• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 2,781 Views, 218 Comments

Player Number Three - Candy-Sweets_12



SweetieBelle and ButtonMash are preparing to be parents for their first foal.With Sweetie's new emotions,and ButtonMash's work schedule,can the two do it?Fortunately,they have friends and family on their side.Warning:May contain sexual, bloody topics

  • ...
12
 218
 2,781

Chapter 22

Sweetie Belle awoke to the sound of the telephone, groaning, at whoever was calling her, considering it was 3:30 in the morning. She lazily answered it.

"Hello?" She croaked through her raspy voice.

"Hey Sweetie Belle," A nervous Rumble said from the other end, " is this a bad time?"

"What the hell do you want Rumble?" She asked, impatient and weary.

"Sorry, well... Scootaloo's water broke," Sweetie Belle's eyes flew open. "She hasn't had any contractions for a few hour-" There was a loud crash and then a shatter on the other end, so loud that it sounded like someone was crumpling newspaper through it. Button awoke, groggy and confused as to what was going on.

"I'm on my way." Sweetie Belle said, hanging up before receiving an answer.

"What's going on?" A tired Button Mash yawned as Sweetie Belle flipped the lights on after climbing out of bed.

"Scootaloo's water broke." She answered, grabbing something from a drawer and sticking it in her saddle bag she put on.

"Ok, let's go." Button said without any further questions.


The nurse poked her head inside, looking at Rainbowdash sitting in a chair next to her surrogate sister, Soarin' standing supportively next to Rumble, who was rubbing Scootaloo's back, for she was on her side, clutching a pillow and her eyes brimming with tears. Spitfire looked at the two from the middle of the room, smiling at the four ponies behind the nurse.

"Hey." She said in a quiet happy tone.

Sweetie Belle smiled as the rest looked up, Scootaloo looking up as the tears continued to brim in her eyes, a few spilling over as another wave approached. She moaned and tightened her grip on the pillow.

"Nice to see ya," Rainbowdash said for her. Rumble smiled up at their four friends. "Thanks for coming." He said.

"I'm sorry to say that the earlier group will have to step outside now." The nurse said in her sweet tone.

"Ok. Thanks." Rainbowdash said, looking down at her sister. "I know your pain. But you'll make it, and it will be worth it. Who's the toughest little pony in town?" Scootaloo smiled.

"Got the moves got the mojo," Sweetie Belle said.

"No harder working pony around." Apple Bloom agreed. Scootaloo smiled.

"Thanks everypony, I really appreciate it." She said. Rainbowdash stood up, giving one last smile before turning her head around and leaving the room.

Her friends sat in the chairs adjacent to the bed, giving their friend a lovely smile.

"Thanks for being here girls." She said happily.

"Anytime Scootaloo." Apple Bloom said.

"Um... what's it like?" Sweetie Belle asked out of curiosity.

"I feel like I was hit by a truck." She snapped. Her friends jumped at the sudden raise in her voice, causing her to soften. She sighed. "I'm sorry, its just that it hurts so much. But it'll be worth it though." She chuckled to herself. "Who would've thought?"

Thought what?" The other two asked.

"Feels just like yesterday I was ten, swearing on my life I'd never get married, well, before I met Rumble and went to Princess Cadence's wedding." She laughed, wiping her face as she sat up, turning to the side.

"Yeah, and now look at where we are, never would've thought I'd be here when I was younger." Sweetie Belle said honestly.

"Yep." Apple Bloom agreed.

The three sighed in unison. Scootaloo removed the mess of blankets covering everything but her legs, from her stomach. Standing up to walk around the room.

Rumble stared at her from the distance, stopping the conversation he was in. He sighed sadly.

"Something wrong Rumble?" Pipsqueak asked.

"It's just... I don't like to see her in pain this way. I don't want her to feel this way."

"Why don't you guys get some medicine?"

"She doesn't want it, when the nurse offered before you guys came, she shook her head no. Even in child labor, she's the toughest mare I know."

"Don't worry Rumble." Button said, resting a hoof on his friends head. "She'll be fine."

