• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 448

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: A peaceful day before the war

As Celestia woke up once again from her slumbers, she heard something going on outside and she rushed her armor on as she took up her halberd and rushed outside to see what the commotion was.

But when she arrived outside, she stopped herself and smiled as she walked towards a group of small woodland creatures. They all stopped their talking and watched her come forward and as she slowly sat down amongst a patch of beautiful daisies and flowers, the small animals approached her slowly.

Then, a rabbit came to her and it sniffed her before it slowly rested itself against her. Then, like a switch flipped, the others began to cuddle up next to her and climb on her as birds rested on her elegant horn and armor and she giggled at it all.

Steeltrix, wearing his armor and holding his scythe with his sickles buckled to him, walked out of the doorway to the cottage when he saw Celestia, sitting still amongst all the creatures.

And the first thought that crossed his mind was: "Oh my goodness... She looks... She's like an angel from heaven..."

Then, Celestia got a feeling she was being watched and she turned her head to see Steeltrix staring at her. She said to him, "You wanted something, Steeltrix?"

Steeltrix took a moment for his thoughts to collect before he shook his head and said, “Nothing, Princess. I was going to go out for a small walk but then I saw you and...”

"And what?" She asked.

"Err... Em..." Steeltrix was at a sudden loss for words.

Celestia then laughed as she slowly got up and as the woodland creatures scattered from her, she walked to where Steeltrix was and she said to him in a reassuring voice, “Don’t worry. I know what you wanted to say either way so it's ok you couldn't say anything."

Steeltrix face got hot as he kinda blushed underneath his helm and then, Luna popped up from the door and she caught sight of the two. "Celestia?"

Celestia looked towards her sister.

"You do realize you’re covered in pollen right?"

Celestia looked at herself and realized that the flowers had covered her in a fine, golden layer of pollen and she rolled her eyes as she said, “Fine. I'll go wash it off."

And as the two sisters left to get the house work done, Steeltrix left to begin heading towards Alihorn, hoping to go and check up in the tavern for any news.

The tavern was exactly like the night before, loud and rowdy from the at least two dozen ponies inside it. As Steeltrix entered, he tried to keep to himself as he found a table alone in a corner and as the smells of alcohol, liquor, and more slapped his face, he secretly eavesdropped on the conversations around him:

"... And the crops went bad! Honestly, I'm almost tempted to fire him if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't willing to replant harvest the crops again..."

".. And I hear that the Southern ponies last fortress fell today but they still are mountain the bodies that was left so many fell. But this has guaranteed the Southern Ponies surrender..."

"... And next thing I know, he was being called up to test it! I honestly wished I could have been there to see it work...”

Then, the door opened and in came some very familiar ponies and as Steeltrix watched them with suspicious eyes, the caravan guards found a table that was ironically near his.

"Remember that Warrior pony yesterday? The one that was the son of Irontrix? He fought like a full-fledged Warrior Pony." Said one guard.
"Yeah. And don't forget his brother. Together, they could turn the tide for any war." Said another.

"But... Why are they protecting the Princesses? Maybe coincidence that the princesses were there and the two didn't know of them nor do you think they are protecting them?" Said another.

Then, one realized he was listening in and he looked at him before saying, "You know, you don't have to eavesdrop on our conversation, right? We haven't said anything about what happened."

Steeltrix shrugged as he scooted closer and said, “I thank you for not saying anything. But... To be honest, I and my brother are protecting the princesses... Their father isn't the same from what they told us..."

"What do you mean?" Asked a guard.

"The night they left... King SoulStorm summoned a certain someone from a certain dimension.... And, being the pure mares they are, they decided instead of letting it go, they would go themselves and maybe get some help..."

"What do you mean by that?"

Steeltrix sighed as he looked around before he leaned towards the guards and he almost whispered to them, “They... They want to start a rebellion."

They got quiet even though the room itself hadn't done the same. As Steeltrix heard the noise of rowdy laughter and stomping and pounding, the guards looked at each other in complete surprise and shock

"They can't be serious! The armies of Shadow Warriors would crush any rebellion attempt. Besides... Who did SoulStorm summon that night?" Asked a Pony.

"He summoned Discord, the God of Chaos." Steeltrix said upfront.

One of the caravan guards had been drinking and now his drink spewed from his lips in a geyser as he looked at Steeltrix in shock. "The Discord? That's not supposed to be possible!"

