• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 448

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: The Princesses bodyguards

Celestia and Luna both were walking around Alihorn, taking a short bit of time off from planning and reading reports, when they saw the army materialize from the forest.

Celestia almost panicked had she not seen Steeltrix and IronBlood leading the whole precession. They were followed by their sole company but she felt very proud that they had succeeded in their mission and as she watched the whole army slowly become fully seen, she was in awe at its size and scope.

"By SoulStorm... Well, he accomplished his mission...." Said Luna as the army began to pass them, moving in a column formation.
"Let's us hurry to meet up with them back in Alihorn. I must hear how he managed to do this...not saying I wanted him to fail." Celestia said as she began to run back to Alihorn.

As the other armies camped out around Alihorn, the leaders and commanders came to the tavern. Celestia stood with Luna, Steeltrix, IronBlood, and WolfSlayer, all still in their armor, as they stood portrayed before the other armies commander and generals.
And before them all was General WhiteWolf.

"Your highnesses, it is an honor to meet you in person... Even if this isn't a normal situation." WhiteWolf said as he bowed to the princesses.

"Welcome, General. I hope you don't hate us for taking one of your Generals for our own use." Said Celestia as she returned the bow.

"But what is my real concern is of your father... Surely he cannot have summoned Discord? I have met your father in many occasions for many reasons but the man is not one to strike me as being... So easily corrupted..."

"It’s true... And because of it, we haven't been able to do much against him until today. And only because you had your forces here, all of them." Said Luna.

WhiteWolf looked saddened by the news but then he seemed to return to his senses as he asked," If I may ask, if we were to join you, would we still be able to have our commands?"

"Of course. We are only princesses and we already have been doing that with WolfSlayer here. Steeltrix and IronBlood only had their company because they gathered it from the nearby villages and the nearby towns." Said Celestia.

And then, WhiteWolf and every pony behind him bowed to the princesses as he said," Then I, General WhiteWolf, swear loyalty to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna as my new leaders."

The other generals and commanders echoed the oath and then they rose as all left the room to tend got their troops. Except for WhiteWolf and one other pony.

The pony wore silver armor and to the eyes of Steeltrix, he was an opponent not to get close with. The pony had with him a broadsword, a machete, a scythe, and a katana. He was a unicorn and he was blue with hair of electric yellow and his Warrior mark was almost aptly a lightning bolt.

"As a gift to you, I give one of my most competent Warriors as a personal guard for you. He has proved to me to be able to handle many things." Said WhiteWolf.

"What is your name?" Asked Celestia.

The unicorn bowed as he said, “I am LightningBolt, son of Commander SilverBolt."

"LightningBolt... It is good to have you as our bodyguard, my friend. Come; join Steeltrix and IronBlood later to have a discussion about helping them form a true unit to protect us." Said Celestia as she bowed to the pony.

Steeltrix nodded to LightningBolt as they took up positions behind the two princesses.

"So," said WhiteWolf as he went to the map where much had been done by Celestia and Luna," what will be our next move against SoulStorm?"

It had been two day since the battle and now Steeltrix and IronBlood, along with their new friend LightningBolt, found themselves from being Commanders to being part of the company size Bodyguard force that were always present around both Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, either it being obvious or being hidden somewhere in the shadows. With such a unit, each was given a special look to signify their job and though everyone's normal grey-silver armor were given new decor of gold traces and lines, Steeltrix, IronBlood, and LightningBolt found themselves much more decorated.

Each of their armor was given gold linings, a blue cord trim along certain edges of their armor, symbols of the sun and moon imprinted where their eyes were, heck, even visors to protect their faces.

So now, as the very trio began to walk a short distance behind both of the princesses, they remained at a respectful distance but each was just waiting for trouble of any sort to arise.

But for the moment, they were all quietly chatting to one-another, keeping their heads forward and eyes tracking the princesses.
"So you're a North pony? Strange, you wield many weapons, not to mention weapons that aren't even from your kingdom naturally." Said IronBlood as they walked along in almost perfect step.

"Well, I did once use only my broadsword but when I came upon my other weapons and tried them out, they all gave me a sort of... Ease of motion whenever I switched them mid-combat." LightningBolt replied to IronBlood.

They continued along as they kept a watchful gaze over the princesses.

"When did you become part of General WhiteWolf's army or were you kind of forced into service?" Asked Steeltrix.

"Well, being from the North Fiefdom, I decided to join. I didn't expect, however, that I would be fighting so quickly, only three weeks after training."

"Wow, that fast? It’s a wonder you didn't die earlier." Said Steeltrix in surprise.

The princesses finally reached their destination, back at the tavern base they used often to coordinate their plans and attacks against the Central Kingdom and, most importantly, SoulStorm.

As the princesses disappeared inside, Steeltrix said," Let's go." as they all moved to the door at a running pace.

They reached the door as IronBlood opened the door, they didn't exactly rush in to the tavern. They moved through the pub as they soon clambered up the stairs, very quietly considering they wore armor. Then, they took positions up before the door and then flanked it while LightningBolt took up residence at the stairs and he effectively blocked it at the top of it.

