• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 3,543 Views, 85 Comments

A Daedra's Heart - Randablitz



In the plane of Oblivion known as the Isles of Perception, the newly annointed Daedric Prince of Moralistic Choices, Kai, seeks a lover to end his loneliness.

  • ...
52
 85
 3,543

Chapter 7: Visit to Canterlot

After inducting Ms. Cheerilee into his circle of champions, and earning the loyalty of her students, Kai went to the Mane 6 to try to convert them on the same day, but was met with mixed results. The results being: Rarity joining because of the glorious apparel, Applejack said yes because Kai was a kind, and honest pony that she could trust with her secrets. She also let her sister stay in the cult, Pinkie Pie joined because Kai was really fun to hang around, Fluttershy was too scared to even utter a response, Rainbow Dash joined because of Kai's deference for loyalty over brutality, and Twilight joined as well because he had a friend in the Daedric pantheon that had a wealth of information, and then she wrote a letter to Princess Celestia detailing what Kai has been up to ever since his party three days ago.

All Kai could think of doing at this point was reconstructing the castle in the Everfree Forest to become the temple for his congregation to gather for prayer, advice, or just to spend some time with Kai if they didn't have anything better to do. "Things are really looking up for us Garrin." Kai said with a smile. "We haven't been here for a week and we already had a strong foothold in this dimension in terms of worshippers! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that the natives of this dimension would be so accepting of us despite what we're supposed to look like!" Kai continued to say with glee.

"Indeed master, it has been a very eventful few days, but what's next in your grand scheme?" Garrin asked with an arched eyebrow genuinely curious of his master's future plans for Equestria.
"I don't know yet, but in the mean time let's gather our new worshippers and tell them that we must begin the construction of our temple." Kai said with determination. Garrin needed no further instructions as he disappeared in a flash of red light and sought out Trixie, Cherilee, the foals in Cheerilee's class, Pinkie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash to bring them Kai's latest decree. Garrin found himself on the hill near Ponyville Elementary where Ms. Cheerilee and her students were proceeding with the day's lessons. Garrin teleported himself into the classroom startling the new Champion of Wrath, but then her fear turned into a welcoming grin.

"What does our master require of us Garrin?" Cheerilee asked with a proud smile adorning her muzzle.
"Our master requires you and your class to go to the entrance of the Everfree Forest and wait for further instructions." Garrin said in a serious tone emphasizing that this was a direct order that was to never be questioned.

"Consider it done." Cheerilee said with a smile. She looked over Garrin's shoulder and addressed her class. "Class is dismissed due to Lord Kai's decree." All of the foals in the room roared with cheer as their teacher has given them permission to head to the Everfree, but told Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and the CMC to find Pinkie, Rarity,Rainbow Dash, and Twilight to help Garrin take less time to complete his task.
"Good, that's settled, now to find the Champion of Insight." Garrin said as he disappeared from the classroom. Garrin knew how to find Trixie the problem was that she was in Manehattan doing a show and Garrin tried to contact her through telepathy, but she wasn't able to focus on him. (Essentially she didn't answer the phone and it went to voice mail.)

After a good five attempts to telepathically contact Trixie, Garrin went to Manehattan to tell her himself. With an irritated sigh Garrin disappeared in a burst of purple-blue flames and reappeared in Trixie's trailer and found her on her bed asleep. Taking matters into his own hooves he used magic to levitate Trixie on to his back and teleport them both back to the entrance to the Everfree Forest where Kai and all of his other followers and newly anointed champion all gathered to hear Kai's new decree, however they still needed to wake Trixie from her nap. Garrin's answer was to just kiss her on the lips, the crowd laughed as Trixie kicked Garrin in the face shortly after he tried to kiss her.

"Now that you're awake Trixie we can begin." Kai said as his laughing fit died down and turned to the crowd before him. "I've called you all here today to announce that we'll be building our new temple in this forest in that abandoned castle since it has most of the structural components still intact, all we'll need to do is work together to fix it up to suit our purposes." Kai said with an encouraging smile. The crowd cheered as they knew that they were going to work hard alongside their master. "Also after we're done I'm planning a visit to Canterlot, so until I return from my trip, my champions are in charge, is that clear?" he asked in a father-like tone that resonated with crowd uttering the words "Yes master" simultaneously. "Good, now let's get to building." Kai said as he levitated hard hats to his followers.

After what felt like years of work, but compressed into only three days, due to Kai's ability to distort the laws of space and time, they finished their temple and began putting on the finishing touch, moving the Oblivion Gate to the temple. It was a challenge due to the fact that nopony, except Kai and Garrin knew how to move such a portal without disrupting the magical link that the portal had to the Isles of Perception and Equestria, but after nearly two-and half hours, they managed to move the portal into the temple with no malfunctions to the magical flow. Kai wiped the sweat from his brow with a hoof and looked to his loyal followers with a smile. "I'm glad we managed such a massive project in less than what I originally expected, now this temple is your sanctuary for new potential followers, and home away from home." The crowd before him sat at the enormous dining room table all cheered in agreement and appreciation at their master's compliment. "I'll be leaving for Canterlot tomorrow morning and I hope you'll look to these fine mares for guidance in my absence." Kai said with a reassuring tone in his voice. All of his followers nodded in agreement and they returned to their platters of food and enjoyed their celebration as if it was the end of the world. All of Kai's followers stayed at the temple until the next morning to bid their master farewell.

Kai and Garrin both thanked their new found friends and followers for their best wishes and told them to say 'hello' to Celestia and Luna for them. The both of them rolled their eyes and said that they would give them their regards when they arrived. After a half-hour of packing Kai put his most treasured artifact; the Amulet of Truth, around his neck and made sure that they packed a change of clothes, the two Daedra left their temple in a burst of purple-blue flame.

Meanwhile in Canterlot Castle, both Luna and Celestia were both getting out of bed to lower the moon and raise the sun to start their day. After a hearty breakfast the two of them went to the throne room to start hearing the various request, complaints, and other tedious matters their subjects had for them, but little did they know that over the next week things would start getting very interesting. After hours of listening to menial, petty requests and complaints, the two cosmic alicorns were in Celestia's study eating their lunches in peace, until Luna's curiosity got the better of her. "Will they ever visit us Tia?" Luna asked Celestia with a sorrowful expression on her face.

"They'll come Lulu, just be patient." Celestia said warmly hoping to get Luna to calm down. "Besides they've probably been busy with something that demands their full attention." she continued to say in her calm demeanor.
"Perhaps you're right, but I wish they'd visit us, it would be a nice change of pace for us seeing as we're both up to our manes in these stuck up nobles." Luna said with a grimace at how stuck up the nobles were with such petty matters such as why the local café shouldn't serve coffee as a beverage.
"I know what you mean, but even if they do arrive sometime today I doubt they'll be able to..." Celestia was interrupted by a flash of purple-blue flames just outside the door and hearing two distinct voices. "... find us?" Celestia finished with a confused look on her face.
(Outside Celestia's study) 2 minutes prior "Hey Garrin, did we bring everything, or do we have to go back for something?" Kai asked while looking through his suitcase for any missing items.
"I believe we brought everything master, did forget something?" Garrin said arching his eyebrow at his master's question.

"No, wait it's right here, never mind." Kai said remembering that he had the Amulet of Truth on his neck the whole time.
"Oh very good sir, but where are our gracious hosts at?" Garrin asked rhetorically with a smile on his face.

"I think we should knock first." Kai said matter-of-factly. The two of them approached the door and knocked twice.
(Celestia's study) Present Time "Oh my gosh Tia they're really here!" Luna practically squealed with joy. "I can't wait to show them around and spend some time with them!" She continued to say while adding a slight purr in her voice.

"Easy there Lulu, don't get so ahead of yourself, you might end up embarrassing yourself in front of him." Celestia said with a calm smile. "You don't want to give him the wrong idea about you, now do you?" She asked with a slight chuckle that caused Luna to blush.

"Knock, knock, anypony home?" Kai asked rhetorically. Kai laughed at his question when he realized that his little joke was too overused, but appropriate. In that instant he got an idea, he looked to Garrin and he nodded. "Hey Garrin maybe we should leave and come back later." Kai said with an exaggerated tone.
"Of course master." Garrin said playing along with Kai's mental game for the princesses.
Luna couldn't stand it any longer, so she rushed over to the door expecting to chase her guests down the hall only to come face to face with them. Kai smiled and laughed at the expression on Luna's embarrassed face. "Did you really think I'd leave here without seeing either one of you?" He said with after his laughing fit was ending.

"Y-you never left, but why did you-" Luna was interrupted by Kai. "Trick you? Simple, it was well worth seeing your face when you found out that we never left." Kai finished Luna's sentence while adding his reason for deceiving her.
"I must say Lulu, I've never seen you act that way since your return." Celestia stated matter-of-factly. Luna's response was an annoyed glare at her sister for making her blush in front of their guests.

