• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,357 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,357

Perilous Quest (Edited)

At last, they arrived in the badlands near the towns of Appleoosa and Dodge City. Link looked around at his surroundings and saw the reason why it was called the badlands, nothing but a bunch of bronzy-orange, sandy grounds and lots of rocks, pillars and boulders scattered across these plains. Hardly any plants were ween, except for a couple of tumbleweeds, regular weeds and some small plants and cactus's.

"This place is looks more eerie than I remember." Thorax remarked

Link still felt some slight distrust over this oddly nice changeling, but decided to put more trust in him as his friends did. "Well, do you still remember the way to Chrysalis' lair?" he asked him

"Hmm-mm. It may have been a looong while since I have been in this wretched wasteland, but I do remember where she is and the path all too well."

The Hylian felt more trusting in this character, and smile "Good. And, we all move forward with the plan, right?"

"Right!" his large posse all said.

"We'll be with you all the way to get Colin back!" Lyra said with great triumph.

"And we will show that meanie Chrysalis what happens when she does such horrible things." Fluttershy added, trying to act as tough as possible.

Link smiled. "Thanks guys. I just want you all to be careful, and be safe."

"Don't worry, Link." said Applejack "We'll all be just fine, as long as our friendship remains with us."

"Yeah, let's go kick some Changeling butt!" Rainbow said, feeling more than ready to pick a fight with those insects, then she remembered Thorax, and said to him "Oh, not you, Thorax, but the bad ones."

"It's fine." the changeling remarked. "Just stick with me, and the plan, and it just might work for all of us. Now, I'll lead the way. Just stay close and be on the lookout for any Changelings that make be outside looking for food."

"Or us!" Rainbow said.

"She's right." Twilight agreed. "Now that Chrysalis kidnapped Colin, she might have told the others changelings about Link and what he is capable of."

"She's afraid of him." Spike realized

Applejack then said in a stern voice "She should be. Since Link killed and evil wizard from taking over his home."

"Well, her fears will not matter when I confront her." said Link.

"Here here." Rarity agreed.

Discord then had a thought. "Guys. I was just thinking, what I'd we all fall into a trap when we get inside? I have been in quite a few run-ins with her, and she is the Hide-and-seek type of creature, after all."

"You're not wrong." Said Thorax. "My mother is definitely like that."

"Your mother?" Asked Link

"Well yeah. We are insect-like after all. We all hatched from her when we were embryos and eggs."

"Oh yeah." Said Twilight. "That would make sense."

Rainbow stepped up by reminding "I think we're getting off track here."

"Right. The point is, we'll never know until we find out for sure."

"Indeed. We need to know if she is behind her curtain, for myself am feeling uncertain." Zecora added.

The heat was starting to get to them a little, and some of them were already sweating. Nevertheless, they kept on walking down the road where Chrysalis was. On the way, there were some changeling that would try and attack Link, but he slew them without ease.

"So guys," Link addressed to his friends. "You're all with me, right?"

"Of course we are." Said Fluttershy. "We will always be there on your side to bring a Colin back."

"Yeah, we will help you get that bug what for!" Rainbow added

"We'll be with you till the end."

"Yeah, what Twilight said." Spike agreed

"Uh oh, there's a big changeling coming this way!" Big Mac warned.

He was right, this peculiar changeling was larger than his original counterparts, more muscular, and meaner, with his face more broader and more square, too. Another difference was that his eyes were greener than blue ones. The vermin was accompanied with two of the more small, common type. Lastly, he had larger wings than his smaller comrades. "He's the one!' Said the brute, "that's the guys our queen told us about!"

Link was more than prepared to fight him off. "Stand aside!" He ordered. "Or else you will suffer the consequences!"

The changelings all gauffed at his threat. "Talk's cheap coming from-" then the ringleader noticed Thorax accompanying them. "Wait, Thorax? Is that you?"

Everyone on both sides looked at the peculiar changeling.

"What are you doing with these.... Weaklings?"

"They are not weaklings!" Thorax retorted. "They are my friends!"

"Pfft, as of changelings even need friends." He and his Henchmen laughed mockingly at him. "Just look at you, you gone all soft and sappy."

"Hey!" Spike shouted "never talk to a thorax like that, you filthy vermin!"

The three insects demeanor went from prideful to anger. "How dare you call us that!" Said the leader. He and the other two were charging at him, but before they could touch him, Link sliced them all them down, killing them instantly

"Thanks, Link!'

"No problem, Spike." Link replied "you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks to you." Then the Hylian rubbed his head playfully.

"Maybe you should watch what you say next time."

"Good idea."

At last they were almost there to her home, and could see a large cave ahead of them. Of course, along the way, several changelings were attacking them, but Link killed them with his bow and arrow, slingshot, boomerang, clawshot, ball and chain, and other weapons he had.

Twilight, Mathayus, and the others fought some of them off too, but Link was the one who did most of the killing.

Finally, they were there, but were hidden, for there were four guards guarding the entrance to keep out intruders. "Okay, now let me just talk to these guys, and we'll be in." Thorax instructed "you all just stay here until I give the signal."

"Got it." Spike understood.

"Don't be long." Twilight added

"I won't I promise." The kind changeling went up to the guards, feeling a little nervous inside, but he had to do what he needed to help his friends, both old and new.

"Identify yourself." One of the guards ordered.

"Thorax, let me enter, you dirtbags." He threatened them

"Of course. Go right in." Said another guard.

Then, Thorax silently gave the signal to his cohorts, and Pinkie lept out lf nowhere, leading em to where a Link and Mathayus were in the bushes. The insects went from annoyed to terrified. Link took out the first two and Mathayus took out the other, by literally breaking their necks with a loud crunch.

"Oh my." Rarity said "I know they are changelings, but don't you think that was a little too..... Barbaric, Mathayus?"

"Perhaps, but it's faster that way. It would be way more quieter than clashing swords."

"Goodness. Can you please just warn me before you do that?"

"Don't worry. I will not do that a lot. I promise. And besides, all of the changelings, minus Thorax of course, are evil."

""Right, now let's go get Colin back." Said Pinkie. Then they all inside the cave. Of course, like any other cave in the world, it was dark, so a twilight, Rarity, and Lyra lid their horns to help everyone see what is going on around them.

Link was absolutely stunned to see a bunch of green, slimy eggs around him and his friends. Some cocoons hung from the roof. "Wow, this has to be Chrysalis' home."

"Yep, it's her home, alright." Said Twilight."

"This place is just so scary." Fluttershy shuddered in fear. Afraid l not, she was with there by Link and her friends' sides.

"This hovel had no interests of mine." Zecora made a small shudder "just being in here just sends a shiver down my poor spine."

"Tell me about it." Twilight agreed. "I can't even remember the first time I was trapped in a changeling's lair. Such as this. Frankly, I almost do not want to know." Then she felt a little spine shiver of her own. "I'm not pretty sure I want to talk about it so much.

"Keep your wits about, guys. There could be Bokoblins or lizalfos around here." Link instructed. "Don't lose us, and don't fall behind,"

"Right." They all replied to him. With his lantern bouncing from side to side, Link led the way down through the catacombs of this wretched place.

After a long way down through a few tunnels and passageways, Twilight, Fluttershy, and the others saw a horrible, muscular creature with a big mouth with large, jagged teeth, beady, blue eyes with no pupils. A necklace, and had a tale and hooves of a pig. He had a large battle ax that was longer than himself and was double-sided.

They all stood their ground, ready to fight this vermin. "Easy guys, it's a moblin!" Link warned.

It made a few menacing growls and snorted like a pig a couple of times. "So, the hero has arrived." It said in a voice that sounded like a squealing. "And old dog breath." Obviously, he was referring to Mathayus.

"Get him, Guys!" Said Bon Bon. They all charged at the moblin, knocking him down, and beating him to death, then Twilight dealt the final blow upon hmm.

"Well, that was easy." Said Spike.

"Let's just get moving, but be more careful. If there was a moblin here, then their cold be more of them."

"Check." Big Mac said.

They all encountered a few lizalfos next, and all of the, began to fight with them. Fluttershy twisted the neck of one, and then Pinkie kept teasing one by popping out of random locations like a whack-a-mole game,

One lizalfos was killed with a slice to his face by accident. There was all swords, teeth, claws, fists, kicking, stabbing all around until they were all terminated,

"Great job, guys. We make a pretty good time."

"Oh. I concur." Said Rarity. "Look at how well we fought,"

"We should totally do this more often." Said Pinkie. "That was fun fun fun!"

"Yeah, we could be like..... Super heroes of some kind. I can be Zapp, and you can all be my sidekicks." Rainbow gloated

They all looked at her in an unamused type of look. "Really?" Said Applejack.

"What? I don't know what names you should all get as super heroes."

"Come on, guys. Let's get back to the matter at hand. Colin's life is at stake." Mathayus reprimanded. He looked at the road ahead of him "hopefully, this should not be long now."

They all agreed with him and continued to the throne room ( if there is any) within the caverns. Then there was a small group of Bokoblins on guard, and immediately charged at Link and his fire ds.

"He's the one that killed our king!" Said one Bokoblin in a rather annoying, shrieky voice.

Without ease, Rainbow jabbed so many punches on one, and delivered a final punch with am uppercut that made him fly to the other side of the cave. "Punching the heck out of a monster, is there anything before than that?" She gloated.

Mathayus easily killed one by throwing it to a pile of rocks.

"Aww man, there's a really large jewel in the way." Said Spike.

"I know just the trick." Link stated, then pulled out his large ball and chain. "Now, you might all want to take a step back." They all did what he instructed and backed away for a link to swing the metal ball. After a minute of long swinging, a link launched it to the large jewel that was a road hazard. It shattered into a dozen little pieces with a loud shattering echoing through the room, like glass.

"Wow, that is one amazing pouch." Fluttershy remarked.

"Thanks. So glad to have this baby with me." Link then pouted his pouch.

"That was really cool. That ball and chain is one intriguing tool." Zecora remarked.

"Yep, this pouch always comes in handy." Then he looked at his lantern. "Uh-oh, my lantern needs some oil." Then he pulled out a bottle filled with lantern oil, and poured it into the lantern. "There we go." Then he put the lantern back on his waist.

"So, what kind of a monster was that big one we encountered before those bokoblins?" Asked Fluttershy. "He looked really scary."

"A moblin, Fluttershy. They are like Bokoblins, except they are meaner, stronger, and not to mention, smarter than them. I didn't really encounter them as much, but I have fought with them before. But don't worry, you guys handles him really nicely back there. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine."

"Yeah. I suppose you're right. After all, I did hit him really good." Fluttershy said with a giggle. They all laughed with her.

"And besides. You got me to protect you, my dear friend." Discord remarked, snuggling her like a teddy bear.

"Aww, thank you, Discord." The yellow pegasus hugged him back.

"Come on, let's keep going."

As they kept venturing, Mathayus stopped them "Wait!" He said. "Look up there." He pointed everyone what he was looking at the ceiling, and on top of them were a swarm of keese perching.

"Good call, Mathayus." Said Fluttershy

"Thank you." The darknut smiled

"Here i'll take care of it." Link volunteered. He pulled out his bow and arrow, that he combined with a bomb to make a bomb arrow. He concebtrated, but not for a long while for if he didn't launch it in time, it will blow up the area, like a regular bomb would do. Finally, he fired with the sound of whistling, and a loud ka-boom was heard with an echo.

The bats all screeched, and fell dead on the floor, turning into black clouds of smoke one at a time.

"Nice shot." Said Discord.

"Everyone of them died. My goodness, Link, you have quite a bateleaur eagle's eye." Zecora complimented.

Link slightly flushed at her comment. "Ah, well. You know. Being a hero of Hyrule and all taught me discipline."

"Hey guys look." Rainbow pointed. She was pointing at a room on the right of them. "Should we go in there?"

"No. It probably wouldn't be where Chrysalis would be hiding, anyway." Link remarked. "Let's just keep pushing forward."

"Well, she's right. I think we should go in there." Thorax urged. "This place is a lot bigger than you would all think it is. Besides, we might find a clue to where the Chrysalis may be hiding."

The Hylian looked uncertain, but nonetheless, he said "okay. I suppose we'll give it a shot." Then they all entered the room.all of them froze when they saw six moblins ready for some killing.

"Well, look who it is, boys." Said their leader, with slobber sharp teeth the size of on'a lower arm. "He's the one the queen told us about."

"Where is Colin?!" Link demanded "Tell me where he is, or suffer!"

"Ooh, talk's cheap" said another moblin.

"But no. We ain't telling. But what we will say is he will get what's coming to him. ATTACK!!!" The leader ordered. Then, a fight broke out in the room. Fluttershy was a little scared by the miblin's appearance, but she decided to be brave to save her friends. She dodged a few punches from it, and kicked him multiple times in the face, then did a final kick to him, flying against a wall. The finishing move for her was breaking it's neck, killing him instantly.

"Oh my." She said. "I hope I didn't overdo it."

"Very nicely done, Fluttershy ." Mathayus acknowledged her.

"Oh. Thank you." Fluttershy replied. Just then, another moblin was coming at her, possibly for revenge for killing his comrade. Before he could deliver a mortal blow on her however, he was stopped by another sword, and it was Discord. He broke the battle axe from the moblin's three-fingered hands, and headbutted the moblin, and pit his sword away.

"Care to do the honors, Mathayus?" Said the master of chaos

"With pleasure." The darknut replied with a smile, showing his canine teeth. The moblin ran back and punched Mathayus multiple times on the chest, but it did little effect. Then it was the darknut's turn to make his move. He sliced his sword at it four times, and killed it when he stabbed him from under his mouth. Just like that, his body fell dead, with his mouth agape before turning to black smoke.

"Thank you so much for saving me." Fluttershy said with gratitude.

"Anything for my dear, adorable little friend " Discord replied to her.

Twilight was shooting one with her magic but to no avail, then she found herself knocked out by a mighty fist. Before the moblin could finish her, however, Lyra and Bon Bon kicked it from behind at the same time, causing it to fall dead. "You okay, Twilight?" Bon Bon asked

"Yep. Thanks to you two."

"Teamwork!" both Lyra and Bon Bon said, bumping their rumps to eachother.

As the other moblins were taken care of, the leader himself was left alive. He was rather afraid at how Link and his friends. "Now, for the last time, moblin." Link threatened. His voice turned into a scream when he asked "Where is Colin?!"

"You better tell him now!" Rainbow added. "You know you can't win!"

"You're outnumbered, thirteen to one." Twilight added.

"Unless you wanna face the wrath of my hooves, I suggest you tell him now." said Big Mac, looking more than willing to beat the hell out of the leader.

"Alright! Alright!" the leader caved in. "The runt is in the throne room a couple of stairs down, just follow the left passageway, and you will see a large door bigger than the others, can't miss it."

"Good."

"But no lying, or we'll be back." Fluttershy threatened.

"Yeah, go Fluttershy!" Rainbow cheered on.

Then as soon as they were going to the destination, the moblin smiled and was about to kill them behind, but little did he know that Link heard him, and before it could perform the Mortal blow, Link performed his Mortal Draw on him, like he was nothing.

"Nicely done." Said Big Macintosh. "But was he telling the truth about Colin and Chrysalis?"

"He was. I can tell by his eyes." Applejack noted.

"Good. Let's go."

It took a little longer than they thought it would be, but they notice a large largedoor in front of them. The down part was it had a large lock, sealing it shut on the outside

"Dammit! There's a lock on it. Looks like we'll need a key."

"No we won't" Twilight said. "I know a trick how to get this open." Then she used her magic to magically open the lock, making it fall to the floor after being removed.

When they all entered the throne room, they saw that it was even bigger than the other rooms and hallways. The drapes and the walls were all dark green. The throne itself was backwards, probably because the queen wanted to make an entrance.

"Chrysalis!" Link shouted in a booming voice, pointing his Master Sword. "It's over, give Colin back!"

But when it turned around, it revealed not Chrysalis, but.... someone else.

"Oh look, mister hero's hear. You ready to save the day?" Said Dark Link mockingly.

"You?!" Link said infuriated.

"You?!" Everyone of his friends said thereafter

"Oh come on, don't tell me you're all happy to see me. If you're looking for Chrysalis, don't bother." He got off the throne. "She's not here."

"Where is she?! And what did she do to Colin?!" Link screamed

"Relax. Colin's just fine..... for now. For Chrysalis, she gave me strict orders to me to not give you her whereabouts."

Link was becoming more annoyed. "You better tell me, or else...."

"Or else what?" Dark Link sneered.

"You will pay for all the damage you caused!"

"Ooh. I'm so scared." The evil clone said in mock fear. "You think i'm afraid of you? Well think again!" Then he went in front of him, pulling his evil sword and shield. "I am you!"

Then they clashed. There was sounds of heavy swords clanging and sounds of punching and kicking. The others just watched as this grudge match was happening again.

Like before, these two fighters were matched. It was hard to decide which side was winning or not. Link jumped through a wall, and sliced Dark Link through his spleen, causing the duplicate to yell I'm agony.

Both were panting, growing a little weary. "Well, let me you in on a little secret." Dark Link said with a chuckle. "You're not the only one who can have the power of the beast within yourself. Watch this!" Then he transformed into a wolf like Link, except his eyes were red and his fur jet black. "How's this?!" He shouted

Link then turned himself into a wolf thereafter. "You wanna play it like that? Fine."

Then they both fought, wolf style. They both clung their jaws against one another, causing some blood to spill.

Dark Link rammed himself against the good Link, but the real one got up, and pushed his duplicate on his side. He grabbed on the neck with his teeth so he can die, but Dark Link threw him off.

At last, Dark Link was growing frustrated. "Well, here's another form that you do no have." Then, he turned from a wolf to a werewolf! In a more monstrous voice, he said "now you will all die!"

"We have to help him!" Twilight said. She and the others were about to rush tp his aid, but were stopped by the darknut.

"No. This is Link's battle." Said Mathayus.

Link knew he couldn't take on on his double being a werewolf. So he changed back into a human, and pulled out his sword and shield again.

"Let's go!" The the fighting continued

He dodged many claw strikes that Dark Link was throwing at him, and Link sliced Dark Link a few times, causing him to flinch. Link charged at him with his shield, causing the beast to fall backward. Just then, before Link could kill him, Dark Link bit the real Link, causing him to yell in pain.

Finally, Link did a few powerful slices, and finished him off with the ending blow. As the Master Sword went through his evil heart, Dark Link could hardly believe it. He reverted back to his human self

"We- we would have made a good team, you know? We could work well together. After all, i'm you."

"We both know that is a damn lie." Link replied.

Before Dark Link faded completely, he said "alright. Chrysalis is hiding in Canterlot. Colin is with her. But I will warn you. She is with someone else. Someone far more powerful than her. These two are working together."

"Who?"

"His name is...." but Dark Link soon died and vanished into dust.

Link panted from exhaustion, and put his sword and shield away. He drank a red potion to regain his strength to be ready for anymore fights.

"Link, are you okay?" Asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah" Link grunted.

Rarity made a gasp. "You're bitten!"

They all looked.

"Oh no, that means you'll turn into a werewolf too!" Spike panicked

"Don't worry. I won't turn into one of those fiends. I promise. Besides, if I would turn into one, I wouldn't have a crave for blood lust, I promise you."

"Good" Rainbow said.

"So, who else is working for Chrysalis? I have a strong feeling that this.... man is behind all of this." Zecora said

"Maybe you're right, Zecora" Twilight agreed. "Maybe he is the source of all our problems."

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Let's go Canterlot!" Big Mac said with triumph. They all went out of the changeling lair, and went back to Ponyville to see if any monsters attacked or not.

As usual, Link feared for Colin's safety.

"I'm really array if I brought you all there for nothing." Thorax said with guilt

"Ah, don't be so hard on yourself. It wasn't your fault." Said Link. "Discord was right, she is a hide and seek type of crrsture, after all."

"Thank you."