• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 1,326 Views, 82 Comments

Rainbow Dash Eats a Kitten - Shark8



Exactly what it says on the tin.

  • ...
8
 82
 1,326

Chapter 13: Suddenly Summoning a Prismatic Protector

Chapter 13: Suddenly Summoning a Prismatic Protector
(Or Shazam!)

Fluttershy walked sown the dark, dank corridor, cringing into her Rainbow Dash costume with each beat of the purrs echoing and rebounding. She couldn’t let Spike be tortured, but she couldn’t eat the cute, fluffy kitty-cats.

The tension and conflict built up inside her until it exploded as a blind and panicked gallop, turning at random and trying to escape the terrible sound until, at last, se found herself splashing in the water of an underground stream.

Suddenly stopped by the subterranean watercourse, with the sound of the running water drowning out the angry purr she finally allowed herself to calm down.

Looking about she saw light glinting off of the water, apparently from the sun outside… the egress beckoned her and she felt the welcome relief of wind on her face melting away the subliminal claustrophobic terror of the underworld.

Minutes later she emerged, like a butterfly from a chrysalis emerging into the freedom of the sky!

A flicker of rainbow in motion drew her attention, it was Rainbow Dash and, looking beyond her, she could see the rest of her friends!

She ran down the changeling-hill, tripping over the cloth of her costume and falling head over heel.

She dragged herself to her feet, and discarding her costume, made her way back to her friends just as another wave of changelings swarmed out of their hive to join the Battle of Five Mares as it would one day come to be called (even though the sixth, Fluttershy, was on her way).

* * *

Rainbow Dash saw the hoard of changelings erupt from the hive, a giant anthill of a construct, built from the shattered dreams of many a pony as the hive feasted on all affection and love until nothing but the soulless husks of ponies remained, that and dirt… lots of dirt.

Diving and swooping even as Pinkie Pie’s cannon provided some form of cover as it blasted the insectoid emotion-vampires from the skies again and again, she saw a small yellow figure rushing down the side of the changeling’s hill.

It was Fluttershy!

Normally Rainbow Dash would be annoyed that the pegasus had, once again, forgotten that she could fly… but given the areal difficulties of the swarming hoard of changelings she really couldn’t blame her for staying earthbound… and, in fact, it would be good if she could divert the insectile attention away from her friend and allow her to regroup with the others.

So Rainbow Dash dove, spun and wove through the clouds of changelings using every dirty trick she could think of, but she saw a group break off to assail her friend, leaving her with one option: a sonic rainboom.

The light and noise provided enough of a distraction that Fluttershy finally made it to the others, but as Rainbow Dash pulled out of a barrel roll she heard Twilight shout and point to the side where she saw an even bigger hoard was coming from the changeling-hill.

“We have to use the Elements!” Twilight shouted, even as Rainbow Dash landed and the ever-faithful dragon Spike retrieved the Elements for use.

After taking her element, Rainbow Dash confidently jumped forward, shouting “Loyalty!” as a red beam of light erupted from the mare.

Then the orange mare, Applejack, jumped forward, shouting “Honesty!” and unleashing a bolt of orange light.

Fluttershy hopped forward and, after taking a big breath, shouted “Kindness!” and emitting a beam of yellow light to join the others.

She shook her head in disbelief, but Rarity too stepped forward shouting, in as ladylike a fashion as she could manage, “Generosity!” and a green light exploded forth.

Pinkie Pie jumped forward like a steam-power catapult had been behind her, and shouted “Laughter!” and a blue light erupted out of her.

The purple unicorn, Twilight Sparkle, jumped forward completing the sequence as she shouted “…and Friendship!” and a violet stream of light burst forth to join the others.

The rainbow colors burst forth from the ponies, clashing in a kaleidoscope of color swirling and mixing before the poly-chromatic maelstrom was consumed in a bright flash of light, revealing a human figure with a fist thrust into the very air itself.

The summoned being yelled a single phrase of introduction:

By your powers combined…

The Atlantian king of the seas had once again been summoned on a radical adventure with the extraterrestrial equines, and this time there would be plenty of outrageous action as he narrowed his eyes and stared at the oncoming changeling hoard… yes, this adventure would definitely be something to sing about!

Smiling at the challenge, Aquaman cracked his knuckles before launching himself into battle. Changeling armor and exoskeleton were no mach for his powerful hands as they literally ripped through changeling after changeling, leaving behind a trail of ichor and shards of shattered and torn carapace.

* * *

Chrysalis stood in awe of the slaughter and as this new human tore through her changeling army like a beluga whale through a colony of shrimp — why she thought of such an odd, and oceanic, metaphor she had no idea, but it sounded right.

She felt her blood chill at the sheer carnage wrought against her drones, or would have if she had been a mammal, and felt despair clawing at her throat.

There was only one thing she could do, besides order the rest of her hive to their doom, and that was to abandon the entire area… something she never would have done for the cats, but seeing the sheer savagery unleashed on unsuspecting and dutiful drones was enough to convince her that discretion was indeed the better part of valor and so she sounded the retreat.

Later she would count the survivors, and find only fifty-seven changelings from her hive survived that day. (Even now the changelings hide from anyone wearing yellow chain-mail and green gloves.) But right now, she had one thing to say, “I'll get you next time, Rainbow… next time!

* * *

The black car sat silently, waiting… the red light of its scanner bouncing back and forth as the AI housed inside waited for its partner. — KITT was, as with most AI units, quite patient and resourceful when needed, but for now all he was doing was passively monitoring his partner with the comm-link waiting to make contact with the government operative. — That he didn’t like being cut off from his partner was a unavoidable part of this particular mission.

The setup was simple, the intelligence operative, who had been inserted as part of the ambassador’s staff was transmitting an information packet via hypersonic beacon, which the comm-link would pick up, having been modified to record the whole visit — all without breaking the agent’s cover and without a traceable system like a laser-link would present, or the vulnerability of radio — plus, if the technology were found, it could be passed off as a merely the malfunction of the alarm-system on the watch.

The minutes stretched to hours, which was understandable as his partner would have to socialize with many people, one of whom would be the contact, and in order to record the messages he would have to keep them in communicator range for at least 84 seconds. And yet, this had to be done in such a way that it appeared natural, so he would have to vary the amount of time he spent with each person.

Eventually KITT’s scanners picked up someone heading towards him, pulsing the ultraviolet light scanner revealed his partner striding forth with his hands in the pockets of his trademark black leather jacket.

“Hey buddy, you ready to blow this joint?”

“Yes, Spike.” KITT intoned, relieved that his vampire-partner was finally back and that the mission appeared to have goon smoothly.

“Great, let’s go!” Spike said, opening the door and sliding into the wonderful driver’s seat of the Knight Industries Two Thousand.

As Spike pulled his seatbelt over his shoulder he felt jabbing in his ribs even as he heard KITT’s voice seem to morph into a familiar one that he couldn’t quite place, “C’mon; wake up, Spike.”

‘Bollocks!’ Spike thought, realizing that he was being woken from such a great dream.

“Come on, wake up.” the voice repeated, revealing itself to be none other than Nicolas Cage.

“Do you realize what you’ve done?” Spike snapped, angry at the human for waking him.

“Yeah, I’m here to rescue you.” Cage replied. “We’ve got to get out of here before those changelings come back… well, if they come back.”

“What? What happened?” Spike asked, confusion evident in his voice.

“Rainbow Dash and the others used the Elements of Harmony to summon Aquaman, and he’s busy destroying the hive.” Cage filled the vampire in.

“Wait, Aquaman?”

“Hey, don’t ask me — it’s the first time I’ve seen the Elements of Harmony… now come on, we gotta get to the docks before sundown.”

“I’m a vampire, I can’t go out there before sundown.”

“We got that covered.” Cage said as he pulled out an oversized burlap bag.

Spike grumbled as he took the bag and pulled it over his head, momentarily frustrated by the bag catching on the nose of his shark suit.

“Hey…” Cage said, smile evident on his voice, “What’s in the bag? a shark or something?”

“Shut it, you git.” Spike replied dourly.

“I thought you said you wanted more Wicker Man references.” Cage sniggered.

Spike simply growled in response, shuffling down the corridor to the hive’s exit.

“Hey, it’s this way!” Cage said, redirecting the grumpy vampire to the right.

Author's Note: