• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 2,067 Views, 50 Comments

Champions of the Elements - The Philosopher King



Yakyakistan and the Gryphons have gone to war with Equestria. Twilight and co. discover an ancient, powerful to magic to save Equestria. But the magic summons creatures from a whole new realm.

  • ...
8
 50
 2,067

On March The Banners of the King (Northern Front)

Our story now divides into two parts. It shall be told in alternating sequence, starting with the Northern Front, then the Western Front, and so on until it regroups into one line again.


{Northern Front, Day 1}

“On with the endless march…” said Twisted Fate towards the back of the continually moving army. The front had been pushing on for the past three hours. Luckily, they were making good progress, considering how the ‘flash’ summoner spell helped each person move forwards a good bit every three minutes, and it didn’t waste energy like unicorn teleportation did. The ‘ghost’ spell also let them cover a bit more ground, but it was more or less a sprint that wasted no energy. Besides this, the army kept marching on, with Quinn and Valor ahead in the front to perform scouting alongside Ashe.

“Didn’t think you were one for depressing remarks,” said Graves, trudging along. “Thought that was Nautilus’ schtick or whatever.”

“Hey, look on the bright side you two.” said Ryze. “At least we have each other and our summoners to keep us company.”

“I don’t know about you…” said the Ionian Guard Captain, Irelia. “But I got a bad feeling. And that only happens when you know what happens.”

“If you’re suggesting the enemy is going to gank, I’m going to fuck their leader’s shit up myself.” said Graves.

“Gank?” asked the three ponies and Spike.

“Basically they flank us from cover under the bushes. The more aggravating champions did it a lot on Valoran. Some even had their abilities heightened by the bush cover, such as an old hunter named Rengar.” answered Ryze.

“And it’s one hell of tactic if done right,” said Graves. “A small force comes out at the front while you’re pushing, when a large force comes up from behind to finish you. Many teams had junglers who killed certain beasts that gave team-wide buffs, such as a certain dragon and hydra that respawned on the field like us. These junglers were often the assholes who’d gank us.”

“That’s something I won’t miss,” said Shyvana. “I’ve had to jungle a few times, it’s fun, but ganking made me feel as big of a douchebag as you, Graves. No offense.”

“None taken, I met my match yesterday in the market.” he said as Applejack chuckled.

“Wait, who did you meet?” asked Twilight.

“He met Blueblood.” said Applejack. Rarity put on a scorn instantly while Twilight laughed a bit.

“What was Blueblood doing in the market? I thought he said in one of his letters to Celestia that the place was for no-good ‘peasants’ or whatever.” asked Twilight.

“A better question for the rest of us is who is this douchebag, and from the sounds of it, he’s a big one.” said Twisted Fate.

“Yes, yes he is.” said Rarity in an agitated tone.

“We don’t really like to talk about him.” said Applejack.

“I knew that already, and I understand he holds something against all of you. So, what exactly does he hate y’all for?” asked Graves.

“It’s more of a ‘we hate him’ and he’s an asshole for no reason, pardon the prench.” said Rarity.

“Hey, me and Fate here have cursed so many times the words have lost their meaning.” said Graves. “So, what did he do?”

“We do not speak of it, but involved the largest party of the year, a lack of civility, and cake. The less I say, the less likely I am to become ballistic.” said Rarity, becoming more terse and enraged with each word.

“All you had to say was ‘don’t ask.’” said Graves. “I’ve dealt with Champions and Summoners alike in that policy. Anyway, my experience luckily had nothing to do with cake.”

“He’s pissed you off too?” asked Rarity. "I mean, it doesn't take much from that idiotic buffoon..."

“Fuck yeah, that douchebag was gonna have me thrown in the dungeon for being a ‘monster,’ threatened me, and in response I threatened him, and I should’ve shot him. Applejack here held me back, because 'it's not right' or whatever. That’s my only regret before heading to this field, not shooting him.”

“Hey, apparently there’s a small scouting force of the gryphons up ahead, and they tried taking down Valor.” said Irelia. “We’re gonna go in and hit ‘em hard. Jarvan said he wanted you guys up front for this.”

“We’re gonna stay back here in case they try to run a gank like you said.” replied Ryze.

“Alright, watch our six.” she said, flashing forward. After a few minutes, the sounds of swords, magic, and gunshot can be heard up ahead; the back, on the other hands, was surprising peaceful.

“Guess Irelia’s intuition and instincts was, for once, wrong…” said Graves, preparing to sit down and clean the barrels of his gun.

“Let me be sure…” said Twisted Fate, summoning a deal of power. Then a group of gryphons become apparent in the brush; they don’t even notice they have been seen by Twisted Fate's abiltiy, destiny.

“Ogay arnway ethay othersway.” said Graves to Twilight. “Oday ouryay ancyfay eleporttay ingthay. Alktay otay Arvanjay ethay Ourthfay”

“He means go warn the others,” whispered Ryze to Twilight. “And teleport to them. Talk to Jarvan first.”

“Got it,” replied Twilight, teleporting at that instant.

“Heh,” said Graves, closing the barrel of his gun, and firing a shot in the air. He cleared the shell out of his gun and reloaded it, and finally cocking the gun. “Feelin’ lucky?”

“Deal ‘em,” said Twisted Fate. The pair ran into the bushes, and flushed them out. Shyvana activated her ultimate, transforming her into a wyvern, and Ryze activated his ultimate to keep the numbers of enemies down. The two other ponies and Spike just watched in awe at this spectacle; then, out of nowhere, a yell was heard, and then a man wielding a spear and a shield fell from the sky, shaking the earth as he started beating the shit out of gryphons. Next came Garen and Lux, who got into close quarters combat and assisting where they could, respectively. Finally Jarvan IV got close enough to activate Cataclysm, finally ending the last of the gank.

“Ha...ha...ha…” Jarvan breathed heavily. “They’re using tactics of summoners on the fields of justice, blocking off the exits…”

“Wow…” said Spike, sheerly amazed at the brawl he just saw unfold. “That… was… awesome…” Twilight teleported back to the site of the gank.

“Is everyone al-” is all she said before noticing the countless dead gryphon bodies.

“Might have been overkill…” said Graves.

“No, a gank is something to be feared.” said the man with the shield and spear. “It was a good judgement.”

“Thanks Pantheon.” said Twisted Fate. “You did good.”

“You aren’t so bad yourself.” replied Pantheon.

“Well, back to the march.” said Jarvan IV. And so, the army marched on...