• Published 8th Jun 2015
  • 2,786 Views, 218 Comments

Player Number Three - Candy-Sweets_12



SweetieBelle and ButtonMash are preparing to be parents for their first foal.With Sweetie's new emotions,and ButtonMash's work schedule,can the two do it?Fortunately,they have friends and family on their side.Warning:May contain sexual, bloody topics

  • ...
12
 218
 2,786

The Birth Part 3

By this point I just stare at them blankly. Not sure of what to do or say at the moment. Part of me wants to scream out and shout, and others just want me to sob until there's nothing left.

"She lost too much blood," A nurse tries to explain to me. "She's under a coma. And, we're not sure about whether or not she'll ever wake up." I move my gaze to the floor, and just stare at it.

"I-I'm sorry." The doctor says.

"Your foal is ok though, she's breathing, but she's not of proper growth. It will take a while before she can go home." One doctor says in a brighter tone.

I don't know what I would've done next had I not walked out of there.


I find Apple Bloom a few hallways away, her back turned to me. I'm surprised to see her here, when I notice she's crying. I walk to her curiously, wondering if she knew what was going on.

"Apple Bloom?" I ask, she stops and straightens up, takes in a deep breath and turns her head in my direction. Tears flowing from her eyes.

"Hi Button." She says, moving around to face me.

"You already know?" I ask curiously.

"Ya mean she...?" She asked in shock.

"She's in a coma, and is in pretty bad shape, she lost so much blood, but there's no way of knowing she'll ever wake up." I say. I let my head drop to the ground.

"You mean, she didn't tell ya?" She asked, lifting a hoof from the ground in a questionable matter.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She never told you?" She continued.

"Told me what?" I ask impatiently.

"Button, when she had her miscarriage, she was hurt REALLY bad,"

"Don't you think I know that?!" I shout out of frustration. "What's that got to do with now?" I say. Her face reflected pity, she walked closer to me in attempt to comfort me, but I scoot away.

"She didn't fully heal when she became pregnant again. Those pills she took were supposed to help," She continues.

"She said that they were prescribed to help our foal live, she didn't lie to me; she wouldn't lie to me." I say. I brush past her, in a rush to get home in a sudden rage.

"But, that ain't what she lied about." She said after me. I stop, and turn to her.

"Then what is it?" I spit.

"She and the foal had a low chance of surviving. She didn't want ya to worry about her, so she thought it was best to keep to herself, instead, and heal quietly." She says. "I shouldn't have been the one ta tell ya this. I'm awful sorry ta say this, but-" I never heard what else she said. I just took off down the hall. I ran for who knows how long, from that terrible night, that terrible moment, and Sweetie Belle.


I slam the door to our house, breathing in deeply when seeing the blood on the floor. I climbed up the stairs, and then sat huddled on the bed. The events of the night replayed in my head, my blood pumping through my veins and making me squeeze my eyes shut, trying to block away the painful memories. It's no used though, and my thoughts drift to Apple Bloom's words.

'That ain't what she lied about. She and the foal had a low chance of surviving. She didn't want ya ta worry 'bout her,'

Why would Sweetie Belle lie about that? Doesn't she trust me any more? Why is she keeping secrets from me? Why would she tell her friends over her own husband? Does she not remember her promise from all of those years ago? If she truly cared she would've told the truth.

Frustrated, I get up and head to the mirror, staring at the pony in front of me. Blood in his fur, on his lips, and a few patches in his matted mane. His eyes were puffy and blazing orange, fierce and wild. I turn to the side and I notice just how much I look like I a zombie from the Trotting Dead. I sigh and head to the bathroom, only to stare and squint at my reflection as numb anger floats through me. I ignore it and begin to wash my face, ridding it of all of the blood it encountered, and any sign that this night has ever happened.

I look up to find a scowl stationed on my face, and now anger showing brightly through my eyes. I can't stop the continuous words I want to say from coming into mind.

'Why did I ever believe that I should trust every word she said?' I feel like an idiot, betrayed and lied to, so caught up in the clouds; and now I'm crashing down to the ground below. I stomp out immediately, trying to push her from my thoughts. I end up on the bed again, sitting there, just staring at the sand white floor beneath me.

'She's the one that kept me on my hooves, that kept me from falling down the wrong paths, and making the wrong decisions. How could she just let me go like that? After all this time?'

