• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 484 Views, 8 Comments

The Sky has no Rhythm - Moonlight Flight



Sky Rhythm is a small filly that grew up with her father and brother. She dreams of a life outside of her abused one.

  • ...
 8
 484

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I awoke to the sound of crickets chirping and frogs croaking. I opened my eyes slowly and the first thing i saw was my brother. He was sitting there, smiling.

"I promised you that i would protect you." he said.

It took me awhile to notice the marks on his body, "Are you..." i began to ask when he put his hoof up.

"I'm fine." he said "I just needed to make sure you were safe."

I looked down at my body, flapped both of my wings and to my surprise I felt no pain. I smiled up at him "I'm all fine."

"Ditzy you know what to do next. I'm sorry Sky, but I will not be accompanying you through the rest of your journey."

I looked up at him, "W....what do you mean?" i asked.

He sighed heavily and put his hoof on my shoulder. "Meaning i'm going back, but i promise that I'll see you sooner or later. For now I am leaving you in my friends hooves."

My eyes began to water as i jumped up and hugged him tightly. "Please don't leave me!" i cried.

He quickly hugged me then he took a step back, "I have to do this otherwise he'll continue to hurt you, and i don't enjoy it when he bullies you. Ditzy is a great friend and a fellow pegasus. She will help you and be there for you more than I have."

I looked back at Ditzy, "You promise?" She stood up and walked towards me and nodded.

"Anything you need just ask." She quickly looked at my brother "You better get going before they move, we have gone too far to let them get away. You know what will happen if they do."

I looked at Dusk with a confused expression, "Them? What is she talking about?"
He smiled and put his hoof on my head, "IT's nothing that you need to worry about at your current age, and hopefully you will never have to find out." Dusk took his hoof off of my head and gave ditzy a serious look, "I know what happens, all the intel will be lost and we'll have to start at square one again."

I started at the two as they shook hoofs, and bid eachother farewell. Ditzy stood beside me as my brother walked away. Tears began to run down my face as he dissapeared. Ditzy hugged me tightly, "You should really get some sleep, we have a long trip ahead of us tommorrow."

I slowly turned to her, "Can i sleep with you?"

She brushed my mane out of my eyes and smiled, "Of course you can." I watched her as she walked to the fire and layed down, she patted the ground beside her, "Don't be shy."

I trotted over to the spot and layed down beside her, pushing into her fur. Feeling safe and secure I quickly fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long, took a break from writing and I found it a bit hard to get back into. I do plan on making longer chapters.

Comments ( 2 )

Why are the chapters so short?

7051704 Been between work and editing videos, it's hard to work on chapters. I'm going to start working on time organization so I have more time to work on my stories. Thanks for the input :)

Login or register to comment