• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 2,786 Views, 218 Comments

Player Number Three - Candy-Sweets_12



SweetieBelle and ButtonMash are preparing to be parents for their first foal.With Sweetie's new emotions,and ButtonMash's work schedule,can the two do it?Fortunately,they have friends and family on their side.Warning:May contain sexual, bloody topics

  • ...
12
 218
 2,786

Chapter 23

Sweetie Belle knocked on the door silently. She was answered with a silent "Come in." From the other side. Creaking the door open, she peeked in to see Scootaloo on the other side. Smiling happily down at the bundle in her arms.

"Isn't he just amazing?" She asked out of nowhere, moving her head down to kiss the sleeping colt on the forehead.

"He's quite the little colt." Sweetie Belle agreed, coming in to sit by her side.

"It's amazing how much everything changed huh? One second, I'm in pure pain, and then..." She looked down at him. "I hear his cry, and it's like something clicked inside of me." She said.

"What's that like?"

"I feel like I'm ready to take care of him. So much has changed now that he's here. I bet he'll be running or flying around the house, getting stuck into every cloud wall. I can feel it."

"How do you feel?"

It took a moment for her to answer. "I feel like..." She pause, trying to describe it. " he's my little miracle. My little Thunder Streak."

"That's a nice name." Sweetie Belle said.

"Thanks, it took forever for us to decide. But it suits him well." She said.

"I wonder what color his eyes will be." Sweetie Belle thought.

"I can't help but wonder either, especially when he gets his cutiemark, or starts flying, who knows, he'll probably be walking on walls soon. I bet he's going to grow up to be the fastest little colt in the sky. My little Wonderbolt." She chuckled when he yawned. "He's so wonderful." She said aloud.

"He truly is." Sweetie Belle thought.

"I bet you'll be gushing all over your foal once it's born." Scootaloo said, looking up from her son.

"I hope so. I can't wait to see them." She said, setting a hoof on her stomach.

"Don't worry." Scootaloo said reassuringly. "You'll be able to."

"I know, I just can't help but worry. I know that I'm better now, but you know how the doctor said that me or my foal have only so much of a chance left."

"I'm sure you'll both make it." Scootaloo said.

"Oh yeah!" Sweetie Belle whispered, taking something she brought. "Rainbow Dash said to give this to her nephew." She said, taking out a stuffed Wonderbolt toy of Scootaloo from the saddle bag she wore.

"Typical Rainbow Dash. Be sure to give her my thanks." Scootaloo replied.

"I will." Sweetie Belle assured.

"You're still feeling nervous about it huh?" Scootaloo said, sending a knowing glare to her friend.

"How'd you know?"

"We've been friends for years Sweetie Belle, I can see through you like glass as much as you can see through me."

"I'm just worried that something will go wrong. What if I mess something up?"

"There's not much to mess up when you're in agonizing pain."

"Even then, I'm worried that I'll be a bad mother."

"That happens with me too, but let's get this straight, we're not going to be the world's best mothers, we're not perfect, and we'll definitely make mistakes. My mother always told me, that to be a parent doesn't mean just watching over a foal, its owning up to the mistakes you make, and being there for your foal or foals, it means loving and watching over them, and preparing them for the world ahead. And that it was her intent to do that with me."

"Why do I feel like your so mature all of a sudden?"

"I don't know, it just clicked. Everyone was right with how this motherly instinct comes completely naturally. Speaking of parents, where's Rumble? I want to talk to him about something." She said.

"I can go get him if you like." Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Nah, don't worry about it, I don't want to interrupt him with what he's doing. Whatever that may be, anyway." She said, looking to the television in front of her, completely oblivious to what was going on. "Hey Sweetie, you want to hold him?" She asked.

"Of course." Scootaloo handed the foal over to her friend, who took him gently.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to sleep for a while, I'm exhausted, and I'm going to need as much sleep as I can get now that this little guy's around." Scootaloo yawned, immediately falling asleep afterwards. Sweetie Belle looked down at the little colt in her arms, smiling down as he opened his mouth to yawn, seeming to have caught his mother's.

'I wonder what type of adventures you and your friends will go on.' She thought, staring down at the colt. She looked up at her friend. Her friends were like family to her. She wouldn't be surprised if this colt considered himself to be her nephew. She wouldn't mind looking after him for a sleepover, or help him with any problems he may have in the future. She began to grow curious as to what Apple Bloom's foal would look like, and if the three of them would be good friends like their mothers are.

Rumble came in through the door and found Sweetie Belle sitting next to a sleeping Scootaloo.

"Hey, thanks for keeping Scoots company while I was gone, I'll take it from here." He said, walking up to her and sweeping the bundle out her arms as gently as he could muster.

He took Sweetie Belle's place in the chair looking over Scootaloo as she slept.


The following two weeks were busy for Scootaloo and Rumble, Sweetie Belle always saw her with Thunder Streak whenever they made a visit to her or Apple Bloom's house, who speaking of, looked to be like she would go into labor any moment. She didn't leave her house at all, especially when the due date was passed paranoid about when her water would break.

