• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 2,067 Views, 50 Comments

Champions of the Elements - The Philosopher King



Yakyakistan and the Gryphons have gone to war with Equestria. Twilight and co. discover an ancient, powerful to magic to save Equestria. But the magic summons creatures from a whole new realm.

  • ...
8
 50
 2,067

Goodbyes

“Rise and shine,” said Ryze, chuckling to himself a bit. It was eight in the morning, and Jarvan wanted the forces out of Canterlot by ten.

“What?” asked Twilight.

“We gotta go,” said Ryze. “Jarvan doesn’t appreciate it when you aren’t quick to, well, rise.”

“Alright, let’s get going.” replied Twilight. She gets up, and then she noticed Spike was missing. "Where's Spike?"

"He already went off to the main hall," answered Ryze. "We gotta get going, mostly because of how irritable Jarvan can get if you're a second late."

"Okay then..." said Twilight.


The main hall was packed with Champions standing side by side. Jarvan, Azir, Celestia, and Luna were in the front of the hall, preparing to give orders. Twilight and Ryze walk in the back, seeing the rest of the elements, Spike, and their champions talking.

"Looks like you two got to sleep in a bit..." said Vi.

"Shut up, you know I don't sleep well, and I didn't oversleep." replied Ryze.

"Well..." said Graves. "If you want to say anything before hitting the field, speak now or forever hold your peace."

"You know what?" said Rainbow Dash. "It's weird how when you're right here, at the last moment, you can't think of anything to say..."

"Yeah, and yet after the fact you have a tendency you wished you said something then and there." said T.F. Everyone in the group laughed a little uncomfortably, for they knew what was coming.

"Since we gotta go..." said Vi. "Promise you all are gonna come back in one piece."

"Ha, can't make no promises." said Twisted Fate. Gnar clawed his leg in response. "Gah, fine. I'll do my best to come back in one piece."

"Raga!" said Gnar in response.

"Eh, same here." said Graves.

"I shall also try my best," said Ryze.

"As will I." said Shyvana and Spike.

"Anyway, this is just gonna take time to fix," said Vi. "Conflict on Valoran took extended periods of time, only because each side was evenly matched. These guys have got no chance against multiple nations. I say it'll take six months tops to finish."

"Wanna bet on that?" asked Graves.

"No, because knowing you two you'll ensure the armistice misses that deadline by one day or something," said Vi.

"Damnit," said Twisted Fate and Graves simultaneously.

Then, Jarvan and Celestia cleared their throats.

“Attention. I want you all to remember what we are here for,” said Jarvan IV. “We are here to save the defenseless. Protect the faithful. Purge the unjust. And I say, we shall sunder any army, crumble any mountain, and leap the great valleys. Stand with me, brothers and sisters, as we take down these vile foes. Our is but to do and die.”

“For the advancement and progress of the world,” added the Mayor of Piltover.

“For the spread of enlightenment and peace,” said Karma.

“For the protection gifted by the sands,” said Azir.

“For the unification of the Freljord,” said Ashe.

“For the spread of trade and culture,” said Mayor Jadefellow.

“For the saving of all,” said Celestia.

"For the end of our enemies," said Luna

“For Demacia: Now and Forever.” said Jarvan IV. “The fields of justice do not wait; we must make haste!” Champions begin to rush out, running behind their commanders. The magic using champions warped to the exterior, and the other champions simply ran. Other activated speed increasing abilities, such as Blitzcrank and his Overdrive. Everyone was excited and ran for the doors; except for a small group; the champions of the elements and their respective elements.

“Well…” said Twilight with a tear in her eye. “I guess this is it…”

“Twi, we’ll be fine,” said Rainbow Dash. “The war will be over before you know it. We'll get to meet plenty of new friends, beat up bad guys, and probably keep the fronts moving just fine!"

“It’s just… we’ve never had to separate before…” she said.

“Ah, shit. She’s doing it again…” said Graves.

“When will you stop being the stubborn, insensitive fuck that I’ve had to deal with too many freaking times?” asked an enraged Twisted Fate.

“Don’t go starting crap, she’s the one who can’t stand a little bit of time away from home.”

“Shut up Graves,” said Ryze.

“Remember the only thing keeping you out of a Piltover jail cell is the fact these ponies need us." said Vi. "Be nicer to people, and perhaps you'll get a pardon from Piltover for your service."

“Eh, alright. Just not used to…” mumbled Graves.

“Emotion?” asked Ryze and Shyvana.

“Outbursts of it,” said Graves. “Anyway… guess we gotta get going. Dead man walking.” he said, slinging his gun over his back.

“Oh, this is just… hard.” said Twilight. “I don’t know about this…”

“It will be fine, and we’ll have a big ‘war is over’ party when we get back!” said Pinkie Pie, less happily and bubbly than usual.

“Twilight, darling, things will be fine.” said Rarity.

“Yeah, Twi, it’ll be over faster than anything.” added Applejack.

“Alright,” said Twilight, wiping the tear off. “I guess we have to go…”

The ponies and their champions walk away in their intended directions, with the elements seemingly downed in comparison to their champions.

“Listen,” said Ryze. “Sometimes the right thing is hard to do, and, well, leaving your friends is one of those things.”

“I guess you’re right…” said Twilight. “Let’s go.” The two groups make their way out of seperate exits, and regroup with their respective armies.