• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 3,542 Views, 85 Comments

A Daedra's Heart - Randablitz



In the plane of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, the newly annointed Daedric Prince of Moralistic Choices, Kai, seeks a lover to end his loneliness.

  • ...
52
 85
 3,542

Prologue: A Change of Scenery

In the realm of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, a realm that was as ever changing as a person's life. How it appeared was in accordance to one's moralistic life choices, to some an eternal paradise, for others a dismal, sad, gray realm. The realm has three distinct cities that are bordered by a mountain range, lush countryside, and a thick forest full of wild animals. Each of the cities have unique weather patterns, and societies.

The first city is known as Greyan the city of the morally corrupt, and cruel. The weather there consists of dark clouds, fog, ice, and rainstorms. Greyan is often described as the sociopathic version of the Imperial City, where the buildings are gray, cold, and devoid of emotion. The second city is known as Orden the city of the morally neutral. Upon first glance, one might confuse Orden with the hold of Falkreath in the province of Skyrim because the buildings all have thatched roves, wooden frames, and the thick forest lies to the western edge of the city. This region's weather pattern is as unpredictable, and diverse as the weather on the mortal plane of Mundus.

The third city of this realm is appropriately named Virtuoso. This particular city is home to the morally responsible, and selfless. This city is a beautiful fortress made of a combination of black steel, stone, and naturally growing soul gem formations. It is within this very city that the ruler lives in the appropriately named landmark known as the Palace of Morals. This palace features a large tower that overlooks the entire city and gleams in the sunlight as the sun rises and sets each day to help travelers find their way to the city.

Within the Palace of Morals, the Daedric Prince Kai was awakening to a beautiful sunrise, but he looked like he hadn't slept in a decade or so. Kai was 6-feet tall, had dark brown hair, a fair complexion, a slender build, and hazel eyes. Kai cleared his throat and shouted, "GARRIN, GET IN HERE NOW!" As if on cue, Garrin appeared in his master's bedroom wearing his armor and stood a good a foot or two away from his master. Garrin stands at the height of 5' 8", he had the appearance of a Dunmer with two horns protruding from his head, and had red war paint around his eyes and continued down to his neck.

"You called for me master?" Garrin asked.

"Yes, I did Garrin, I need to know something." Kai stated bluntly.

"What do need to know master?"

"I need to know why I've been feeling so damn miserable and bored, I mean really, I haven't felt this horrible since the time I stressed myself out about getting stuck in the Hunting Grounds for twenty years!" Kai stated angrily at the fact he nearly embarrassed himself in front of Hircine.

Suddenly Garrin's voice broke the silence in the room, "Well my lord, I think that a change of scenery could do you some good." Garrin suggested. "I mean, it would give you an opportunity to at least cease your boredom and depression." Garrin stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yeah, that sounds great Garrin, but I think you're forgetting something." Kai said with a slightly forced smile on his face.

"And what would that be master?"

"I'm not allowed in the mortal realm in any way!!" Kai shouted angrily at his faithful chamberlain with the force of a hurricane while preparing a fireball destruction spell.

"Wait master, I meant to a plane of existence where no one has ever heard of either the Aedra, or Daedra!" Garrin shouted in complete fear of his master's wrath.

Kai stopped himself mid cast of his fireball that was aimed straight at his servant's face for his statement from earlier. Kai didn't say a word for what felt like an eternity, but it was only five minutes and a mischievous grin made its way on to his face.

"Garrin, I have only one thing to say to you about your plan." Kai said in his usually calm and collected tone of voice that he uses to address his worshipers.

"And what's that my Lord?" Garrin asked completely puzzled by his master's sudden change in his mood.

"YOU'RE A GODSDAMN GENIUS!" Kai shouted in sheer happiness whilst leaping into the air nearly breaking through the ceiling of his bedroom. He eventually came back down and hugged his servant with the force of a spine shattering slab of granite.

"I'm glad you think so master, but could you do me a favor please?" the hapless dremora asked his gleeful master who was unknowingly crushing his spine.

"And what would that favor be my friend?"

"Could you please stop crushing me I can't breathe!" Garrin shouted almost inaudibly due to the fact that his lungs were being squashed.

