• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 1,904 Views, 61 Comments

Wayward Hearts - SilverTopHat



Trixie summons a human into Equestria! But The human has other plans other than bringing her fame and glory. Come join the adventures of a lost human and his travels across this brightly colored world and discover that friends come in all sizes.

  • ...
11
 61
 1,904

Chapter 2 Summoned

Chapter 2

Summoned

The pain in my head was intense, what was I doing? The blue sky and the distant bird song gave me no answer. I remember walking out of my house to go to a friends, then the sky turned black and. . . I got struck by lightning! Panic bubbled to the surface as I searched my body checking for burns or anything really. My body seemed to be undamaged, other than the murderous headache. The giant wedge slammed into my head and cracking my head filling it with pain as I sat up too fast forcing me back onto the soft grass.

Grass? I was in a city. I looked around at my surroundings and all I saw was trees. I stood up much slower this time. The forest roof was so tightly knit together so that the suns fingers of light could barely poke through. The underbrush was so thick that only deer paths could be found. Despite the general sinister look the forest had only filled me with a sense of adventure. Vines dangled low enough to get in my face, strange birds squawked in the distance along with a lions roar.

Wait what! Lions in a forest! I looked around for anything that could work as a weapon. I sprang up to my feet, grabbed at a sizable branch from the closest tree and snapped it off. I broke off most of the smaller branches that would get in the way of gripping it. My body was shaking uncontrollably at the idea of having to fight a lion out here. Taking a deep breath and steeling myself I picked a path and ran away from the roar. Well hopefully away from the roar sound gets distorted in some places, I hope this is not one of those places. I struck as the underbrush causing small animals to flee in all directions. The few sounds I could hear was the rhythm of my feet and the cacophony that was my heart.

My lungs burned for air as I tore through the forest at an impressive pace. I loved camping in forests for extended periods of time, I knew how to be outside. However wild animals tended to stay away from campers, unless they're hungry. The forest was thinning out and I could hear galloping close by! Hopefully I can ask whoever it was where I am and go home!

A growl came closer from behind me I spun around with the stick swinging with all my might. The stick whiffed above the wolfs head but it wasn't the wolf that made me scream it was the tiny fact that the wolf was ENTIRELY MADE OF FREAKING WOOD! The creature was as surprised as I was yelping as its ears were the only things that I did hit.

I did not let it react as I carried the force of the blow from behind to an overhead strike right between its ears. The creature yelped and jumped back baring its wooden teeth, which reminded me of toothpicks. I stepped forward for another strike with determination hammering it again and again. I don't know if I'm actually doing damage or not since I don't know if this thing had organs or not. The wooden creature decided that it took on prey that it couldn't handle and ran.

I dove through the underbrush in the opposite direction and broke into a run trying to lose the wooden creature. Hopefully it didn't have a wonderful sense of smell. The galloping was closer but slower now more like a trot. I broke through the last leafy barrier and my legs crashed into something rather solid which gave out a pained shout. I tumbled with the strange figure until we smacked into a tree.

I rubbed my head and looked around for my branch but it was nowhere to be found. A light blue pony with a purple cape and pointy hat which was covered in stars laid on the road beside me. The pony was only shuddering and making small whimpers. I got up slowly and noticed the streaks of blood caked into the pony's coat. I looked around to see if that wooden creature I had scared off was back with friends or not. I walked over to the injured pony. It was so strange, it sounded like it was crying and shuddering but its hooves were over its eyes.

“Rainbow Dash! Are you happy now! Wasn't it enough to chase me out of town! Do you really have to keep this up!?” The pony cried out voice cracking with stress. I stumbled backwards in shock. It can freaking talk!? What in the world. Was there more like this one? I know I'm tall six-foot-five-ish and this pony is small but it's hard to tell how tall this pony is. My focus was broken when I heard rapid foot steps accompanied with a howl.

I could leave this pony to its fate but it spoke to me. Even though it mistook me for someone else. It could tell me where I am and possibly help me, I bared my teeth and turned to the direction of the howl. I didn't have to wait long for the wooden wolf to emerge from the brush I had just came from.

