• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 448

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: The Mission to the Eastern Providence

Celestia watched patiently out the window as Crystal was slowly combing her hair and making sure it was beautiful. Luna was sitting nearby as she was doing Crystals hair. The trio was sitting where they were, combing each other's hair when a knock came at the door and Celestia said," Come in."

The door opened and the three mares turned to see-
"Steeltrix... You don't look ok..." Said Celestia in shock as Steeltrix, IronBlood, LightningBolt, and another pony entered the room, looking worn out and beat up, Steeltrix more so with his chin bruised purple and the armor there was crumpled and would need to be repaired. All of them were covered in blood and as they stood before princesses, Celestia stood and asked hesitantly,"... D-d-did we win...?"

"We won... But we lost a lot of ponies... I won't try and hide it from you... We managed to take several prisoners... And I wish to present the newest addition to our group, BloodHoof... The new one that is." Said Steeltrix as he seemed to try and regain his composure.

BloodHoof came forward and bowed as he said," Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... It is an honor to meet you."

Celestia stood up as Luna and Crystal did the same and as they approached Steeltrix and his band of friends, Celestia said to them," Perhaps it is time for you to rest."

The four colts bowed as they slowly filed from the room to go sleep in their own quarters nearby. And once the four colts had put their armor and weapons away, they all turned out the lights and snored the night away.

In the week to follow, not much really happened: a few towns accepted the Rebellion while another town in the Central kingdom was taken from SoulStorm by General WolfSlayer. Otherwise, not much really big happened.

Well, except maybe that after some Rebellion ponies helped them out, the Western Realm joined the Rebellion. This left only the Eastern Providence to have ally but as Celestia looked at her reports, they didn't bode well. Movements of the Eastern ponies suggested they were planning to mobilize and maybe ally themselves with the remaining kingdom of SoulStorm and as she looked at the reports, WhiteWolf entered the room.

Around Celestia was Luna, Crystal, Steeltrix, IronBlood, LightningBolt, and BloodHoof stood scattered around the room and as WhiteWolf entered, Celestia asked him," What news do you perhaps bring?"

"The Eastern Providence leader is absolutely refusing to ally with us. Worse, he believes we will bring ruin upon us all because mares are leading us... I never liked Eastern ponies because of that reason alone." Said WhiteWolf.

"Perhaps it’s time for another diplomatic mission by our Warriors?" Asked Luna.

"They won't have an easy time. The Eastern ponies have tripled its garrisons and every Warrior pony is scrutinized to see if they are us, where they then are thrown into the dungeons." Said WhiteWolf.

"Question, Steeltrix, didn't the Eastern ponies once have a mare ruler?" Asked Celestia.

"Yes but though she is the only one, I don't think this ruler will do us a favor and give into such a tale. After all, they do have the strictest social class in all of Equestria." Said Steeltrix.

"But could it be possible that you could find a way to change their minds?"

"Not without challenging the leader to a duel... And last I remember, Eastern Providence duels are to the death. Such a thing would mean I would be risking myself and the others just at a chance to do this... But, if it makes us finally defeat SoulStorm, I will do it." Said Steeltrix as he bowed.

"We shall let BloodHoof accompany you and your other corners in this mission. I hope that is ok with you." Said Celestia as she looked to them all.

"In this case, having more may benefit us more than having him stay here with you all. I don't think having just three of us this time will cut it this time." Said Steeltrix.

"So then it's settled?" Asked Celestia.

"Princess Celestia... May I ask that we be given some coin so that, well, if worse comes to worse, we can bribe our way into the city." Asked LightningBolt.

Celestia looked at him in surprise." Didn't think about that happening. Alright, I can give you a nice amount of coin so that you can use it if needed."

"Thank you, Princess. Normally, I don't even ask people for money but I can tell if something is needed. This was one of those things." LightningBolt said as he bowed.