"Whoops, I am so very sorry about that Garrin..." He paused "It's just that, this has got to be your most brilliant idea EVER!" He shouted in absolute joy. Kai then released his chamberlain from his death grip of a hug and smiled widely at him.

"So what do we do now?" He asked with curiosity in his voice.

"I really don't know my master, perhaps we should prepare ourselves for our journey, or something like that." The dremora said with shrug not really knowing what to do for such a journey.

"Right, let's see what we need to bring," Kai said thinking of what to bring on this journey. "Maybe we should bring my artifacts, clothes, throne, weapons, armor, and these miniature statues of myself." He said listing out all of the things they were taking with them to this new plane of existence.

"Sounds perfect my Lord, now shall we?" Garrin asked his master eagerly waiting his response.

"Yep, let's go." Kai said with affirmation present in his voice. "But I think we should create an Oblivion Gate outside the cities so that we can enjoy the scenic route home or something like that."

"Great idea it would also help us out if we choose to return at any time." Garrin said nodding his head in agreement.

Once they reached the outskirts of all three of the cities the opened an Oblivion Gate that was set on the magical signature of their destination.

"Alright then let's get this show on the road, are you ready?" Kai looked to his faithful companion. Garrin simply nodded and the both of them stepped through the rift the made in the fabric of space and time.


Meanwhile in Canterlot Castle in Equestria, Princess Celestia just finished raising the sun for the morning to start her day, but while she made her way to the throne room she heard something. She had heard this sound before, it was the sound of somepony crying. Celestia followed the sound of the voice down the hallway and ended up standing right in front of Luna's bedroom. Celestia pressed her ear to the door listening the sound of her sister crying her heart out. Celestia finally pulled her head away from the door and regained her composure trying not to shed a tear in sympathy for her sister.

"Lulu, are you alright?", Celestia asked with concern.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine Tia." Luna said in between sobs hoping her sister would leave her alone.

"That's a lie Lulu, please don't lie to me, I'm worried about you." Celestia said with genuine sincerity in her voice.

"GO AWAY!" Luna shouted in the Royal Canterlot Voice at her dear sister.

"I'm just trying to help you Luna, because we're family and family sticks together right?" Celsetia said starting to tear up from the emotional wound that her own sister had given her. "Please Lulu, I don't like it when you're upset, it breaks my heart to see you this way." she said trying to regain her little sister's attention. "Open the door please I want, no I NEED to talk to you." Celestia stated as calmly as she could.

"Oh fine, whatever." Luna said sniffling. Luna trotted over to her door and opened it to see that her older sister standing outside her door. "What do you want?" Luna asked wiping her eyes of her fresh tears.

"I just want to know what's bothering you, that's all."

"Well if you must know, I'm upset because I don't seem to be liked beyond my status as Princess of the Night."

"I'm sure that somepony likes you outside of your royal duties."

"You're not getting it Tia, I want somepony to adore me above all others." Luna said nearly snapping at her older sister.

"I think I get it now, you want somepony to be romantically involved with you, is that what this is about?" Celestia said looking directly at her little sister's face to see if she was correct.

"Y-Yes, that is exactly what I mean!" Luna nearly shouted.

"Well I think that there's a somepony out there for you, all you have to do is find him by trusting your heart." Celestia said encouragingly placing a hoof under her dear sister's muzzle.

"Thanks Tia, I needed to hear you say that, I'm sorry I caused a ruckus for you this morning." Luna said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it Lulu, that's what I'm here for, now that we've solved this problem, I think you should get some rest, and we'll talk at dinner ok?" Celestia said smiling at Luna.

"Yeah sure, I'll see you later." Luna said as she turned around and headed back into her room closing the door behind her to get some rest.

Hours later, Celestia was eating lunch in her study when she felt an enormous tremor in her mind. This tremor didn't last for very long though, so she couldn't determine who, or what it was that caused the tremor. After eating her lunch, Celestia read through all of the various documents that were either reports from her former student Princess Twilight Sparkle, or letters from any foreign executives from Saddle Arabia, or otherwise. After reading the last letter from Twilight, Celestia found herself completely dumbfounded at what had just occurred a few moments ago. "I still can't quite wrap my head around it, how could a magical disturbance just disappear without any reason?" she said to herself as if to convince herself that she wasn't going insane. "Maybe I should ask Luna if Luna sensed it while she was asleep, or she had a dream that might have a more detailed account about this occurrence." she said to herself to make sure that somepony else was just as confused as she was.