“Back for round two, huh. Fine.” I snarled at the wolf and we began to circle one another. “Hey, whoever you are. Can you walk?” I asked while locking eyes with the wolfs glowing green.

It lunged forward at my ankles and got a kick in the face for its reward. I fell for it's feign and it bit deep into my boot and locked its jaw there shaking its head.

“Oh no you don't!” I roared in my head. I dropped my full weight into the wooden monster forcing its head to one side. I then grabbed its front leg and lifted it straight up the wood cracked and splintered until it snapped off completely.

The beast released its grip on me and whimpered in pain trying to get away from me. However I was lost in the moment and didn't let up, I pounced on the beast cracking and breaking until its head came off in my hands. I hurled the lifeless head further down the road, adrenaline still pumping through my veins as I tore into the body until it was nothing but sticks.

After the adrenaline wore off I looked around for its friends but all I saw was the light blue pony. It looked at me with wonder as it limped forward. “Are you real?” It asked with a hoarse voice looking me up and down and back to the wolf.

“Yes,” I said slowly catching my breath. “I'm very real. My name is Michael. What was that thing?” I asked gesturing to the now pile of kindle.

“That was a timber wolf, and you killed it.” It said unbelieving then looked up at me quizzically. “What are you?”

“I am a human. What's your name?” I said calmly.

“I,” she said while puffing her chest out, “am The Great and Powerful Trixie most powerful unicorn mare in Equestria!”

“I see. And how did you get all those wounds?” I said evenly trying not to laugh at the small pony, which only came up to my elbows. She scowled at the mention of her wounds and only looked to the side in anger.

“That doesn't matter,” She grumbled. “What matters is that I did summon a creature from myth! You! And now, everyone will see that I AM The Great and Powerful Trixie.” She declared with some flourish of her cape.

“You? So you're the one to blame for that lightning bolt.” I said good naturedly but she looked shocked and slumped.

“Yes.” Barely came out louder than a whisper.

“Hey,” I said kneeling down putting a hand on her hat and rubbed it a bit. “I was just teasing. Now tell me, how did you do it?”

“I used my magic, with my horn.” She said as her hat was levitated off of and revealed her horn. I stared at it dumbly for a few seconds. Magic? A sense of excitement shivered through my body. And here it is! A talking unicorn!

Her face was a mess, blood was caked around her nose and bruises decorated her face. She studied me as I studied her. After a while I stood up looking into the forest for green eyes. “Can you walk? You look pretty beat up.” I asked.

“Yes,” Trixie said struggling to her fee- erm, hooves. The sun was setting and the forest began to look foreboding in the waning sun. “I have come this far on my own, Neighbraska isn't far now.” The wind began to pick up tossing my hair around. Unfortunately the wind also blew across the cuts and bites I got from the damn Timber wolf! On closer inspection the wounds weren't to serious but did they hurt! Must have some slivers or something in them.

The dirt road was very well kept despite not being paved, I guess paved roads are hard on hooves? Although Trixie says she's fine her staggering walk says otherwise. I had to wait at several points for her to either catch her breath or for her to catch up. A fat rain drop hit my face interrupting my train of thought. I looked up to the sky for a reason. The clouds had been scattered before and not giving the usual signs of rain. However the clouds now were zipping around like they had a mind of their own.

“What?” Trixie said between gasps. “Don't you have weather teams from where your from?” She asked as if I was a moron however her bitterness was lost to my ears. Pegasus? Wow!

“No, the weather happened on its own. The only weather teams we had were people who made guesses at what it was going to do.” I stated watching the clouds still zip about in wonder. I spared a moment to look at Trixie, she was exhausted. Her legs wobbled non-stop, She struggled with keeping hey eyes open, and her breathing has become a chore for her.

I sighed and turned to Trixie. “Look you can't fool me, you're about to pass out.” I began sternly. “I'm going to carry you to this Neighbraska.” I knelt down with my back to her. “Climb onto my back.” I commanded. Trixie began to make a halfhearted protest and wobbled past me when she tripped over her own hooves. I walked over and moved her to my back piggy-back style, she didn't have much strength to struggle, only enough to bop my head about and grumbling in my ear.

“This is so undignified.”

“It's called caring for the well being of another.”

