• Published 19th Feb 2015
  • 448 Views, 2 Comments

Sisters Of Light And Dark - KommandoStalker



The more bloody and tragic backstory of how Equestria came to be along with how Discord was truly defeated.

  • ...
 2
 448

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22: The freeing of the North Fiefdom

As the morning dawn broke over the mountains as it shone on another day, Steeltrix woke up and slowly got off his bed as he tried to ignore the slight pain from wearing his armor when he slept. LightningBolt was also getting up and though he also wore armor, he didn't care about the slight pain he was feeling. They both took a short time to stretch before they walked out of the room and entered the inns hallway.

IronBlood was standing watch still since his shift had started but he showed no signs of being even marginally sleepy. He nodded to his brother and LightningBolt as the door to IronFace's room opened and out stepped that very pony. His body no longer looked like a skeleton and he was looking much healthier since last night.

"I'm surprise you even made a watch for me." Noticed IronFace as he looked at IronBlood and nodded.

As IronFace, wearing clothes borrowed from the inn pony began to walk down the stairs, Steeltrix, IronBlood, and LightningBolt followed him. Downstairs, IronFace was given a breakfast and as the trio of Warrior ponies stood at the windows, watching for trouble, the inn pony said suddenly," I'm not sure you know of this but it seems like someone is to be executed today."

IronFace, Steeltrix, IronBlood, and LightningBolt looked at the pony in surprise and IronFace asked," Who is to be executed?"

"It doesn't say but it to be public, before the gates of the palace, and it's going to be soon... Sorry that I didn't give you a heads up..." Said the pony as he lowered his head.

"Well, it better late than never. We must go to that and stop it... Otherwise, more and more corruption will consume the city." Said IronFace as he finished up his food and got up slowly.

"My Lord, your not in much condition to move fast, much less fight." Said LightningBolt.

"I know that. But I can still show people who is the real King... I want you to fight for me since I can't do much. But I must get there with you three." IronFace answered.

Steeltrix thought a small bit before he said, “LightningBolt, we can carry him as we roof jump. Besides, he is your King so I think the honor and choice is yours."

LightningBolt thought about it before he said," Your right. Alright, I hope your lordship isn't afraid of heights."

As LightningBolt carried IronFace, Steeltrix and IronBlood led the way across the roofs. As the group moved along the rooftops, they could see the crowd of assembled ponies at the gates. When they got within two blocks of the gates, IronFace said," Look who's here... The imposter, sullying my good name and he even wears my own iron face mask... I say, today shall be the day when this all ends..."

They jumped across another building before they stopped; now standing above the crowds as they had a perfect view of the execution. Everything had already been set up and all that was happening now was the executed being brought forth.

The pony wore a hooded cloak and their face was hidden by the hood and as the pony came forward, Steeltrix and IronBlood got in a crouch as they prepared to jump from the roof.

The pony to be executed stopped before the execution block as one of the Warriors pushed them down. Steeltrix could now see that the pony was an alicorn and wore armor that seemed a bit familiar.

And then, the Warrior pony removed the hood and Steeltrix heard IronFace swear as LightningBolt put a hoof to IronFace's mouth and muffled the word. The pony was Princess Crystal, wearing her famous crystal armor and armed with her twin falchion swords. Her body was grey and her hair was a light blue but eyes were a beautiful green and they had the ferocity of a Warrior in them.

The imposter IronFace came forward and shouted out," Princess Crystal of the Northern Empire was found aiding rebel Warriors in an attempted coup to dethrone me from my rule. She failed and now she stands before you all, a traitor to me and the entire kingdom."

"Now, she is to be executed for her treachery and her treason." The executioner, wearing his black hood, hefted upon his shoulder his axe and as the ponies looked onward, IronBlood decided that this was ending now and he ran and jumped off the building as Steeltrix followed him. IronBlood hurled his shield as Steeltrix hurled his sickle and just as the axe was being brought up, IronBlood's shield collided with the axe and hurled it away as the sickle pinned the imposter IronFace to the gate by his throat.

As ponies all around began to panic, Steeltrix fended off the guards as he made his way to the imposter as IronBlood fended off those trying to attack the princess. IronBlood broke the Princesses bonds as she immediately took up her falchions and began to help him.
And then, the guards stood down as Steeltrix shouted out," Back off or I split his throat open."

Then, LightningBolt and IronFace came from the roof as they landed on the podium where the execution was being held. And then, as Steeltrix brought forth the imposter, IronFace looked at his daughter and nodded his head.

"How did you find him?" Whispered Crystal to IronBlood.

"He was in the dungeons... He had been as skinny as a skeleton." IronBlood whispered back.

IronFace promptly stripped the imposter of his armor and weapons and then, newly garbed in his rightful armor and armed with his sword and axe, he put his face mask back on before turning to the crowd.

"Today, I King IronFace, give thanks to these three Warriors for rescuing me from the very dungeons I had made. This imposter," IronFace pointed at the pony," has desecrated my name and our kingdom. He had killed out nobles and warriors. I know he has murdered many more since I remember seeing them in the cells around me before being carried away.

"But today, I come back to restore my rule. And though many of you may not believe I am really IronFace, I give you this chance to leave this kingdom forever." Said IronFace to the crowd.

And then, the crowd began to bow to IronFace and as they did, so did Steeltrix, IronBlood, LightningBolt, and the other Warriors.

"My daughter...." IronFace turned to Princess Crystal as he put a hoof to her face," You may not have dethroned this imposter but you make me proud for trying."

And then, he nodded to Steeltrix and Steeltrix tossed the pony upon the executioner block and as the executioner retrieved his axe, IronBlood took back his shield and stood next to his brother and LightningBolt. The executioner pony made sure that his axe was sharp before he hefted his axe up.

"W-w-wait, y-you can't kill me! S-S-SoulStorm will destroy y-your kingdom!" The pony began to say as the axe was held high.

"Oh, wait that's right." Muttered IronFace as he announced," I also now will say that my kingdom is no longer with SoulStorm. The Warriors that saved me are of the Rebellion, led by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They are doing this to send Discord, the god of Chaos, back to his prison realm from our world."

And just as that was said, the executioner axe fell and popped off the imposter ponies head in a spray of blood.

PreviousChapters Next