• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,356 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,356

Shocking News/A party for Link (Edited)

Princess Celestia was having tea with a few of her guards in her throne room, and having good conversations with them as well. There was also some laughter from them as it echoed quietly in the throne room. All of a sudden, a large burst through the door flew over the large room.

"You're majesty, you're majesty." Said a high-ranking guard running to her and bowing to her in respect. He panted to catch his breath from running.

"General Yellow Shield?" Said Celestia. "What is going on?" What ever it sounded, it must sound deadly, deadly serious by the way he had just entered her throne room. "What is it?"

"My sincere apologies for barging in here, but I have terrible news." He paused and rose his head up to show her his face when he finished "Captain Thunder Hoof and all his soldiers have gone missing when you sent them to the badlands to check for anything suspicious."

Celestia was shocked to hear that. "How did this happen?" she asked with alarm

"I... I don't know, they were just investigating for any suspicious activity near the Changeling's homeland, and then: Poof! They just vanished into thin air like some kind of dark magic. That's all I know."

She thought of what to do now, and finally, she said to one of her most trusted generals "Alright. please send a letter to Queen Chrysalis immediately. I want a few... words with her."

"What?!" Exclaimed the general. "But... but... what if she tries to kill me. I know I am a general, but... She might suck the living life out of me by sucking all of my love like a gigantic vampiric mosquito sucking all my organs out."

"Don't worry." Celestia said softly. She got up from her throne and wrapped her wing around him. "Princess Luna will come with you on your way."

Yellow Helm was a tad but relieved to hear that, but still considered it suicide to entered the lair of the succubi and incubi called Changelings, especially if Luna is going with him. However, he cannot disappoint Celestia or her younger sisters themselves, so he said "Very well, princess." and bowed his head a yes.

"Excellent." Celestia said to him. "I promise you that you will be in good hooves."

The general gave a slight smile to his grand leader, and said "Yes, princess. I am sure of that."

"You may leave now." said the princess. "Oh, and I will tell Luna about what she will be doing later."

Then the general left the room, leaving Celestia to wonder if Chrysalis was really responisible, or if it was somepony or something else that is causing this great disturbance. then she thought of She will find those missing soldiers, and then thought about telling her former protege: Twilight Sparkle about this shocking information too. She decided to see what happens and hoped that Chrysalis would negotiate peacefully with her, and not cause another conflict like at the Wedding between Shining Armor and Cadence.


Meanwhile, Link was still relaxing on the park bench with Lyra and Bon Bon still sitting with him. Turns out that they were a little finished with their little game of I Spy, and they had fun. What was even more fun was that Link played this with the kids back in Ordon all the time

"Lyra, can you play more fair next time? I couldn't even figure out the last time you were hinting on." Said Bon Bon.

Lyra giggled and she replied "okay, okay. I promise Bon Bon, only because it will make you happy."

"Well, I didn't really mind, tt was fun. I used to play this with the children in the village back in Hyrule." Link said. Of course he had more fun than Bon Bon did.

"What's it like in your village?" Asked Lyra.

Link was on the spot for a moment, but he replied "Oh it's a peaceful place. It has two lakes, one that is large and has Greengills and Ordon Catfish. The other lake is smaller and has smaller fish, but has frogs too. You would all love it there."

"That's amazing." Said Lyra."

"Yeah that does sound like we would love it." Bon Bon added.

Then a frown formed on Link's face. The two mares noticed and looked concerned about him

"What's the matter, Link?" Lyra asked

"Well... I got friends that are worried about me back home. I just hope they are all alright." Link answered, very worried about his friends from his homeland.

"Don't worry, I am sure they are a-okay." Said Bon Bon cheering him up.

Link gave a smirk. "Yeah, you're probably right." Then, he go off the bench and said "well, I might as well be going now. I want to see more of Ponyville."

"Wait! Can we come with you, please?" Lyra said with puppy eyes.

"Lyra." Bon Bon gently scolded.

"No it's fine." Link said "you can come with if you really want to."

Lyra and Bon Bon were really happy to hear that. They wanted to know more about this Hylian. They happily accompanied Link back into the streets. As they were walking, and having conversations with one another, Something made Link jump and made his heart beat like a Goron drum.

"SURPRIIIIIISSSSEEEE!!!!" said a loud group of voices. Link unsheathed the Master Sword and the Hylian shield in alarm.

"What? What?" Link said, looking around what was happening. "What is this?"

In the the crowd was Twilight, Spike, and their closest friends with them. They all walked up to him, and Rainbow said "Relax, it's not an attack."

