• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 15,905 Views, 514 Comments

Doom: Hell in Equestria - The card holder



After destroying Hell, Doomguy tries to go back home, but ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
22
 514
 15,905

Dead Simple

Grimm, the ponies, and Discord had wandered into a large courtyard. There were various boxes of ammo scattered around, and some kind of key on a pedestal in the middle, but Grimm tread cautiously around them. He knew how the demon's played. The moment he grabbed that key, all manner of things would appear.

"Oooh! I found a key thing!" Of course, Pinkie Pie didn't have such knowledge.

"Pinkie, no!" The marine's warning was unheeded, and the pink mare removed the key from the pedestal. Sure enough, just as she did, a large group of demons spawned. They were all spider-like, and they began firing their own plasma guns at Pinkie. She scrambled back to the group, key in her mouth, while the rest retreated back to the hallway where they came in.

"So what in the hay do we do now?" Applejack asks.

Grimm took out his rocket launcher. "Easy." He almost had to shout over the noise the mechanical parts of the demons were making. "If no one else ignores me," he glared at Pinkie, "I'll be able to clear them out." With that, he charged back out into the courtyard, meeting about seven of the arachnid hell-spawn. Each of them let loose with their plasma gun upon seeing Grimm, but he dodged the shots while returning fire with his rockets. Eventually, all but one was left, the rest being splattered for several feet. Being too close to use rockets safely, he switched to his double-barrel. He jumped over another barrage of plasma before landing right on top of the demon. Grimm could see fear in its eyes just before he caved its brain in with a pair of shotgun shells. The courtyard now clear, he was about to call to the others when there was another teleport noise behind him, followed by an ear-piercing roar. Turning quickly, the marine spotted a very large spider demon at the other end. More distressingly, he saw the chain gun mounted on its chassis spinning up.

"You can't be serious!" Grimm started running to the side, just barely dodging the bullets. He fired rockets at the creature, causing it to stop attacking when it flinched from pain. Grimm used this time to run right for the demon, passing under its legs. Now directly underneath it, he blasted plasma into the underside of the base of the machine the demon was mounted on. After several seconds of constant firing, a hole was melted clean through the metal. The machine started to emit a noise, and Grimm ran out from under it. The demon fell over, exploding into a cloud of blood and guts upon hitting the ground. Wiping his visor clean, the marine waited a few more seconds for any more late arrivals to the party. When nothing else appears, he turned to head back to the group. All of them, even the princesses, wore looks of shock, awe, and some nausea. Even Discord seemed to be impressed.

"I see that the demons want you dead for a reason."

"Well, I guess they'll have to keep trying." He turns to Pinkie. "Now, I'll take that key."

Pinkie handed it over, and he placed it in his QSU within easy reach. They started down the hall again, soon coming across a large door.

"These are the doors to the throne room," Celestia said. "The Elements are kept in here."

When he tried to open it, the doors wouldn't budge. Spying a key hole, Grimm used the recently acquired key. The doors swung open, revealing something Grimm hadn't hoped to run into just yet.

"Oh fuck me..."

A rocket flew straight into the marine, sending him flying to the back wall. The entire group recoiled back, shocked.

"Grimm!"