The following day, Steeltrix, IronBlood, LightningBolt, and BloodHoof began the long journey to the capital of the Eastern Providence. As they left, Luna managed to slip something into the bag of BloodHoofs while Crystal slipped a letter into the scabbard of IronBloods sword. Then, the four Warriors were off for what was most likely going to be the last mission they did on their own without being either with an army or with the princesses. They journeyed day and night, knowing that they would need to act very quickly to make sure that nothing worse happens in their absence. And when they had begun to approach the outer wall to the Eastern Providence capital, they all were tired and exhausted from the journey but as they approached the gates, being amongst many others, they all made sure to look their very best for the guards. And when they got within a few feet of the gate, a few guards suddenly popped up and immediately stopped them as one said," What is your business here?"

"We are but travelers, wanderers wanting to see everything before the world goes to chaos." Said IronBlood as they all stopped.

The guards checked their stuff before the leader said to them," I would be cautious of what you do. I don't know if you know but we are preparing for war against this... Rebellion."

"We understand and appreciate of the advice. I don't think we will have a problem while we are here." Said IronBlood as the group finally entered the city.

Almost immediately, they definitely could tell that this city wasn't in a calm and peaceful mood. Patrols of Eastern Warriors, wearing samurai-like armor and armed with katana's and yari's, could be seen walking around in patrols of at least eight. As the four of them walked along, they could almost feel the whole city watching them with close scrutiny and as they walked along towards the nearest inn, the feeling was slightly unnerving them. As they calmly entered the inn, LightingBolt got them a room as the rest slowly looked around them.

There was a map of Equestria, there was a few tables with the chairs set up, there was a surprisingly a cozy fireplace nearby. As they stood around, LightingBolt came back and said," Come on. Seems like everyone except ponies from here have left."

They got to their room and as they closed the door behind them, Steeltrix said," I know we probably shouldn't but I think we can maybe sleep in shifts. Don't want any Ninja ponies going bump in the night..."

"Sure thing. Can't blame you but it’s the repeating crossbows you must worry about." Said LightningBolt as they began to put their stuff away as they prepared to get some much needed sleep.

Steeltrix went to a chair and sat in it as he kept his weapons and armor on him and as everyone began to go to sleep, he said," I'll walks you up for when it’s your shift... Try not to bite my head off or kill me."

And with that, the lights were blown out.

Steeltrix had only been awake for an hour when he heard the pattering of hoofs from the roof. He calmly stayed still as he slowly waited for the pony to show himself before he moved. The window softly clicked open and as it was carefully drawn open, Steeltrix stood up and waited in the shadows. The ninja clothed in black and having a katana blade sheathed on his back, slowly stepped in and as Steeltrix stood still with scythe in hand, the ninja slowly stepped towards the beds.

"Surprise, ninja!" Steeltrix said as he slammed the window shut as the ninja spun around.

Steeltrix sidestepped as a ninja star flew from the hoofs of the ninja but he returned the attack with his sickle. The ninja drew his katana and blocked the sickle but then Steeltrix's scythe sliced the air towards the ninja's head and as the pony dodged, someone grabbed him from behind as two more began to bind his legs. The ninja tried to fight back but Steeltrix disarmed in and once the pony had been subdued, Steeltrix checked the pony’s pockets and found a note. He took notice of the Imperial seal and as he opened it, the everyone but IronBlood clustered in.

"Hmm... I'm assuming that they pay you to kill Warriors like us?" Asked Steeltrix aloud, knowing that only a newbie ninja would answer.
"What? Are you even somewhat impressed in what we are doing?" Asked the ninja.

"I'm actually surprised it happened. I wasn't expecting it to happen and to be fairly honest; I don't think it shall do you good. But don't mind me." Steeltrix said as he put the letter in one of his pockets.

"So what shall we do now?" Asked IronBlood as he looked at the ninja.

"Well, as much as we would love to drag his sorry behind to the Shogun and demand what's going on but I think my shift is still ongoing so tomorrow we shall deal with him." Steeltrix said as he walked back to his chair and sat down in it.

As everyone went back to their beds, Steeltrix gagged the ninja and tied him to one of his hoofs as he sat on the chair. And once again, the light was turned off.

PreviousChapters Next