• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 448

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: The town of Alihorn

Celestia watched as Steeltrix and IronBlood began to tidy up the cottage. They had been living in the forest now for a while, having its trees become their home and eating what food they could find. She noticed that though they didn't wear armor, she saw the glimmer of steel from under their hoods. Luna was at the fire, making sure it was nice and blazing warm. The hole in the wall had been quickly repaired, which surprised Celestia considering Steeltrix and IronBlood were the sons of an armor and weapon forger. But, as she tried to cook something for the four of them to eat, her mind began to drift back to the room with the armor suits.

then, Steeltrix walked to that very room's door and as he took the key from a nearby desk, he opened it with a click before pushing it in.
"Hello there, handsome. Thanks for guarding my armor and my weapon." She heard him say from the room as IronBlood entered the room.
She heard the rattling of armor moving and she heard a sword being slid into a sheathe and as she came out of the kitchen to enter the armor room, Luna also came to look at the two.

They entered the room and found IronBlood and Steeltrix slowly getting into their armor. Their cloaks and their previous weapons were with the statues and as she watched them, she felt sorry for them.

Steeltrix was a beautiful black unicorn, his body not exactly ripped with muscles but he wasn't lacking muscles. As he put on his armor, he already had himself covered in chain-mail and he had his helmet on. His eyes were a beautiful dark green and as he finished putting on his chest plate, he began on his flank armor.

His brother was a grey unicorn, his body also slightly muscular. His eyes were a lighter blue and as he also began to work on his flank armor, his chain-mail armor slightly scraped with his chest armor.

Luna asked them, “When was your armor made? It seems so new."

"When we became of age to begin some training, our father taught us how to make weapons and armor. He also taught us how to climb trees with our climbing claws and also how to fight. So, when we were supposed to become fully initiated Warrior ponies, we would be bestowed this armor." Said Steeltrix as he finished his flank armor and began on his boots and leg armor." But, alas, when he died.... We knew we would have to find another way."

Then, as they both finished up, Celestia watched as they put some armor on their necks. Then, they put on their boots a circle that had four, sharpened claws that jutted off it.

"Those are you climbing claws? Never knew they even existed." Said Celestia.

"Our dad used them during his time off from war to help keep in shape. But in combat, they can truly become something deadly." Said IronBlood as the two Warriors looked at the princesses.

"Come. It’s time to eat, I guess." Celestia said as she left the room with Luna in tow.

Before leaving, the two warriors turned around and inclined their heads to their father’s armor and Steeltrix said in a low tone, “We shall honor your memory. You will not go unavenged, we swear."

And then they left the room, leaving the armor of Irontrix alone in the room.

As the sun rose into the sky, Celestia rose from her bed as she began another day in the cottage of Irontrix. When she had finished with her armor and had her weapon, she left the room to find Steeltrix and IronBlood in the living room, asleep in opposite chairs. They still wore their armor on and as she entered the room, she gently said to both of them, “Steeltrix, IronBlood, wake up."

To her surprise, they both opened their eyes slowly as they shot her a sideways glanced.

"How long have you been up?" She asked as they slowly stood up from their chairs.

"Not that long. Only a half-hour or so. So, what are we going to do today?" Said IronBlood.

"We need to get a bit more supplies, the stuff that we can only get from a market. We have food to last us a long while but we need some proper stuff to prepare it all because of how much there is. By any chance is there a nearby village?"

"Yeah. Not too far up the road is the small, humble village of Alihorn. We've only occasionally visited it just to make sure we weren't missing out on anything big." Said IronBlood. "If need be, me and Steeltrix will gladly put on our cloaks and go there to get us some of these needed supplies."

"Well, we would like to join you, however." Said Luna.

Both Warrior ponies looked at each other before Steeltrix looked at the two princesses and said to them, “Are you sure? Your father is out looking for you, with the intent of something that will cause Equestria to fall into ruin."

"We can borrow your cloaks to use, can't we?" Asked Celestia.

Steeltrix thought about it." Never thought about that... Alright but you must act like some foreigner or maybe a peasant. Anyone who finds out you’re a princess... Well, most likely they will report you to the Shadow warriors."

"I think I can handle being a peasant for a day... It shouldn't be too hard." Said Celestia as she began to go and put on Steeltrix's cloak.
The town was full of hustle and bustle as Celestia, Luna, Steeltrix, and IronBlood walked through its only road to anywhere. Underneath her cloak, Celestia watched the activities of the ordinary pony peasant as the group neared the market. She saw a merchant arguing with a farmer over a crate of what looked to be very prime, red apples, their skin gleaming in the sunlight.