“Do you have to place your hooves there?!”

“I am grabbing my wrist. And it's the only thing keeping you on my back. And they're called hands.”

The back and forth bickering lasted for a while until she fell asleep. Rain started to fall when I saw lights in the distance. And it didn't just start with a light drizzle, IT CAME DOWN LIKE SOMEONE DROPPED A HAT! The lightening and thunder was like some kid trying to learn how to play the drums! And yet Trixie slept on! I picked up the pace to a jog, wow she hardly weighed anything! Maybe I should be worried about that. . .

“Trixie! Trixie over here!” A voice shouted over the roar of the rain. A silhouette of a unicorn waved to me from a door frame. I sloshed through the rising water and almost slipped once. The unicorn had a light tan coat which was spattered in paint with a mane of yellow sand also spattered in paint. I must have been a sight to behold, soaked to the bone, hair hanging in my face carrying her friend. She gasped as I pushed past her trying to get out of the torrent.

Half finished paintings littered the room, paint cans were neatly stacked in every corner. A couch caught my eye and I moved toward it to deposit Trixie.

“I can explain most things,” I said quickly. “However there are a few things to understand. I was summoned by Trixie here. I'm human. And I mean you no harm.” I sputtered quickly. The words barely left my mouth when I realized how stupid I just sounded. The only thing I could say to make this even more stupid is the “Take me to your leader” bit. Heck, this pony may not even be her friend and I just barged into her house. Real freaking smooth dude.

I swept my wet hair out of my eyes and turned to the unicorn. “Please tell me your Trixie's friend. She is in a pretty bad condition.” I asked pleadingly. She nodded once and tried to comprehend all that I had said. She blinked at me a couple of times and mumbled something about cleaning Trixie up and soup. I went over to the fireplace that I hadn't noticed on my initial look around. I kicked off my boots and placed my socks near them and placed both near the fire place. I looked around to for a blanket so I could give my clothes a chance to dry.

Other than the rug there was nothing to cover myself in substitute. The unicorn came back into the room with bowls of soup with a celery stalk sticking out of it.

“I think,” The paint stained unicorn said slowly. “we should start with introductions. I am Sapphire Hoof. I am a painter,” She said while waving her hoof around. She handed me a bowl of soup. “I am good friends with Trixie, although she usually just crashes here when shes down on her luck.” Sapphire Hoof looked at Trixie with a sad expression. “It seems to be worse than usual.”

“I don't know what happened to her. However I can tell you shes made an enemy or two. Oh, My name is Michael. Slayer of one Timber Wolf.” I added sarcastically. “Do you have a blanket?” I asked with a lopsided grin. She nodded and left the room. The soup was warm in my hands and the brew smelled kinda funny, not exactly sure what it's made of. I took a tentative sip of the soup and made a face. I didn't really like soup, it's too much like drinking warm water with little floaters in it. It did however taste like celery so I choked down the brew and tried so very hard not to think about it.

The celery stalk was easily the best part of the soup! She came back with a two blankets, a sponge and a bowl of water. She levitated one over to me and began to clean up Trixie. I wrapped myself in the blanket and got my wet clothes off, except for my underwear. I did have some sense of decency. I gasped aloud when I peeled my pants off, raw pain racing up my legs. I looked at the pants and saw that it had long tears with blood caked into it.

Sapphire Hoof saw the wounds and about lost it. She sprang up and as fresh blood dripped on the floor. “It only looks bad.” I said through gritted teeth. “Do you have any clean cloth?” I asked her. She levitated some bandages from beneath the clutter and gave it to me. I took the bandages and wrapped my leg tight. Thank you boy scouts for basic first aid! She applied some cool salve on my back, which did sting a little bit causing a hiss out of me.

“Where were you? Running through the Everfree Forest!?” Sapphire Hoof scolded me.

“W-where?” I answered through clenched teeth. “I was in a forest but I don't know if I was in the Everfree forest.”

“Ack! How much do humans bleed?” She asked when she noticed the bandages starting to soak through.

