• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 2,067 Views, 50 Comments

Champions of the Elements - The Philosopher King



Yakyakistan and the Gryphons have gone to war with Equestria. Twilight and co. discover an ancient, powerful to magic to save Equestria. But the magic summons creatures from a whole new realm.

  • ...
8
 50
 2,067

The Enforcer

“I’ll go and get my friends,” says Twilight, preparing to leave for a while.

“You realize I can’t readily leave you, otherwise I blip into blackness at a certain distance that’s hard to judge.” he says.

“Oh, it’ll be a good time to introduce you to the locals I guess then, along with those you’ll be working with.”

“Got it, also, do you mind if I read the books in that nearby library? I am always in search of new knowledge.”

“You’re a scholar too?” she asks.

“Yes, I love to learn where I can, when I finished learning from regular studies with the highest honors on Valoran, I visited every site of learning. Hermits, witches, every imaginable source. I now know almost every art of magic from Runeterra.”

“Is that what that little bolt you shot from your hand was? Magic?” she asks.

“Of course.”

“Well it certainly isn’t like magic from our land. We should go now, Spike, stay here in case anypony stop by about something.” Twilight and Ryze walk out of the crystal castle, and Ryze is amazed by the exterior.

“I have seen creatures made of crystal,” he says, awestruck. “But never a whole building made of it.”

“I know, it’s a very recent construct. It is my castle, I am now the fourth Princess of the country.” she says.

“Monarchy always was the central government of the nations in Valoran. Anyway, let’s gather your friends."

The two started walking, and most of the town is deserted. Business slowly starts back up as they see the strange creature is with Twilight.

“GET AWAY FROM HER!!!” Can be heard from a distance, and next thing Ryze knows he’s knocked back. (Think the knocked airborne concept from League.)

“Ryze!” yells Twilight, but then she notices he’s okay.

“Stay away from her, you unpleasant monster!” yells a rainbow maned pegasus. “Twilight, are you okay?”

“Rainbow, he wasn’t trying to-” she says, but Ryze got back to his feet real quick.

“Unpleasant? I’ll show you unpleasant!” He says, firing a bolt of magic at her. It strikes well, knocking her far back due to her smaller size. “My summoner, are you alright?”

“Ryze, that’s one of the ponies I was trying to get for you!” She says.

“Oh? I shall trap her then, as opposed to kill.” He takes out a leather bound book, and flips to a page. “Can you handle this?” he asks, as he holds his arm out, open palmed, as a blue cylinder marked with ruins forms around the cyan pegasus.

“Hey, what gives?” she says, bashing her body into the trap.

“That should keep you a while to listen to reason.” he says. “I am definitely not trying to hurt your friend. She summoned me.”

“Rainbow Dash, he’s my new friend, and his name is Ryze.”

“Also, don’t call me a monster until you see half of the champions from the League." Ryze looked straight into the cyan pegasus' eyes. "I have looked straight into the Void using magic. Cho'gath and Nocturne are tame for what I have seen. Don’t even get me started.” states Ryze.

She backed away from the glowing energy wall and hung her head low. “Sorry we didn’t meet on good terms, I tend to be a bit…” She thinks for a minute trying to find the right word.

“Arrogant?” says Ryze with a venom, obviously knowing what kind of idiot he was dealing with.

“No, brash.” says Rainbow.

“Hmmph.” says Ryze. “I already don’t like you. But I have chosen a champion that should be your match,” he chuckles, and the new group of three proceed to walk through town after Ryze deactivates the Rune Prison.

“You’re a bit weird, and reek of bookworm like Twilight.” Rainbow tells Ryze.

“Yeah? And you’re an idiosyncratic, multi-chromatic maned jock whose arrogance gets her in trouble.”

“Can you two stop fighting?” asks Twilight, tempered by the argument. The trio reach the castle, and Ryze begins looking through one of his scrolls.

"Now that we're somewhere safe,” he says. “May I see the tome of yours, Twilight?”

Twilight hands Ryze the book, and he flips through it for a page.

“Rainbow, here are the runes for the summon of the Enforcer of Piltover. She is simply Vi, a powerful melee champion who can demolish stone to dust faster than anyone I’ve seen on the fields.”

“Alright I guess…” she says, copying the runes onto the parchment. She concentrates, the runes activate, and a beam connects the parchment and her for a few seconds, until a small explosion knocks the two mares and Spike back, but not Ryze.

“Where the hell am I?” asks the woman in the center of the room. She is clad in metal and leather, with a pair of goggles on top of her pink hair. She has a pair of giant whirring gauntlets, with glowing knuckles seething with power.

“It’s been awhile, Vi.” says Ryze.

“Ryze? What’s up? This isn’t anywhere near Runeterra.”

“New world inhabited by Equines that are about to go to war with two countries at once. We’re assembling a champion force first, asking question later, as much as I hate to say it.”

“I don’t like it… I love it!” She screams ecstatically. “Seriously, when was the last time you didn’t think something through? You always were methodical on the field, and a real stubborn ass.”

“Exactly why I recommended you. You’re strong and can do some bad damage. These foes are opportunists apparently, and need a lesson.”

“Perfect. So who summoned me, so I know who I’m working with?” says The Enforcer.

“Me!” says Rainbow, exceedingly happy that her summoned person was not a stuck up egghead like Ryze. At least that was her thoughts anyway. “I guess I’m your summoner.”

“Hmmph. Tell me how you solve your-”

“She thinks like you Vi. Rushes in and attacks hard as possible. You’re gonna be great friends.”

“Well that’s great, another brash kid. Me and you are gonna be great friends on the field, I can tell you that much.”

“Great! But we gotta finish this summoning stuff with the others, right?”

“Exactly,” says Ryze. “Now let us continue…”