"And guess what? I bet that he has begun summoning Changelings to help his rule go smooth." Said Steeltrix.

They looked at him in utter silence, too shocked to the news as they all probably tried to piece it together.

Then, the door opened and everyone turned to see a small patrol of six Shadow Warriors come into the tavern and as they sat at the nearby bar area, Steeltrix watched them with wary eyes.

"What should we do? Can we help?" Asked one.

"But your only caravan guards." Pointed out Steeltrix.

"We aren't just guards." One of them pulled out a crystal that had been carved into the image of a snowflake.

"You’re from the North Fiefdom." Said Steeltrix in surprise.

"Aye. And we know you are the son of Irontrix, the general who beat us at FoxStaffs pass. He was an honorable opponent and we would be honored to help his sons."

Steeltrix was stunned but then he shook his head as he said, “As much as I thank you for the offer... I cannot accept you. Even the princesses aren't sure they should and though I believe them, we don't have the material to support even a small force, not even a patrol size force!"

Then, Steeltrix got up and began to leave when someone put a hoof to his shoulder.

"Leaving so soon? Why in a hurry?" Said a voice and Steeltrix looked over his shoulder to see one of the Shadow Warriors looking at him.

"Gotta go and harvest some crops." Steeltrix lied, wondering if he was gonna be able to get out of this one without drawing blood.

"You don't seem to be an average farmer... What’s with the armor?"

"Let's just say not all Warriors can always stay in the armies of our lords."

Then the Shadow Warrior withdrew his hoof as he nodded his head and said, "Ah... Well, at least take care. By any chance have you heard about the whereabouts of the princesses?"

Steeltrix had a straight face going on but if he didn't have one, there would be an obvious glimmer in his eyes. As he looked around at those assembled, he managed to raise his voice as he said, “Haven’t you heard? They made a Rebellion and they plan to use it to dethrone SoulStorm."

Every pony was focused on him as the Shadow Warrior looked at him and asked hurriedly, “Do you know where they are? Their exact numbers?"

He shook his head. “I don't know. But it's only what I've heard from others. Besides, I though you would have known by now since they seem to be taking out your patrols. Good night to you all."

And he left without a second glance, leaving the bar stunned and in silence.

When Steeltrix returned to the cottage, he whistled into the trees as a whistle from IronBlood came back to him. He heard talking from the garden and he knew it was only the princesses harvesting his mother’s magnificent garden. As he walked into the cottage, he walked towards a large dusty map his father had used during SoulStorms many campaigns. It had details of battles, skirmishes, fortresses, cities; his father had probably mapped all of Equestria just from his campaigns alone. As he looked over it, he knew that though it was outdated that it could still show the locations of some important places.

Mainly, the capitals of the other four kingdoms.

But then, his mind began to wander towards what those other Warrior ponies had said and he began to wonder if this rebellion could actually work.

And then, as he thought this over some, a small plan began to formulate in his mind. It was risky, dangerous, practically suicidal, but if done right it could help bring this rebellion to life. So, he went to his father’s forge and he put some wood into the furnace as he took up Celestia's and Luna's spear and took them with him to the stone wheel. He first took Celestia's spear and as he began to peddle the wheel to speed, he gently began to put the halberd's blade on its surface. Sparks flew as the blade was slowly sharpened and as he guided it along the stone, he made sure not to get himself cut or burned by the friction. He kept in mind his father teachings as he did so, always making sure he did it as his father had done it.

When he completed the task, he looked at the blades edge and nodded as it was as sharp as could be. Then, he worked on Luna's spear and as he sharpened its edges, he knew that just from the feel of it that only his father could have created the weapons.

When he was done, he took the weapons and placed them on a nearby rack and then he took up from the rack a banner.

It bore his family crest, a pony head ringed by a mace, a sword, a shield, and a scythe. Its main color was black but the markings on it were the color of gold and as he took up the banner, he slowly waved off the dust that had accumulated on its surface.

Suddenly, Celestia came in and he jumped as the banner clattered on the floor.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." She said as he slowly picked up the banner.

"It's okay. No harm done." Steeltrix replied as he put the banner back on the rack. "You needed something?"

"No. I saw smoke and wanted to make sure everything was alright." Celestia said as she took up her halberd and studied it.
"Thank you." She said as Steeltrix began to leave.

"No need to thank me. I am but a humble servant, princess." Steeltrix answered.

PreviousChapters Next