• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,356 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,356

Potion of Heroes (Edited)

Dear Princess Celestia and Luna

we have just witnessed something rather shocking. Some bats called Keese were wreaking havoc on Ponyville, although they were just pests and not really a threat. Colin's shield got burnt, but he got a new one. When he got back, there was another Link. Like, a. Evil doppelgänger. His name was Dark Link, and hence his name, he looked like Link, except he was dark all over with red eyes, and he was pure evil. Link and his evil twin fought and they were so evenly matched. However, Link gave it his all, and drove Dark Link away. We have no idea how or why it just happened like this. It just happened. We are really starting to worry that Chrysalis might have had a hand in this. Those bats might have been more like pests, but I feel like this is becoming worse and worse once in a while. Could Chrysalis actually be the one responsible for all of this happening? We are worried.

Twilight Sparkle

Just like that, Spike sent the letter with his green fire breath. This would sound like a real page-turner for the co-rulers to read about. Meanwhile, Fluttershy was tending to Link's minor wounds that Dark Link threw upon him. He had his hat off with a bag of ice on top. Fluttershy was wrapping a small cast around his leg to treat a cut still excessively, mildly bleeding. Link then gasped with pain "OW! That stings!" He exclaimed

"Oh I'm sorry." Fluttershy said. "I am so sorry."

"It's fine." Link grunted. "Please keep going, I've suffered far worse pain that this cut."

The yellow pegasus smiled at him with relief. "Good." Then she continued wrapping the cast. after she was done, she asked "better now, right?"

"Yeah. I'm feeling a little better." He slowly got up on his feet." Thanks, Fluttershy. I knew I can count on you."

The yellow pegasus blushed and gave him a hug. "Aww, you're welcome. Always happy to help you." Then Link hugged her back. Then he felt a pair of talons hover on his head. It was a keese that Fluttershy tamed during the skirmish from earlier. "Oh come here, Ozzy." She said to it real gently

The bat happily chirped and perched on Fluttershy's back. "I don't know if you should keep that keese as a pet, Fluttershy." Link noted in a skeptical voice. "It might be dangerous."

"Oh come on, this one was scared and confused." Fluttershy protested. "Isn't that right, Ozzy?" The keese purred "oh yes you were. Yes you were."

"Yeah, but what if it attacks you and your animal friends in the middle of the night?"

"Nonsense. He is a real sweetie when you get to know him." The keese gave him the puppy dog eyes.

Link was a little affected by it's adorableness, and said "ah, who am I kidding. They are just like any other animal after all."

You do have a gift for animals, Fluttershy." Rainbow smirked while she patted her back. The yellow pegasus blushed mildly at her compliment.

"Yes, is there anything my dear Fluttershy cannot do with animal?" Discord agreed. "No, apparently not."

Fluttershy flustered even more "oh well, you know."

"We just sent the letter to the princess' mow." Twilight noted to the others. "So it won't be long, now."

"Perfect." Colin smiled.

"So how's that new shield working for you, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked the boy curiously.

"It's amazing." Colin replied in a really happy tone of voice. "This shield fits me like a glove."

"You got that right. You are totally like a mini-link." Rainbow said proudly. "Now you got a shield that will never burn, huh?"

"Right."

"I would hate to break it to all of you," Mathayus interrupted. "But we still need to find out what Link's visions mean, and what if Dark Link comes back?"

"You may have a point, Mathayus." Said Rarity. "But Link and Colin can always thwart them away with their brilliant swordplay, like they woukd always do."

"Perhaps, but this peculiar enemy was as equally matched as the real Link we all know."" The Darknut remarked, and looked at the injured Hylian in concern. "Just look at how Link turn out to be."

"Pfft, it's fine Mathayus. Stop you're worrying. I just need to be more careful. I probably underestimated him the first fight." He removed the ice pack from his head, and placed the trusted cap back on it.

"Of course. Look, all I am saying is that this hellish double might come back, and we all need to be ready for him at any given moment."

"Right!" Pinkie said. She performed a ninja kick with the crane pose, only for her to fall to the ground clumsily. Th darknut smirked and nodded his head

"Well, you all know what I am saying, do you not?"

"Of course." Spike said "you're absolutely right, but I don't think we need to worry about him now, besides, Link and Colin are never alone."

"Of course. We will always be there for them when they need us." Fluttershy snuggled Colin's face.

"Thanks, guys." The boy said.

Link went to fetch himself some hot spring water, and felt more energized when he drank it. "What I don't understand though is, how is there an evil, dark me. I mean this is all just so confusing."

"Good question. We'll see what princess Celestia has to say " said Lyra. "She'll think of something to help."

"Can't argue with that."

Link was becoming a little tired of the monstrosities from his world coming to Ponyville just so they can look for him as revenge for killing Ganondorf. Still, he didn't want to let innocent ponies die by their hands. If anything happened like that to all of his friends (both Hyrule and Equestria alike), he would never forgive himself, or call himself the Hero of Twilight anymore, therefore, he had no choice, but to keep on saving the say like he would always do, it was his thing after all.

"Hey, Link?"

"Yeah, Colin? What is it?"

"I was thinking: what if we are back home in Hyrule, what if more of those bad guys come to Ponyville and we're not there to help?"

"Ah, Colin. Don't be silly." Link said "I doubt anything like that would even happen after we take care of.... whatever is going on, anyway."

"And we will help anypony in need. We are the elements of harmony, after all." Twilight remarked to him.

"Yes, so please don't worry, Colin." Rarity added

"With the power of Friendship, anything is possible!" They all exclaimed "Yeah!" Triumphantly at the top of the their lungs, as of they were going on a full scale war.

Link smiled at Colin, and patted his head "everything will be okay."

The boy smirked "alright. I'm just a little worried about mom and dad. And my sister, I wonder how she is without me."

"Shh, it's alright. I know you're worried, but i'm worried too." He wrapped his arm around Colin "please don't worry. I'm sure they will be just fine."

It took a little while for Colin to ease his worrying about his family, but he finally pulled himself together. "You're right, Link. I'm sorry."

"Ah, it's alright, kiddo. I get worried and scared too."

"Really? but.... you're not scared of anything."

"Well, I wouldn't say that." He replied. "He bent down on one knee "remember when you, Ilia, and the kids got captured by King Bulblin and his goons?"

"I wish I didn't."

"I know. I was afraid that I would lose you forever..... all of you."

"Oh, I guess even heroes like you get scared, huh?"

"Of course. Their is no need to be ashamed about being scared." Link pointed.

"I know." Then they both hugged like brothers again. He went for his pouch looking for something peculiar. He went deeper into his pockets, and found his empty bottles that he find on his journey. Empty, all of them were empty

"Oh no." Link complained mildly

"What's wrong?" Bon Bon asked

"Ah, I ran out of healing potions, so I need to buy more." Then he put his bottles back in the magic pouch.

Rainbow had am idea "hey, I know where you can get the best potions in Equestria."

"Really? What's that?"

"Zecora." Everypony shouted in unison, knowing who Rainbow was taking about. "Yeah, Zecora can mix the finest potions and cures." Applejack added

"Oh yeah. She did say she was good at mixing potions ad stuff. "I want to see here about this.

"It'a in the Everfree Forest, which is a very dangerous place." Spike answered.

"Oh, don't worry. I can handle any monster that can come our way."

"Right." Twilight agreed. "Okay, we'll take you to Zecora's hut. But, please stay close to us. And do not let you're guard down."

"Of course. A warrior like me always has to be on the look out for anything that could pounce on you at any given moment." Mathayus noted.

"You all don't have to come along with me if you don't want to,, it will just be for a small errand." Link said. "Some of you can stay here if you would like to."

"That's fine, Link." Said Lyra. "Me and Bon Bon can just stay here."

"And maybe watch over the place in case more monsters come back." Bon Bon added.

"Well, what about your injuries?" Spike asked. "Are you sure you don't need some of our help? What if a powerful enemy like him runs into you?"

"Spike, Spike." Link chuckled. "Relax. I'll be just fine. What that twin from hell gave me was only a temporary setback. I can still fight. Besides, I got more weapons like my bow and arrow, my bombs, boomerang, and others."

"Oh yeah. I forgot."

"Well, I prefer to stay here." Fluttershy said nervously. She made a small gulp, "I'm a little terrified of the Everfree Forest."

"Oh come on, Fluttershy. You'll be with me." Link reassured. "With me and Colin by your side, we can beat the impossible."

Fluttershy started to feel more comfortable and confident, for she remembers what he said about staying strong and being brave whenever possible, and not everything can be as it seems when they look scary.

The Hylian pointed "and you helped many animals from the Everfree Forest, remember?"

"Right."

"I'll come along, too." Twilight said.

"So do I." Big Mac stepped up. "I wanna make sure Fluttershy doesn't get too scared, and I can protect her from any monster that can come our way."

Fluttershy was touched by the red stallion's kindness and courage. "Oh, thank you, Big Mac." She hugged him. The red stallion blushed mildly

"Oh shucks." He said.

"I volunteer to go to." Spike said.

"Me too." Rainbow stepped up.

"Perfect. Anyone else?" Link asked. Many of the others did really do anything, some like Lyra and Bon Bon nodded "nope, we're good to him." In reply to his question "no? Alright. I guess that's it, then." He opened the door "come on guys. Let's go." Then the small group went with Link into the Everfree.

As they were walking, Fluttershy was mildly squeaking in terror, but she was comforted by her friends to help her be brave. "I swear, this place just keeps getting creepier and creepier every time we go in this hellhole." Rainbow nodded.

"Hey, Rainbow, could you please not curse so much." Link covered Colin's ears. "At least.... Not in front of him."

"Or Spike." Twilight reminded

"Oh, sorry."

"No, it's fine, Link. I'm used to that word." Colin noted

"I know. I know."

"No offense, but did you say that word yourself?" Big Mac.

Link chuckled with slight embarrassment "touché."

Fluttershy made a gasp "stop!" She whispered. "Get down." Then they all did what she said, and ducked in the plantation of Everfree.

"What is it?" Asked Colin,

"There's a cockatrice over there." Fluttershy whispered in horror.

"What's that?"

"It's a creature with a head of a rooster and a body of a dragon." Twilight said quietly. "They are dangerous, for they can turn anypony to stone with a look in the eye."

Link was a little weirded out, yet astonished to hear this information. He looked at the monster yep area away from hill, looking around for any victims to turn into statues. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it, the old-fashioned way." Then he pulled out his bow and combined it with his hawkeye mask, and pulled out an arrow to shoot the monster with.

"Ooh, what' that?" Rainbow whispered.

"The hawkeye mask. It's like a telescope. I use it with my bow sometimes to look at enemies fro. Far away so I can shoot them better."

"How wonderful." Fluttershy said

"Very useful," Spike added,

"I know, now please be quite. I need to focus and concentrate" Link whispered. There was absolute silence, and aimed the arrow at the creature's chest, and in a few split seconds, he fired. There was a sound of a monstrous clucking, and the cockatrice fell to the ground, squirming around, and finally, it was dead, with it's eyes open.

Fluttershy was a little sad that it died because it was like any other animal, but still, it was a slightly wicked monster after all, since it turned Twilight and her chicken, Elizabeak into stone. Despite that, she was glad it was down for the count.

"Bullseye!" Link said triumphantly. Then they all stood up again, and continued onward. They all decided to be more cautious about.

"Link, that was a very awesome shot." Rainbow commented

"Thanks. I learned a few tricks up my sleeve."

"You are quite a fast learner, Link." Twilight regarded him. "No wonder Colin looks up to you."

Link flushed "ah, ask anyone." After many more minutes of looking around for any enemies, and careful stepping on the way, there was a large hut that was like a tree, and it had many African or Zebrican masks on a few spots. The air was thick with the smell of herbs.

"We're here." Rainbow sang.

Link was rather astonished by the architecture of this hut, how mysterious it looked. It definitely looked like a place where a witch or a warlock would reside in. "Wow, this is incredible." He said "this kind of reminds me of Gor Liggs in his room within the mines."

Twilight was the one who knocked on the zebra's door. After a long minute, the door answered, and the Zebra who loved in it came out with a warm greeting. "Ah, Twilight, how might you be doing on this daytime?" She said

"Hello, Zecora." Twilight said "I am doing just fine." Then they all entered as Zecora stood aside for them as they came in.

"Link, welcome back." Said the zebra kindly. "Are you in need of my help, because since you were coming to me, I could tell."

"I do. Zecora, I need a healing potion, in case I get injured in battle and if I cannot fight any enemies anymore."

"Ah, you came to the right place, my boy. I will give you a potion that will make you're heart filled with joy." Then she noticed the boy. "And who might you be, little boy. You look like an adorable bundle of joy." Zecora said to Colin. The boy blushed heavily. That was rather new for him, being called "cute" like that.

"I'm Colin." The boy replied. "It's.... Nice to meet you, Zecora." He mildly dragged his foot on the ground.

"Now how can I help you? For I will help you in any way I can possibly do."

"Well, Zecora." Link said "I am looking for a potion or two, to heal me in battle if need be." He looked over at one of the shelves full of weird ingredients, such as a scorpion in a jar, a cockatoo beak, glowing nirnroot, tiger tail, and other types of exotic ingredients. "You really say so. I can give you all that I know." Zecora happily replied. Link and Colin smiled at her kindness.

"Now I am much rather curious. From the sound of your tone of voice, you sounded rather serious."

Link cleared his throat, and replied "well, I might have told you this from the party when we first met, but I came here from a land called Hyrule. I once saved an evil warlock that was threatening my home and saved Hyrule from the darkness he possesses." He pulled out the master sword again. "..... With this."

The zebra looked at the weapon up close to see it's textures and design. "Oh my, this is a very interesting, and beautiful looking blade, a type of blade that only a god or a master blacksmith have made. And yes, I definitely remember the party that day, and what Celestia's note had to say.

"I know, right?" Said Rainbow. "It's looks soooo cool."

"The point is, after I saved my world, I had visions in my head that involved the changelings and Chrysalis."

Zecora stopped her brewing after hearing those names "the queen? What can this mean? These visions... Could they mean like a future mission?"

"I do not know for sure. That's why I was transported to Equestria to see what this could mean. The princess of any rule, named Zelda, also had visions of the same thing. Possibly a threat to my home, too. Me and Colin met Chrysalis, and she said she didn't do it, ut I'm sure something is fishy going on around here."

Zecora was deep in her thoughts. "It is indeed wise to trust that evil parasite." She looked out the window "Chrysalis definitely has something to hide."

"Tell me about it." Big Mac said

"We have been experiencing some monster attacks from our world, but me and Link had killed them and saved everyone." Colin added

This made Zecora even puzzled. "Rather peculiar. Peculiar indeed. Do not worry, I will give ad much help as you need.

"That's good. We can use all the help we can get for anything that can happen." Link said.

After a ten minute wait, and a few mild explosions from her cauldron, Zecora was finally done with this peculiar potion. She pulled out a rather large bottle and poured it inside the liquid "behold, the Potion of Heroes. It will save any warrior from becoming zeroes."

Link got the potion of Heroes! If anyone is weary or unable to fight in battle or combat, this potion will help them get right on their feet to fight once more.

"I must warn you, if you are in a terrible, gory mess, then only use this potion in times of severe distress." Zecora noted.

"Don't worry, I will." Link said

"So, do tell me, are you and Colin brothers, maybe?"

Of course she would bring that up too. "Well, no." Link said

"But we are like brothers." Colin said. "We always stay together."

"Oh, I hope I am not offending, you two looked alike, and it was interesting."

"Ah, don't worry about that, Zecora. You're not the only one that has experienced what just happened now." Then he put his potion in his pouch.

"Well, I will help you on this quest, for I will be as possible, doing my very best. In the meantime, I will be happily give you many help of mine."

They were grateful of her voluntarily task. "That's wonderful." Said Fluttershy. "Maybe you can help us with this problem."

"And besides, I should probably get out of my hut and enjoy the fresh air outside." The zebra added.

Then another letter came out of Spike's fire breath. He unfolded it and read out:

Dear Princess Twilight

This is rather surprising that the events have occurred. A Dark Link? That is rather strange. Me and Luna hoped that Nopony was hurt by this doppelgänger, and Link and Colin are alright. Do not worry, me and my sister will look into this deeper as soon as possible. Not only that, but we have received a report that some monsters have appeared in Lake Pegasus a little northeast of Ponyville. If you are reading this, Link, please help the poor creatures of the lake and destroy the invaders.

Princess Celestia and Luna.

"Oh no, those poor fishes." Fluttershy said in great worriment. "We have to do something."

"Right. Come on, we got to tell everyone about this right now." Link agreed. Then, with Zecora with them now, rushed to Fluttershy's cottage to tell them what is happening


The lake was large when Link approached it. He saw what the problem was, there was quite of number of deku toads swimming, and tektites hopping over it, and some monstrous giant clamp from down below.

"Oh my, look at this." Rarity said.

"Stand back, guys." Link warned. "Deku Toad's can throw rocks at you with their mouth. Don't worry, i'll take care of these creeps. Oh! But can you look away for a moment, please? I'm gonna put on my Zora armor to help me."

They all did what he said, and looked away.

After a semi-long while, Link finally said "okay, you can look now." Then he was back in his Zora clothing. "Alright, wish me luck." Then he ran to the lake in triumph

A few deku toads breached and shot rock balls at him. However, he deflect one, then slashed another, and dodged that third one.

Before another deku toad could strike, he combined his bomb with his bow, and shot away a dozen of them, vanishing into black dust.

"Go Link!" Lyra cheered

"Show them who's boss!" Spike added.

Link then put on his mask over his mouth and dove under. When he reached to the bottom, he wore his iron boots to keep him down under like an anchor.

There, he saw a few giant, voracious crabs hopping towards him. One tried to Butt Link, but it missed. While the Hylian did a back flip underwater, the clan was about to share again, but the piece of skin keeping it together was slice open by the master sword, killing it instantly.

It was a little more difficult in numbers, but Link kept on fighting. He sliced and diced through dozens of the clams, making them vanish into black dust like the deku toads.

There was one more type of enemy he needed to defeat, and that was a group of skullfish near the surface. He went back up on the opposite side of the surface, and pulled out his clawshot. Just looking at these abominations sent Link a shiver down his spine. Sure, they may have looked like fish, but these are mindless, savage monsters that will eat any living thing their path.

He pulled out his clawshots and pulled some out of the lake so he can finish them off. Another way he did it was using his water bombs to throw them at the skullfish at the right time. The blasts caused some explosions in the water, like a geyser, but it did no harm to the lakes inhabitants. After the last fish was taken care of, he saw the waters of Lake Pegasus were at peace once more. He knew that he had saved it.