.

“Hello young one. Another dragon?” she asked.

“Finally someone acknowledges me for being a dragon.” he said.

“I envy you almost. I am a half breed, a dragon and a human together... “ she said.

“We can have time for conversation later,” said Twilight. “We need to meet with the Princesses of Equestria to prepare for the war…”