• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 3,542 Views, 85 Comments

A Daedra's Heart - Randablitz



In the plane of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, the newly annointed Daedric Prince of Moralistic Choices, Kai, seeks a lover to end his loneliness.

  • ...
52
 85
 3,542

Chapter 11: What's Going On?

(Canterlot Castle, Luna’s Bedroom, Morning after the Gala, Luna’s P.O.V.)

I awoke the next morning to lower the moon, but I looked over to my right side and I noticed that I wasn’t alone. I had my new fiance, Kai lying in my bed sound asleep. I smiled as I got out of bed very quietly so I wouldn’t disturb him. I activated my magic and lowered the moon. With my task done, I went back to my bed and lied back down beside my beloved. “Good morning my love.” I whispered into Kai’s ear. He turned over to face me and kissed me on my lips. “Good morning to you too.” He said after his lips left mine.

I smiled when we separated, I opened my mouth to speak, but my stomach had other plans as it growled at me. “Looks like it’s time for breakfast.” I said with a giggle. “Yup, let’s go.” Kai said as he summoned a set of what looked to be sleepwear out of thin air. I smiled at him as a thought came to my mind. “Kai, you do know that Tia doesn’t know that you proposed to me right?” I asked with a mischievous grin. He looked at me and realized what I was implying and grinned back. “I know she doesn’t, just imagine the look on her face when she finds out that I did.” Kai replied as he opened the door to my room and gestured for me to go out first.

(Canterlot Castle Dining Room, Celestia’s P.O.V.)

“What could be taking her so long? She’s usually the first one here.” I thought to myself as our niece Cadence sat next to me eager to meet Kai for the first time. “Aunt Celestia, is it really true that Kai’s worshipped as a god where he’s from?” Cadence asked with a curious expression. I nodded “Yes, my dear, he is and he’s quite kind in comparison to his counterparts.” I said as I heard the sound of Luna laughing and another voice laughing along with her. “How pathetic.” I heard the second voice say as the door to the dining room opened and Luna walked in with a smile on her face, but that wasn’t so strange, what was strange was what I saw on her horn. I saw a ring on her horn, it was dark colored ring that was perfect for Luna’s coat color. “Probably made out of one those soul gem, things that Kai told us about.” I thought as I saw another body come through the door, to my surprise it was Kai.

“What is he doing here? I thought he went back to his temple in the Everfree Forest.” I thought as Kai walked forward towards the table, pulled Luna’s chair out for her, pushed it in, and took his own seat next to her. When Kai sat down Luna kissed him! I leaned down to Cadence’s ear, “What’s going on with them?” I asked very confused as to what was going on with my little sister. Cadence simply giggled, “He’s probably asked Aunt Luna to marry him.” Cadence whispered.

Cadence and I looked back at Kai and Luna staring at me with wide grins on their faces. “So Luna is there something you want to tell me?” I asked a little nervous because I haven’t seen Luna like this since she learned about April Fool’s Day. “Oh yes, Tia, I do.” Luna said as she nodded her head. I gestured my hoof for her to continue. “You see last night after the Gala, Kai and I went back to my room because he said he had something to tell me in private. We talked for a little bit and then he kissed me, not just any kiss, this kiss had passion and love in it. After that he proposed to me with this beautiful blue-tinged Black Soul Gem that he carved into a ring, and I said yes!” Luna said as she removed her ring to show it to me, then placed it back on her horn. I was both happy for her and surprised about this turn of events, Luna, my little sister, was going to get married! I was at a loss for words after what Luna just told me. Cadence decided to speak for me as I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my little sister was going to be married before me. “So do you two have a date set for the big day?” Luna shook her head, “No we haven’t, we just wanted to inform all of our friends and family about this before we begin planning for our wedding.” Luna said with a smile. I looked over at Kai, he seemed distant, usually he’s really chipper in the morning, but this time it looked like he was worried about something. “Kai is anything wrong?” I asked him with a concerned look on my face.

(Canterlot Castle Dining Room, Kai’s P.O.V.)