"So, from what I know, you both are brothers and are from here. I know who your father was but what I don't understand is how you got that armor." Said LightningBolt to both Steeltrix and IronBlood.

"Well... That's a long story... let's just say that once we became of age, we began to learn to become a Warrior pony and our dad slowly taught us how to make our armor." Said IronBlood.

LightningBolt nodded his head as he said," Well, if it's anything to you both, but I find it an honor that you both are among our numbers. Being in the same unit alone is even more amazing."

"Well, to be honest, we never imagined that we would be part of this, no less being the bodyguard of the princesses." Said Steeltrix.
Then, the door opened and as they snapped to attention, Celestia and Luna exited the room and then, Luna said to the trio of Warriors, “Can I ask you all something?"

"If we weren't princesses... What would you think of us?"

Steeltrix, IronBlood, and LightningBolt kinda looked at one another as they thought about that question. Then, they seemed to come to a silent agreement and they all said in a single voice, “Friends."

That seemed to surprise Celestia and Luna and they looked at each other before they nodded and as they left, Steeltrix, IronBlood, and LightningBolt fell in behind the princesses without a word.

Steeltrix entered his room as the day finally ended. He walked over to his an armor mannequin and as he began to take off his armor pieces and put them on the mannequin. As each piece was put on the dummy, more and more memories of his past came to his mind and he pushed through them to keep from screaming.

Then, IronBlood entered and he too began to put up his armor upon his mannequin and as his brother did so, Steeltrix knew IronBlood was also fighting back memories of their past. And when they finally came to their chain mail coats, they took off the coats of chain and hung them up on a special hook next to their mannequins before they all put up their weapons.

All of a sudden, LightningBolt entered in and it sent both Steeltrix and IronBlood jumping.

"Oops, I'm sorry I scared you." LightningBolt apologized as the two brothers both soon settled down. “Say... You don't seem to be at ease... Why?"

"It’s nothing." Said IronBlood.

"If it was nothing, then you wouldn't have jumped. This is, like, what? The third time? What's the reason behind this anxiety?" Asked LightningBolt as he began to take his armor off and put it on his armor mannequin.

Steeltrix and IronBlood looked at one another, surprised by this sudden turn of events.

"What do you think is making us be jumpy?" Asked Steeltrix.

"Well, I think you went through either a very traumatic experience or that you have seen much battle that has scarred your mind." LightningBolt said.

Now the expressions for IronBlood and Steeltrix went from surprise to shock and they both looked at each other before Steeltrix said, “We... Did have a traumatic experience."

Celestia slowly walked up the stairs as Luna followed her as they prepared to go to bed. But as Celestia passed Steeltrix, IronBlood, and LightningBolts room, she caught a snatch of their conversation that made her stop for whatever reason.

"... And then, before we could react..."

"What are you doing?" Hissed Luna but Celestia shushed her as she listened in more.

"... And then... He changed... He gave both of us scars, scars that aren't normal..."

She heard someone inside gasp as Luna sighed and began to drag her sister from the door, saying," Come on, we can talk to them about it later, tomorrow in fact."

"Anyway," continued Steeltrix," the memories from that night haven't left us. We put on that armor or when we take it off, it doesn't matter. It always seems to come back and we would be screaming if we hadn't learned how to put an iron vise over our emotions."

LightningBolt seemed to be in a state of shock after hearing this and then he slowly said, “I.... I'm sorry... I-I didn't know..."

"It's okay. You're the first to hear that story in our life and though we may tell others, all we ask is that you don't tell anyone else of it." Said IronBlood.

And then, as the trio began to walk to their beds, Steeltrix went to the lamp and blew out the candle inside of it and the room was plunged into darkness.

The arena was filled with noise as at least two dozen Warrior ponies, a mixture from all the kingdoms of Equestria, and as SoulStorm watched from his personal stand, he was mostly interested in those who showed promise.

A messenger slowly approached the personal stand of SoulStorm, stopping before the Shadow Warrior guards posted at its entrance as they let him pass. He slowly walked past the many guards that were standing around the walls as he finally saw SoulStorm and he approached his Lord as he bowed and said," Lord SoulStorm, I bring word from the Fifth Shadow Warrior Army."

SoulStorm looked to the messenger and he said," Rise. Tell me, have they finally defeated the rebel ponies?"

"My lord... They're... All dead... The Sixth Shadow Warrior Army found their remains strewn around in a manner that suggests they were attacked from two sides." The messenger said.

SoulStorm mulled this over as he watched the combat go on in the arena. Another army? Who are they? SoulStorm turned back to the messenger and asked," Did they by chance find out who may have helped the rebel ponies?"

"I'm afraid not, my lord. There seemed to be no evidence of who helped them."

SoulStorm thought some more before he said," Send General BloodHoof and his Fourth Shadow Warrior Army to search the surroundings of forests around that fortress. Tell him that if he finds nothing, he is to go to Shilvan and search from there."

As the messenger bowed and left, SoulStorm thought to himself: Who would help the rebel ponies and somehow win?

PreviousChapters Next