• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 7,356 Views, 153 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - MetalBrony823



Link has been asked by Zelda to stop an unknown evil. All of a sudden, he gets transported to Equestria for an unknown reason

  • ...
25
 153
 7,356

From Bad to Worse (New Help) Edited

At the train station, just when they all got off, Link and his friends were happy to see that Ponyville was okay and not hit by any Changelings or other monsters. His leg was patched up by the bite from Dark Link when he was a werewolf, right before he killed him.

They all saw Mayor Mare, and all rushed up to her. "Mayor, is everything okay in Ponyville? Any monsters attacking while we were gone?"

"Oh no." Said Mayor Mare. "Everything is just fine, princess Twilight. There have not been any attacks from those vermin that yoy and Link fought before." They were all happy to hear that the town was safe, for Link worried that there night have been a sneak attack while he and his cohorts were not there. However, they all knew that this little crisis was far from over, for Dark Link was only a puppet with Chrysalis pulling his strings.

"Good. But we still got bigger problems, miss mayor." Said Link. "Twilight might have told you, but Chrysalis was playing us all along."

Mayor Mare had a look of slight guilt on her face. "I am really sorry you did not find Colin, Link." She said to the Hylian.

"It's alright. It's not your fault."

"Indeed, Chrysalis manipulated all of us."

"We are all victims of her plan." Big Mac added

"What was she trying to do?" Asked Mayor Mare. "Was she trying to take over Equestria again?"

"Of course. Why else would she try and do this?" Spike replied to her. Then he remembered what Link's evil double said before the real one killed him. "But she is not alone."

"He's right. Chrysalis is working with somepony with this scheme." Fluttershy agreed. Then she made a small shiver of fear with a chill coming right through her spine. "I don't even want to know who."

"Wait, Discord." The mayor wad getting a little suspicious of the master of chaos.

"Oh come on! I'm a good guy now." Then he conjured an angel robe along with a pair of wings and a halo on his head with a chorus singing in the background.

They all agreed with him. "He's right." Said Lyra. "If he a was behind it, we would know. Besides, Chrysalis and him have a long history with hating eachother."

'Yeah, they have quite a grudge on eachother." Said Bon Bon. "It's somepony else."

For a moment it was silent. It became a little still that they can all hear the breathing of the darknut. "Well. Who was it? Who is really behind all of this?" Said Mayor Mare at last.

'We do not know. But me, and the guys are working on it. And I promise you, I will make sure this guy will face justice with my master sword for taking Colin away from me."

"Excellent. We will need your help to stop this madness."

"And mayor, i'm sorry if I caused all this. It's all my fault that all these monsters are coming here."

"Don't say that, Link." The mayor reassured him. "This was not your fault. If anypony is to blame, it's that foul queen herself for causing all these problems."

"Exactly!" Thorax agreed. "She is behind all of this somehow."

"Twilight! Guys!" Called a stallion's voice. It was Shining Armor with Princess Cadence by his side. "Did you find her?"

They all had looks of lost hope. "No." Twilight said sadly

"What happened?" Asked Cadence

"She wasn't there." Said Rarity slowly. "Chrysalis knew that we were coming to look for her in her lair, and she fled just before we all arrived there to stop her."

"Dammit." Shining cursed under his breath. "She's good."

"But we did find Dark Link, and the real Link killed him. So he won't be a problem anymore." Said Applejack

"That's good, but it's not over yet." Said Cadence.

"Of course. Princess Cadence, Shining, please listen to me." the couple both kept quiet for what Link was about to tell them. "Chrysalis is not alone." Link said specifically and distinctly. "Someone else is behind all of this madness. The monsters, the disruption of peace in this world, this guys is behind everything, someone far more powerful than Chrysalis herself."

Cadence and Shining looked at eachother, knowing how serious this is. "How.... how did you know?"

"My evil doppelganger told me right before he died when I killed him."

"Who?" said Cadence

"I.... I don't know." Link admitted with shame. He wish he knew who the monster behind all of this was behind his visions. "Dark Link never told me his name. That was when he turned into black dust."

"It wasn't your fault." said Thorax. "There is still time to stop her before anything else goes wrong."

"Right. So, Shining, princess, did you see any monsters come into town?"

"Nope. Not that we know of." said Cadence

"Good."

"Maybe it was King Sombra." Spike made a theory.

"Pfft, that's impossible. He's not coming back here in Equestria any time soon, since you were the one that defeated him, Spike." Rainbow said.

"Oh yeah."

"She's right, Spike." Twilight agreed with her friend. "There was no way it was King Sombra."

"Yes, I promise that if he was back, we would know." Discord added.

"Touché." The baby dragon concurred

"Oh! I just have a thought!" Pinkie blurted. Then they all looked at her, wanting to know what she has to say out of her system.

However, Pinkie remained silent for at least a minute, starting to annoy some ponies and Link and Mathayus. "What is your thought, Pinkie?!" Twilight shouted impatiently

"Wouldn't Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra make such a cute couple?" Then they all groaned at her randomness. Link face-palmed his head in annoyance.

"Seriously, Pinkie?" Said Rainbow.

"Well yeah. Think about it, they are both evil rulers who terrorize their own subjects, and torture-"

"Pinkie!" Fluttershy interrupted her. "Please. We have to focus on saving Colin and stopping the changelings from taking over Equestria, remember?"

"Oh. Silly me." She giggled.

Link rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Right. Now at we have gotten that out of the way, what else should we do?"

"The evil you told you that they were at Canterlot." Said Big Mac. "I'm pretty sure he was telling the truth."

"Yes, but where in particular are they in Canterlot?" The Hylian stated, trying to be more specific to him. "Do you think they might be in the castle?"

They all thought of where to fix the queen and save the boy from her grip. "Well, what if Dark Link was lying?" Said Lyra. "what if Chrysalis is not hiding there after all? It could possibly be part of a trap to ensnare us all."

"Well, I would agree, Lyra. But, Dark a link was telling the truth. I bet Chrysalis' life on him. Maybe it is all a ploy to lure me into one of her traps, like in her lair from before. "It's all up to us to see what is really going on here., and what these visions mean."

"Right!" Minus Mayor Mare, Cacence and a shining Armor.

"We must fight posthaste today. I fear that there will be hell to pay." Zecora added.

Mathayus cracked his knuckles before he remarked, "It is going to be a bloodbath"

"We'll be ready for anything." Said Applejack.

All of a sudden, a colt said Link's name from a distance away. It was none other than Pipsqueak. "Link! Link! Come quick!" He shouted

"What's wrong, Pip?" The Hylian asked in alarm.

"An army of monsters are coming this way!"

"What?!" They all said. They all ran as fast as they could through town, and looked over the fields at the outskirts. Before their eyes, it was a horde of Bokoblins, Kargaroks, Moblins, Lizalfos, Dinolfos, Aeralfos,mane many many other of Link's old foes from before.

Sure, the cave of Ordeals was one thing in the Gerudo desert. But this was just too much, even for Link. The numbers were far greater than him and Ponyville. Worst of all, Ponyville wasn't really ready to face a threat like this, and was defenseless against the enemy.

"Oh. My. Gosh." Said Twilight with her jaw dropped to the ground.

"Difeinitely a sight I have never seen before. Quite large numbers for a monster horde." Zecora added, equally surprised.

Link didn't know what to do, he was on thin ice and time was running out before Ponyville would become nothing but a series of ruins.

"Ms. Mare, are any other ponies in this little town graceful fighters like we are?"

"Are you kidding, Rariy." Said the mayor in an exasperated voice. "We are a peaceful town, heck, one of the most peaceful in all of Equestria to be exact!"

"Oh right. My sincere apologies." The mayor didn't really reply but rolled her eyes in slight irritation.

"Discord, can't you do something?" Asked Twilight.

"Just because a master of chaos like moi does has a unique gift of magical abilities, does not mean that I can take out an army against enemies with ease.

"Well, there is only one thing that we can do." Applejack remarked, knowing that they might not all make it through this. "We fend off Ponyville till the end!"

"Yeah!" They all said in unison.

Link took out his primary weapons and muttered to himself "at least I'll die trying." If anything did happen to Equestria like this attack, and if he couldn't stop it, he would never forgive himself? Then he waited for the worst to happen and took a breath through his nose,

As the monster army was getting closer, a peculiar horn was heard on the distance, causing the enemy army to stop dead in their tracks.

When Link looked to see what it was, he was more than relieved to see King Bulblin, his former nemesis and Lord Bulbo, his pig-like steed. With him were his Bulblin followers and darknuts like Mathayus.

"Oh great!" Bon Bon exclaimed. "Now we got more enemies to defeat."

"No no no." Link said "they are just old friends of mine." Then he smiled.

When the Bulblin army clashed with the monster side, there were sounds of clashing swords, skin being punched and kicked all around, stabbing, and death cries. Finally, there was silence, making King Bulblin the victor of this small war.

They all went up to Link and halted with the kin and some of his other followers getting of their bulbous.

"Hello, Bulblin." Said Link in a tone of gratitude.

"Hello.... Hero." The king replied. "I haven't seen you around for quite some time now." The he gave an ugly smirk on his face.

"How did you all get here?"

"Long story. The point is you got to save your so-called brother."

"How do you- wait, nevermind. Long story, got ya."

"Yeah."

Then a darknut classed on black armor went up to the hero, and took off his helmet that looked more like a wolf-like beast. "Link, we would like to thank you for creating a new alliance with our noble leader, Marhayus, and our people with your own." Then he gave an honorary bow to him.

Link was more than happy to here that.

"Mighty Matyahus." Said another darknut. "We would like to thank you for giving us a new hope for your subjects."

The darknut leader smiled. "I thank you all for your proud support and your kindness, but I am afraid we have a larger problem to deal with right now." He addressed.

"We know." Said the first Darknut.

One Bulblin then said "our swords, bows, and clubs are at your service." Then they all bowed their weapons to him in respect and honor.

"For our people." Said the darknut.

"For our people!" The other canine beasts repeated with triumph.

"You still are stronger than anyone else, aren't you, boy?" King Bulblin asked the hero

"Of course."

"Good. I might have said this before, but I might as well say it again: I follow the strongest side, that is all I ever know."

Link smiled, happy to hear that again. "That's good. Because I still am the strongest."

This made the king smirked amusingly. "Good. Ah, and I believe introductions are in order with your new friends."

"Right, well we can do that later, but right now, I got a job for you guys."

"Of course." Said king Bulblin in a not-so interested tone.

"What do you need, Link?" A different darknut asked the hero.

"I need you guys to watch over Ponyville and protect it from danger while me and my friends go to Canterlot to stop queen Chrysalis and this other person she is white once and for all." Link instructed. "I need you all to guard this place with your lives until then.

"Of course."

Mathayus lifted his large sword and shouted "for Hyrule!"

"For Hyrule!" The other darknuts followed after.

"Now, here is what I need you all to do,"

Author's Note:

Looks like help has arrived for Link and his friends. King Bulblin and his troops, and the loyal darknut followers of their leader, Mathayus have came to their aid as well. How will this end? Find out on the next chapter. Looks like they all have a newfound hope and greater chance against a chrysalis and this villain.