• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 3,540 Views, 85 Comments

A Daedra's Heart - Randablitz



In the plane of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, the newly annointed Daedric Prince of Moralistic Choices, Kai, seeks a lover to end his loneliness.

  • ...
52
 85
 3,540

Chapter 16: Regrets From the Past

(Canterlot Castle, James/Sheogorath’s P.O.V)

It was a beautiful evening, the sky was clear, the moon shone bright in the sky, and the stars glimmered in the sky. “Ah, Life is a wonderous thing.” I said as I felt a breeze rush across me. I continued to bask in the beauty of Luna’s masterpiece called the night sky. “We remember James.” A whispering voice said. “Who said that?” I asked as I looked behind me for the voices’ owner. “You can’t hide from the truth.” Another voice said. “What the hell is happening?” I asked as I continued to look to my sides and behind me. “Isn’t it obvious, Brother?” A particularly familiar voice asked. “Lucien?” I asked as I opened my eyes in realization. “Yes. You remember don’t you?” Lucien’s voice asked. “I do, although I sorely wish I didn’t.” I replied with sweat pouring down my face. “Well I guess having remorse whilst silently killing your own family can drive one quite mad.” Lucien’s voice retorted. “What do want from me?!” I yelled out in a frantic manner. “Who wants something from you?” Another voice asked. I quickly turned around and saw Celestia without her crown or golden slippers.

“Oh Celestia, how’s it going?” I asked the the solar alicorn. “I was sleeping until I heard somepony shouting.” Celestia said with a concerned expression. “Sorry about that.” I said while rubbing my neck in embarrassment. “Is there something you wish to talk about James?” Celestia asked as she walked up to my side. “Actually there is.” I said with a deep sigh. “You see when I was still a human, I was also a member of the Dark Brotherhood at the time, I was happily doing our duty to Tamriel when I received a message from my mentor, Lucien Lachance, to visit his Fort just outside of Cheydinhal. I was made his Silencer and had to kill my own brothers and sisters at our Sanctuary in Cheydinhal on suspicion that one of them were killing off other members of the Brotherhood. I completed my task with little joy, but took comfort knowing I was saving the other members of the Brotherhood and serving Sithis, our Dread Father. I took on more dead drops after that, and that’s where it all went wrong. After my seventh dead drop, Lucien approached me and told me I was a dead man. He told me I had been wiping out members of the Black Hand since my second dead drop. He eventually saw how confused I was and decided to spare me. He told me they thought he was the traitor and had to go into hiding, and it was my job to find the traitor. I found evidence, but when I went to his hiding place, Lucien was killed by the Black Hand, they told me they didn’t blame me for his crimes and I was the new Speaker. Matthew Bellemont killed two Speakers at the Night Mother’s Crypt, I killed him and was made Listener for my loyalty. But knowing I killed my friends and family for nothing… I’ve hated myself ever since.” I said as I felt tears streaming down my face. “I was ordered to do it by Sithis, and his word is law, so I had no choice.” I said as Celestia managed to hold me close to her as I cried. “Shh, it’s alright, it was a long time ago, I think it’s time to let it go.” Celestia said as she wiped away my tears and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“Thank you Celestia, it means a lot.” I said smiling a little. “No problem, I’m sure if you lie down with me for the night, you’ll be better in the morning.” Celestia said with a sultry tone. “I’d think it would help a lot my Princess.” I replied as I caressed my hand on her cheek. Celestia giggled as she went back into her room and motioned me to follow. She laid down in her bed and patted the empty side with her hoof. I climbed into the bed and Celestia draped a wing over me and smiled. “Sleep well, my Prince of Madness.” She said sweetly. “Goodnight my princess.” I replied as we both fell into a peaceful slumber.

(Dreamscape)

I found myself in the Imperial City in Cyrodiil. The city wasn’t in ruin yet, so that must mean that this was when I made the choice I would forever regret. “What’s happening?” I asked myself as I looked around. “This place is beautiful James, what is this place?” I heard Celestia’s voice coming from behind me. “Celestia? What are you doing here?” I asked in complete surprise. “While Luna was still banished I took over her duties as the Warden of the Dreamscape, so I’m here to help you if I can.” She said with a reassuring tone. “I appreciate it, but I think I know what to do, I must do this without regret… what I’m about to do.” I said with a determined expression. “I understand, but before you carry out your task, what is this place?” She asked curiously. “This is the Imperial City in the province of Cyrodiil.” I said as I gazed upon the sun setting in the distance. “It’s very beautiful, I hope I can see it someday, now let's get this over with.” She said. I nodded and we went to the Sanctuary in Cyrodiil.

After arriving at the Sanctuary, I said the password and entered with Celestia, she waited at the entrance. “Are you sure you want to watch me do this?” I asked. “Do what?” she asked. “Just look away if you want.” I said. I took a deep breath and readied my dagger, The Blade of Woe for a murder spree, but this time I had no intention of regretting this later. My first target was Teinavva, brother to Ocheeva, the Sanctuary’s overseer. He was sitting, reading, I went behind him. “Ah! Brother! How are you today? Congratulations on your assignment from Lucien!” He said. “The Dread Father awaits.” I whispered in his ear as I slit his throat ear to ear. “Goodbye Brother...” I said and walked away. The last time I did that, I cried. This time I knew that what I was doing I was doing because fate intervened. I had no choice, I could have disobeyed Lucien, but I would’ve been killed and the traitor would have kept operating and possibly killed the entire Brotherhood.

