• Published 22nd Mar 2015
  • 487 Views, 29 Comments

Lives Change - AJ Asui



Bulk knows what it's like to be different but can he handle a changeling?

  • ...
1
 29
 487

Chapter 3: Bulks monsters

Bulk wasn't happy but he wasn't seriously angry. She could read his emotions, but there was something else, something more foreboding. Thesis was trying to figure out what when there was a loud crashing sound outside distracting them all.

They ran outside only to see a bright flash that, once cleared left Thesis unconscious and Bulk in defense mode. Two Changelings were fighting the two guards who had come to Bulk's house the previous night. The changelings spotted Thesis as well as the guards. The two guards came after Thesis but before they got to Bulk and Thesis the changelings blocked their path trying to protect them.

Bulk ran to the changelings side to fight off the guards, neither side understood it but the changelings accepted the help. The guards paused for a second but rushed them anyways only to be met with the hoof of a giant. Bulk rushed the left guard, tackling him to the ground and knocking him unconscious with a well placed hoof to the face. The other guard was fighting the changelings and Big Mac, but upon seeing his ally he used a flash spell. When it cleared he was fleeing with his friend about thirty feet away. Bulk turned back to Thesis picking her up to take her back to the house when one of the changelings spoke up.

"Wait! What are you going to do to her?" The changeling asked.

"Protect her!" He answered loudly.

"It's not safe for you here! Please come with us to the hive the queen only wishes to find the rest of the hive! She regrets her actions and just wants to protect her subjects!" The other changeling spoke up.

Bulk considered it for a second pondering if he would be making the right choice if he did go to the hive. He knew that he could be walking into a trap but if he stayed the guards would return with reinforcements.Eventually he nodded looking to Big Mac.

"Go home Mac! I'll be fine" Bulk reassured but Mac shook his head.

"Nope! Not gonna leave ya' hangin'" Big Mac said defiantly.

Bulk nodded and let the Changelings lead the way to the hive. Their journey took them into the ever present darkness of the everfree. Suddenly one of the changelings collapsed, he tried to get up but was to tired. To his surprise Bulk lifted him onto his back beside Thesis where he sighed slightly.

"I'm sorry I'm just so tired we've been looking for our kin ever since the incident."

"It's okay I understand." Bulk smiled.

"We're almost there hang in there Air, your gonna be okay." They walked in silence until a very bad sound came from behind them. Snarling, timber wolves were approaching the group quickly. Big Mac grabbed the changeling and took off followed closely by Bulk who was running just as fast even with the two on his back. Bulk could hear them gaining on him as he fell behind Big Mac. He was running as fast as he could but he knew that being such a big stallion, they were going to catch him. He had to fight or risk everyone dying, he knew what he had to do. Protect Thesis! As he swore he would! He wasn't going to let another loved one die.

"Mac! Their gonna catch me! Take these two! I'll stall for time!" Bulk shouted. Mac didn't want to but knew that he had no choice if they were to survive. Big Mac fell back to get the two Changelings then sped up, He looked back at Bulk with sympathy and sorrow in his eyes. Bulk nodded assuring Mac that this was what he wanted. Bulk spun around in time to see a timber wolf jump at him but was met with a monstrous headbutt that made it shatter into pieces on impact.

"Come on! I'll destroy you all! YEAH! P is for Pulverize and Pain!" Bulk yelled. He readied himself for the fight with the three remaining timber wolves hoping he wouldn't have to resort to that but he would if necessary. The three decided they would rush him all at the same time which wasn't a good idea seeing as how Bulk was able to get two of them with a swing of his hoof. The third however slashed his left shoulder causing his stance to falter slightly but he maintained balance staring the wolf down. He noticed that this one had a jagged scar over his right eye. As Bulk rushed it, it easily dodged and slashed him again and again. The series of attacks left Bulk weak but not down. I can't get to him I need to-

Bulk's thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of being light headed. It was then that he realized how deep his cut's were but he wouldn't collapse without finishing this however. Bulk Grabbed a big rock and flung it at the him, when he dodged Bulk brung his fore hooves down on his gad effectively shattering it. Bulk collapsed on the ground the last thing he heard was: "Well, well what do we have here?"


Thesis shot up on her... bed? She wasn't in the bed Bulk had given to her during her stay. there was a changeling guard standing close by, she looked at her worriedly.

"How are you feeling anything hurting?" she asked curiously.

"Where are Big Mac and Bulk?" seeing her confusion she clarified. "The ponies I was with"

"Well one of them is in the infirmary the other is with the queen."

"What?! Which one?!"

"The big white one. They were all attacked by timber wolves but in order to save them he turned to fight them head on to buy time."

"Please take me to him."

"I cannot the queen wishes to see you concerning the two ponies."

Thesis' blood ran cold at the mentioning of Queen Chrysalis. "Please don't let her hurt them..." she said weakly. "They saved my life, They're my friends."

"Then they should be fine. The Queen is very glad that they saved not one but three of our kind. Follow me please."

Author's Note:

sorry i took so long. but since I'm like the worst writer ever you probably weren't waiting for my story anxiously.

Comments ( 18 )

First you are a good writer. Second it is going to be very interesting to see your take on Chrysalis.

5860967 Thanks that makes me feel a little better actually

Looking forward to see where this goes from here.

:pinkiesad2:Finally found this story again I lost it. I opened too many tabs.:pinkiehappy:

6038781 You like my story?

6039537 Of course I do why wouldn't I.

6039749 some have told me it isn't good

6039753 I have a say it doesn't matter about the people that try to hurt others feelings it matters about the ones who encourage others to greatness.

6039782 You should it's very encouraging. Thanks for lifting my spirits

Now THIS I gotta read. :rainbowdetermined2:

6101009
It sounds very interesting; there aren't many Bulk Biceps fics and certainly not ones with changelings.

6101043 Yeah I thought so too which is why I started it, yes I'm still writing it

You still writing the story pal?

7011529 I just started back

Login or register to comment