“Not sure, but I feel fine. Tired but fine.” I said with a dismissive gesture. “You might want to wash your hooves though.” I added. I stared into the fire and watched it's dance for a while trying to sort through what happened today. Trixie was awake now and talking to Sapphire Hoof. Trixie scoffed at the soup but ate it anyway. She told her tale about how her show went in a place called Ponyville and what went wrong. It seems I was summoned miles away from the summoner. Sapphire was cleaning Trixie's bruises and cuts, mostly she was just tired.

“What! What do you mean your stage was set on fire!” Sapphire practically shouted.

“The spell set the stage on fire nopony started the fire. But the things they threw at me wasn't soft. Why, even Rainbow Dash hounded me down for a few miles. Me! The Great and Powerful Trixie!” Trixie cried out, more closer to whining personally. But she did get ran out of town.

“But what about that thing over there?” Sapphire whispered to Trixie. “Do you think we can trust it?”

“Of course! Michael took on a Timber Wolf all by himself! And carried me here!” Trixie exclaimed. “Of course we can trust him. Although he seems to be asleep.”

“No, just thinking.” I responded still staring into the fire. “I'm just coming to terms with the possibility of never seeing friends, home and family again. That's all.” I said trying not to sound like a crying moron. “But I'll get over it. Eventually.” I added. The room went silent as my words sank in. The fire had burned down to embers but with a good breath I set it ablaze again. It also blew some ash into my eyes, a familiar discomfort. Sapphire placed a comforting hoof on my shoulder.

“Don't worry. Even if you can't go back, you'll always be welcomed here.” She said cheerfully. I smiled back hopefully. OK, maybe it won't be so bad here.

I curled up as best to accommodate my aches. The most bizarre thing that helped me sleep was listening to Trixie breathe while she slept. Slept crept on me like a cat would suddenly and unexpectedly. Dreams were always strange for me. I either didn't have any and just float in the void of my mind fully aware of the passage of time or I had some crazy ones which made no sense. Void dreams were more common that not.

The dawn jabbed it's unwanted fingers into my eyes disturbing me from my sleep. The light was so sudden I jerked my head back hitting something and causing a painting to hit my head.

“And the fingers of dawn has a hammer to boot!” I thought miserably rubbing my head. I looked at what hit me, another half finished painting of some pony I don't know. I put it back on its resting place without a thought.


I slipped into my now dried clothes, which smelled delightfully of campfire ash, and looked around. Trixie and Sapphire Hoof were nowhere to be found all except for a note on the door. The strange runes and letters made no sense to me but I felt that she would be back soon. Well that's fine gives me time to poke around the kitchen.

My heart fell into the abyss that resided in my stomach when I found no meat anywhere. Come to think about it, there was no refrigerator in the room. Only endless amounts of plants and salad goods. As strange as it was I resigned to a vegetarian breakfast. Karma can be a very, very cruel mistress. Then again it made sense that they would only eat plants. It would be kinda freaky if they did eat meat. The images of Sapphire Hoof covered in blood eating some unrecognizable lump of meat would haunt me for the rest of the day.

Sometimes, I really hate my imagination.

There was also no salad dressing to cover the bowl of leafy greens in. so I made a very fruit orientated salad and tried very hard not to think of the image I had conjured and failing miserably. “No silverware either.” I thought as I closed another drawer with a sigh. Right why would they have silverware they don't have thumbs!

I heard the door open followed by several hoof beats. “Trixie I said you didn't have to come along. You should be taking it easy anyway.” Sapphire scolded.

“The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't let simple bruises get in the way of daily life.” Trixie boomed into the house making me jump a little. “But I do need to rest my hoofs from all that walking you made me do!” she finished accusingly

“It was across the street. . .” I heard Sapphire sigh deeply as she carried paper sacks into the room I was eating breakfast. “Oh! Good morning.” She said as the bags floated around me to set on the other end of the small circular table.

“Good morning.” I replied still a little tired. I put my palm on my chin and twisted my neck in attempts to get rid of the pain in my neck from sleeping of the floor. The series of cracks and pops coming from my neck terrified the light tan unicorn as she rushed to my side checking my neck.

“Ohmygosh! Did you break your neck! Why would you do that!” She exploded in concern taking me by surprise while her hooves quickly checked my head making sure I didn't break anything.

“I'm okay! I'm okay! Really I am.” I cried out from under the sudden outburst. Sapphire, satisfied that I wasn't broken, began to scold me that I might do some serious damage to my neck since I wasn't a qualified chiropractor, a doctor to fix your back and the long lasting injuries I might acquire from “adjusting” my neck. I sat there finishing my breakfast while listening to her scolding.

When she turned away from me to put away her groceries I saw a strange tattoo on her flank; it was a paint brush with paint splattering a blank canvas.

“So where did you get that tattoo?” I asked pointing at her flank.

“That's my cutie mark, I got it when I learned what my special talent is.” She answered. “Although I love being a painter it doesn't make as much Bits as you would think, so I work at the clinic in Ponyville part time.”

Bits must be what they use for money, well at least it isn't something silly like bottle caps! Trixie wobbled in with an annoyed grimace.

“I have a splitting headache, Sapphire. I really would like it if you kept it down. What could he possibly do that would make you screech like that.” I twisted and repeated the quick succession of cracks and pops from my neck. Trixie's eyes widened and gasped loudly letting the large pointy hat slump over her eyes.

“Trixie! I'm alright! All my joints are kinda creaky.” I said between laughing. Something bopped me in the head fairly hard. Sapphire stood there with a rolled up newspaper and a disapproving look.

“What did I just get done telling you?” She said irritated.

“Don't pop your own neck?” I answered still with a smile on my face.

“That's right.” She said and bopped me again for good measure. I got up and cleaned the bowl I was eating out of and put it back and returned to the living room to put my boots back on. Trixie sat on the couch next to me. Well, okay “sitting” may not be the correct word for resting herself on the couch but for lack of better word I'll stick with it. Looked like she was resting her haunches or flanks on the couch at least.

“Hey, Trixie.” I asked with a concerned tone.

“What.” She replied flatly.

“What do I do now. I'm a human in a pony world.” I said slightly put out. “Where would I fit in?”

“Yes, The Great and Powerful Trixie will solve your little problem.” She declared while briefly holding her head. “Ah, of course. You will serve me and be part of my show.” She exclaimed like she had a brilliant idea. I looked at Trixie like she was crazy but thought better about it, I guess being part of a on the road carnival did sound like fun! And I could go places without a fancy reason.

“So, what can you do?” Trixie asked quizzically. I gave it some thought, what would ponies find entertaining? I mean, sure I'm pretty weird but they have magic. What could top that? Other than just a freak show attraction I had no idea.

“Well who else is in this road show?” I asked quizzically. Trixie's eyes drooped and looked kinda sad.

“Just me.” she said quietly. I blew a lungful of air out thoughtfully.

“I don't have magic so I can't help in that department,” I said sadly I looked Trixie over and my eyes rested on a fading bruise and like a bolt of lightening I got an idea. “A body guard!” I exclaimed jumping to my feet. And slamming my head on the short ceiling.

“Huh, what are you talking about?” Trixie asked flinching at the sudden noise.

“Ouch! The last time you went somewhere and thrown out you got hurt pretty badly. What if you had someone to protect you from that? Or on the road?” I explained excitedly. “You saw what I did to that Timber Wolf! Just imagine what I could do with a real weapon!”

“What do you mean a real weapon? What is a weapon?” Trixie asked while raising an eyebrow.

“A weapon is a tool of defense but not like a shield or armor. It's something you can use to strike back at your opponent.” I answered.

“How is that supposed to help my show?” She asked impatiently. I visually deflated and unceremoniously fell into the couch. I racked my brain for a while longer still drawing a blank. Mentally kicking myself for losing my composure right then.

I chuckled and admitted defeat. “I guess it's the freak show for me.” I admitted with sarcastic cheer. Trixie groaned while holding her head with both hooves now.

“Why do you have to talk so loud!” She practically growled. “You will do whatever I tell you to do. Got it?” Well I wasn't going to argue with her. However I was growing concerned about her headache. I got up to find Sapphire about getting Trixie something for her pain. The house was quiet other than Trixie's soft moaning and Sapphire was probably in the other room. And yet, my teeth are on edge and my heart just won't stop pounding. I suppose this is anxiety?


The uneasy feeling wouldn't let up, I forced my breathing to slow and my steps to be quieter. I cautiously crept back into the kitchen and saw Sapphire Hoof fussing over salves and tonics. She was trying to make some brew and overhead some of hear near silent muttering.

“. . .A concussion. . .internal bleeding? nah. . . rising fever. . .”

“Will she really be OK?” I asked failing to keep the edge off my voice. Sapphire jumped at my voice and looked at me. “Don't sneak up on me,” she gently chided me. “She'll need rest for sure but we need to watch her in case her cold gets worse.” If all she had was just a cold, so why do I feel on edge? Sapphire turned her head and levitated the medicine into the front room. Feeling embarrassed for my behavior and mentally kicking myself for good measure. Sapphire woke Trixie and placed the cup in her hooves. Trixie made a face when she sipped on the brew.

“Ugh! Sapphire this is disgusting!” Trixie whined pitifully

“If you want to get better then you'll need to drink this.” Sapphire coaxed.

“Your potions always make me sleepy though.” Trixie shot back.

“That's just to numb the aches.” Sapphire said defensively. After a few moments Trixie fell asleep. “How far is Ponyville.” I asked breaking the silence.

“Oh, a few hours if you catch the train there. Closer to a whole day or two if you walked it.” Sapphire mused. “Why?” She asked flatly.

“Just trying to piece together a mental map.” I answered still on edge. Sapphire made a show about walking over and placing a hoof on my forehead. “Hmm.” She mused. “Just as I feared. Cabin fever. It's almost evening now and you've been cooped in here pacing all day.” She began to nudge me to the door. “I think all that you need is to stop worrying and walk around. Go out and meet some new ponies.” I spun around and gripped her head in my hands to stop Sapphire from pushing me. Did I sleep `till noon!!

“Hey! Human remember! How would they react?!” I demanded obviously panicked.

She wiggled out of my hands and spoke patiently. “Look meeting new ponies can be very nerve wracking but you are letting your fears get the best of you. Everypony here is very friendly.” She insisted and when I went to dodge her horn glowed. Next thing I know I was dumped outside with the door closed. The sun was at an angle slanting right into my eyes. How did the time slip by me this quickly?

Well several ponies were staring at me with wide eyes. I blinked a few times and decided to act as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I stood up dusted my pants, picked a direction, waved at the ponies and started walking. I was halfway down the street when I remembered I only saw Sapphires house in last night torrent of rain. Feeling like the perfect fool I went down the same street again. I tried to avoid eye contact with anypony. The town was very pretty none the houses looked the same as if the architect was trying to give each house a theme. After a while of awkward waves and stares I found a bench and sat down taking in the sun set.


My stomach growled loudly making me jump and become aware of my hunger. Truth be told I wasn't looking forward to another salad meal. I needed something with meat. Wow that sounded sinister I thought in hindsight. Regardless of what these ponies ate I needed something different. If memory serves correctly peanut butter has protein, or was that a rumor? My train of thought was interrupted by someone crying. I looked around and saw a small pony looking around lost while crying. I looked around for the small ponies parents but the sun had settled blanketing the land in cool darkness.

“Poor thing is probably lost.” I thought sadly.

“At least its closer to home than I am.” I stood up and walked over to the crying pony. The pony had a nice teal coat with a rather pale mane with orange eyes.

“Yo,” I said getting its attention. “Are you lost?” The pony's eyes widened at me but nodded its head. “Hey, we have something in common. I'm lost too.” I said cheerfully. The small pony sniffled in response looking at me wistfully.

“M-my name is Icecube.” The small pony said. I knelt down and ruffled its mane.

“My name is Michael.” I answered with a smile. “And I'm here to help you.” We both got up and began to wander around town. I saw a pegasus zip around with a lighter in its mouth lighting the lamps. It zipped by me too quickly to ask it anything and there was no one else walking around at this time. I looked down at the Icecube and noticed that it was starting to fall asleep while walking. Mental note: ask Sapphire Hoof how to identify gender on ponies because they all look the same to me!

“Hey Icecube, do you know a unicorn called Sapphire hoof?” I asked gently.

“Hmm?” Icecube said tiredly.

“Sapphire Hoof. Do you know her?” I asked again.

“Yes.” Icecube answered.

“Well lets go to her maybe she can get in touch with your parents.” I answered.

We retraced my step until we got to Sapphires house. Or what I hoped was Sapphires house. I opened the door and was relieved when I saw the random unfinished paintings around the room.

“C'mon Icecube everything will be OK now.” I encouraged. I looked around for Sapphire and found her in the kitchen using her horn to levitate a pencil doing some paperwork of some kind.

“Hey Sapphire,” Sapphire perked up at her name and looked over to me and looked down to Icecube. “This is Icecube and is in need of help.”

“I think he does. it's almost his bedtime.” She said quietly. She walked over and unburied a phone from a pile of papers. And began dialing something, satisfied that she was on it and did know the pony's parents.

I sat down next to Trixie making sure not to disturb her sleep. Icecube dragging its hooves came over and struggled onto the couch and onto my lap. I could hear Sapphire talking in the other room and the smell of the fire's ashes made me drowsy.

“I see you made a friend.” Sapphire said suddenly next to me with a grin. I jumped a little making me shake Icecube a bit. OK I had that coming I guess I thought bitterly.

“It was an accident.” I replied sarcastically. Sapphires grin widened into a smile.

“Of course it was.” She said bopping me gently. “His parents should be by soon.” I looked to Icecube and sighed outwardly. My stomach practically roared at me making Icecube jump up looking around worriedly.

“Sorry that was my stomach. I need to go eat dinner, or supper. Whatever that last meal of the day is called.” I blathered sliding Icecube into my place as I got up. I walked over into the kitchen and rummaged through the pantry for food. “Hey Sapphire, do you have anything with protein?” I asked over my shoulder.

“I have some eggs.” She offered but I got the feeling it was a very weird question to ask. She found a carton of eggs and placed it on the table. I took them and cleaned off the stove and began to cook the eggs and looked around for spice.

“What in Celestia's name are you doing?!” Sapphire exclaimed rushing over to see me crack eggs into the pan.

“I'm cooking eggs.” I said bewildered.

“You can't eat that! Not like that! Eggs are used to make cakes and bread!” She tried to explain to me and trying to take the pan away.

“This is how humans eat eggs!” I countered. “You don't get teeth like these by eating vegetables!” I snapped then showed my teeth. This probably was the dumbest thing I did since I got here. She used her magic to jerk my mouth wider as she stared at the canines in my mouth.

“Then you eat meat! But I saw you eat salad earlier!” She said alarmed.

“Hu`ans are o`ni`ores! `oth ani`als and ve`eta`les are equally edi`le!” I said my with mouth cranked open while keeping the eggs on the fire.

“What in Celestia's name is that smell!” Trixie cried out from the other room.

“Michael is cooking eggs!” Sapphire called out.

“Are we interrupting something Sapphire?” Said a new voice. Icecube's parents at the door with hoofs over there noses while I stood there with my mouth wrenched open and kitchen in near disarray. I began to flush a deep red and flicked Sapphires horn, which disrupted her levitation. Sapphire galloped to the ponies and levitated Icecube over to them.


Icecube's parents made a gesture toward me and Trixie leaped to the chance to announce her great achievement. I sat in the kitchen and ate my eggs while I watched as Icecube left with his parents but not before wiggling a hoof in goodbye to me. Sapphire turned to me and looked shocked that I was eating the eggs and began to move to me. I shoved the remaining of the eggs into my mouth chewed twice and swallowed painfully before she could force them out of my mouth.

Sapphire looked kinda mad and disgusted now. “I can't believe you ate that.” She said disbelief heavy in her voice.

“It was very delicious.” I smirked back. Sapphire opened up several windows in attempt to air the room out. I turned around and an apple was shoved in my mouth with a very cross looking Trixie.

“Your breath smells terrible. So you'll eat this apple to cover it up!” Trixie ordered. Fine with me I was still hungry.

Well since the smell was on my clothes and ponies have a better sense of smell or so said Sapphire I was thrown outside to sleep. OK I probably deserved this too. Still, this was going to be a rough night. I found a shed in her backyard with, surprise surprise, gardening tools.