• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 850 Views, 9 Comments

A Letter is all It Takes - Pinkie13Pie



I sat down at my desk, my rainbow mane falling over my drooping head, grabbed a quill with my mouth. Took a piece of paper, let out a deep sigh. And began writing.

  • ...
2
 9
 850

A Faded Smile, a Scared Wonderbolt and a Golden Necklace.

Author's Note:

This is just a short story I wrote in an hour... Its not that good and it has a relatively happy ending!:pinkiehappy:

Please no hate, I realise it isn't the best... But then again, I wrote it in an hour so...

OH! BTW The reason why some of my stories have mistakes in them is because I usually write when I'm in bed and its like 12 am...

Acorns and Thimbles XOX:twilightsheepish:

I sat down at my desk and let out a deep sigh. I switched on my lamplight, grabbed a quill and a piece of paper.

And began to write.


Dear Scoots,

I got to get something off of my chest… Remember the day you met me? I was practicing my moves for the Wonderbolts and you stopped riding around to watch.

I’ll never forget that day. Because when I looked into your eyes, I saw sadness. The type of sadness where you needed hope (and someone to look up to). So I decided right there and then, that I’d be that pony.

I started to really push myself to become the best of the best, never stopping for you. I guess with that, my confidence grew and grew.

So thanks to you squirt, I became the best of the best!

Remember that time you and I went camping? With AJ, Rarity, Apple Bloom and Sweetie-Bell? Now that’s something I’ll never forget.

I helped you get over your fear, and I… I took you under my wing.

You know, that was the day I finally realized we were the same.

I saw me in you Scoots, and I always have, never will stop seeing it in you. I heard you’ve stopped smiling and scooting around Ponyville…

I’m sorry. You tell everyone that it’s just a phase and you’ll get over it… But I can see right through that.

You’ve lost hope Scoots, just like I did when I was your age… And ever since I’ve changed.

Well, you know the story of my first Sonic Rain Boom… right? Well, it started right after that…

I started looking up to Aurora Skye, who was… my big sister. She was amazing! She could do any flight trick you could ever dream of!

And when… When we were kicked out. She took me under her wing and took care of me like a mother should.

5 months after that, she was; killed…

I was all-alone, my one and only idol had been ripped from me forever… And I had lost all hope.
I was surrounded by fear… I was scared day and night… I was alone; hope and everyone I had ever loved had abandoned me.

Then I moved to Ponyville, hoping I could get over my past. I guess it worked! Although fear still trailed behind me.

I started dreaming about the Wonderbolts, and so I’d practice every day.

And then I met you… You reminded me of Aurora, and so to avenge her death, I took under you under my wing like Aurora did with me.

And I made a promise to Aurora that day, that I wouldn’t leave you like our mother did.

Lately, I’ve realized that I’ve broken that promise.

That isn’t all…

This is really hard for me to say, because people will never take me seriously again… and you’ll probably never want to talk to me again…

Because you see…

I-I actually never was brave.

I was scared of losing my friends, scared of change, scared of learning things I didn’t want to lose… And most of all… Scared of loosing you.

I was always brave and courageous around you, because I didn’t want to leave you. And I didn’t want you to see me as the coward I truly was.

Because… You were my new Aurora… And I wouldn’t give you up for the world.

Then I was accepted into the Wonderbolts, and I wrote to you, and you wrote to me.

I was really scared, and it was bad when you sent me letters… But it was worse when they stopped.

So what I’m trying to say squirt, is that you are the reason I’m brave.

I’ve told you my darkest secret.

Please smile again Scootaloo. Please… Because if you don’t.

I-I won’t make it.

And so… That’s why I’m


I lay on my bed staring at the roof. There weren’t any more tears to cry out, so I spent my time staring at the roof.

“Scootaloo…” Apple Bloom whispered softly by my door. I turned my head and looked at her.
From the look on her face, she saw that all of the hope and happiness had been taken away from my eyes.

She placed a big package next to me. “… It-It’s from” she seemed like she was thinking for a moment. “From someone you love” and with that she walked out of my room.

I looked around my room. At all of the posters that had been ripped from my walls, at all of the pictures of Rainbow Dash and me taken down.

I then stared at the box next to me. I picked it up and placed it under my bed.

“Its probably a note saying that she doesn’t love me anymore” I whispered, a tear rolling down my cheek.

A voice inside my head asked me a question Tell me dear… can your heart break… when it’s already broken? I thought about it for a second and whispered “yes…”

I jumped into my bed and went back to staring at the roof, a tear rolling down my cheek.

And that’s how I fell asleep. Tears rolling down my face.

In my dream, I dreamt about everything that ever happened to me. The first time I saw Rainbow Dash… The time she took my under her wing.

I dreamt of my future, probably alone, locked up in my room from the rest of my life.

I woke with a jump as thunder clapped outside my window.

For a second…

I really, truly, believed that it was a rainbow lightning bolt out there…
Okay… I’ve finally gone mad.

I got up from my bed and sat down on my flank by my window. I stared into the infinite abyss of rain falling from the heavens.

More lightning bolts struck the dirty ground as I sat there.

I must’ve sat there for hours, because finally, the storm had slowed to a small drizzle, and the clouds cleared away to reveal a shining sun.

I moved away from the sunlight and closed the curtain.

I turned around and saw the brown box underneath my bed. I frowned at it, then thought:

I won’t last much more… I might as well leave knowing why this pony doesn’t love me anymore.

I pulled the box out from underneath the bed and sat on my rump in front of it.

I opened it up to see a letter on top of another box.

I opened the letter to instantly recognize it as Rainbow’s writing. A part of me deep, deep down, started hoping again.

I read through the letter and at the end of it I looked up from the piece of paper that meant so much and started grinning.

I looked back down at it and realized I hadn’t read the last bit.

And so… That’s why I’m coming back to Ponyville

My eyes widened “SHES COMING BACK!!!” I started jumping up and down.

I remembered the box inside of the box. I opened it to see a locket necklace. I opened the locket in curiosity. Inside I saw a picture of me and another of a grey pony with a pastel rainbow mane.

“Aurora Skye…” I heard someone whisper. I looked up to see Rainbow Dash leaning against my door, staring at the locket I held in my hooves.

I stood up and walked up to her, my face emotionless. She looked back at me a bit scared with a few tears streaming down her cheeks. I started grinning. And she started grinning back.

Comments ( 9 )

That was awesome

5496522 Thank you, so, so much!:pinkiehappy:

That was a good story!

Aaaaaaaawwwwww socuteI'mgoingtodiebecauseIloveScootalooandRainbowDashsisficsandIcant...no more omigosh Daw meter re-exploded because I read another cute Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo story and I didnt know I could feel anymore

I was wrong

5541389 Seeing your comment... Just THANK YOU! I don't know how to repay you! BUT THANK YOU!!! I'll be smiling for the rest of the month because of that!!

The only bit of critique I feel I should give, besides a bit of grammar and whatnot, is that if you're gonna do first person, you should keep the story in the point of view of the same character. I understand it'd be hard to do that for two characters in first person, so that's why you do it in third. It's much easier that way.

5592712 Thank you a lot for this advice, I'll totally use it in the future!
5793482 Heh, heh, Thank you! I'm thinking of making a sequel one day, not any time soon, that involves Soarin ;D

5794874 *victory punches air* Heckle yess.... I should be in bed now seen as it's almost 5 or almost 6 AM in the uk (My clock says 4:57 ANS my kindle clock says 05:53)

Login or register to comment