She saw a forger finishing up on making what looked to be a shovel and then he placed it on a nearby shelf with several other tools.
She saw what looked like Militia ponies, ponies that have very basic military knowledge, patrolling around with only spears.

"By the way, Steeltrix, can you help us sharpen our weapons when we get back to the cottage?" Celestia asked Steeltrix as they walked along.

"Of course. I should have realized it when I looked over your spear. I'm assuming Luna has the same problem?" Said Steeltrix.

Celestia nodded as they continued on.

The town wasn't very large, having only a market, a forgery, a few large homes, and a single tavern. There were only a few ponies here but as they walked along towards the market, she heard the laughter and shouts coming from the tavern.

"Alright, we only have so much money to spend. Although I will admit, we do take what we can from dead Shadow warriors." Said IronBlood guilty.

Luna shot him a look but said nothing as they walk along and into the market. Stalls full of food, tools, fabrics, metal work, and more were lining the road, merchants calling out prices. The smell of so much food and spices was overpowering to Celestia as they walked along and she sneezed as she said, “Wow... What's that smell?"

"That's the smell of spices from the Eastern Province. That food is from the Western Realm and those metal works are from the North Fiefdom." Said Steeltrix.

"How can you tell? I'm a Princess and even I can't recognize such things." Said Celestia.

"Not to be rude or mean but you don't know because your knowledge was meant to be focused on ruling a kingdom, not this sort of stuff." Said IronBlood as he approached a stall with some pots and dining ware.

Celestia looked all around her as she made sure to never forget this moment in her life.

Then, there were shouts from nearby and she turned her head to see a group of Shadow Warriors coming through the market, armed with spears and shields.

"Behind us." Steeltrix pushed Celestia behind him as IronBlood did the same with Luna.

Celestia bowed her head as the warriors walked past and as Steeltrix and IronBlood stood strong before the Shadow warriors, the Shadow warriors merely kept going although one bowed his head to the duo. When the warriors had left and passed, Celestia came out from behind Steeltrix and said, “Do you think they were looking for us?"

"No... They would have immediately gone for you. No, I believe with confidence that they were out for patrol." Steeltrix said as he approached another nearby stall that had some silverware and other dining utensils.

When they had left the market, they had with them a bag of bowls, pots, pans, and other things while the gold pouch hanging from IronBlood's armor was now a little bit thinner than before. The sun was beginning to go down and as the town more or less quieted down, the group began the trek back to the cottage. But as they walked along, Steeltrix looked towards the tavern before saying to the others," You all go on ahead. I'm going to check up on the news."

"Don't get yourself into trouble. I won't be able to bail you." Come the reply from IronBlood but he and the two princesses continued on the road as Steeltrix began to walk towards the tavern, its lights illuminating a little bit of the area.

Steeltrix came to the door of tavern, named "the ProudHoof", and he pushed open its door as a wave of noise crashed over his ears. Laughing, shouting, belching, and more assaulted his ears as he entered and closed the door.

Round tables were set up all around with four chairs set around each of them. There was a nearby bar set up with stools and several barrels of ale, mead, and bear were out next to it. All around, there were ponies from all the four corners of the kingdom and as he found a nice, somewhat quiet spot in a corner, a bartender came up to him.

He ordered only small water and as Steeltrix waited, he carefully eavesdropped on all of the conversations in the vicinity:

"... And did ya' hear that those North Ponies are at it again? I swear, they won't ever give up till they are all exterminated..."

"... And another patrol went missing out into the South Lands. Those barbaric Hulu warriors have still been holding out, even with at least three armies besieging them..."

"... And it’s huge! How can the King believe that making this new floating city in the sky will please the gods above...?"

"I heard that the Kings daughters, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia ran away from the castle. I hear he will give ten thousand gold coins to have those two brought back." Said a nearby pony. Steeltrix dropped off all other conversations as he listened to what this pony had to say.

"It would explain why so many patrols have been sent out and have been scouring everyone going up and down the roads. I know of at least two caravans that were wrecked because of those Shadow warriors and I'm headed with mine to Canterlot tomorrow...”

Steeltrix took no time in gulping down his water, leaving a small tip, and then leaving as he made his way from the tavern and back out into the night.

PreviousChapters Next