"It's a party, silly!" said Pinkie Pie.

"A party for what?" Link asked as he slowly put his sword and shield back on his back.

"For you! To welcome you to Equestria, Link!" said Pinkie excited.

The Hylian was rather touched as if he had changed from being alarmed to calm again. He turned to Lyra and Bon Bon again and he asked them "Did you know about this?" a smile crept on his face

"Yeah, Pinkie wanted this to be a surprise." Lyra answered.

"Sorry if we were lying to you before." said Bon Bon

"It's okay, Bon Bon. I like surprises." Link replied, gently rubbing Bon Bon's mane. He turned back to his other new friends and he said "Thanks, Pinkie Pie. I don't know what to say."

"Oh stop it you, charmer." said Pinkie Pie, lightly flushing.

"Alright y'all, let's party!" Said Applejack. She her closest comrades have began to enjoy the Welcome to Equestria party for Link. The music blasted with a combination of rock, metal, and dubstep with an electric guitar solo shredding. It kind of reminded Link of the theme song for Malo Mart, but not exactly the same notes, despite that, he really enjoys it

Everyone was mingling with one another, having random conversations. Link was looking around at how happy everypony was, and was still touched by how they all threw a "welcome party" just for him.

"Hey, Link." Said Twilight, walking up to him, with Spike walking next to her.

"Oh, hi Twilight." Link replied to her.

"It's time for you to whack the pinata." Spike said

"Piñata?" Link asked

"Yeah, We'll show you." Spike said. "Come with us." He gently pulled Link's hand as he was showing him what a piñata exactly is. There was a yellow star-shaped piñata. "In this, you have to whack it until it breaks and lots of candy comes out of it." Spike exclaimed

"Candy you say?"

"Hmm-mm." Said Twilight. She gave him a wooden stick that was smaller than his Master Sword, and felt Spike's feet on his shoulders, giving him a blindfold over his eyes.

"Hey." Link chuckled with a smile. "Stop that." Then he felt the weight come off of him. "So, I must have to whack it as hard as I can until lots of candy comes out of it?" He asked, trying to remember how it works.

"Yep. Simple as that." Twilight replied

Link did noticed that many ponies were watching him and wanted to see what happens if he can break the piñata or not. He felt a tad bit nervous, but he knows that courage is one of his greatest weapons he could use.

"And remember, no peaking, okay?" Twilight reminded him

"Okay." He slowly stepped forward, and took a breath. He slowly raised his bat and did a fast vertical swing to the left, hearing a small loud crack and then the sounds that sounded a little like falling rocks.

Everypony cheered for him and the all gathered around the candy stash that just fell.

"Can I take the blindfold off me now?" the Hylian asked, wondering if it was already over.

"Yep! You can take it off now." said Pinkie Pie, then the hero boldly took it off from his eyes, seeing his new friends and other ponies enjoying the candy that he brought down from the paper-mache object.

"You might want to eat some candy, Link." Said Fluttershy, hovering next to him while smiling. "This candy is also for you since you are the honored guess."

"Alright, alright." Said Link chuckling. He then bent down to his knees and ate some of the candy, from a few chocolate bars to lollipops, and gummy candies. Their were such things as candy like this back in Hyrule, but were not as common in Hyrule, and of course, not as good as Equestrian candy. He found it really good, and savored them in his mouth before swallowing to keep enjoying the delicious taste.

"Are you enjoying the candy?" Rarity asked

"Yes." Link said after he gulped a lemon ball. A small sour look appeared his face, but he laughed. "I really wish that Hyrule had someone like these."

"Why don't we give it to them?" Said Pinkie Pie with an idea. They all gave her glares that were probably saying "you know why." Pinkie understood what those faces were saying, and she said "ooooooohhhhhh right, we don't know how to get there." She began to laugh

Everyone laughed along with her in response to her statement, and remembrance. Then all of a sudden, Spike felt like he was going to burp. A scroll came out as he hiccuped. The baby dragon read it and said "hey Twilight, it's for you."

The purple Alicorn picked it up with her magic and read out loud saying

Dear Twilight Sparkle

i am terribly sorry if I probably interrupted you in something very important. But something has happened. You see, I sent a few of my guards into the badlands for any suspicious activity, and then they all disappeared without a trace. I am giving you this because if this gets worse, I might ask you, and your friends to help me and all of Equestria. But you won't have to worry so much, because I'll send Princess Luna, and General Yellow Helm to negotiate with the great queen Chrysalis herself to see if she is behind it all like in Link's and your vision.

i will let you know in time, Princess Celestia

When she was done reading, everypony began to become a little scared about changelings coming back from the depths of the catacombs in the badlands to take over Equestria once again. Link was also concerned too.

Nevertheless, Twilight said "don't worry, Luna will see what she and the guards coming with her will do."

They were all a little uncertain, but they realized that Celestia and Luna can handle everything and are probably more powerful then Chrysalis herself, even if Luna was not quite as equally powerful as her older sister. most of the Ponyvillians decided to carry on with the party, while a few were still a little alarmed.

Link was also a little uncertain about this, but it did sound like that Celestia and Luna sound very powerful as their subjects say they are. He decided to resume his very own party, and everypony went back to mingling with one another. The Hylian himself decided to look around the party some more.

"Oy, Link!" a certain voice called. It was the colt he just defended from those two mean snobbish girls earlier. Indeed it was Pipsqueak.

"Pip!" Link said, happy to see him.

"Are you enjoying the party?" the colt asked him

"Oh yeah, It's rather a nice thing for all of you to do." Link answered, taking a sip of root beer. "Event Though Pinkie Pie was the one who really planned it." He said jokingly. "Have Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon been giving you any trouble lately?"

"No, thanks to you." Pip replied.

Link smiled at his answer. "That's good to hear."

"Well, Anyway, come here, I want you to meet somepony." It sounded like Pip wanted Link to follow him for something important now. They both walked up to a Zebra with some golden jewelry on herself, and a grey and white Mohawk for her mane. It was unlike any creature that Link had ever scene before. "Zecora." Pip said to her.

The zebra heard his voice and stopped mingling with a stallion. She looked back and saw Link and Pip. "Ah hello Pip, would you care to have a sip?"

"No thanks, but I would like to introduce you to somepony, Link." Pip said, showing her the Hylian.

Zecora was quite amazed and observed him. Link felt a little bit uncomfortable, but when she was done, she said in amazement "Ah, so you are Ponyville's new visiting creature. Tell me, what are you, and what is your name my dear?"

"Link." He replied, starting to warm up to her, feeling more comfortable. "And... I am a Hylian from the land of Hyrule. You might not be familiar with it because it is from a different world, Zecora."

"Oh, intriguing. You are definitely somepony very fascinating." Zecora said in amazement.

Link blushed at her compliment. "Ah well." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "So where do you live?"

"I live in the Everfree Forest in a hut. It is a very wonderful little abode but, the road to the Everfree forest can be really dangerous, for their are many activities that can be mysterious."

"What kind of mysterious activities?" asked Link

"There are many dangerous animals and monsters. Timberwolves, manticores, hydras, and others that are considered dangerous." Pip answered for him.

"Ah, that doesn't sound too dangerous. I slayed many types of monsters, and even saved my home from an evil wizard from taking over the land." Link said, not really scared.

Zecora and Pip were really amazed by that.

"You did fight a lot of monsters?" Pip asked

"Yep."

"How is that even so, for that type of event I would not even know." Zecora asked in amazement.

"It's a rather long story. Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime, but I just got here, and i want to just lay back here for a little while, well, unless if the problem in that letter Celestia just sent to Twilight needs my assistance for help."

"Can you at least show us your sword?" Pip asked a little eagerly.

"Well.... okay, I might as well show you. I probably cannot disappoint my fans, even if they are not from Hyrule." Link said. He slowly unsheathed the Master sword again, and shown the impressive blade to Zecora and Pipsqueak.

"Wow. That's awesome, Link." Pip said in awe.

"That is an impressive looking piece of steel." She gently and slowly touched the blade. "By the feel of this, it sounds like that with a cut from this sword, it would take a long time to heal."

"This sword is called the 'Master Sword' the blade of evil's bane, and those with evil hearts cannot touch this sword. This was the very key for me to defeat the evil wizard threatening my home. It isn't really mine, well I mean I can keep it, just not indefinitely, but I am definitely worthy to use this legendary sword. For after the battle was over and when I saved Hyrule, I placed the sword back to it's pedestal which is it's resting place." He then sheathed it again.

"That's awesome." said Pip. "That is a very cool sword."

"Indeed, it is an impressive blade, for it looks thoroughly crafted, and very well made." said Zecora. "But, I am a little confused, for how did you come here for whatever the force of Equestria may choose?"

"Well, I really don't know, Zecora. You see, I have these visions about.... uh what are they called? uuhhhhhh, changelings! Yeah that's it. And Twilight has had these visions too."

Zecora and Pip looked at eachother a little worriedly.

"But, I am pretty sure that if Celestia asked me to take care of this problem, I would definitely handle it." Link said to them to make them feel a bit better

"Well, since you defeated an evil wizard, I definitely say you can take care of the changelings with that magical sword as if you were a large, freezing blizzard." said Zecora, almost fully convinced.

"Well, It was very nice to meet you, Zecora." Link said. "I want to see what else there is at this party if you don't mind."

Zecora smiled "Not at all. If you ever want to visit me in my hut, I would be more than happy if you would give me a call." she winked at him.

"Thanks." Link said. He turned around, and stopped, seeing a scary mask right in front of his face. He gave a startled yelp and and fell on his butt to the floor, scooting back on the grass. Everypony was a little quiet as they heard Link's small scream. He was about to pull out the Master Sword again, but then the scary-face creature laughed.

"Oh don't be alarmed, Link." It said. He took off his mask and revealed a horse-like face with yellow eyes, with a black mane and with one deer antler on on side on him head with a small blue ibex like horn on the other. "I am a friend."

"Uhh, who are you, and how do you know my name?" Link said, still a little jittery about this really strange creature.

The creature bowed to himself, and he said "Je m'appelle Discord, the master of chaos, mon ami." he next shook Link's hand, very rapidly. "And I have had my eye on you for quite some time Link, from the time you arrived here, till right now."

Link did not know what to think of this, he wondered if he should attack this guy since he is the self proclaimed 'master of chaos'? or should he not since everypony wasn't attacking him.

"Discord, you made it." said Rainbow Dash, flying up to him, giving him a gentle pat on the back. "How are things?"

"Oh nothing much, Rainbow. I am still learning more about friendship." Discord answered.

"You know him?" asked Link

"We all know him, Link." said Fluttershy , coming up to them. "He used to be bad, but now he is good.

"Although he can still pull some sneaky tricks, like the one he just did on you." Rarity added.

"Oh. Well, wouldn't you call that spying on me, Discord?" Link said, still a little confused

"Spy on you? I would never." Discord replied in mock-offense. "Well, you seem like a very intriguing young boy, and Celestia told me a great deal about you."

"She... told you about me?" Link said

"Yes-siree!" said Discord. "I really hope you are enjoying the welcome to Equeastria party."

"Well I am." Link nodded with a smile. "But next time, please don't spy on me like that again. It's an invasion of my privacy."

"Yeah Discord, have you no respect for other ponies privacy?" Twilight teased. She and her friends laughed with her, Discord and Link followed them after.

"Oh! It's time for Link's presents!" Pinkie announced. There it was, a large table filled with presents, all for Link

Link was quite surprised and he didn't know what to say. "Are these all really for me?" he said at last

"Yep."

Link smiled and wondered if this is really necessary. "That's really nice, guys, but I really don't need any of this." he said modestly.

"Oh Link, don't be modest." said Fluttershy hovering next to him. "You are a hero of your home, and you deserve something special for doing a great thing for it."

"oh thank you, Fluttershy." Link said, touched by her comment. "I suppose I can open at least a few." He walked over to the table and opened the first one. It was kind of a large one tat was in a square-like shape. He unwrapped it, and saw a line of the same clothes as he has, but with different types of colors. There was yellow, Black, pale pink, red, blue, orange ,and lime green.

"What do you think? I made it myself." Rarity said

"It's amazing Rarity. Thank you so much." Link said.

"Oh you're welcome you charmer." Rarity replied while flushing.

Now Link opened the second present which was a way smaller than the first one, and a little more round too. Link unwrapped it and it was a small golden harp. Now he was really surprised.

"That one's from me." Lyra said. "Can you play a song for us?"

Link felt nervous again. "I don't know." he replied.

Many ponies complained, and Discord and Spike too.

Link remembered the time when he played that other harp that Zelda first gave him temporarily, and realized how good he was. "Alright, alright." Then everyone cheered for him and then became silent to hear him play. "Now, here is a song I used to hear with one of my friends back in my village."

Rights for this song go to Nintendo

Everypony cheered and shed one or two tears to that beautiful, elegant too. Link flushed and then bowed to all of them. "Thank you, thank you." He said to all of them. He placed them the instrument in his magic pouch to treasure it for as long as he will remember. He walked up Lyra and politely said to her "thank you, Lyra." And then he gently rubbed her mane

"Don't mention it." Lyra replied.

So then, Link continued to open the rest of the presents, and probably won't know how long it will take for hi. O complete it all.

Author's Note:

Sounds like a great Party for Link. Meanwhile, can Celestia and Luna talk Bout peace with Chrysalis? Find out on the next chapter to see if Chrysalis is really behind this or not