"Stop it Tia!" Luna said in an annoyed tone. She looked back to Kai and Garrin who were busy staring at the stained glass windows of the many events that have made enormous impacts on Equestria's history, but there wasn't a window that depicted his arrival. "What's bothering you Kai?" she asked seeing the disturbed look upon his muzzle.
"I guess you could say that princess Luna, I mean it seems that these windows show huge life changing events, and..." Kai paused to keep himself from having an outburst of jealousy. "... and I don't see my arrival amongst these events, why is that?" Kai asked arching an eyebrow at the lunar princess hoping she would have the answer to his question.

"Well it's probably because not all of Equestria knows about you, or maybe it's because of the form you've taken." Luna said with certainty. "Maybe if you show us your true form maybe you'll take your place amongst these historical events." she said while putting a reassuring hoof on to his shoulder.
"Maybe, but I'm not sure if your people are ready for that yet." Kai said with certainty. " Anyway, I didn't come all this way just to complain about my place in your realm's history, I'm here to visit my two most overworked friends." He said with a cheerful smile. " so what's new with you two?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing's really new for us, just nobles coming here to gripe and complain, meetings with various diplomats from other lands, you the usual for us." Celestia responded with a small frown. "What's new with you Kai? We haven't heard much from you lately, or at all, actually." Celestia said with her curiosity piqued.
"Well, I've been very busy gathering some new followers to worship me as their god and teacher of moral lessons, I have acquired a new champion, and just most recently we've converted the castle that was partially destroyed by Nightmare Moon into our temple for both to worship me, and to give shelter to weary travelers and new possible members to our slowly growing family." Kai said recapping all of the things he has done over the past week.

"That's quite a few accomplishments you've made, Kai and in less than a month too!" Luna said with a shocked expression on her face. "How did you do it?" she asked.
"My Lord recruited some of the Elements of Harmony, the children of Ponyville, and their teacher Ms. Cheerilee as the champion of Wrath." Garrin said with a smile. "Not to mention the fact that my Lord loves to participate in the very tasks he sets up for his faithful to complete for him just for the fun of it." he continued to elaborate.

"Not to mention the fact that I can distort the laws of physics at any time I wish." Kai said with a mischievous grin.
"Oh really, is that so?" Celestia asked returning Kai's grin.

"Champion of Wrath?" Celestia asked arching an eyebrow.
"This champion is the dispenser of justice, the guardian of the faithful, and has unwavering conviction in the presence of evil." Kai explained. "If you're next question is 'Why choose Ms. Cheerilee?' then it's because she has unwavering conviction, she'll defend her students from threatening figures, and she is a good fighter in both physical and mental aspects." he continued. "I mentioned physical and mental because not only does this champion have to be a strong fighter, but they must possess an even stronger mind so they can't be corrupted by any of the other Daedric Princes' influences." he said with a slight grimace as he knew all too well what happens to weak minded champions.

Just as Celestia was going to ask another question she realized that her break with Luna was going to end in five minutes and she and Luna had to return to their thrones to listen to the menial complaints of the nobles for the next four hours. How these two managed to endure the griping and bitching of the snooty nobles without completely lashing out against them for making such stupid and stuck up requests, or as they called them, excuses. "I'm so sorry that we must cut our reunion with short Kai, but as you know, duty calls." Celestia said with regret in her voice. "I'll ask one of the servants to escort you back to the train station." she said with a slight display of anger in her voice towards the nobles that were rude enough to almost never give her, or Luna a break.

"Now just you wait a minute here Princess, I didn't pack a week's worth of clothes just to be sent back to Ponyville before dinner, I'm staying here and there's literally nothing you can do to stop me!" Kai exclaimed with a smile. "I also think that I need to have a chat with these nobles to give them the message that you and Luna are sick and tired of their dumb, hair-brained excuses that aren't worth listening to!" he continued to shout his voice echoing through the halls of the castle causing some of the guards to quake in their boots, and others to cheer in agreement with Kai's small speech of both might and displeasure for mundane requests and idiots that think that wealth is more precious than a life.

