• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 3,544 Views, 85 Comments

A Daedra's Heart - Randablitz



In the plane of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, the newly annointed Daedric Prince of Moralistic Choices, Kai, seeks a lover to end his loneliness.

  • ...
52
 85
 3,544

Chapter 6: Cheerilee's Wrath

After the establishment of a new friendship between Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and the CMC, and initiating a new religion, they made their way to their school with their new deity in tow. Their purpose was to recruit the other fillies and colts in Ponyville Elementary to get more followers in a cost effective manner. As the group neared the red painted school house the five fillies were still wearing their new robes with pride and wanted to showcase them to their classmates, but they needed to convince one mare that was possibly more strict than their families; their teacher, Ms. Cheerilee.

"This is going to be so cool!" Silver Spoon practically squealed with enthusiasm. "I mean we're really the poster fillies for Kai's new religious movement and we're going to get our other classmates in on this too, I just can't wait!" she continued to say her smile never fading.
"Yeah I'm excited too Silver, but.." Sweetie Belle paused with a twinge of fear becoming evident in her eyes.

"But what Sweetie?" Silver Spoon asked her new friend with a hint of curiosity.
"But what'll Ms. Cheerilee think if we just trot up to school with these kickass new robes and start talking about our new religion?" Sweetie asked. "She'll flip her lid if we do that!" Sweetie shouted with tears starting to stream down her face.

"Don't cry Sweetie Belle, everything's going to be just fine we all know that Ms. Cheerilee is one of the most accepting mares in all of Equestria." Diamond Tiara said while she wiped away Sweetie Belle's tears with her hoof and giving her a sincere smile. "You just need to have hope in this, or nothing good will come from it." Diamond Tiara said pulling Sweetie Belle in for a hug which Sweetie Belle accepted.

"Okay, I'll give it a try." Sweetie Belle said with a sniffle. "But what do we do if she tells our families what we're up to?" she asked.
"Then we'll take it as a sign that we're making some amount of progress." Scootaloo said with a reassuring smile. "If our families scold us, we need to remember what Kai told us about accepting another's opinion without judging them before they've taken time to think about what we've told them." she said keeping her smile plastered on her muzzle.

"Scoots is right Sweetie, Ah mean they might not accept it at first, but we just need to give 'em some time to process this new information." Apple Bloom said. "So let's go show 'em what Kai has to offer for all Equestria!" she exclaimed with pride.
"Remember my little devotees, too much pride in one thing can blind you to the truth, so don't get overconfident otherwise our efforts will be doomed before we even had a chance." Kai said with a fatherly tone. "But you have the right idea about allowing them to have their opinions before they make their decisions, instead of just outright calling them heretics and wishing harm to them without giving them a say in the matter." Kai said with a proud smile on his muzzle congratulating his new followers on their maturity.

After their little pep talk, they continued to make their way towards the school house. The five fillies smiled when they noticed their teacher standing at the door doing a head count of her students as they entered the building. "Are my eyes deceiving me, or am I seeing Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon being friendly to Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo?" Ms. Cheerilee thought to herself. Cheerilee had always known Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to be bullies to their classmates, but to see them enjoying the company of the CMC made her heart skip a beat. "Good mornin' Ms. Cheerilee." Apple Bloom said happily. The little yellow filly's greeting snapped the purple mare back to reality as she looked down at the five fillies in front of her. "Good morning girls." Cheerilee said with a smile, but her smile faded as she noticed the robes they were wearing. "Girls, what in the world are you wearing?" she asked arching an eyebrow at the fillies.

"Well Ms. Cheerilee, we received these robes as a testament to our new deity." Diamond Tiara said simply.
"I see, and what is this deity's name?" Cheerilee asked with curiosity in her voice.

"Do you remember that party three days ago?" Sweetie Belle asked in response to her teacher's question.
"Yes, but what does that have to do with this new deity of yours?" Cheerilee said with a slight hint of irritation in her voice.

"Well he's the alicorn stallion that was telling all of those stories about his dimension, and he taught Silver Spoon and I a valuable lesson about how every choice has both positive and negative consequences and we should be mindful of our actions." Diamond Tiara said.
"Yeah, then we thought that the CMC could get their cutie marks in being 'Daedra' worshippers, and we also volunteered to help them in any way we could and then Kai himself gave us these really cool robes as a sign that he's pleased with our decision to serve him from now until the end of time." Silver Spoon added to further support her friend's claim.

"Well that's certainly a very mature decision you five made, but until I see this 'Kai' in person I don't believe you." Cheerilee said with a frown on her muzzle.
"We kind of knew ya wouldn't believe us Ms. Cheerilee, so that's why he came with us to..." Apple Bloom was interrupted by her teacher's scolding glare which made the yellow filly nearly start crying.