She paced in a circle around the room as she walked around and around for the next three hours nonstop. Time stretched on and on as she walked around, worrying Rumble when she had to stop due to her contractions, sometimes she'd bend down and crouch in a ball on the floor. The sweat on her forehead continued to come, darkening her hair and making it a tangle mess in it's ponytail. Rumble rushed to her side each time, offering to lead her back to the bed and only getting either a sharp no, or a shake of a head. Sometimes he'd just hear a sound escape through her teeth as she sat on the floor.

It wasn't until she fell forwards, that he grew worried, catching her before she hit the ground. "Ugh." She moaned, looking up at ceiling with cloudy thoughts.

"You want me to get the nurse?" Rumble asked. Scootaloo nodded, being leaded back to the bed and watching as Rumble jabbed the call button. The nurse and doctor rushed in, seeing that Scootaloo was in the middle of a big wave, she let out a yelp and grabbed Rumble's hoof as the doctor looked underneath the sheet.

"It's time," He said. The nurses led the four of the others out, assuring them that it shouldn't take much longer anymore.

"Gaah!!!!" Scootaloo cried out as the doctor set up the equipment, using a contraption to lift the blanket up as the other four were rushed out of the room. They looked at each other worriedly and walked to the waiting room, where other Wonderbolts stood in the room, Scootaloo's dad sat in the chair, tapping his hoof along the arm rest of the chair as Rainbowdash sat next to him, her son asleep on her lap as Soarin' held his daughter in his hooves, stroking through her short mane as she slept away. Scootaloo's cries were much more distant from the hallway, but each one made Sweetie Belle wince as she thought about her labor.

"I wonder how uncle Rumble's holding up." Rumble's nephew asked his father, Thunderlane.

"Probably freaking out." His brother answered.

"Oh and you of course were completely calm when our kids came." Blossom Forth said. Thunderlane blushed.

"Good point." He said.

"How are you feeling Sweetie Belle?" Button asked once he saw her wince after another round of yelps.

"It's fine," She brushed off quickly, "I'm just a bit worried is all." She said, half-lying.

"Ok, if you want to talk about it," He pushed on.

"Don't worry Button, I'd tell you if something were wrong." She looked into the hall where the door to the nursery was, and cradled her stomach worriedly.

The screaming stopped. Everyone's ears perked up at once.

There was a click from down the hall as Rumble, rushed through the hall, a doctor's mask hanging from his muzzle.

"It's a colt!" He said excitedly. Everyone congratulated the stallion, giving him pats on the back, his brother ruffling a hoof through his mane from above. Scootaloo's father unexpectedly hugged him, teary eyed.

"I'm a grandfather." He said joyously.

The younger children were hopping around in circles, chanting that they had another cousin. "Can we see him please?" They begged him, Rumble was hesitant when they gave him puppy dog eyes, ad stuck out their bottom lips.

"Of course you can." He said, ruffling his niece's hair.

A nurse came over, having had heard the commotion. "Right this way." She said, bringing them to the nursery where a few other foals slept. A snowy maned pink unicorn nurse set down a blue bundle into the crib, where Rumble entered the room.

"Meet Thunder Streak." Rumble said, lifting a fold in the blanket to show a small dark orange colt, a tuft of light gray with a streak of purple on his head, he yawned and continued to sleep, a small smile on his face. Everyone awed at the little colt, the younger children now fully awake and climbing on top of each other to see their cousin.

"Congrats." Button said when Rumble stepped out, patting him on the back.

"I can't believe it, I'm a dad." Rumble said in disbelief. He smiled warmly. And looked inside. "And he's my son."

"Happy Birthday to Thunder Streak!" Rainbow's daughter whisper shouted.

'Happy Birthday indeed.' Rumble thought. Smiling at he little colt behind the glass.

Author's Note:

Updates will probably be slow for the time remaining, but thank you all for waiting, and reading. I truly appreciate it. I don't think I should include the stuff about my other stuff this time, anyway, thank you all so much for everything, Peace.

-Candy:derpytongue2::twilightsmile::yay::heart: