• Published 13th Jul 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 74 Comments

Return Of The Showmare - Horizon Spark



Through some unfortunate events, Trixie is forced to stay with her eternal enemy; Twilight Sparkle. But, why does she hate her so much?

  • ...
12
 74
 4,438

Chapter 1: Down on Her Luck

Chapter 1
Down on Her Luck

“Well this is just great, another show ruined!”

On an outward and beaten path leading to Canterlot, a blue Unicorn mare trudged her way through as she tiredly dragged her caravan to her next destination. Whatever that may be.

“Trixie shouldn’t be so surprised, those Canterlot snobs are always expecting more and more, and they won’t settle for anything less,” Trixie said angrily as she struggled to keep her caravan from toppling. “And they had the audacity, the nerve, to boo Trixie off the stage. They even threw tomatoes at me while I was leaving, who does that anymore?”

As Trixie went on with her ranting, she stumbled a bit as the caravan was now creaking a bit due to the road’s bumpy terrain. It was an extra one she built after the Ursa Minor crushed the old one back at Ponyville. Almost all of her stuff was destroyed too, but she was able to salvage her most important belongings with a spell she learned a long time ago. The spell was able to repair objects that weren't broken beyond simple repair.

Trixie sighed as she kept going, “This must be the tenth show in a row where Trixie has been booed off her own stage. Ever since that whole Alicorn Amulet debacle, it’s been nothing but bad show after bad show. Nopony wants to see a magic show starring a former tyrant of Ponyville.”

Trixie shuddered at her memories in Ponyville. If only she hadn’t visited that one-horse town, none of this would be happening to her right now. She would’ve never met those two idiots Snips and Snails, her caravan would’ve never gotten crushed by that Ursa Minor, and her career as a showmare would’ve never been destroyed.

Trixie grinded her teeth in anger as she thought more about those memories. “And I would have never had the displeasure of seeing that infuriating unicorn Twilight Sparkle again! It’s her fault that this is all happening to Trixie. She ruined my career with that Ursa Minor, she made me turn to dark magic, and she made me a hated laughing stock throughout all of Equestria!”

She growled, “Just the thought of her make me furious. Well it doesn't matter, I just hope I never have to see her ever again.” She stomped her hoof hard with that last word. Seconds later, she heard a loud crack of thunder that totally did not scare her. She then heard something else that made her groan in annoyance; raindrops.

“Of course…” Trixie grimaced. Not wanting to get rained out she quickly gathered herself, then ran as fast and carefully as she could, hoping to find any sort of civilization.

Minutes passed as it was starting to rain much harder, and Trixie was starting to lose her patience. She was tired, hungry, and her caravan was doing no better. “Please,” Trixie begged, “Please give me a sign that I’m getting somewhere.”

As if her prayers was being answered, she noticed a few lights shining in the distance. Trixie smiled gleefully, then made a beeline to the area not caring where she was heading. But when she got closer however, she started to realize how familiar the area looked to her. She then stopped dead in her tracks when she saw something that made her eyes widened in disbelief.

It was a literal sign with the words, “Welcome to Ponyville” on it.

“That’s not what Trixie meant!” Trixie huffed in disgust, “I’m never going back to that Faust forsaken town. Even if it is raining like this.”

As she said this, she then felt the ground beneath her start to shake. In a panic, she jumped on her caravan hoping that she would be safer.

CRUNCH!!

Which was not a good idea in the slightest…

“This is bad.” The caravan due to overuse, cracked under Trixie’s weight. It then began to sink further into the muddy and unstable ground. Trixie quickly used her magic to levitate the caravan off the ground, suspending it and herself in the air as the ground started to give way. Trixie desperately struggled to keep the caravan floating, straining over it’s weight. She took a peek to see where she was to find that the ground beneath her had sunk into a ditch. She grunted as she carefully moved towards the stable ground behind her. Inch by inch she got closer, but not only was the spell hard to maintain and was tiring her out, but the trip here and the rain starting to take it’s toll on her.

“Can’t...hold...on,” Trixie said as the energy on her horn faded away. With a gasp she fell on her haunches, deprived of energy.

CRACK!!

Trixie’s eyes widened as she felt the caravan moving. She looked to see that her efforts of moving the caravan had barely any effect, and that she was rolling into the muddy ditch below. Trixie screamed as she closed her eyes and hung onto the violently moving caravan. With her magic too weak to do anything, she steeled herself for the oncoming impact.

CRASH!!

Time seemed to stop when Trixie’s caravan collided with the muddy yet hard ground. Her only mode of transportation, shattered into pieces and many of its contents, either ruined or barely scratched. And the showmare, agonizing pain filling her whole body, her vision could hardly make out anything, and her breath was pacing quickly as she laid there on the ground.

“Why...me,” Trixie asked between breaths, “why is this...happening...to me?” She saw that the caravan was more or less shattered in half, and the roof was still hanging on one of them. She slowly crawled to the half for shelter, lucky that the fall only gave her some minor bruises and scratches, nothing too serious.

She decided to go no further and grabbed a surprisingly dry blanket with her magic, draping it on top of her. She groggily glanced outside to see that the rain was slowly subsiding, but it was still too dark to go out. Hoping that tomorrow would actually be a good day, she closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

She didn’t even had the time to noticed the purple figure flying above her.

Author's Note:

I hope you'll enjoy this new story I'm still writing.

Please don't forget to comment and rate.

Goodbye everypony!