My next target was Gogron gro-Bolmog, an Orc. I crept into the sleeping quarters/dining room and skillfully replaced all food in his satchel with a poison apple, I had just about placed the apple before he reached into his bag. “Ah! Brother! Lucien must think you’re special! Good for you! Want a bite of my… apple? I thought I had more food in here… ah well! Want some?” he asked and cut me a slice. In the past I had always accepted food… “Sure...” I said, sat down and I took a bite and so did he, but where he swallowed, I spat mine out. “Come on Brother it’s just an...” he started before he choked on his own blood. “Apple?” I asked as he fell off his stool, he grabbed the table and pulled himself up slightly, looking at me as I just sat there. He then fell down, dead.

Next was M’raaj-Dar, the guild’s merchant. He used to be horrible to me, calling me an ape, but once Lachance took an interest in me he changed, calling me his best friend, which made it all the harder to kill him. This one, ironically, was the simplest. “Brother! What happened to Gogron?!” he asked. “I don’t know! I just found him like this!” I exclaimed, lying of course. “I’ll tell Ocheeva!” he said. “No! You stay here in case the killer comes back, I’ll see Ocheeva.” I said. He was next to Schemer, the Sanctuary’s rat. I cast a fury spell on Schemer and he jumped on M’raaj, tearing him apart. His screams echoed, but that was nothing new in the Sanctuary so it went ignored. Next was Telaendril, the Bosmer. she was leaving the Sanctuary in about 5 minutes, I climbed the ladder first and waited the top… I saw her climb up. “Oh, brother! Good to see you! Good job with Lucien! If you could just move...” She said, I let her up, as she balanced on the wall of the well i pushed her, she screamed as she fell and I heard a sharp, crack! As she landed, I looked down the ladder and saw her neck broke. “Huh, lucky break… get it?” I said, maybe Sheogorath had more of an effect on me than I thought… I slid back down the ladder and saw Ocheeva staring at the corpse…

“I just saw her fall as I walked up!” I exclaimed. “Oh my...” She said. “Yeah, damn...” I said… “We should head to your room and figure out what we should do...” I said. “Yes, you’re right, come on.” she said and led me into her quarters. “She was a Bosmer, they don’t lose their balance easily… maybe she was sabotaged!” exclaimed Ocheeva, sinking into her seat in realisation. I walked around to the back of her. “Maybe.” I whispered, stabbing her neck with my blade, she bled and tried to grab me in vain. Suddenly Antoinetta Marie walked in, looking at papers. “Ocheeva, I just wanted to run these by you-” she cut off as she saw me. With lightning quick reflexes I took out a Silver Dagger I kept on my shin and threw it, hitting her forehead, killing her instantly.

“Last but not least...” I said, taking a breath… My other mentor was next, he made me a vampire and introduced me into the Brotherhood, made me comfortable, he was like a father to me… I snuck into his chambers from the manhole in Ocheeva’s quarters that led into his I approached his sleeping body and raised The Blade of Woe… I stabbed down but he caught my hand with his own two, he was managing to keep me at bay… I took out a clove of garlic and shoved it in his open mouth, causing him to cough and become distracted, I managed to pierce his heart with my blade and he was dead… this time, instead of sinking against the wall, crying, I took a breath of relief... At the end of my string of murder, I felt great, like all of those years of sadness and regret just vanished. I turned and saw Celestia at the entrance to Vincente’s quarters, she had her mouth open. “There.” I breathed. “That was… impressive yet scary...” She said. “I was made Listener for a reason. Because I was, and still am the best assassin as proved that I just killed 7 highly trained killers, they were more experienced than me.” I said.

“Well? Feel better?” Celestia asked with a smile. “I do, but now I have to confront Luna, Kai, and the remaining Dark Brotherhood members, and pray they forgive me.” I said as I felt the morning sun creeping over the horizon, ending my dream.

(Celestia’s P.O.V)

I awoke from my sleep to raise the sun. It pained me to leave my Prince of Madness alone in his time of need, but I had a duty to fulfill. I gave him a quick kiss on his cheek before I left the room and out onto the balcony to raise the sun and start the day. I focused my magic on raising the sun to give the horizon a golden-orange color in the sky. The warm rays touched my face and it felt as if I was being hugged by someone close to me. I did however hear the bedsprings creak as the Master of Madness arose from his slumber. “Good morning, my dear Madness Bringer.” I said with a blissful tone as I still felt the warm rays of the early sun on my face. “Mornin’ to you too, my beautiful Sunrise.” James said as he gently massaged my left wing with one of his hands. I couldn’t help but moan contentedly at his touch. “You like that don’t you?” He asked as his voice started to change to his more demented self. “Uh James, are you feeling alright?” I asked a little concerned about the sudden voice change.

“I’m fine lass. Besides, did ya really think that James would stay forever?” The changing voice said. My eyes widened in realization. “Sheogorath?” I asked with a slight squeak of fear. “The one and only. I really have ta say Tia, ya really helped out James with his regrets. I prefer to see him happy, rather than mopey.” Sheogorath said with a smile. “What are you talking about?” I asked turning around to face the being. “Ya see, when James kicked Jyggalag’s sorry arse during the Greymarch he and I fused together, forever separatin’ me from Jyggalag, and makin’ me my own man... or Daedra as it were.” The Prince of Madness said as he playfully pressed my nose. “Boop.” Sheogorath said as he smiled at me endearingly. “So you’re a part of him and there is nothing for you to retain your own physical form?” I asked. “Nope! You’re stuck with us forever!” He said as he leapt out of the bed and landed gracefully giving a bow. I giggled at his performance and got out of bed myself and we walked to get some breakfast and plan the greatest battle Equestria had ever faced.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay guys, but thanks to The Joeker, this chapter is finally done. The final battle begins and I'm going to need you guys to bear with us because it's going to be tough to do this battle the justice it deserves, but I believe that Dark Obsidian, The Joeker, and I can get it done.