I gaze to my left, and find a picture of Sweetie Belle and me from our wedding. A mix of emotions swell up inside of me. Hatred. Betrayal. Distrust. Pain. She lied to me. She betrayed me. Why didn't she just trust me? In a flash, there's a loud shatter, and I find the picture across the room, broken glass littering the floor around it.

Another shatter follows as I throw another picture behind it. I continue to throw things until I blow my self out. It's not until I throw her song book at the mirror that I stop. I stare at it from across the bed, still radiating with rage.

'She didn't want ya ta worry 'bout her,' Those words echo through my head as I stand up and walk to it to retrieve it. Ignoring the cuts and blood dotting my hooves, I pick it up cautiously, as those it were a chemical or fragile enough that just touching I would shatter it.

A glint of light catches my eye and out of curiosity, I return to the bed and sit on the edge. Flipping through the pages, my anger fades as I read through it, brushing away the pieces of broken glass.

'My Dearest Button,'

What's this?

'I'm sorry that you had to find out like this.'

Why would she leave me this if she couldn't tell me to my face? I continue to read, having to read the same sentences several times before I could fully understand them.

'I never wanted you to worry about me, I can tell your stressed out enough over our new foal, even when you try to hide it. I never should've kept it away from you, and now I'm caught in a situation I can't get out of. I guess that... ever since my miscarriage, I felt that I had to protect our foal no matter what the cost. I love them with all of my heart Button, and I hope that one day you may forgive me. I don't know about whether or not I'll still be alive when you read this, or our foal for this matter, it feels wrong to tell you everything is fine like this, to fool you into saying everything is okay when it's really not.

I just have to take this chance Button, even if it's worth risking my own life. I can be a mother, we can be parents! I just...

I soften once I notice several dry drops of moisture scattered across the page, and move to the next to find more.

'I can only hope that I'll be there with you to care of them, but in the event that I'm not, or you loose the both of us...

More splatters littered the page, and the next few sentences were difficult to read in their shaken pattern. It took me a while to read through it instead of her usual steady writing.

'I want you to move on, to remember me in your memories, and never forget our love, to take care of our foal; if they make it, to give them love. I hope that whenever you look at them, that you may be reminded of me. Remember our mistakes together, and remember this promise, and most of all, remember that, I'll always love you, no matter what happens, or what I say, stay strong for me, and do what every hero or knight must do when tragedy comes into their adventure; move on.

'Keep the journey going, and one day, you may get a new member added to your party, and have many more adventures together. You've given me so many opportunities, helped me to achieve and learn about so many beautiful things. You gave me so many chances,

to fall in love,

to have my first kiss,

to get married,

to experience life altogether,

and you gave me a chance to be something I always wanted, to be a mother. I will carry these memories on for the rest of my life, cherish them and love them with all my heart, and do the same for you, and hopefully, one day, our foal.

Thank You for everything you've ever given to me Button, thank you for kindness and sympathy for me, and accepting my differences.

Your beloved,

Sweetie Belle

I close the journal, new tears running over my old ones. Now I understand why she would always looked so sorrowful whenever I asked her if she was okay, or when Twist first asked what she thinks the foal would look like. Or why she would tell her friends instead of me.

My memories reach to the time of the funeral so many months ago, before she became pregnant again. I remember seeing the darkened veil in front of her face, staring down with tears threating to spill over the tips of her eyes. Looking down at the grave as her curls blew past her face. I remember feeling her clutch her hold around my hoof, the tears spilling over.

She muttered something, something I never cared to make out; until now.

'I have to make this up to them.'

I feel my chest tighten, as though I was kicked in it. Guilt flows through me. She just wanted to save this one, and I wasn't even thinking of her like I promised her. I broke my promise, by not thinking of her before myself, I wasn't as considerate as she was.

I don't know what to do. All I know is that I want to be with her, even if she doesn't respond.


I race through the doors a second time, the hospital seeming to be deserted except for the doctors and nurses. I rush to the nurse, asking her frantically where Sweetie Belle is.

"She's..." She searched through her computer. "In room 103."

"Thank you!" I say as I rush past her, going as fast as I can, as though I wouldn't get to her in time. Finally, I stop at her door, breathing heavily as I stared at the numbers. I took a deep breath and opened the door.