As I listened to Luna talk to her sister and niece, I felt like something was wrong. “I wonder what’s been going on with the others, do they even know that I’m gone, and if they do, why haven’t they tried to contact me?” I thought to myself as I looked at the concerned look on Celestia’s face. “Kai, is anything wrong?” I heard Celestia ask. Celestia’s question pulled me out of my thoughts. “Actually yes, Celestia, there is.” I said as a sorrowful expression made its way onto my face. “Remember when I thought of the other Daedric Princes as my brothers and sisters?” I asked, Celestia nodded in response. “Well, I feel like they need to know about what I’ve been up to since I left Nirn, but I can’t seem to contact them. It’s as if they’re not in their realms of Oblivion, or something.” I said as I tapped my left index finger on my chin in thought.

As we ate breakfast, a guard came running into the dining room, he looked like whomever ordered him to come and find us would do something horrible to him. “Your majesties I was simply told to tell you that we have some visitors!” The guard said in a frantic tone. I looked over at the guard. “Did these visitors tell you who they were?” I asked him and he looked like he was going to piss himself for telling me. “I-I was told by the Prince of Mania to come and find all of you, or be turned into cheese!” The guard screamed as if that was actually going to happen. After five seconds I knew who he was talking about. “Thank you, back to your station.” I said dismissing the guard and got up from my chair. Luna looked at me with a concerned expression. “Don’t worry everything’s going to be fine my love.” I said as I scratched behind her left ear. Luna smiled at me in response. “Alright, just be careful.” Luna said as I walked towards the door and gave her a thumbs up as my response.

(Canterlot Castle Throne Room, Kai’s P.O.V.)

As I entered the throne room I noticed that all of the guards were all cowering in the corners of the room to stay away from the rest of my Daedric brethren. I was elated to see them, but they didn’t seem to share my enthusiasm as I looked over towards the right side of the room and saw the Aedra looking at me with serious expressions on their faces as well. “Hey guys how are you doing?” I asked nervously as Sheogorath walked up to me and slapped me. “How rude of ya to ask such a stupid question, things are absolutely shitty back home!” Sheogorath said in his hyper tone of voice. “Sheogorath’s right, things are absolutely horrible with Nirn, as Jyggalag has forced us out of Oblivion, and the Aedra out of Aetherius.” Hermaeus Mora said with a deadpanned tone. I looked at them with a confused expression. “I’m not following you guys, what does this have to do with me?” I asked them and they all facepalmed. “It’s because of your little disappearing act this is happening!” Molag Bal said with regret of what led to this turn of events. I gestured for him to continue his explanation. “See when you disappeared, we needed someone in charge of the goody-two-shoes department, so we brought Jyggalag back, and the bastard overpowered all of us, Aedra included and banished us here, and now Nirn is way too orderly for even the slightest bit of chaos.” Molag said throwing his arms into the air to further punctuate his point. “Did somepony say chaos?” I heard a voice say as we all saw a strange creature made of a lion, dragon, pony, bird, and other animals appear in the throne room. “My name’s Discord, reformed master of chaos and disharmony at your service.” The creature known as Discord said with a bow. “Nice to meet you, but as you can see this is rather important, so could you leave us alone for a bit?” Azura said politely asking Discord to leave us.

“Sure, I was going to go bug Celestia anyway.” Discord said as he disappeared from the room. With Discord out of our business I felt a bit better that someone could lighten the mood. “Ok, so what needs to be done? As I see it Nirn can no longer stabilize itself since the Aedra have been forced out of Aetherius, so we need a way to restabilize Nirn, but how?” I said as I paced back and forth trying to get an idea of what we needed to do to save Nirn from complete destruction. “The only solution to save Nirn would be, to fuse it with this world, but if we do that, then the natives of this world will change to fit their new world.” Akatosh said making the others nod in agreement as he presented the solution to us. I nodded in agreement to this solution. “Ok, that’s settled, but what’re we going to do about Jyggalag?” I asked curiously. “We can’t just merge him back with Sheogorath, the Hero of Kvatch is who made Sheogorath a separate Daedric Prince.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Oh yeah that’s right, well, shit we’re screwed then.” Sanguine said remembering that Jyggalag and Sheogorath were now permanently separate Princes now. “We’re not screwed, let’s just talk to him, he’s going to expect us to come in ready to fight, but now we literally have nothing to fight back with.” Meridia said to Sanguine. “She’s right he has to understand that what he’s doing is doing more harm than good.” Stendarr said with an affirming nod. “Alright so we talk to Jyggalag and convince him to stop what he’s doing, then we save Nirn by merging it with Equus if I’m summarizing this correctly.” I said by using my fingers to help me point out what needed to be done to end this crisis. I received nods of agreement. “Ok, well now that’s settled, I’ve got some really great news for you guys!” I said as I remembered that I could tell them about my engagement to Luna while they were here. “Well spit it out lad, we haven’t got all eternity.” Sheogorath said with a smile.

“Alright, I’m getting hitched to one of the rulers of this world, and she’s responsible for safeguarding dreams, raising and lowering the moon, creating an artistic masterpiece called the night sky, and she’s very beautiful.” I said with a smile as I described Luna to them. Everyone in the room, except Boethiah and Mehrunes Dagon gave a ‘congratulations’, ‘when’s the big day?’, all of the basic questions people would ask you when you break this kind of news to them. “So where’s the blushing bride?” Azura asked curiously. As if on cue Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Discord came running into the throne room laughing like mad at some of Discord’s jokes. As Luna stopped laughing she took notice of all of the visitors in the throne room and ran to her beloved’s side. “Who are they?” Luna asked timidly. “Well Luna all of the beings to my left are the rest of the Daedric Princes: Molag Bal, Sheogorath, Boethiah, Mehrunes Dagon, Peryite, Sanguine, Hircine, Nocturnal, Mephala, Namira, Vaermina, Malacath, Clavicus Vile, Nocturnal, Meridia, and Hermaeus Mora.” I said inhaling before naming each of the other princes as I pointed to each of them. “The beings to my right are the Aedra: Akatosh, Kynerath, Dibella, Mara, Julianos, Stendarr, Arkay, Zenithar, and Talos.” I said inhaling before saying their names and pointing to each of them.

(Canterlot Castle Throne Room, Luna’s P.O.V.)

After Kai briefly introduced each of the two god-like factions from his world I was stunned beyond belief. “Why are they here?” I asked myself as I smiled and bowed my head respectfully. “It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” I said to them, but the Daedric Prince, Azura, walked up to me. “I see that Kai’s put that soul gem I gave him to good use.” Azura said as she spotted my engagement ring on my horn and kneeled to meet my eyes. I smiled and blushed at her compliment. “Thank you, Azura, it really is a lovely gem.” I said to her, Azura nodded in agreement. “I must say that Kai certainly wasn’t lying when he said that his fiance was beautiful.” Sheogorath said as he came up to me, and hugged me tightly. “Welcome to our somewhat insane family!” Sheogorath practically shouted into my ear. “Thanks, I think.” I said as Sheogorath released me from his hug. I looked over at Kai with concern. “Kai, honey, why are they here?” I asked him. Kai sighed as he closed his eyes. “Luna, babe, they’re here because Nirn’s is in trouble, as in the world is destabilizing trouble.” Kai said to me slightly upset with himself. “You’re saying that as if it’s your fault.” I said to him as I got closer to him.

“It partly is my fault, because I left Nirn, the others had to bring back Jyggalag to balance out the chain of command in Oblivion, but Jyggalag ended up forcing the others out of Oblivion, and forced the Aedra out of Aetherius, meaning that Jyggalag has completely destabilized Nirn to the point that it needs a host world to merge with in order to restabilize itself, and Equestria has been selected to be merged with Nirn to save it from absolute destruction.” Kai explained to me, Tia, Cadence, and Discord. “Don’t worry, everything will work out, and then we can have our wedding after this is over, I can wait.” I said as I looked up into his eyes lovingly. He kneeled down to my level, leaned forward and kissed him, and he kissed me back. I could hear the other Princes with the exception of Mehrunes, Boethiah, and Nocturnal, along with Tia, Cadance, Discord, and the Aedra say “Awwww” at us. As we parted from our kiss Kai lightly scratched behind my left ear. “Thank you for supporting me my sweet, I promise that once this is over, I’m going to give you the wedding of your dreams.” He said as he stroked my mane lovingly. “Thanks, but there’s somepony missing.” I said as just now realized that Garrin was nowhere to be found. Kai looked around and noticed that I was right. “Oh yeah, I wonder where Garrin is…” He said as he laughed a little.

(Canterlot Carousel, Sassy’s Bedroom, Garrin’s P.O.V)

After a great night of revealing my true self to all of our friends, Sassy and I confessed our feeling for each other and went back to her place for the night. We fell asleep in each other’s embrace, and I’ve never felt happier. “Oh what a night, but it was truly worth it.” I thought to myself as I looked at the beautiful mare lying on my chest still sound asleep. I gently stroked her mane and she made a slight moan as she awoke from her slumber. “Good morning, my darling.” I said as her eyes met my own. “Good morning.” Sassy said as she shifted herself up to lean in for a kiss. I leaned down and met her halfway and she giggled at the gesture. “I guess that’s one of the advantages of having two legs, it makes it better to stay out of reach from anypony that’s not your special somepony..” Sassy said as she joked about my height. “Ha, well maybe if you could stand on two legs you wouldn’t have to work so hard to get a kiss.” I teased and we both laughed. Just as Sassy was going to retort, her stomach had other plans, since it growled at her and made her blush. “I guess we should get something to eat.” She said pointing out the obvious. “I guess so, this is your house, so lead the way.” I said as I let her get off of me and walked towards the door.

As we entered the kitchen Sassy told me to take a seat at the table while she started to prepare some eggs, pancakes, and orange juice for breakfast. “I hope you like it.” Sassy said as she turned her attention back to cooking. “Don’t worry, I can pretty much stomach anything, one time I ate rock on a dare from my Master once, and it went through like normal food, not to mention the rock was the size of my fist.” I said as I remembered that I’ve eaten worse things than just bad cooking. “Really, did it cause any indigestion?” Sassy asked me with a little concern. “Nope, it just got digested like regular food.” I said as I shrugged my shoulders. “That’s interesting my dear, but seriously I really hope you like what I’ve made.” Sassy said as she put on the finishing touches to our meal. “I appreciate it my darling, I really do.” I said as she brought our plates over to the table and sat down in her seat. Sassy giggled at my statement. “Well, dig in.” She said as she used her magic to levitate some pancakes and eggs onto her plate. I waited until she was finished getting what she wanted, and got some food for myself. After I got what I wanted, I took my knife and fork and started carving my pancakes, I brought the fluffy, flat, cake to my mouth and placed it inside. My eyes widened in amazement, these were the best pancakes I’ve ever tasted! “Mmm!” I moaned contentedly as I ate my food. “I see that my cooking is to your liking?” Sassy asked nonchalantly. I said nothing because I had a mouthful of food,Then I swallowed. “Are you kidding this is best food I’ve had in ages!” I said with enthusiasm.

After breakfast, I gathered my belongings and headed to the front door, where Sassy was waiting for me. Sassy looked me in the eyes with smile gracing her features. “Promise me you’ll come back to me.” Sassy said as she slightly pouted. “I promise you, I will return to you.” I said as I kneeled down to her and gave her a kiss on the lips. After we broke our kiss I set off to find my Master back at the castle.

(Canterlot Castle 3rd P.O.V.)

As Garrin approached the castle he saw a group of guards trembling in fear as if they had seen a ghost or something. Garrin didn’t bother asking as he opened the door and to his great surprise, he saw the rest of the Daedric Princes and even the Aedra along with Celestia, Luna, a princess he didn’t recognize, and a very strange combination of creatures turn towards him as Kai walked up to him. “Master, what’s going on?” He asked with a worried expression. “Garrin my friend, Nirn is in dire trouble.” Kai said cryptically, but it got the attention of the Dremora as Garrin’s face turned from slight worry to full on panic. “Oh what have I done?” Kai asked himself as he felt responsible for what was happening to his original homeworld of Nirn.
“What are we going to do, Master?” Garrin asked hoping that Kai would have some kind of plan like he always does. “I don’t know Garrin, I don’t know.” Kai said to Garrin as he hung his head in shame.

(Nirn, Present Time)

Nirn was changed from it’s regularly chaotic nature to a state of eternal order and precision. On a throne made of crystal, a lone Daedric Prince gazed towards the sky. “Soon we shall meet on the field of the mind dear brother, and the victor decides the fate of Nirn, judging souls, and being in charge of keeping ‘order’ in the universe.” The Daedra said as he stood up from his throne and walked towards a portal in one of the mountain valleys of Skyrim. “Soon, our battle will begin and those who assist you will suffer as well.” The prince said as he began to step through the portal.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony, It's me Randablitz, and thanks for the ongoing support of the story. Also a big shout out to The Joeker for his suggestions for the story and Dark Obsidian for helping me edit the story. Go check out their stories and add this story to your Favorites, and stay tuned for the biggest battle of the Daedra!:rainbowdetermined2: