• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,356 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,356

Welcome to Equestria (Edited)

Link and Colin arrived back in Ordon Village, and both mounted off of Epona.

"Princess Zelda seems very nice." said Colin

"She is." Link replied.

"So, what are you going to do with what the princess predicted?" asked the boy

"Don't worry about it Colin." said Link. "I'll see what I can do. Meantime, why don't you go play with the other kids."

"Okay." said Colin. He went to his house, and put his sword and shield away. Link looked at his surroundings. hopefully, everything won't turn out like when the bulbins invaded the village when he started his quest.

At Night

Link was sitting near the lake in the main part of Ordon village. He still had his Master Sword, and shield on his back. It was a beautiful night in Hyrule, and not a cloud in the sky, nothing but the stars and the beautiful full moon. Everyone in the village, except him of course, was asleep.

"What did she mean by... monstrous horses that look more like insects?" Link thought to himself. All of a sudden, he felt an aura around him. "Wha... what's going on?" said Link. He quickly unsheathe the Master sword from it's scabbard and his shield. The aura circled around him, making him feel like he was going around and around him. Finally the aura formed what he saw like a portal. After a moment, he saw that he wasn't in his village anymore. The landscape around him was a meadow covered with beautiful green grass, with some trees on the soil. He saw snow-capped mountains, and one of them was a large Castle on the side of it. "What.... what is this place?" Link said, very confused.

He was lost. He was confused, and it definitely looks like he's not in Hyrule anymore. He realized that there must be something he can do. He decided to go to the castle on the side of the mountain. He thinks that since there is a castle, there has to be someone that can help him. He took his lantern out so that he can see better As he was walking, he smelled an awful stench and saw a large figure in a couple of bushes. He hooked his lantern to his waist, and he pointed the Master Sword at the bush and said "who's there? Come out! I know you're back there, so come out!"

What came out of the bushes, where three large, dog-like humanoid like creatures with armor and spears as weapons. "Ah, lookie here." Said one of them in a tough voice. "We got ourselves a live one."

"It must have been the light from my lantern." He thought. "Who are you?" Link said.

"Diamond Dogs." Another one of them answered.

"Diamond dogs?" Link thought. "They look different from Bulbins." He then said "what do you want from me? "

"Why, we just want to.eat you." Said the third diamond dog. "Attack!" He exclaimed. The three monsters dashed straight for Link, and one of them thrusted his spear at Link, but the hero retaliated and used his shield to block the attack.

"Curses!" Said the Diamond dog. Link used the shield attack and then the helm splitter killing it instantly. The body turned black and then turned to a dark purple explosion.

At what just happened, another diamond dog charge at Link, but he sidestepped out of the way, and Link hit him with four blows with his sword, finishing blow on his stomach. Link back flipped off the body, and it also turned to dark purple dust.

The third diamond dog had enough, he attacked link with his machete and clashed it with Link's sword a couple of times. Finally, Link Sidestepped again, rolled over to the Diamond dog's back, and did the back slicer. When the third diamond dog was dead, Link won, and sheathed the master sword. He continued walking to the castle. For good measure, he looked around to see if there weren't anymore Diamond Dogs about to ambush him. So far, there were no hostile creatures anywhere in his sight. He was walking and walking, but the castle was still to far away for him to reach. His legs were killing him, and felt like he needed to rest. In face, he was about to stop, until he smelled another awful stench. This time, it was far worse than what the diamond dogs smelled like.

"Ugh, it smells awful." Link said out loud. of of a nearest bush, he number of large, wooden dogs that resembled wolves, with glowing yellow eyes, and some leaves attached to them. "Oh you have gotta be kidding me."Link said in an irritated voice. He unsheathed his sword and shield again, and the alpha male charged at him. Link did the jump attack on it, tearing it into pieces, the other timber wolves attacked him after that. Link kept slicing the timberwolves left and right until none of them could fight. He took a breath, and thought it was all over, but he saw the body parts glowing a yellow aura, and putting themselves back together into a much larger one.

Link's eyes twitched at what he just saw "Oh come one!" he complained. The larger wooden wolf roared really loudly. It was so loud that it went a mile away from where Link and the monster were. Link took out his bow and Arrow, and used a bomb arrow instead of a regular one. He shot it, and it exploded into the monsters face, making it howl in agony, but it was only a minor set back, for the monster used his claw to attack try and strike Link with it. Link moved out of the way, and threw his gale boomerang at his face. While the boomerang distracted it, Link took out his ball and chain next. he threw at the monsters paw, which was stuck to the ground when he swiped it.

The monster roared in agony again, but swiped at link with his paw, throwing him to the air. Link nodded his head to keep him from getting dizzy, and growled. He felt the right half of his stomach getting sore from the blow the monster threw upon him. He touched his side to ease the pain. "Looks like I made him mad." he said to himself. He realized that his eyes could be a weak point He used one of his clawshots, and fired it at the monsters ear, sending Link on top of the beast's head. He stabbed the master sword in one of the monsters eyes, making it yowl. The beast retaliated and bucked Link off of it. Now the monster was raging mad now.

"Just one more eye, and he's done for." Link thought. Before the monster could attack him, he realized that he can get to the castle faster if Epona helped him. He used the horse whistle and blew it, but nothing happened. It turns out, Epona didn't come. "That's just great." said Link sarcastically. He decided to keep fighting the monster. He used his second clawshot and aimed at the monsters other ear. Link stabbed the second eye. He lunged the master sword all the way in than in the first eye. Link got off, and saw the monster getting dizzy, and losing his balance. The monster collapsed dead on the ground. For good measure, Link throw a bomb in it's mouth, down it's throat. The explosion blew the beast up into a million pieces, this time, for good. Link unsheathed the Master Sword, and put away the Hylian shield on his back, but then, he suddenly collapsed of exhaustion, and because of the blow the beast inflicted. With that, he was out cold. Before he was unconscious. he heard the sound of what sounded like horse hooves trotting, and then he was unconscious.

"Over here!" said a female voice. It was Twilight, and her friends, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity, with Spike on Twilight's back.

They saw the timber wolf remainings, and then they saw Link, on the grass.

"Are you sure the sounds came from here?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Yes." said Twilight. "I recognized that tune anywhere,

"Not to mention that... roar." said Fluttershy.

The group walked up to Link, and questioned what he was, therefore they have never seen a being like him before. They turned his body over, and saw his face.

Twilight and Spike gasped.

"That's the one from my vision." said Twilight in surprise

"Mine too." Spike added.

"The vision that you guys were talking about?" asked Rainbow Dash

"Yeah." Twilight replied. "He's the one.

"Well he's not ugly." said Applejack

"We better help him." said Fluttershy.

"Are you sure?" asked Rarity.

"Well, it looks like he was fighting that timberwolf, and it looks like.... he won." said Twilight.

The girls looked very impressed by that. Applejack said "Well I'll be thanked. Not a lot of creatures like him can take on a large timberwolf like that one."

"I know." said Rainbow Dash. "That's so awesome."

"Let's take him into my cottage to nurse him back." Fluttershy suggested. The yellow pegasus picked up Link, with him on her back. She went to her cottage, and her friends followed her there.

The Next Morning

Link was resting on Fluttershy's nice soft bed. The girls and Spike looked at him with concern. "I'm so worried." said Fluttershy.

"So... why would he be in your visions, Twi?" Asked Applejack.

"I don't know." said Twilight. "It just... came to me and Spike too."

"Maybe it was for a good reason." said Rarity.

"Maybe." said Pinkie Pie. "No offense, but I thought you were going a little coco loco." Pinkie rolled her eyes like crazy to make her point, but her friends weren't amused.

"Do you think he's a good monster?" asked Rarity

"I don't know if I would say monster, Rarity." said Fluttershy. "I would prefer creature as a better word." the girls looked on at Link, who was still resting.

"Maybe his is a good creature." said Spike. He doesn't like like one." The mane six made words of agreement with him. All of a sudden, Link began to stir.

Twilight gasped and said "He's waking up."

"Should I knock him out?" asked Rainbow Dash wih precaution

"No!" Twilight Sparkle scolded. Link slowly sat up, and rubbed his eyes so he can see better. He looked to see a bunch of colorful horses and a baby draogn like creature crowding around him. He didn't know what to think or say. He looked at his sides, and saw that his shield and sword were gone.

"Who or what are you?" said Link in confusion.

"relax." said Fluttershy. "We won't hurt you."

"Yeah, we mean you no harm." Twilight added

"Talking horses?" said Link in disbelief.

"I believe a better term is 'ponies' if you put it that way." said Rarity. "And yes, we can definitely talk."

"Ponies?" Said Link. "I do have ponies and horses in my world, but they don't talk."

"Really?" Said Twilight. "Fascinating."

"Well, my name is Fluttershy." Said she politely.

"I'm Applejack."

"Rainbow Dash."

"I'm Pinkie Pie."

My name is Rarity.

"And I am Twilight Sparkle."

"Hey, aren't you forgetting about me?" Said Spike.

Link looked a little scared by Spike's appearance. "What are you?" Link asked him.

"I'm Spike, and I am a baby dragon." Spike introduced himself.

"A dragon?" Said Link I amazement

"Yep, but don't worry, I'm not a bad dragon. I am a nice dragon." Spike said

"And an adorable one." Said Rarity, making Spike looking irritated.

"So... What's your name?" Asked Twilight.

"L....Link." He said. "My name is Link"

"We'll it's nice to meet you, Link." Said Fluttershy. Link gave a slight smile on his face, rubbing the back of his head.

"Nice to meet you... too." Link replied. "I thank you all for helping me." He said "if you haven't come, I would be dead."

"Aw, you're welcome, Link. Happy I'm able to help." Said Fluttershy. Her friends made remarks of agreement.

"So what are YOU exactly?" Asked Rainbow Dash a little curiously

"We'll, I'm a hylian." Link replied

"A hylian?" Said Twilight. "i never heard of a hylian before."

"Where are you from?" Asked Applejack.

" I am from a land called Hyrule." Link answered. "It's a pretty beautiful place."

"Hyrule?" Said Spike

"Yep."

"What's it like?" Asked Rarity astonished

"There's many types of landscapes in Hyrule, including the desert province, and the snowy mountain province."

The girls and Spike were amazed but what Link was narrating.

"Are there other creatures Hyrule besides, Hylians?" Asked Fluttershy

"oh yes." Said Link. "Look I really need something to eat." He slowly got up, and felt a pain on his side, and moaned in agony.

Fluttershy gasped and said "oh my, you're hurt. Here, let me help you." She gently sat Link down, and rubbed his side to ease the pain, and it was working. Link relaxed himself as he felt the soft, relaxing touches from Fluttershy.

"Thank you, Fluttershy." Link said

"You're welcome, Link." Fluttershy replied in her usual soft voice.

"So, how did you find me?" Asked Link

"Well, we heard this song that ponies are deeply attracted to." Said Rarity

"And we heard the timberwolf roaring." Applejack added.

"And we saw the explosions that you inflicted on it somehow." Said Rainbow Dash.

"Timber....wolf?" Said Link

"Yep, that was the monster you just fought." Said Spike.

"So... Where am I?" Link asked curiously

"You're in Equestria." Twilight answered.

"Equestria?" Said Link. "I'm not familiar with it."

"How did you get here?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"I don't know, I was in my village, doing a patrol in the middle of the night, and I felt this aura circling around me, the next thing I knew, I was transported here in this peculiar land

"That's odd." Said Twilight. "Why would you be transported here all of a sudden?"

"I have no idea." Said Link. "That's when I fought the timberwolf, and three.... Uh... Diamond dogs." Link said

"Diamond dogs?" Said the group

"That's awesome." Said Rainbow Dash

"They didn't even put up a fight. Speaking of what, where is my sword and shield?" Link asked

"Oh, I'll get it." Said Rarity. She went downstairs and carried the Master sword and hylian shield with the magic from her horn. "I polished it for you." She said before giving the, to Link.

"Thank you." Said Link

Rarity smiled. "You're very welcome darling."

"So, now that you're hear, why don't we show you around Ponyville, the place we live in." Said Twilight.

"Good idea." Said Link. He slowly got up, and took out a bottle with a fairy, and opened it. Releasing it from inside, healing Link instantly.

"Whoa, what was that?" Said Rainbow Dash in amazement.

"A fairy. It healed my wounds." Said Link

"You got that from a pouch?" Asked Applejack

"A magic pouch." Link corrected. It allows me to keep my items in so that I don't have to keep it in a large bag." Link said

"That's awesome." Said Pinkie Pie.

"How wonderful." Fluttershy added.

"So, come on, let us show you around Ponyville." Said Twilight.

Link smiled and said "alright." He found his green cap, put it on his head, and put his shield and sword on his back, inside the scabbard. Link followed the ponies and Spike downstairs into Ponyville

Author's Note:

So Link is in Equestria? Well what will happen next? Find out on the next chapter.