• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 15,886 Views, 514 Comments

Doom: Hell in Equestria - The card holder



After destroying Hell, Doomguy tries to go back home, but ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
22
 514
 15,886

Entryway

As the giant demon's horrendous visage crumbled away, the man stood still. He had done it. The invasion was over. Earth was safe from the forces of Hell. Taking one last look at the carnage, he removed his helmet and wiped the sweat and blood from his forehead before starting the long trek back home. The whole way, he used his trail of death and destruction as a form of morbid breadcrumbs in order to find his way back.

'I wonder where bad people will go when they die now,' he absentmindedly thought to himself. He then lost himself a bit in his internal debate, occasionally shooting some straggling hell-spawn without so much as a second glance. He still had plenty of shotgun shells and bullets left, as well as his entire assortment of death-dealing weapons, and he barely even felt the weight, thanks to the Quantum Storage Unit on his back, standard for all UAC marines. He could probably manage to do this whole thing over again right now, if he wanted to.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he almost didn't notice that he was going a different way than the one that he came through. He was on a stone outcropping, with a path leading down. Below him, he spotted a lot of demons milling about, with what looked like a large sealed gate some distance off. Behind him, the way he came closed up. Sighing, he placed his helmet back on his head and reloaded his shotgun.

'Looks like one last party before I'm home free.'


"Will somepony please explain to me why I am going with you two again?"

"Because, Rainbow, we need somepony like yourself in case the cerberus runs off."

"But couldn't Fluttershy just get him back the same way she did this time?"

Twilight Sparkle's patience was wearing thin with the rainbow-maned pegasus. They were bringing the cerebus (who recognized Flluttershy from last time) back to the gates of Tartarus again, and were pretty close to their destination.

"W-Well, I'm not as fast as you, Rainbow," the yellow pegasus said so quietly that it almost wasn't heard.

"Besides," Twilight interjected, "it's not like you had anything better to do anyway."

Rainbow Dash just fumed in silence, floating along with her travel companions. Although she would never admit it, she was actually a bit afraid of Tartarus, and never went anywhere near it if she could help it. The fact that it was pretty far into the Everfree Forest didn't help matters. She began to shiver uncontrollably when they finally got to the cave leading to the gate of the forsaken place. When they came to the gate, Fluttershy turned to the giant cerberus.

"Now, now, don't go running off like that again, okay?"

All three of its heads nodded in response, making Fluttershy break into a small grin. Meanwhile, Rainbow's curiosity got the better of her, and she peeked over the gate. It was pretty creepy, with the rocks glowing a faint red, and a green thing killing a bunch of demons.

"Wait, what?" She did a double take, staring in disbelief at the sight of this green thing killing the demons of Tartarus with some sort of weapon. It was quite a ways away, but it was gradually getting closer, a trail of corpses leading behind the entourage of death. She didn't know what to think of this at all.

"Rainbow, you coming?" Twilight's yelling broke her trance, and she looked down, fear in her eyes.

"Uh... you guys may want to see this." Her curiosity intrigued, the purple unicorn asked for the cerberus to crack open the gate a bit. It does so, and the three ponies trot over to view whatever has Rainbow so worried.


It had been about 5 minutes, and there still seemed to be no end in sight to the horde of hell-spawn. As his supply of shotgun shells ran low, he switched to his chain gun, cutting down more demons until that ran out. He didn't want to waste his plasma cells, in case there was something bigger later on, and using rockets was suicide. That left only one option. One messy, gas-powered option.

Grinning behind his helmet, he pulled out the chainsaw while the demons circled him, waiting. He pulled the cord a few times before it finally caught, the blood-stained chainsaw roaring to life. His grin turned into a sadistic smile. Turning, he saw that the demons had him surrounded now. He called out a challenge to them before diving in.


"Come and get some of this, you motherfuckers!" The thing was close enough to the trio that they could hear it, and the shout caught them all off guard. The following carnage caused two of the three ponies to lose their lunch. The third, however, slowly floated forward obliviously. Rainbow Dash was oddly entranced by this display of blood and gore. The thing never stopped, shouting various taunts to the demons the whole time. He was hit a few times, but didn't seem to pay much mind to his injuries, instead focused on inflicting them. Suddenly, one of the demons popped up in front of her, scaring her to the ground. She was paralyzed with fear, and she saw nothing but hate and blood lust in the creature's eyes. She knew that this was it; the moment of her death. She closed her eyes and waited, but instead felt something hot splashing on her, followed by the sound of pained growling. Opening her eyes, she saw a series of rotating teeth tearing through the creature. The demon roared in pain before being lifted up, revealing the green thing behind it, holding the rear end of the chainsaw. It brought it back around, slamming the demon to the ground before sawing the rest of the way through. Rainbow then realized that it was blood that splashed on her. The green thing then turned to her, its face obscured by a helmet.


What the hell was this? He had just killed every demon in the immediate area, and suddenly he found a small, blue horse with rainbow hair and wings. Part of him wanted to go ahead and saw it like he sawed the demons, but he had the feeling that, whatever this was, it wasn't from Hell. Seeing no threats nearby, he put the chainsaw away, looking to try and talk with the creature. However, when he opened his mouth to speak, blood came out, even dripping out his helmet. Without the adrenaline from danger, he was now painfully aware of multiple injuries to himself. Looks like he was hurt more than he thought. Soon after, he felt consciousness fading. Before he was gone, he had one last thought:
'I swear to God, if my guns are missing again when I wake up...'


Twilight and Fluttershy had just finished emptying their stomachs when they saw the thing save their cyan friend from a demon. They didn't even know what to think. Then they saw the creature wobble a bit before falling over, seemingly unconscious. Rainbow didn't waste any time in flying away, a trail of rainbow and some blood in her wake. Turning back to the creature, Twilight used her magic to pick it up. Well, it was more 'drag' than 'pick up'.

"Come on, Fluttershy, we should help... whatever this is, even if it did," she gagged, "do all that."

Fluttershy simply nodded weakly as the two exit the cave, leaving a confused cerberus at the gate.