• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 448

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: the Advance of BloodHoof

Celestia woke up to another busy morning but as she began the daily routine of putting on her armor and equipping her weapons, for some reason she felt that today was going to be a day of really good news.

Once Luna had gotten up and ready, they both left the room and immediately they were confronted by Steeltrix, IronBlood, LightningBolt, and Crystal.

And a messenger.

"What news do you bring today?" She asked the messenger.

"Princess, I have news from the Southern Lands and from the city of Manedom. The Southern Lands have sworn loyalty to us and have begun supplying us. They were moved by how your Warriors had helped the Northern Fiefdom." The messenger said.

That news was good but the she noticed he didn't say anything about Manedom and she asked him," And what of the news from Manedom? What has happened there?"

"General WhiteWolf has captured it and the outlying settlements and towns have accepted us. Already, armies are forming there and the general is returning from the campaign." Said the messenger.

Celestia looked at Luna, who smiled as Luna said," Thank you, messenger. You may be on your way."

The messenger bowed and as he left, Celestia looked at Crystal and asked," What exactly happened at your kingdom?"

Crystal seemed to be surprised but she hid the emotion quickly as she said," I'm not so sure if you should be asking me. I'm still learning what exactly happened lf. It was, after all, Steeltrix and his friends that did it."

"I know that... And I have heard their story... But I want your story on it. They even mentioned you were to be executed for trying to overthrow the fake IronFace.... Now why is that?" Said Celestia calmly.

Crystal shifted as she said," My father has always encouraged me when it comes to doing certain activities. So when I was told that I was not to leave my room unless he got me from it, I knew something was up. He would never restrict me to my room so I decided to try and find out why.

"As time went by, I began to realize that the whole kingdom was slowly being hurt by him and so, with reluctance, I began to try and make a coup to overthrow him... But I failed and as you know, I was to be executed."

Celestia did not smile but she did how her head a touch and said," Peace be with the souls of those Warriors."

They left the tavern as they began a small walk around town. Everywhere they looked, ponies were doing their part in an effort to help the Rebellion.

"So we took Manedom from SoulStorm? That only leaves Canterlot and one other small city... Can't remember it..." Said Steeltrix.

"Ponyville. The last place was Ponyville... But we still must deal with the other two kingdoms: the Eastern Providence and the Western Realm." Reminded Luna.

"The Eastern Providence.... Oh boy...." Suddenly muttered IronBlood.

Celestia stopped as she looked at the colt." What?"

"Of all of the kingdoms, it's the Eastern Providence that will be a pain to deal with... Their Warriors are Honor bound and don't take loyalty lightly, which isn't the bad part... But they live in a very rigid society and may not like you leading us, Princess Celestia and Luna." Said IronBlood.

Celestia continued along as she thought about this dilemma. She knew from her teachings that this was true but she hadn't expected it to be worth noting. But IronBlood was right and though the Eastern ponies were Warriors of many skills, they often downgraded their mares in capabilities.

"But, correct me IronBlood, haven't they had a mare leader before in their history?" Asked Celestia.

"Aye. Warrior Blademare was the only mare to rule the Eastern Providence. It was she that, most Eastern Warriors have to admit, who could take on any for even though society often tried to diminish her... But when she died, every Warrior came and wept for the loss of her." IronBlood said.

Just then, a familiar figure approached them and Celestia and Luna bowed to General WhiteWolf as Celestia said," WhiteWolf... You return to us."

WhiteWolf bowed as he said," Yes... But I have some news that we must act on quickly."

"BloodHoof is leading his army closer and closer to here. I already have some of our armies shadowing him at a distance but we must stop him before he reaches here or Shilvan." WhiteWolf said as he showed them a portion of the map where he had placed a Shadow figure.

"How strong is his army?" Asked LightningBolt.

"It's at least 10,000 Warriors strong. This must be his entire army unlike last time." Said WhiteWolf.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other in shock as. Crystal said," SoulStorm help us all... That cannot be his army alone. He must have another with him and he's just making it look big."

"I'm thinking that's the case too but, nonetheless, this is a serious threat that cannot be left undealt with. We must assemble the forces we have available and mount a preemptive strike." Said WhiteWolf.

"But we would number merely half of that whole army." Pointed out Luna.

The room was silent for a moment as the air was filled with much thinking. But then, Steeltrix looked at the map and then said," Where do you think he will go? What path has he taken?"

"He's marching along the roads. I don't think he's expecting anything to really happen. Why?" Asked WhiteWolf.

"We need to blockade the road then. We need to force his hand and make him get off that road... Because he's in a spot to be in a certain place that once was the holding of a massacre." Said Steeltrix as he tapped a point on the map with his hoof.

Everyone got close and read the words he had tapped: QuickHoof River.

"QuickHoof River? He has ten thousand with him and the last army to go there was only seventy thousand strong! That river will not hinder him!" Said WhiteWolf.

"And yet, if we push him there, it will cause him to try and avoid it altogether because he knows, like us, of the danger of such a place. That is why; pushing him in that direction will help us." Said Steeltrix.

"And where do you think he will be?" Asked Celestia.

"There's an open field near the river with a single hill that allows a view of the whole field. And that field is very large so it can allow our crossbows a better line of sight than in the woods." Said Steeltrix as he tapped another point on the map with his hoof.

WhiteWolf looked at the map, then at Steeltrix, and asked him," Are you using your father's tactics?"

"Straight from Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3." Said both Steeltrix and IronBlood as they took out the small books from their armor.

WhiteWolf chuckled as he commented," From father to son. I think its time you take command for another battle."

Steeltrix bowed as he said," As you wish, General."

"How many will you need?" Asked Luna.

"The bulk will have to be crossbow ponies since that's a pretty open field to use. We will need some companies of normal Warriors but all we have to do is hold the hill and protect the crossbows ponies." Steeltrix said.

"Alright. I shall see if we can spare some, as many companies as we can. You are going to have to hold that line." Said Celestia as she began to write out orders as Luna and WhiteWolf joined her.

BloodHoof marched at the head of his army as he could smell the unease in his troops. Ever since their first encounter with the rebel ponies, they had been much more cautious of the things around them. But now since they had found out what BloodHoof hoped to be their base, he would crush this rebellion and make an example of them.

Just as he was thinking of how he was going to win the coming battle, he halted as he saw that the road was blocked. Several trees had been chopped down and though he could clear them, he knew that the logs could be guarded by crossbows.

Or worse, booby traps.

"What are your orders, sir?" Asked a Warrior behind him.

"We go around. We make for QuickHoof River since there a field which we can use to camp at for tonight." Said BloodHoof as he began to go off the road.

And as his army followed him, so did eyes that were hiding in the tree's.

PreviousChapters Next