• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 447 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 447

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: The day before the last battle

IronBlood looked down at the ground as he sat on his cot. After a short time of gathering the others armies, about two days, the whole Rebellion had camped out near the small village of Ponyville. It wasn't a bad place and he kinda wished they had to not fight in Ponyville. But, as Steeltrix slowly walked into the tent, he wished to have Crystal with him. He even had said that he loved her after he had read the letter and the bought pained him as he held the only memory of her, the crystal heart necklace, in his hoofs.

Steeltrix looked at his brother and sat down on his bunk as he asked," IronBlood... Are you... Okay?"

IronBlood sighed as he slowly lifted his head to see into his brothers eyes, which were filled with much concern.

"You know... I don't usually grieve much over things..." He began but then he stopped as Steeltrix nodded his head and said," Hey... I know what happened... It wasn't your fault that you couldn't go after her... I promise you, after this is all over, I will go with you and search for her... Maybe she got away and managed to escape..."

IronBlood nodded his head as Steeltrix patted his brother’s shoulder as he said," Besides, it's not like this war will go on for much longer. I already have seen the Shadow Warrior armies moving from the mountain... SoulStorm is coming to us... I need you to be 100% okay and ready to go, like you were before. I can't have my battle-buddy grieving for something he had little control over..."

IronBlood took a deep breath as he nodded his head and said," Okay... How are LightningBolt and BloodHoof doing?"

"They both are with the princesses. LightningBolt relieved me of my shift so I can get some rest. BloodHoof... Well, I think last time I saw him; he was painting a picture that. I think was Luna... Maybe?"

IronBlood chuckled as he said," What about Celestia? I'm surprised you aren't doing something similar."

"Well, it's not like we can draw like BloodHoof. That guy could probably kill us with paintbrushes if he so chooses. Still, my thoughts have drifted towards Celestia but I've been running around and getting the Warriors organized with the generals to pay attention to such things."

"Well... Can you promise me one thing?" Asked IronBlood.

"Sure? What is it?" Said Steeltrix.
"If she doesn't approach you first... Could you possibly do something special for her? Maybe dance with her at the least?" Asked IronBlood.

Steeltrix blinked once as he said," IronBlood... You know I don't dance...."

"Yes you do. I still remember you can dance on thin air with that magic you have. Just... Can you please do it?" Said IronBlood.

Steeltrix sighed and then said," Okay... I will try my best... But since I don't practice I could just make a fool of myself."

IronBlood shrugged as he got up, took up his sword and shield and left the tent with Steeltrix. They walked through a huge encampment of ponies, a mixture of all of the kingdoms as shown by the symbols on their tents. Everyone was preparing for war and battle and the sound of blades being sharpened, quivers being filled, and armor being repaired created a cacophony of noise. The two passed by many Warriors as they headed for the princesses tent, which stood out on top of a hill. They walked up the hill as they finally came to the tent, where LightningBolt and BloodHoof stood watch.

"Finally came to your senses? Well, I'm sorry for your loss anyway." Said LightningBolt as all four slowly entered the tent.

For having only been rescued two days ago, the princesses had made re marble recoveries to say the least. They both were sitting on blankets and a flap of the tent was lifted to let a view of Ponyville fill the space. As the four Warriors entered, Luna turned and nodded to them as she stood up and walked towards the four.

"I think it’s time Steeltrix and Celestia to be alone...” Luna said as she met the four.

Before Steeltrix could say anything, Luna led IronBlood, LightningBolt, and BloodHoof out of tent until the occupants were Steeltrix and Celestia.

"Steeltrix..." He turned and saw Celestia looking at him.

"Steeltrix... Please sit and let us talk for some time... SoulStorm permitting..." Celestia said and Steeltrix slowly walked over before sitting next to Celestia.

"How are you doing, Celestia?" He asked her, slightly nervous at the moment.

"I'm doing much better, as is Luna... But what about. IronBlood? Has he managed to get over...? You know?" Asked Celestia.

"I finally got him to but he made me promise one thing..." Steeltrix said.

"What did he make you promise?"

Steeltrix paused before he sighed and said," He... He made me promise to basically do something special for or with you... He suggested me dancing but he also told me to use my magic while doing it... Thing is, I can't and don't dance..."

"Well... I think it’s a bit of a charming idea... Say... what is with these straps on your helmet?" Celestia tugged at the straps and undid them and Steeltrix let her do it.

The mask fell again onto the ground and Celestia paused as she saw the scar left upon Steeltrix's face. She let her hoofs drop as she asked cautiously," How... How did you get this?"

Steeltrix glanced at the face before he sighed and said," It began on the day out father died, the day we had finished becoming Warriors.
"We wore our armor for the first time and held our weapons as, under the guidance of our father, we slowly made our Warrior gems... And it was going well... Our father and mother were so proud of us that night.

"But then... A knock came to the door and our father answered it before coming back in as he closed it. He held a small, wrapped box and as we all stood around him, he slowly opened it.

"The box was featureless and when he opened it... A note and an amulet lay inside the box. The note was from SoulStorm and our father quickly read it before looking at the amulet. It was just another one but it had been crafted into the shape of his Warrior mark.
"He decided it was okay and put in on.... He... He said he felt weird....."

Celestia watch as tears from Steeltrix's entered his scar and go down his cheek as he manages to say," He became... He became a Blood Hound... Beasts the color of blood and as big as a mantacore at times... I don't know if you've seen pictures but when we saw it... The fact it was our father.... We couldn't move..."

"It roared as our mother shouted at us to run but it swiped her with its claws and killed her instantly... When it turned to us, we managed to roll but its claws got our faces... We ran for our lives and it followed but we lost it in the forests... We buried our mother at the cottage... We never went back there until you came and asked us."

"You know... We never told you this but... I and Luna were attacked the first night at the cottage by that Blood Hound... We killed it... And it dropped your fathers Warrior gems..." Celestia said.

"Did you keep the gems?" Asked Steeltrix.

"Luna has it in her bag... I'm sorry for your loss..." And then Celestia leaned over and hugged Steeltrix.

Taken aback by the sudden movement, he stood stock still as he had nothing to say or do since he was shocked. Finally, she composed herself and let him go as she said," Maybe... Maybe after tomorrow... Could you perhaps dance with me if we win?"

Steeltrix looked at Celestia and then he said to her," I promise you... As long as I am alive... But I must mention that IronBlood is going to look for Crystal... I promised to help."

"I know he would... I have a feeling that somewhere in the future... We’ll all meet up again and be happy as we once were." Celestia said.

PreviousChapters Next