"Oh my goodness, I never thought I see the day that somepony would come along to stick up for my sister and me, we are both in your debt Kai, please stay here and help us give these nobles a piece of our minds as a token of our gratitude!" Luna said as she and Celestia heard sound of the cheering subside and Kai's face still holding his confident smile.
"We'll be more than happy to assist you, and maybe while I'm here I can look for my final champion, the Champion of Truth." Kai said with his smile never seeming to fade from his visage. "Not to mention, I've been looking for a suitable time to come and visit you two ever since we met at the party about a week ago." he said still smiling at the two princesses.

"Great, I'll have my servants take your luggage to your room, then after we're done with these requests in court, we'll show you to your room, then we'll eat dinner. How does that sound?" Luna said with all of her enthusiasm.
"That sounds perfect Luna, now let's go greet the 'nobles'." Kai said while throwing his most snooty voice on to the word 'noble'. That very statement got both princesses to laugh as if it was their first time hearing a comedic insult.

Canterlot Throne room

The nobles of Canterlot were all standing in an extremely long line to essentially annoy their princesses with petty concerns, but little did they know that this time their princesses had somepony else there with them sitting on a throne of his own. Kai had his throne positioned in between Celestia and Luna's thrones so he could be seen by the nobles as well. One noble by the name of Upper Crust came in to make a complaint.

"Your majesties, I have to ask why I haven't received my pre-ordered tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala, care to explain?" Upper Crust looked at her rulers as if she was in charge of them instead of the other way around. Celestia was about to speak, but Kai raised a hoof to stop her, he cleared his throat catching Upper Crust's attention.
"You dare to demand an explanation to such a petty request?" Kai asked with anger being disguised as curiosity. "If you think that you're in charge here, then might I say that you have your head wedged so far up your ass that you can't even see who you're even speaking to, so you better check yourself before you wreck yourself." he said as he glared at the snooty mare causing her to nearly leave the castle. However, Upper Crust stared at this new stranger for a few moments, and realized that he was right, she had no right to treat her rulers this way, she turned back to Celestia and Luna and apologized for her rude behavior. The royal sisters accepted her apology and she left with a grateful smile on her muzzle.

"How did you do that?" Celestia asked.
"I did what I thought right, and that was give you two some authority back because from what I've been hearing from the two of you it seems that your own citizens don't have a smidgen of respect for you even after all that you've done for them, they still think you're nothing, that you're not even fit to rule." Kai said his voice dripping with disdain.

"What my Lord means to say is that, you're both the rulers of Equestria and you should start acting like it, and to not let these rich, spoiled aristocrats tell you what to do." Garrin said to help enlighten Celestia and Luna to Kai's statement from a few seconds ago.
"Yes, that's exactly what I meant thank you Garrin." Kai said looking to Garrin for his translation of his master's words.

"Not at all master, I'm just here to help." Garrin said acknowledging his master's compliment.
"Oh, I didn't realize how soft we were until you pointed it out to us, but why insult Upper Crust?" Celestia said with her eyes widening at the realization that Kai did speak the truth about her being treated unfairly by her own citizens.

"That was to show you how to swallow your pride and use some of your bottled up anger in a constructive way as well as take charge of the situation at hoof." Kai explained. "Besides if you two don't nopony will." he stated in a slightly dark tone.

Over the next few hours of worthless complaints and mundane requests, both Luna and Celestia felt like a tremendous weight was removed from their shoulders when they finally grew some backbone and told the stuck-up nobles come back to them when they have something truly important to complain about, otherwise get out of the throne room. "I'm very proud of both of you." Kai said with a genuine smile on his face. "In fact, the both of you put my advice into action a lot faster than I first believed." He continued to say with a cheerful smile.
" We thank you for giving us the courage to say what we really think as well as reminding us that we are the rulers of Equestria and need to treated as such!" Luna said nearly jumping from her throne with glee.
" As much as I hate to admit it, I feel like I have put those stupid nobles in their place after decades of them as you put it 'brownosing' to get what they wanted." Celestia said somewhat unnerved by her actions over the last few hours.
" I'm glad that you're back where you need to be as well." Garrin said with a smile. " Now isn't it time for dinner?" He asked when he was rudely interrupted by his stomach growling at him. All four of them laughed at the comical irony, that Garrin hit the nail right on the head about dinner and they left for the dining hall.

After the enormous banquet of a dinner they had, Kai and Garrin followed one of Luna's thestrals to their room in the castle to retire for the night. "See you two in the morning." Kai said as he left his hosts to their own devices for the night.

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't been writing for a while, I just wanted to get some ideas churning in my mind and try to organize them into potential chapters, please leave any chapter suggestions in the comment section, please I don't want to run out of ideas!:applecry: