• Published 8th May 2015
  • 281 Views, 11 Comments

Gryphon Problems - Scootaleuz



Rainbow Dash gets an unexpected visitor with an unexpected problem.

  • ...
11
 11
 281

The Trial

Author's Note:

Finally! This is done. I have a new fic in the works, and I hope y'all enjoy it. Sorry this fic is real short, I just wanted to get it done and over with, so I could start a new one without having 2 running at the same time.

My house wasn’t an option. Too many memories. I thought, there was only one place to go. The Lion Faction. Would Gilda still be there? Would anypony… er, anyGRYPHON be there? I didn’t think so. Twilight said it was unlikely. Or did she? I left in such a hurry, I forgot to closed the iron door, letting in smoke. Sucks for them, I guess. I didn’t come back. Not to Ponyville, anyway. Once I arrived, the Lion Faction didn’t prove any help. My suspicions were correct. There was nothing left but corpses and smoke. I ended up searching Cloudsdale, too. Same thing; nothing. My journey eventually landed my tired hooves in Canterlot, where I was promptly pulled down another hole. Deja vu, I suppose. This facility looked almost identical, except for the room I was being lead too.

The room was decorated, with curtains and an actual window, which most of the rooms I saw in the Canterlot facility lacked. There were 2 thrones on the far side, each seating one princess. Twilight did say they’d be here, but I was surprised nonetheless. “Do you know why you’re here? I hope you do.”, Princess Celestia said, in the same monotone voice that everypony else used. I snapped back from my head to the real world, and answered her with a simple “Yes.” “Good. Your trial will begin in 3 hours.”, the Princess continued. “Let me lead you to your temporary room.”.

My room looked okay. It had a table, two chairs, a bed, and even a small Wonderbolts poster on the wall. Nice touch. My only gripe was that it was really, really small. No flying room here, or in the hallways, or anywhere. Made sense, since I was the only pegasus around. “Didn’t Twilight tell you? We……. kept them all out.”, Luna replied. I spent the next few hours in the room, bored out of my mind. Where was Gilda, I wondered. I found myself contemplating why I kicked the dragon in the first place. Just a reflex, I guess.

The trial finished quicker than I expected. We were in the throne room for less than 30 minutes before the verdict was decided. I was to be killed. Fine, I thought. I deserve this. Just like so many others had died because of me, I was to die with them. Hey, maybe I’ll see Gilda up there. I mean, I haven’t died YET. It’s possible she’s waiting for me, waiting to greet me. Or maybe she hates my guts. Probably the latter. I had not only lost ponies I knew & cared about, but lost friends as well. Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity. They had all survived, but their personalities didn’t exist anymore. The real Twilight had already died, the remains, a shell of a former mare. I had died, too. On the inside. All those hours in bed, for nothing. If I hadn’t have left, maybe I could’ve helped. maybe, I could’ve fixed it. Too late now.

And so, here I am. Celestia & Luna let me write this memoir before my execution. This is the end, of both this story, and it’s writer.……………. I wish I was smart, like Twilight.

-R.D.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment