• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,358 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,358

Changeling Assault on Ponyville (Edited)

King Bulblin was hearing a plan from Link, since he still respects the hero a great deal. Hopefully, he will remain on the strongest side. The other Bulblins and the Darknuts were also listening to the plan.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was getting along nicely with some of the bulbos.

"Oh, who's a good piggy?" The yellow pegasus baby-talked playfully. "Yes, you are. Yes you are." The gargantuan pig oinked happily and rubbed the side of it's head against her. "Oh, you're so sweet."

Some of the other Bulblins were taking notice. "Well, this is rater intriguing." Said one scratching his back.

"Yeah. Sure our bulbos can be tamed, but not like this." Said another one, tilting his head sideways.

Twilight was studying one of the beasts herself, and writing down notes. "Ooh, really robust." She muttered in fascination. Next, she pulled up a measuring tape to measure the bulbo she was observing. The large, pig-like creature made a few grunts as the tape was going around itself. It was rather a little uncomfortable for itself, but he was calmed by Fluttershy.

"Thanks for helping me, Fluttershy." Twilight remarked to her best friend."

"Of course. He's just a little nervous about this. But don't be." The yellow pegasus then addressed to the beast. The bulbo replied with a low grunt at her, and slightly wagged his head to keep the flies off of him.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, pony." Said a Bulblin, taking notice of this activity. "Please don't hurt my big boy."

"Don't worry." Said Twilight. "He's fine. Right, Fluttershy?"

The pegasus nodded back to her with a smile.

"So, what do you think they are talking about in there?" Asked Pinkie.

"What do you think Pinkie?" Rainbow replied to her naive friend. "They are gonna talk about a plan on case Ponyville is under attack by those lizard monsters, or Bokoblins, or a changeling sneak attack."

"Of course." Said another Bulblin. "So do you all know who we are?"

"Yeah, Link told us about the time you kidnapped his friends and sides with Ganondorf." Applejack answered to him. "And the time your king decided, along ith all of the rest of you decided to be more peaceful."

The imp made a small growl. "We might not be proud of serving Ganondorf. That double crossing bastard." Then he made a grunt.

"However," Another Bulblin stepped up. "We will be more than honored to aide him to his cause. We never really wanted that to happen, but Ganondorf tricked us like he did with the Darknuts."

"So, he tricked you, and became his puppets to do his budding." Rarity noted

"That's right. We were all more then happy to hear the Demon King was no more. So we come to an agreement to make peace for all races in Hyrule."

"I'm glad." Said Twilight proudly.

"You will still fight with us, will you?" Asked Fluttershy

"Of course we will." The Bulblin replied to her. "Of course, that's for our kng to decide on this matter."

"Right."

"Besides, we also want a little something in return for this."

"And for our people as well." Said a darknut.

"We know about you guys.' Rainbow stated. "You want to make peace and be apart of Hyrule, right?"

"Of course." Another darknut replied happily. "We want to show the land that we are not what the other races think we are."

"And what about you?" Asked Spike.

"Well, we-"

***

"-want to have as much privileges as all you other races have." Said King Bulblin, negotiating with the hero,

"Like?"

King Bulblin cleared his throat, and clarified "We want our own city on Hyrule's soil. A place that we will be welcomed with the utmost respect. Perhaps us being apart of Hyrule will be good for both sides. After all, you are indeed, the strongest warrior I have met and fought in my life."

Link agreed with him with a smirk on his face. And indeed, he remember the times he whooped his butt in the past. "Guilty as charged." He said. "Well, I suppose we can agree on that. But, that would be Zelda's decision, since she is the princess and ruler of my home."

"We know."

"And Link, you will remember to help me, and my people, will you?" Mathayus added. "My people lies on you and princess Zelda's hands."

Link smiled at him. "Of course." The darknut leader smiled back at him. "Now, here is what we will do. While I take care of Chrysalis in Canterlot, you guys will guard the whole town and protect everyone from either lizalfos, Bokoblins, wolfos, or the changelings. Either one, I am counting on you, King Bulbkin to lend a hand. Mathayus, you'll be coming with me."

The darknut nodded to him "good. I will be your sword and shield, as the same for my people for all of Equestria and Hyrule."

"Now, hence their name, changelings can transform, so be very careful. They can turn into anything and anyone. These creatures are sneaky and know the element of surprise. Now, the easiest way to know if it is a changeling when disguised is to show so much love that it will mess with their internal balance."

"You mean.... Hug it?" Said the Bublin king with one eyebrow raised.

"Well..... You could try that, or give them a tough trivia question that they can't answer. Something like that. A question that we know, and they don't."

"Ah. Very well. It is done," Then Link and the king shook their hands and Mathayus smiled, "where shall we be in Ponyville?"

"Well, some of you look outside the city, and many of you stand guard within town. Of course, the other type of enemies won't give you any trouble, but the changelings are tricky, and I thought that maybe you should all know about it."

"Good. Thank you."

"Now, go spread the world. We'll be leaving soon. Shining Armor and Princess Cadence will he,p you guys out for any attacks."

"Perfect." Then they all exited the tent. "Listen up," link announced to the others. "The darknuts and Bublins will be with you guys to protect Ponyville in case more monsters come back, or a changeling attack. Me, Twilight, and my friends are going to Canterlot to put a stop to Chrysalis' plans. I'm counting on you all."

They all cheered for him. "Don't worry, Link." Said Cadence. "We will do everything we can to help these ponies in need with the new help and allies." She and Shining looked at the darknuts and the Bulblins with hope on their faces.

Then they all cheered again, pony, Darknut, and Bulblin alike.

"Good. Don't worry. We will be back after we put an end to this chaos and restore peace to Equestria and Hyrule." Then he went to the Train station. With him were Fluttershy, Twilight, their friends, Big Mac, Zecora, Lyra, Bon Bon, Spike, Discord and Mathayus. When the train arrived, they all boarded it, straight to Canterlot.

For Ponyville, Cadence and Shining Armor will face a battle soon enough, fighting alongside the Bulblins and Dakrnuts. "So, when do you think they will come, princess?" The king asked.

"We are not sure, but it might be sooner than we think." Said Shining, "in the meantime, we should keep our guards up just in case."

"Quite right."

For the darknuts, they were led by another large one named Cedric, the brother of Mathayus, who had a wolf or husky-like appearance oh his face. Unlike his brother, he was wearing blue armor, an aqua-marine of indigo blue of some kind. Still, he looked rather proud and a devoted fighter.

"Are you ready for this?" Cadence asked him

"Totally. I promise my brother that I will not fail you, your majesty."

"Good. Thank you."

"You are welcome."

'Hey!" Said Ace, the tennis stallion. "Here comes more of them monsters from Hyrule!"

Everyone and everypony went to their battle stations, more than ready to take on the dark dawning shadows in the fields."are you with us, Cedric?"

The darknut nodded. "To the death," he replied

"And what about you, king Bulblin?"

"You're strength give me and my fellas strength." Was all he said back to the handsome prince. The army consisted of lizalfos, Dinolfos, aerolfos, Bokoblins, armos, bubbles (both fire and ice) Keese, kargaroks, and many others

Not only that, but the changelings were with them as allies.

"Chaaarge!!" Shouted all four commanders. Then they all charged at the enemy. Bulblins, darknuts, ponies. They were all charging full of zeal.

Shining was putting up a good fight and knocked out five Bokoblins and kicked a Lizalfos by the throat. A kargarok was about to scratch him with it's mighty talons, but Shining blasted it with his magic, causing it to double over, screeching before it turned to black smoke

Cadence was blocking a Dinolfos' many strikes with his mighty ax, and she rammed into it, causing it to fall backwards. However, when she was not looking, an aerolfos was about go swipe down on her while her back was turned, but before his sword could touch her, a darknut sliced it through it!/ neck, and it's head rolled on the ground.

"Thank you for the save."

"No problem you're majesty." The darknut replied kindly.

The Bulblins were knocking many types of enemies wi their clubs, and shooting the, down with their fire arrows. Most of the kills were from the changelings, since there was more of them in numbers,

Many Bokoblins were gored by the bullbos tusks as they charge at them in full speed, and trampled on several other of those annoying imps to death.

While on lord Bulbo, King Bulbkin swung his axe at several enemies coming at him, many Bokoblins, and changelings, and lizalfos getting thrown like a bunch of ragdolls from the impact. "Hahaha! No one bests a Bulblin!" He shouted in triumph. Then he fired an Aerolfos with his large mighty horns, throwing it on the ground with it's mouth open before turning to black smoke

Cedric was putting up more than a fight with the opposing side, he kept on slashing and punching and kicking like it was nothing. He was definitely like his brother. He panted and growled like a wolf would normally do, Bari his teeth, and sliced literally broke a changeling's neck with his mighty hand.

As a matter of fact, the darknuts were all fighting gallantly in the art of swordplay. Only a few casualties were seenl like a number of four or five, but they were still strong. Not only because of their humongous size, but of their knowledge of the sword and shield like Link does.

"Keep on fighting brothers!" Cedric urged the others. "We can win this!"

Meanwhile, Link was looking out the window for anything he could be on the lookout for, in case any changelings might have taken over the whole capital city.

"So, where do you think she might be?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"That is beyond me." Said Twilight

"Oh if only we knew. If maybe Dark Link told us at the last moment, we would know." Fluttershy added.

"Don't worry, guys." Link noted. "We'll find her. We just need to do it the old-fashioned way." Then he tapped the Master Sword's hilt to show them what he meant by that,

"I like you're thinking." Said Lyra. "Kicking some changeling butt!"

"Totally." Rainbow agreed.

"Uhh, guys?" Said Twilight. They all looked at her. "How long have the ponies in Canterlot been like this?"

When they got off the train, they all saw that everypony in town was turned to stone, like a bunch of dead living statues. The horror was just too much to bear for Link. "What happened?" Asked Fluttershy

"I don't know." Link replied in shock. He made a growl "this is unforgivable!"

They all shouted in agreement with him.

"To be honest, these statues do look rather adorable." Said the master of chaos.

"Discord, this is serious!" Twilight scolded

"I know. I know. Here, I'll see if I can get them back."

"Wait!" Mathayus stopped him before he could snap his magic fingers. "I think it is best if they would be in this state. They will be safer."

"He's right." Said Link. "We'll get them back after this is all over."

"Very well." Discord noted. "So, I am perfectly ready when you are, Link."

"Come on, let's go find Chrysalis and end this." Said Twilight.

"Yeah!" Then they all looked through town and any clues on where the changeling queen mig be hiding. They all noticed that everypony, stallion, mare, and foal alike, were turned into stone like a gorgon had been here maybe,

Link was definitely starting to get the feeling that Chrysalis would have something to do with this chaos. He just wanted this to go away, and bring balance once again, like his ancestor, the Hero of Time did.

"Now where to look." Link said to himself. He searched far and wide in the stores and restaurants just in case a clue was there. So far, he has found no trace of the insect-like queen whatsoever. He did however, find a few monsters like Bokoblins and lizalfos.

""Looking for ssssomething?" Said a Lizalfos

"Where is Chrysalis?!" Link demanded. "And what did she do to these ponies?"

"Don't worry." Said the lizard beast. "They are not dead, just sleeping. And for Chrysalis, I will not tell you anything."

"You better, or suffer the consequences." Link threatened,

"Oh no. I'm so scared." The Lisa,for said in mock-terror. "Not!'

Then he charge at Link. He was fast, but Link easily overpowered it without breaking a sweat. "Now will you tell me?"

"Alright! Alright!" It pleaded. "The queen is in the castle just follow her up to the throne room, you would know where it is."

Link was worried about Celestia and Luna now. "Good." He said to the Lizalfos, then he finished it once and for all, and went back to tell the others about what he heard.

""Status report!" Said Big Mac

"She is in the castle." Link answered. "I'm worried that Celestia and Luna might be in terrible danger."

"Then we have no time to lose." Said Bon Bon.

"For Equestria!" Lyra shouted on triumph. They all ran to the castle doors, and opened it to find a swarm of changelings. It looked like they will all have to fight their way out of this,