"I'm going to inform your families about this, and they'll decide what to do with you now get to your seats!" Cheerilee nearly hissed through gritted teeth with anger clearly in her voice.

The school day was going smoothly despite the conversation that was made earlier in the morning, the five fillies were sentenced to detention during recess, but they didn't take any sort of offense to their teacher's actions as they knew Kai would come to settle this personally. "What are you five doing?!" Cheerilee shouted angrily at the fillies. The fillies said nothing as they returned to their seats. "That's better, now..." Cheerilee was interrupted by a burst of purple flames outside the schoolhouse. "Oh what is it now?" Cheerilee rhetorically asked. Her answer came in the form of the rest of her students staring in awe of the sight of an alicorn stallion emerging from the burst of purple flames. Cheerilee's eyes narrowed at Kai as she saw him emerge and make his way towards the schoolhouse.

"Stop right where you are!" Cheerilee shouted loudly at Kai. Kai clearly heard her, but he was testing her to see if she was worthy of a very special honor that only he can bestow. Cheerilee smiled as she saw Kai stop in front of her, but then he just smirked and walked past her, this infuriated the purple mare beyond belief and she decided to do something most would consider to be very unwise, unless you were suicidal, she bucked Kai right in his 'family jewels'. "Now listen, and listen good, I don't care what those five fillies say, I will not allow you to corrupt their minds with your nonsense!" Cheerilee said with a wrathful tone.
"If you think that's going to be enough to put me down, you've got another thing coming, Ms. Cheerilee." Kai said with a chuckle completely disregarding the fact he just got kicked right in the crotch. Cheerilee was terrified of this stallion now, not only because he was completely unaffected by what she had just done to him, but also the fact that he already knew who she was despite knowing nothing about her appearance, only her name.

"How do you know my name?! Answer me!" Cheerilee shouted while stomping her hoof down in a demanding fashion.
"I know you thanks to my five little devotees that are currently sitting inside." Kai said with a smile. "Before you assume anything, they didn't leave, I can see, feel, and hear everything my followers can so I can assist them when I need to." he said to keep the already enraged teacher in front of him. "Also your contempt for me is foolishly misplaced." he said nearly emotionlessly.

"My feelings misplaced?!" Cheerilee cackled like a mad mare. "Do you think I'm stupid or something?" She asked with a stare that shouted Choose your next words extremely carefully.
"No I don't think you're stupid, I just think you have an attitude problem, nothing more." Kai said gently closing his eyes. "Also, I admire your commitment to your students, you're willing to stand in the way of a deity that could easily kill you, and yet here you stand not fearing for your safety, but that of your students, you're definitely worthy of my favor." Kai said as he kept his eyes closed as he searched through Cheerilee's mind seeing that she lives for her students and would give her life just for them.

"Worthy of what now?" Cheerilee asked after Kai finished speaking. "What's a simple mare like me worthy of?" She said as her eyes were welling up with tears.
"Why to be one of my champions of course, more specifically, I want you to be my champion of Wrath." Kai said with a sincere smile while he perked Cheerilee's head up. "So what do ya say, will you, Cheerilee, take your rightful place as my champion?" he asked with pride in his words.

Cheerilee was absolutely speechless, the fact that she kicked a deity, and had just asked her if she would be his champion had sent her mind into overload and she fainted. Moments later she found herself inside of her classroom filled with her students with worried looks on their faces. "was it all a dream?" Cheerilee thought to herself. "Nope it was no dream, that actually happened." Kai said with a smile.

"You can hear my thoughts?" she blurted. "Wait of course you can and to answer your question of me being your champion..." she paused.
"Yes?" Kai asked in a sing-song like tone.

"I accept this title with honor!" Cheerilee exclaimed with pride and happiness. Her entire class cheered for their teacher's acceptance of her new title as they were all wearing the same garb Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and the CMC were wearing. "Wait a second, how did they, oh you know buck it, it doesn't matter." she said to herself.
"Alright now, take my sword Soul Snare and take your place as my champion." Kai said as his horn glowed and a black katana materialized in front of her. Cheerilee was nervous at first, but she shook it off and placed a hoof on the hilt and her entire body glowed a shade of violet-blue as a sign that the sword accepted her as its new wielder.

"This feels amazing!" Cheerilee shouted with glee at the tingling feeling she was getting from her new sword resting in her hoof.
"Two down, one to go" Kai said to himself as he looked towards Canterlot Castle because he has already chosen his final champion, but little does he know that she secretly wants the honor of being with him.

Author's Note:

For those who have been sticking with me for this long, I deeply appreciate your patience and once I'm out of school for the semester, I'll be totally focused on writing. Also, the next chapter will be about Kai starting his journey to earn Luna's heart so stay tuned.