Sometime later, Luna woke up from her slumber to get ready for her duties as princess of the night. "Ah, I feel so much better." Luna said while yawning. "I wonder what 'interesting' things happened today." she said sarcastically as far as she knew there was nothing usually interesting going on ever since Twilight and her friends defeated Tirek. As Luna made her way to the dining room she stopped when she saw her older sister walking towards her. Luna could tell that something was bothering her sister, but she couldn't figure out what it was. "I wonder what's bothering her" Luna muttered to herself. "Hey Tia what's new with you?" Luna asked hoping to get her sister's attention.

"Oh nothing much, how about you?" Celestia asked casually.

" Oh you know the usual."

The two alicorns trotted their way to the dining room where they were greeted by a simple soup and salad dinner complete with wine, fresh fruit, and cake for dessert. They took their seats across from each other. They ate their soup in complete silence, and most of their salads until Luna decided to speak up.

"Is something wrong Tia?" Luna asked arching her eyebrow in confusion.

"I don't think so, why?"

"I'm only asking because you look like you just saw a ghost or something." Luna said pointing out the fact that her sister hasn't said a word since they started eating.

"Well since you brought it up" Celestia paused preparing herself to tell her sister of the disturbing occurrence that happened earlier that afternoon. "I sensed this strange magical tremor while I was reading through the many letters from Saddle Arabia earlier this afternoon."

"What caused it?" Luna asked truly curious about what her sister had just said.

"That's where it gets very strange, as quickly as it entered my mind it vanished just as quickly, I have no idea what could be powerful enough to hide its magical signature so easily."

"That is strange, but you look like you want to ask me something else about the same thing." Luna said while noticing her sister's pleading expression.

"Well, yes, I just to know if you've had a dream that might help shed some light on the matter." Celestia stated with urgency.

"Now that you mention it I did see two very strange figures appear from an odd looking stone archway that had this purple and blue glow in its center. I didn't see much after that though." Luna said looking a little disappointed in herself.

"Don't think less of yourself Lulu, at least we both have some semblance of understanding for what caused that tremor and your dream today." Celestia said reassuringly.

"When do you think that these beings will appear, and are they a danger to our subjects?" Luna asked with a worried expression on her muzzle.

"To be honest, I really don't know, but I think we should wait and see what they do when they get here."

"Agreed."

After their interesting discussion at dinner Celestia went to lower the sun so Luna could raise the moon could take over for the night. "Sleep well Tia, I'll check on you when I can." Luna said to comfort her sister tat she wouldn't be alone in her dreams.

"Thanks, and good night Lulu, I'll see you tomorrow morning." Celestia said as she hugged her sister and trotted off to her room to retire for the night.


Meanwhile, somewhere between the Isles of Perception and Equestria, Kai and Garrin were just gliding through the rift they made in time and space. Kai fell asleep about three hours after entering the Oblivion Gate, Garrin was fighting the urge to sleep, but soon he saw a faint blue shimmer at the end of the rift.

"Um, master, master, master" Garrin said while tapping Kai's shoulder in an attempt to wake him up.

"Huh, What's going on, are we there yet?" Kai said sleepily.

"Just about, I thought it wise to wake you so don't end up in an embarrassing position when we reach our destination." Garrin stated matter-of-factly.

"Good idea, I mean we're almost there so, let's take things slow and figure out as much as we can about this plane of existence." Kai stated knowing full well that they had no idea what is going to be on the other side of that gateway.

"Right, but I strongly suggest that we try to blend in with the inhabitants before we show them what we really are." Garrin reasoned.

"Yes! Let's not scare them shitless with our awesome power right off the bat, because then we won't enjoy ourselves." Kai stated.

"Well, get ready, we're arriving at our destination." Garrin said while observing the closeness of the gateway.

"Perfect! I can't wait to see this new plane of existence." Kai said as they entered the gateway that would lead Kai to his destiny.