• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,356 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,356

Stopping the Changeling Queen with help from a Changeling (Edited)

Oh these were dark times, dark times indeed. Running as fast as he could while being a wolf, Link was panting while he was moving like a lightning bolt. "This is all my fault." Link said to himself "that witch got my brother because of me!"

He finally reached the cottage again, and stopped to catch his breath before turning back into a human. What would the others think?

Before entering, he pulled out a red potion from his pouch on a bottle and drank half of it, already recharging his energy and stamina. He put the potion back where he brought it out, and went inside to tell everyone the grave news. He barged open the front door, scaring Fluttershy, and a few other ponies inside. "Guys! I have some bad news." Link said

They all murmured to eachother, except for Mathayus. Nonetheless, the darknut was just as confused and puzzled as Twilight, Spike, Discord, and the others were. "What is it, Link?" Fluttershy went to his aid.

"Chrysalis, it's all true, the visions were true, and now she kidnapped Colin!"

"Whaaaat?!?!" They all said in complete horror.

"Oh no, this is terrible!" Spike exclaimed. "How did this happen?"

"Me and Colin were doing a little patrolling around the nearby lake, and then she and a couple of her demons came and wanted to talk to us. Chrysalis knocked me out of the way, and then she kidnapped Colin, and she was gone!"

They all gasped. "I knew there was something that evil insect was hiding under our noses." Rarity pointed

"Yeah, when I see, that evil bitch, I am gonna make her bleed so much, it will make her look like a dead plant!" Rainbow said with anger, pounding her fists together as she was ready for a fight.

"Peace, Rainbow Dash." Mathayus reassured "we will give her what she deserves, but we need to focus on notifying the princess' about what just happen, and how Chrysalis manipulated all of us."

"Mathayus is right." Twilight agreed. "She tricked us all, now we need help from Celestia and Luna to try and stop her."

Discord, with his voice sounding like an angry yell, said "I knew it! I knew Chrysalis was not to be trusted from the day she came here to Ponyville. The bug queen always was a thieving and conniving woman."

"We all knew." Said Applejack.

"We should not dilly-dally, we must fight and summon a search rally." Zecora remarked "if we are not careful, this could be Colin's end of the line. It will not help if we waste precious time. We need to stop her and fix all of this soon, because if we fail, Equestria will surely be doomed."

"Right!" All of them minus Link agreed. "We'll need to make sure at any monsters will not come here and cause havoc, from either here, or Hyrule." Said Twilight

"Yeah!" They all agreed.

"But, we need to help my brother!" Link begged. "I lost him before, and I will not do the same thing ever again."

Fluttershy in a gentle voice, replied "we all want to help him too, but with help from Celestia and Luna, we can all defeat her..... Together."

"She's rig, Link." Said Lyra. "I heard about what happened at the Canterlot wedding and how she and her army attacked the city. Now, I think she is much stronger than ever."

Bon Bon stepped in as she said "and it might take more than just Twilight and the others taking her head-on again."

The hero took a breath and was a little more calm than before.

"Ask yourself, Link," Said Big Mac. "What would Colin do if he wasn't with you?"

"He... He would stay calm and figure out what to do to get out of the problem."

"Exactly!" Said Pinkie.

"He will stay strong." Fluttershy said "we will get him back." She wrapped her arm around him. "We promise."

They all agreed with her, saying many words of how they will bring Colin back, no matter how long it will take. Link was very grateful to have friends like all of these ones would be.

"Thank you, guys." He took a sigh. "I'm sorry, I was just so scared about losing him."

"It's okay." Twilight said

"But, you saved Hyrule from an evil warlock. I mean, you're not scared of anything." Epona pointed

Link really hated to admit it, but, nonetheless, he said "well.... I was a few times."

"You were?" Asked Spike

"Yes. When King Bulblin and his minions took Ilia, and the kids from my village, I thought I would lose them forever." He bowed his head "and no I am so afraid that I will lose the kid that is like a little brother to me." He shed a tear from his eye.

"Everything will be okay." Said Applejack. "We will find him."

"Alright, Spike, let's send another letter." Twilight said with confidence.

"Right! Ready when you are."

Dear Princess Celestia and Princess Luna

We were right all along not to trust Chrysalis. She was behind everything that just happened, and Link's visions were all true. She's kidnapped Colin, and we need your help to get him back. Link has to save him, and so do we.

Twilight Sparkle

Then Spike sent the letter with fire. "Done and done." He said

"What if more monsters come back? From here or Hyrule?" Discord stated.

They all agreed with him one after another. "He's right." Spike agreed. "What if anymore of those fiends come back?"

Link thought of it through, and replied at last, "Well, we can always thwart them out. I mean, can anyone in Ponyville defend themselves?"

"Of course they can." Applejack said "Ponyville knows exactly how to hold their ground."

"Well, I got an idea." Rainbow said

"What's that?" Link asked. He and the others listened to here what she has to say about her plan.

Rainbow cleared her throat and began "why don't we. Built we build a fifty foot, sheer rock wall around Ponyville, and none of those baddies will ever come in to attack the place." She looked proud and confidential in herself.

The others, however, mildly groaned in irritation. "Really? Where would we even get the tile for the wall?" Twilight asked

"Well we- Discord! You can poof up the wall, right?"

Discord had a nervous look on his face "I'm really sorry, Rainbow, but just because I am a master of chaos, does not mean I am a miracle worker. Even a magical Drancequus like has his limits."

Rainbow mildly groaned "aww, we must do something!"

"And we will." Said Rarity. "For now, we need to figure out where we can find Chrysalis. Besides, we don't even know where that evil insect lives."

"Oh yeah. I forgot." Rainbow shrugged, rubbing the back of her head in a slight embarrassment. She quickly realized that she let her pride get the best of her.

"We could always ask somepony if they would know anything." Fluttershy suggested

"That's good thinking, but I don't think a lot of ponies would know where it is." Twilight replied to her.

Link then had a memory "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you something while you were writing the letter. I forgot to tell you that the Crystal Empire meeting is canceled tomorrow because of Colin."

"Oops, darn me!" Spike cursed

Rarity rubbed his head softly "oh, don't feel bad, sweetie." She said "it wasn't your fault."

"Don't worry, Link. I'm pretty sure she would know by now." Fluttershy remarked

"Well, we should probably go down to Ponyville again to make sure monsters don't come back." Said Applejack. "We will never know what might happen next."

"That may be true, but we should probably stay here, at least until Celestia replies back for any useful information on Chrysalis. After all, it is Link the Hyrulean monstrosities want, not really us."

Link started to feel a little guilty about this whole situation. He was starting to think that all of these troubles and monsters appearing were all his fault. "I hate to say it, but Mathayus is right. It is me they all want." He looked out through a window "and they probably will not stop until my blood stains on their hands."

It was just then Spike felt another letter coming out of his mouth, it had to be the princess. The scroll looks the same as the previous one that he sent her about the terrible news.

Link

Me and my sister are both truly sorry about what happened to Colin. Please, do not blame yourself for his capture, we are both the ones to blame for putting too much trust into that parasite queen. Luna already sent an urgent message to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor about this mere event. And they will bring Thorax to help out. He is a changeling, but do not worry, Spike befriended him and he is actually a really nice and kind-hearted changeling, so do not be alarmed if you see him. Maybe he can help you find Chrysalis and rescue Colin. The three will arrive in Ponyville shortly, so please meet them there and they will do everything they can to help you. Good luck, and be careful.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna

The Hylian felt sweet relief after hearing the news. He knew at the princess' will do everything they can do to help him bring his god-brother back.

"So this Thorax is a good changeling?" Link said

"Uh-huh, I made friends with him and then made him friends with everypony else in the a crystal Empire.

"Oh yes, he is a real sweetheart." Fluttershy added

Twilight then said "Spike's right, Link. We were all a little unsure ourselves, but he proved us wrong. A changeling can change." then she hugged him like a big sister would do to her little brother.

Link was still a little uncertain, but if he could trust his new friends, then he might be able to be the same with this very peculiar changeling that is against Chrysalis and her ways of ruling. "Well, if what you all say is true about this Thorax, then we better get a move on."

"Right!" they all agreed with him.

Before they all left, Fluttershy said to the animals. "Please be careful. I would never forgive myself if any one of those monsters got you, or.... dealt away with you." she felt like shedding tears just thinking about it

Harry the grizzly went up to her, and place his paw on her shoulder with a smile. He told her everything will be okay, and they will be fine in Bear language.

Fluttershy felt a little better now. "Okay. You're right. Let's go." then they were off.


In town, no monsters from either Hyrule or Equestria were on a rampage this time, which was good since nopony will be in any danger and harm's way.

"Do you think we might need to find them? or will they find us first?" asked Rarity.

"I'm pretty sure my brother and Princess Cadence will find us first." Twilight noted. Then they both waited for the two royal ponies to arrive at their aide. It was not long when they both saw Shining and Cadence coming down the road with the changeling that was called Thorax

"Ahh! A Changeling!" cried Carrot Top

"It's alright, everypony." said Shining. "Thorax is a very friendly changeling. He would't hurt a fly."

Cadence then added "He is a good friend to us. He is nothing like Chrysalis." That was when the three saw Link and the others. "ah, there they are, sweetie."

"Twili!" Shining called to her sibling. "Hello again, Link. The others heard his calling and ran up to them. "Celestia told us what happened to the kid."

"We are very sorry about what happened." Cadence added

"Hello, guys." Link said "and thank you for your sympathy." He looked at the changeling with a little caution. "So you must be Thorax, right?"

"Uh-huh." He replied. "You must be Link. Princess Cadence and Shining Armor told me about ya, they said they would want my help about what just happened."

"I do. My friend Colin has been kidnapped by Chrysalis, and they said you can help me find where she is."

"I can."

Link grew a smile of hope. "Awesome! Then take me to her."

"Well, should't we come with you? You might need our help rescuing Colin."

"That's nice of you, but I can handle myself. I defeated Ganondorf, and I think I can fight an army of changelings and theit queen."

"Please." Fluttershy begged. "Please let us help you." Then she made the puppy eyes at him.

Link had a look of slight uncertainty, but remembered how the others fought well against the diamond dogs, Bokoblins, and lizalfos for when they were coming at Link with full zeal. "Well, okay. I guess you all can come."

They all cheered after hearing that. "We promise we will protect you." Twilight vowed.

"Thank you." Link said with great gratitude. "I'm just gonna say is fight well, and be careful."

"We will." Lyra said

"We'll always be ere for you when you need our help." Bon Bon added,

The changeling made a rather weird sound that was like an unusual growl or what not, with a little hissing. They all looked at him with one eyebrow raised over their pupils. "Sorry, I'm like that when I see strong friendship bonds like this."

"It's fine. You just need a little more control." Spike notified.

"I know."

"Don't worry, Link. We'll take care of things from here and you look for Colin, alright?" Said Shining.

"Okay."

Then they all went to the train station for the badlands where they all might encounter Chrysalis and make her pay for her deceit.

While on board, looking at the window, Link said to himself "Stay strong, buddy. We'll get you back soon." He then felt Fluttershy wrapping her arm around his shoulders

"We will find him. We promised "the yellow pegasus softly remarked.

"So, Thorax, are you sure you know the way to Chrysalis' castle, or lair?" The Hylian asked the changeling.

"Of course. However, we might need the element of surprise if we want this to work. Now, I want everypony to just follow my lead, I have a plan."

Author's Note:

Whatever Thorax' plan is, will it work? Or will it be a total downfall? Find out on he next chapter.