"Ugh!" Apple Bloom groaned, setting her head on the table. "It's been three days, Ah'm startin' ta wonder if this kid will ever come out."

"Gee, that's a bit harsh." Scootaloo replied flatly.

"Sorry." Apple Bloom sighed. "It's just that Ah'm gettin' anxious, and I'm gettin' worried. Ah asked Applejack if it happens regularly in our family and she said that it could sometimes take weeks." She sighed and sat her head on the table.

"That does suck." Sweetie Belle said.

"What about you Sweetie Belle?" Scootaloo asked, turning to her right."

"I'm feeling pretty neutral really." She answered.

"Ya mean ya ain't worried about..." She trailed off.

"I am, don't get me wrong, but I just feel fine right now."

"You still haven't told Button?" Apple Bloom asked.

"No." She said.

"Ah don't mean to lecture ya, but you about five weeks away from your due date. Ah still think you should say somethin' to him."

"I told him that I'm nervous because of..." She breathed in, tearing up a bit. " my miscarriage" she continued. "that has to count for something." Sweetie Belle said.

"Sorry ta say Sweetie, but it doesn't" Apple Bloom grinned.

"It doesn't?"

"Nope." The two said, popping their lips at the P. There was a cry from the small playpen nearby.

"Hungry again?" Scootaloo asked the crying Thunder Streak. She was answered with a cry. "Sorry guys, do you mind?"

"Go ahead." Apple Bloom said. Scootaloo walked to the next room, laying on the couch as the other two followed behind her.

"You were saying?" Sweetie Belle gestured.

"Sorry, I forgot what we were talking about." Scootaloo said, setting a blanket over her son.

"I could tell you about my new song." Sweetie Belle said.

"Shoot for it." Apple Bloom said.

"So, as you know, I've been working with Octavia, and now Neon Lights, Vinyl Scratch, and Noteworthy, the pianist. I told them about a song that I wrote, and Octavia and Noteworthy are up for it."

"That's great Sweetie Belle." Scootaloo replied.

"What's it about?"

"Well, you know how I was always writing in my journal all of the time after... you know, I was hesitant about it at first, but I decided that I should write a song for it."

"Is it the one you were singing to yourself at the fune-" Scootaloo stopped mid sentence.

"No, it's a different one. I just feel like it's still personal with... yeah."

"Well, I've been thinking about getting a pet." Apple Bloom said. "Preferably a dog." She said.

"You ask Fluttershy?"

"Yeah, but she said that there aren't any at the moment to adopt." She replied. "How's Perplexity treating Thunder Streak?"

"She's really nice to him, and they like to play together whenever Fluttershy comes over for a playdate." Scootaloo said.

"Well that's sweet." Sweetie Belle said.

"Yeah, she's the sweetest little thing." Scootaloo said. She lifted her son up to wipe any trace of milk from his mouth, smiling at him as he grinned back. She set him over her shoulder.

"He should be asleep in no time. Sorry to hold you guys up."

"Take all the time ya need." Apple Bloom assured.

"Thanks guys. So, tell me how Pip's handling this." She said with a devious grin.

"He's always by my side. Hangin' out with you two and Twist is the only way to get away from him, while he and the guys go watch hoofball or somethin'. Speakin' of which, we should invite Twist to hang out with us soon, turns out she's pregnant too."

"Really?" The two asked, baffled.

"Yep, she found out yesterday. Told me to tell ya. Also turns out she was three months-well three and a week, before she found out."

"She doesn't have to be expecting to be with us." Sweetie Belle said.

"Ah' know, but she didn't tell Snails, and is going to tell him at the get-together."

"What party?" The two asked in unison, Thunder looking up to see the commotion from his mother's arms.

"Ah' offered ta help her host a party later, but she's throwing it herself, and is inviting us to her house."

"I'm ashamed to admit I never went there." Scootaloo said.

"Don't worry about it. Twist wanted us to catch up with everyone at once, and is dying to see Mina and Spike again. Ah also invited Imp." Apple Bloom said.

"So you'll be helping her with it?"

"Of course Ah will, it'll be this Saturday, so bring your family and maybe bring something for it." She looked at Sweetie Belle. "You don't have to cook it though."

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Sweetie Belle blushed.

"Yes, you are." The other two said. Thunder seemed to nod his head with them.

"Oh." Sweetie Belle blushed harder, causing a burst of giggles to erupt.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter, I haven't posted in a while, and I hope this Slice of Life Chapter can make up for it. Sorry for the delays. But next up, is the moment you've all been waiting for. That's right, I'm talking about...The Birth, which will be very dramatic by the way. And No, I won't type about the party in future chapters, sorry to any of you who may have been looking forward to it. Check out my Deviantart, read my other stories, and there will be a lack of updates in the future, just so you know. So if any of you were looking forward to a new chapter for Elements of Destiny, sorry. Peace.

-Candy:heart::yay::twilightsmile::raritywink: