• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 3,540 Views, 85 Comments

A Daedra's Heart - Randablitz



In the plane of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, the newly annointed Daedric Prince of Moralistic Choices, Kai, seeks a lover to end his loneliness.

  • ...
52
 85
 3,540

Chapther 3: Party Games & Story-Telling

The "Welcome To Equestria/ New Friends" party that Pinkie Pie was throwing at Twilight's castle was in full swing, everypony was playing games, drinking, talking, and dancing the night away. Kai however was doing something he loved to do around people he has never met before, and that was telling stories/ legends of the land of Tamriel.

"Ugh, this is so boring!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed right in the middle of the legend of how Tamriel was created.

"Oh, I'm so sorry that you find the legend of my dimension's creation so boring," Kai said agitation evident in his voice. "Then how about you think of something fun to do!" he shouted scaring the crowd of fillies and colts that sat in front of him.

"Alright, I challenge you to a drinking contest, first one to pass out loses, that sound fine to you?" Rainbow Dash said with enthusiasm.

"'Kay, but we're not drinking that 'cider' of yours, no, we're drinking a special brew that was made by my friend Sanguine, the Daedric Prince of Debauchery." Kai said with a devious smile plastered on his face. "Unless of course you're awesome enough to try it, then you can just walk away." he said knowing full well that if that there was one thing Rainbow Dash hated more than anything it was being publicly humiliated.

"I don't care what you say I am awesome enough, so let's do this!" Rainbow said with enough pride to make even the "Great and Powerful" Trixie blush.

"Alright then, ladies first." Kai said preparing the two tankards of Sanguine's Brew.
"Down the hatch!" Rainbow said as she drank the tankard filled with the strange liquid. "Beat that, princey." she said eager to win.
"Don't get your hopes up Rainbow, that was only round one." Kai said knocking his tankard back. "Round two starts now." he said refilling the tankards completely.

"I'll give ya one last chance to give up." Rainbow said taking her tankard. "I mean, it's okay to admit that you can't win." She said trying to cover up her own false confidence.

"No, not a chance I'm not even close to being drunk yet." Kai said with a smile.

"Alright here goes nothin'" Rainbow said as she knocked her tankard back a second time. "Your turn." She said nearly letting out a hiccup.

"And another one for me." Kai said knocking back his second tankard of the evening. In the back of his mind he remembered that this was the same exact thing that Sanguine did with him a long time ago, remembering this made him chuckle a bit.

"What's so funny?" Rainbow asked arching an eyebrow at her competitor.

"Oh, I just remember the time Sanguine and I did the exact same thing that we're doing, but he gave up after round two, but I'm not going to do that, how 'bout you?" Kai explained as he finished off his drink.

"Alright, I think I'm gonna call it quits here, I don't feel so good." Rainbow said placing her tankard down on the table. Her statement wasn't unheard by just her competitor, but everypony in the castle stopped everything the were doing and gasped at the fact the cockiest of all ponies just said she gave up at something.

"But Dashie you never give up at anything!" Pinkie Pie said completely flabbergasted by her friend.

"Sorry Pinks, I just did, and I don't want to completely lose, so it's best to quit while I'm ahead." Rainbow said in near dejection.
"Oh don't be so hard on yourself, besides," Kai said after drinking his third tankard, "You knew that you were going to lose if you tried to push against your stomach, so technically you never lost the contest, so it's a win-win, you get a new drinking buddy, and I get to beat somebody at something I haven't done in at least 300 years!" Kai exclaimed the drink finally giving him a buzz.

A few minutes later Pinkie Pie asked if Garrin if he wanted to play "Pin the Tail on the Pony" he accepted, but what he didn't know was that Princesses Luna and Celestia had a little side bet going, Luna bet 500 bits that Garrin would pin the tail on the head, Celestia bet that he would pin the tail in the right place.

"Alright let's get you set up." Pinkie said placing the blindfold over Garrin's eyes.
"So the objective is to place the tail somewhere on the poster, correct?" Garrin asked to make sure he heard the instructions correctly.
"Yep, now get ready to spin." With no more warning that that she spun Garrin like a top on a smooth surface.

"Whoa, I think I'm going to be sick, is that normal?"
"Yeah, but that's the whole point silly, now you have to pin the tail."
"Alright here goes nothing!" Garrin said as he placed the tail on the poster. "Can I look now?" he asked igniting his magic to remove the blindfold.
"Yeah go ahead." Pinkie said in her never fading cheerful tone.

As it turned out, Garrin placed the tail in the right spot even if he was dizzier than a sweater in a tumble dryer. Celestia looked over to Luna and smiled before the words "You owe me 500 bits little sis." Luna wasn't a sore loser so she coughed up the dough she promised her sister. "Better luck next time I suppose." Luna said with a smile.

"Wait, hold on a second you two were betting on me?" Garrin said with a hint of disappointment in his voice.
"Yes, we did, but you still won, so there's that." Luna said smiling at the grey unicorn.

About 3 hours have passed and everypony was starting to gather around Kai because Twilight noticed that more and more ponies were more interested in his stories about Tamriel. So Twilight told Vinyl, Octavia, and Lyra to play some music to fit the mood of his story-telling to keep everpony interested. As the musicians got lost in their music, Kai decided to cast a visualization spell on everypony so they could see what he was describing in his stories so he wouldn't have to suffer constant interruptions during his stories.

"Alright, let's begin with the origins of Tamriel before I tell you about me, does that sound fair to everpony?" Kai asked before he began his tales of mysticism, adventure, danger, and wonder. Everypony simply nodded in response to his question. "Awesome it all starts with darkness..." Kai went on the explain how the mortal realm of Mundus was created by the Aedra, and how they are the main beings of worship, with the exception of the Dunmer that is. He went on to talk about each of the races of Tamriel, and he explained everything that his listeners needed to know about the Daedra. "Ok so are there any questions, before I continue?" Kai asked his audience with a smile.

"Yeah, I've got a question Mr. Kai." Scootaloo said raising a hoof.

"What's your question child?" Kai asked the little orange filly with his warm, comforting voice.

"There are 18 Daedric Princes right?" Scootaloo started, "So who's the eighteenth?" she finished her question with absolute uncertainty.

"I was about to tell that story, but I'll give you a hint, he's in this very room right now." Kai said with a wink. With her curiosity sated Scootaloo was very perplexed to hear about the eighteenth Daedric Prince. "Now where was I?" He rhetorically asked his audience, and they all shared a hearty laugh as they all knew where his story was ending up. "Alright jokes aside, I told all of you that mumbo jumbo to tell you the real story of my presence here, would you like to hear it?" he asked getting cheers of encouragement from even the princesses of the day, night, and friendship. "'Kay here we go, A long time ago..." Kai proceeded to tell his audience that he wasn't a pony by origin, but a simple man from the snow capped land of Skyrim that went on many exciting adventures, and how eventually became the newest addition to the Daedric pantheon. He noticed that everpony was starting to feel more afraid of him, so he decided to reassure them. "Don't worry, I'm not going to harm anyone, I just want to you to know about me before you judge me alright?" he asked with a slight frown emerging on his face. Everypony soon saw that their sudden rejection of him was foolish and misplaced and cumulatively said "Sorry, Lord of Morals". Kai chuckled at their apology slightly. "You don't have to be so 'professional', I mean we're all friends here." he said with a pleasant smile. Everpony simply smiled and nodded. "Now let me finish my story, if that's okay with you." He said with a tone that sounded like Fluttershy's. "Okay now let's see, aw shit, I forgot where I was in my story, I think I could use some help finding my place again." he said with a slight frown. Luna was the most attentive to her new friends' story and she raised her hoof to tell him where he left off, he noticed "Yes, Princess Luna, do you remember where I was in my story?" he asked quizzically.

"Actually I do, you were just about to tell us about what your realm in Oblivion looks like." Luna said with utmost certainty.
"Yes that's right, so glad someone is paying attention in 'class' today." Kai said jokingly making Luna blush at his comment. "Alright my realm is based off my cutie mark," he stood up drawing his cutie mark on the wall with his magic. "The halo represents those who are virtuous souls that are completely devoted to doing good, the horns represent those who are completely corrupted by their cruelty, and greed and seek to have anything they want without any regard for others, and the scales represent the morally neutral, meaning that they're not completely good, but they're not completely evil, they are an equal mix of both and don't seek to meddle in matters that don't concern them. Each of the symbols just so happen to represent the three types of souls that I'm in charge of, but perhaps the best way to explain this is to show it to you, but I'm only going to describe the city of corrupt souls in words, because I don't even go there for any reason!" Kai said with frustration making its way into his voice when he was referring to the city of Greyan. Everypony was perplexed by the complexity of his cutie mark and each of the symbols meaning, but they chose to take his word about the corrupt souls and their dwelling.

"Well why did ya create the place, if ya hate it so much, sugar cube?" Applejack asked arching an eyebrow at Kai.
"Gotta put the horrible bastards somewhere, I mean really as horrible as they are, they won't mess with anyone outside their city." Kai said with a shrug.

"What does the word 'bastard' mean?" Sweetie Belle asked innocently.
"It means that your parents weren't married when they had you, and it also means that you're extremely ungrateful." Kai said trying really hard not to give the little filly the idea that using that word was acceptable. "Are there any more questions about my language that need to be answered?" he asked sarcastically.

"ah've got one, what does "piss off" mean?" Applebloom asked completely unaware of what sarcasm was.
"Why did I even open my mouth?" Kai asked himself. "That word means to urinate, or that you're starting to get angry at something, it also means 'go away'." He explained as tactfully and gracefully as could. Kai could tell that the little yellow filly was still confused, so he decided to give her an idea of what he meant. "Let me give you an example, let's say you're at school and the resident school bully is picking on you and your friends, and you're not in the mood for their stupidity, so you say the phrase 'Piss off' to them they'll usually go away. Does that help?" he asked her after giving his explanation.

"Ah guess so." She replied not knowing how just one word could get somepony to leave her alone. Ah think I should use that phrase the next time Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara mess with me, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. Applebloom thought to herself.
"Now, with those 'pleasantries' out of the way, who wants to eat and drink until they pass out?" Kai said with enthusiasm.

"Oh, oh, I do!" Pinkie Pie squealed with glee.
"Glad to see that someone got with the program!" Kai shouted in happiness.

The overly energetic party pony and Daedric Prince ate and drank just about half of all the snacks and alcoholic beverages in the castle in under two hours. Kai was having a wonderful time, but it all came to an end when everpony heard a voice coming from outside the castle. The voice uttered one sentence, and that was "Come out here Twilight Sparkle, princess or not I challenge you to a magic duel!"